Amanda Lloyd Photography

Boudoir, Trash the Dress

Seattle, WA

disappointed

Reviewed on 12/22/2014 Diana

I had really high hopes for our wedding photos - particularly after our engagement session where we had photos taken with a variety of backgrounds and with a variety of poses. When the wedding day came it was a different story. We ended up with photos of us in only 2 locations, and the only pose was standing next to one another. There was no variety in our wedding photos and when I suggested we move to a different location I was told no. I also did not get all the pictures on my list (including one of me with my parents). The way she flew through photos and missed things made it seem we were running out of time, but she kept telling us we were way ahead of schedule. I expressed my disappointment to Amanda and she was kind enough to offer another "wedding" session - but I would feel absolutely ridiculous getting dressed up again for a photo shoot in my wedding dress on what wouldn't be my wedding day. There were also some excuses I found odd - such as there being no photos of us the hour before the wedding because there were signs on the door asking the guests to stay out of the building we were in (I can't imagine a photographer believing these signs apply to them, but she apparently did). The pictures that we do have are mostly nice - but they are all the same. It's been three months since our wedding and I still have no pressing desire to print and frame any of them because they just don't thrill me. I realize this is an unusual review as the rest are so exceptional. Perhaps ending up with a wedding date the day before her brother's wedding worked against me and she was more focused on that wedding - I really don't know. If you hire her I encourage you to have someone on hand to be your voice for you and have a copy of the shots you want...and get more specific with your shot list than just WHO you want in the shots, but what poses you want, and that you don't just want 30 shots of you standing next to your husband, because trust me, you're going to get real tired of looking at that same pose over, and over, and over...

The absolute BEST wedding photographers!!!

Reviewed on 11/21/2014 Angela T

Amanda and Steven are the most amazing wedding photographers I have ever worked with!!! They are the kindest, sweetest and most talented couple in this business. My husband and I have never really been excited about having our pictures taken, but after our engagement photo session with Amanda, our minds were blown with how easy and FUN it was to have our pictures taken. Amanda and Steven are so talented and made us feel so comfortable, while capturing the most precious moments of our life so far. The photos they produced are absolutely priceless and we have received so many compliments on them. We are so blessed to have had them as our wedding photographers, and will definitely be recommending them to all of our friends and family!

Book with Amanda now! She books up fast!

Reviewed on 11/07/2014 SADIE K

Amanda is such an amazing photographer! If you are not used to having your photograph taken, she makes the process so relaxed, fun and has fabulous direction. We booked Amanda's 8 hour wedding day package which happens to include complimentary engagement photos. This is a great opportunity to get to know Amanda and loosen up and nerves you may have with getting ready for your big day. Pictures were really important to me, if there's one thing I wanted to wisely spend money on for our wedding, it was to find a fantastic photographer. Amanda has such great style of not having only classic poses you may have seen from older relative's wedding albums. But rather, Amanda is able to capture candid and detail photos to really tell a story of your special day. I can't say enough good things about Amanda, from her professionalism to her attention to detail. I would highly recommend Amanda to ANY couple who is getting married and looking for amazing photos to have for many years to come.

Wedding Photography

Reviewed on 11/03/2014 j h

We were extremely happy working with Amanda Lloyd Photography! Amanda is very sweet and easy to work with. We aren't very creative or comfortable in front of the camera but Amanda helped us the entire time and made us feel comfortable. We had so much fun and the photographs turned out amazing!!

The best around

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Amanda K

Amanda is an amazing photographer and her team is just as amazing! My husband and I have never felt so comfortable in front of the camera. She made it so easy. We got married on September 6 and it was also her husband/2nd shooters birthday. Amanda had no problem with doing our wedding and made us feel as though they wouldn't have missed it. She is so sweet and I believe she is part of what made our day so perfect, we just recieved our wedding gallery and I was blown away by the memories and moments captured that I had forgotten. I would highly, highly recommend her services for any couples getting married, I promise you will not be disappointed and do it fast before someone else gets her. -Amanda Lemley

BEST Photographer EVER!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Jaime M

Amanda Lloyd Photography is by far the best photographer I have ever seen! She not only is extremely talented but she is also very professional and personable! She really knows how to capture the special moments in the best way possible. If you choose her as your photographer I promise you would Not be dissapointed. Not only did my husband and I enjoy having Amanda Lloyd photography as our photographer but both of our families did as well.

Amanda is the best!

Reviewed on 10/12/2014 Melissa B

When I started researching wedding photographers, I was immediately discouraged because of sticker shock. Some photographers' starting fees were exorbitant (i.e. minimum fee of $5,000-6,000) so I immediately excluded them. I had met a wealth of vendors at different events in the area as well, but none of them "felt right" for my wedding. I started refining my online search and came across Amanda's website. I emailed her to inquire and got a response the same day. I knew right away that she was the right photographer for us and her fees are very reasonable. We hired her before we even met in person because I was so sure she was the right fit for us and we absolutely were right. We had a blast with Amanda during our engagement shoot and we could not be happier with the results. And, the photographs for our wedding were more beautiful than we could have imagined. In fact, I have pointed so many people to Amanda's blog on her website showing our wedding pictures and the reaction is always the same... that our wedding and pictures are the most beautiful that they've ever seen. I must say as well that I am really self conscious because I've gained quite a bit of weight in the past year. I have despised getting pictures of me taken and I often avoid pictures at any cost. I had told Amanda this prior to our engagement session and her reaction was wonderful. She totally empathized with me and assured me that the pictures would be beautiful. And, she was right. She photographed me in a way that was flattering and made me feel beautiful. I am proud to share our pictures... quite a difference from the girl who politely declined getting pictures taken before. Amanda is wonderful and is extremely talented. We are so happy that she was part of our special day and could not be more thrilled with the end result. Amanda is a gem!

Hire Amanda now before someone snaps her up!

Reviewed on 10/08/2014 Aimee I

When I say hire Amanda before anyone else does, I mean it. Just days after we chose her to be our photographer she informed us she had two additional requests for our same wedding day. Amanda was everything I could have ever wanted in a wedding photographer and best of all I can honestly say I've made a new friend! We looked at over a dozen portfolios and sent as many emails but even before meeting Amanda we knew she was going to be our photographer. She was absolutely fantastic every step of the way and blew our expectations totally out of the water. Everyone at our wedding was raving about Amanda and the praise only increased after we got our pictures back. On our wedding day working with Amanda was a breeze and she made sure to get every single shot we wanted, plus about a million more. Her eye for detail and perfect lighting is absolutely unmatched! I could not have asked for anything more from a wedding photographer. She set the bar so high and still managed to exceed it and absolutely ROCKED our wedding. I am so happy we went with Amanda, definitely the best vendor and person we worked with!

Best. Photographer. Ever.

Reviewed on 10/07/2014 Dee Dee P

From the moment I saw Amanda's work, I knew that I had to have her photograph our TreeHouse Point wedding! No one else would do. I was even prepared to schedule my wedding date around her schedule to make sure that happened! But, in true "Amanda-style" that was not necessary as she is incredibly accommodating! Amanