Amanda Hopcraft Makeup Artist|| Hopcraft & Co

Worldwide

Beauty Group Bookings, Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Makeup, Makeup Artists, Nails, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Facials, Massage, Waxing, Spas, Spray Tan, Tanning, Beauty

Reviewed on 4/19/2017 Catalina

Amanda is the best of the best! I cannot say enough about how wonderful she was, from the wedding trial to the wedding day. It was an absolute pleasure to work with her, she was accommodating to changes, and she made me look and feel beautiful on my wedding day. She is calmed... Read More and professional and truly talented. All I had to do was show her an inspiration photo and give her an idea of what I was looking for and she made it happen. Thank you Amanda!!

Reviewed on 9/30/2016 Kera H

1. They showed up 45 min late. There was enough time to get all things done but no time for revisions. 2. My trial run left me nervous as I didn't like either look. I was assured by Julia she knew what I wanted and could do it. 3. Day of my makeup was perfect! Amanda was able to... Read More make it look beautiful and I loved the dramatic eye she made. 4. Julia doesn't know how to do anything other than tight updos so if you want a romantic less formed hairstyle hire someone else. She doesn't know how to work with super silky baby fine hair. There was so much product in my hair it weighted it down and gave it the feeling of helmet hair. I precurld my hair to ensure there was enough volume and felt it was a waste with the unnecessary amount of product put into my hair. My hair turned out nothing like the pictures I showed as reference and after having my hair done twice by her, I can say, she didn't understand what I wanted. She was able to create a closer look to what I wanted on my friends hair, who has similar hair type to mine. However, this was not what my friend wanted either. My friend with thick course hair had the best updo so if that's your hair type then go with her. But because they came late there was no time to redo my hair and I'm doubtful a redo could have fixed it. In the end I look at photos people took and my hair looks ok but definitely a major disappointment.

Reviewed on 9/17/2016 Amy M

Amanda and her top notch team will forever be part of my wonderful wedding day memories! I had a large wedding party and was worried about all of us having our hair and makeup done while sticking to a tight timeline-- no problem for Amanda & Co! They made us all feel our best... Read More while also fostering a laid back and fun atmosphere. Julia did my hair and exceeded all of my expectations--- I felt more beautiful than ever and I wish that same feeling to all brides. Whenever I learn that a bride I know plans to use Hopcraft & Co, I can't help but feel extra excited for them, knowing first hand what they are in store for!

Reviewed on 7/22/2016 Kirsten U

Amanda and her team were a pleasure to work with. Before my wedding, Amanda was able to fit me into her schedule last minute for a spray tan which turned out just the way I had hoped for. The day of my wedding, her hair girls Jaycee and Julia arrived on time and listened to all... Read More of my bridesmaids and family members as to what hairstyle they wanted. All of the girls were very impressed with their hair, as was I. I would highly recommend to anyone looking for hair or makeup services to check out Amanda and her team! You will not regret it!

Reviewed on 6/09/2016

My makeup was flawless for my wedding day! Amanda nailed it! I absolutely LOVED my look and it was exactly what I imagined my wedding day make up to look like! I cannot say enough about Amanda and how great she is to work with! From trial to the day of, she's professional and... Read More fun to work with and listens and adjusts to your wants and ideas. I will definitely be using her in the future for any other 'big event' makeup needs I will have!

Reviewed on 6/07/2016 Jessica E

My husband and I were married on May 7, 2016 in beautiful Savannah, Georgia. We live in Daytona Beach, Florida so planning an out of town wedding was a little nerve racking. I had no luck finding anyone I was impressed with and available in Savannah for make-up. Luckily, my... Read More photographer also lived in Jacksonville and recommended Amanda! From first contact she was so professional, and her web-site was very impressive. Loved that she sent a quote and had a super easy online payment option. Meeting her the day of she was so sweet, on time, and her skills are worth every penny. My hair stylist bailed on me last minute, and Amanda called to confirm details the night before, and when I shared this news she even offered to do my hair for me as well. My make-up & hair were exactly what I wanted. Did an smazing job with mothers, and maitron of honor as well. Thanks Amanda!

Reviewed on 5/30/2016 Christina B

amanda was great,she was on time,made me feel comfortable and everyone complimented me on my make up,i cant say enough great things about her!!!

Reviewed on 4/25/2016 ?? Megan S

Absolutely amazing!!!!!

Reviewed on 1/10/2016 Kauri W

Amanda and her staff were amazing! I loved absolutely everything about my hair and make-up and so did my girls! She was on time and all of us looked amazing at the end of the night (12 hours later). I highly recommend her.

Not a pleasant experience...

Reviewed on 11/09/2015 ALISON V

I thought about not leaving a review at all as my experience was not a pleasant one but then I wondered how many other unhappy clients that also did not leave a review. Amanda and her assistant did arrive on time so there were no issues there. The only communication I had with... Read More Amanda was on the day she arrived and I had printed a few pictures just in case my phone was not working. My hair nor makeup was anything that I had wanted. They both looked at the pictures too quickly and assumed they knew what I had in mind. I told them that I had save more pictures on my phone and they said they didn't need to see them, they knew what to do. Mind you, if I had extra money, I would have scheduled a hair and makeup trial but seeing that I live an hour and a half from her studio and on a very tight budget, it was not very doable. I also expressed this concern with Amanda and she said that was fine and that most of her clients opt out of the trial before hand and they didn't have any issues. Big mistake. I wanted to look like me, but better. The makeup was NOT me at all. I had expressed my concerns about my makeup to Amanda and she got very quiet and it seemed like I had insulted her. My hair was not what I had asked either and it was pinned half up with so many bobby pins that I couldn't fix it. My hair looked stringy. My pictures look like I had gotten caught in the rain. They didn't even help with placement of my veil and because of all of the pins, we couldn't get the veil in and I didn't get to wear it on my wedding day. They left as quickly as they came. We were now running behind on time and I didn't even get to see my hair until she was already done and there was no time to fix it. I was so devastated. I honestly trusted the reviews that I had read. It wasn't just me. My sisters (and husband) agreed that for $255, they could have done a MUCH better job. I really wish they would have spent just a few more minutes with me discussing what I would have liked. I went ahead with my first look but I was miserable. I knew I couldn't continue on with my wedding looking this way. After our first look, my sisters and I frantically tried to fix it (no luck with the hair, it was pinned down too much) but we were able to wipe off the makeup, put on some eyeliner, fix the eyelashes and lipstick. I didn't tell my family how much I paid for their services because as they were trying to fix my makeup, they kept saying they hoped I didn't pay that much for this. I was devastated but we were able to fix the makeup and it ended up looking so much better. Unfortunately, I was unable to wear the cathedral veil that I brought. And for validation, when I met my husband down at the end of the isle, he looked at me and said "Much better.." he didn't even know we were going to fix it. Now that I had makeup fixed, my hair looks like I got caught in the rain in all of my pro pictures and there is nothing I can do to fix that. I can never redo that day over again. I would have rather had something else go wrong that day than the way I looked.

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Chelsea H

A bride’s wedding day can be hectic but when you hire Amanda Hopcraft you are getting more than a makeup artist, you are getting someone who cares about making you comfortable and calm as much as making you look your best ever. Amanda has a great sense of humor that any client... Read More would appreciate. On top of her talent as a makeup artist Amanda was similar to having another family member there to help in anyway she could, for example she helped with a last minute sewing fix with my wedding dress. I can’t say enough things about how pleased I was with my makeup and how much Amanda cares for her clients. I highly recommend her!

LOVE THEM!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Elizabeth E

I came to Amanda last minute as I had the worst encounter with another makeup/hair person for weeks prior to my wedding. Finally I started reaching out to random ppl and got her name from my wedding coordinator who she recommended. Everything happens for a reason as just the day... Read More prior they had a wedding be canceled (bride and groom parted ways) and it happened to be my same wedding day. My mom and I went to get our test-run/trial and we were already very hesitant from our past experiences with the other makeup/hair company. OMG they were amazing, like my mom and I almost cried bc we were to revealed and happy and it just got even better the day of my wedding. They are all sweet and nice and squeeze you in and have amazing quality/output too. I couldn't have asked for anything more! AMAZING!

Amazing makeup/hair artist and company!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Shaylinn E

Amanda Hopcraft and her staff were extremely professional, honest, and helpful throughout my entire wedding process, from the initial hair and makeup trial through the chaos of wedding week! They kept everything fun, relaxed, and organized on the morning of the wedding. I am so... Read More grateful to them for helping to make myself and my bridesmaids look so beautiful for my wedding day! Thank you for everything!

GREAT MAKE UP ARTIST & HAIR

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Monica

We had Amanda Hopcraft and her team come to our room @ the Omni Amelia Island and they did a great job, we loved our hair and make up! It was nice to have a great company be able to come to the room which made it easy for all of us. Thanks for being apart of my special day!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Mallory W

Amanda did an AMAZING job on my makeup for my wedding day! I couldn't of been any happier! It was flawless from the time she did it around 2pm until the night was over! Her prices are super reasonable too! I would recommend her to any bride who wants her makeup to be perfect!

Reviewed on 6/10/2015 Natalie W

Amanda & Angey did an incredible job on my hair & makeup as well as my bridesmaids' and my mother's. They were EARLY to our 5 a.m. appointment time and took my loose description of what I wanted and made it a beautiful reality! On top of all that, they were so much fun and so... Read More easy to talk to.

Amanda and her team are AMAZING

Reviewed on 3/05/2015 Michelle C

Y'all. Stop looking for a makeup artist and hire Amanda right. now. The events leading up to my wedding were a total disaster, including a botched spray tan from a fancy spa in Ponte Vedra which I will not name here. I went to my hair/makeup trial on Friday before my rehearsal.... Read More Julia, Amanda's mother-in-law and resident hair stylist, said "honey, you know Amanda does spray tans right?" As soon as Amanda walked in, I showed her my zebra, orange, terrible spray tan. She told me, we can't let you get married like that. So, on Friday night, even though she had house guests, she came to my hotel room at 10pm after my rehearsal dinner to respray me the night before my wedding. And by the next morning, it was PERFECT. And that isn't even talking about her main service--makeup and hair. My makeup was FLAWLESS. I was so worried leading up to my wedding that I wouldn't look like myself, but it was so perfect. Every single one of my girls looked perfect, too--not overdone at all. And Julia with hair--I had envisioned having my hair down and wavy on my wedding day. However, the weather had other plans, and I didn't want to end up with flat hair after being rained on. So we decided at the last minute that we would put it up in a hairstyle that I could take down after the ceremony, and wear it wavy. Without even a pinterest picture to look at, she put it up and it was exactly what I wanted. Not to mention--Amanda and Julia are so funny and personable and awesome to have around on your wedding weekend. Long story short, brides--hire Amanda. Without question. She and Julia are worth every penny!

Perfect Wedding Day

Reviewed on 1/06/2015

For our recent October wedding, we used the services of Amanda Hopcraft and her staff. They were highly recommended by the owner of the B & B we had our ceremony at and it's easy to see why. Prior to the wedding, I was able to email Amanda and let her know what we wanted and she... Read More always responded promptly and professionally and directed me to her website to see some of her work. For our wedding day, we needed hair and makeup for my small wedding party and the Amanda Hopcraft staff came to us at our venue with all their supplies which contributed to our day being stress free. The first person we met was Angie who did our hair and she was so friendly and pleasant, it was relaxing and fun to get pampered.She did the most amazing up-do's for all 3 of us and incorporated hair combs and pins we had brought with us into the styles. Both my daughters looked absolutely beautiful and I was so pleased that she listened to what we wanted and looked at the pictures we brought with us and gave us feedback on our hair styles for the day. For makeup, Amanda and her sister in law, who is also a makeup artist, came and took care of all of us, including my groom who wanted to look fresh but not over done in our pictures. I LOVED our makeup....all of us looked beautiful and natural without looking overly made up. It was such fun chatting with them and they were friendly and professional. With their help, I was able to relax and enjoy my big day and we all look amazing in our pictures. Amanda even made up 'goodie bags' for all the girls of the products she had used in case we needed touch up during the day. I have wonderful memories of my wedding day and the lovely ladies of Amanda Hopcraft makeup. I would highly recommend her and her staff for your event....money WELL spent!

Thank you for making me a pretty, pretty princess!

Reviewed on 12/09/2014 Pattie M

Amanda and her team are hands down the funnest, most talented and organized team I've ever had the pleasure of hanging out with while I got ready for my best day ever! They arrived early with all their gear in tow, and got set up in record time! Their talent was obvious and... Read More each and every one of my girls was a vision of beauty from head to toe. We used Amanda and her team for hair and makeup (they traveled to our hotel to get us ready) and even finished almost an hour and a half EARLY!!! which left us extra time for photos and other random things that we didn't think we would have time for. Amanda and her team are so friendly, they made you feel so comfortable and like BFFs. They know what will make each girl look incredible, and how to play up the features that are most flattering. I've already recommended her to two other weddings that are happening, and both have hired her because she did such an amazing job with my wedding! Book her early -- this girl is a gem. THANK YOU AMANDA!

Fairytale Wedding Hair

Reviewed on 11/15/2014 Margaux M

Went with Amanda Hopcraft and team after a hair trial appointment with another vendor was cancelled at the last minute by the vendor. Julie ended up doing my hair for the wedding and it was exactly what I had imagined my hair to look like! She easily did a beautiful half... Read More up-do with light curls for me. My hair isn't the easiest to work with, but Julie worked her magic and my hair stayed beautiful the entire day and night! Would absolutely recommend this team to any of my friends in Northeast Florida.

She made us beautiful

Reviewed on 10/16/2014 Cari H

I went for the preview session first and was quite pleased. My husband-to-be could not stop staring at my eyes. (He finally asked if the eyelashes were fake, ha! It didn't matter, he was still quite taken and I think he wants me to get some for the house.) The day of the... Read More wedding, she and her assistant showed up at my parents' house right on-time and even finished early. They were so personable and professional. Everyone looked amazing when they were done. It was a great experience and I would highly recommend her and her group.

Amazing!!!!!

Reviewed on 6/27/2014

I have worked in the event industry in St. Augustine for many years and have had my clients opt for or against having their make-up professionally done. I've always noticed that those that opted for professionally applied make-up still look radiant at the end of the night, so I... Read More knew I would need to book a make-up artist. Selecting Amanda Hopcraft and her team was an easy choice. They are true professionals - arriving on time, listening to their clients wishes, and providing services that go above and beyond! We had a large bridal party with about 6 girls doing both hair & make-up and 3 or 4 just doing hair. Amanda, Julia, and Hannah ensured that we were all complete by the time we wanted to start the "getting dressed" photos! We all looked amazing and even through the sweat of pictures (outdoor photos in Florida...in June!!) and the sweat of dancing, we still looked great! Even my mother-in-law opted to have her make-up done & was super nervous (she doesn't wear make-up at all) - but loved how Amanda took that into account and kept the look natural and lovely! Plus, having Amanda & her team in the room while we were getting ready was a delight - great conversations, laughter, and just general happiness for us!

Absolutely Amazing

Reviewed on 6/25/2014 Diana B

There are not enough words to describe how amazing Amanda and her team are. They did such and amazing job. Amanda s make-up application is flawless and lasts all day. No one compared to her skill and dedication. Thank you, Amanda, for being apart of our big day and making my... Read More girls and I absolutely beautiful.

Glowing Reviews for Amanda Hopcraft and Team!

Reviewed on 6/14/2014

I have nothing but praise and compliments for Amanda and her team! I was a little unsure as to whether I really needed to spend the money on a makeup artist for my wedding. After speaking with several other professionals in the wedding industry, they convinced me that this was... Read More definitely a must for an outdoor Spring wedding in Florida. Amanda is an absolute expert at airbrushing; not only was my skin flawless but the coverage lasted the entire day. I do not usually wear a lot of makeup but she understood how to apply it so that it still appeared soft and natural, yet made a statement in photos! Additionally, Amanda and her partner were very reliable - they arrived on time, were a blast to hang out with, and got the job done quickly. I definitely recommend Amanda Hopcraft's makeup services!

Amazing!!

Reviewed on 4/13/2014 Stacey H

Amanda and her team are amazing! I have nothing but good things to say. From the trial to the day of and everything in between. Amanda was great at responding in a timely manner and being flexible with times. I appreciated that she listened to me and made everyone look beautiful... Read More and not overdone. She was also a great listener and stress reliever on the day of! I am so glad I hired her and would definitely recommend her!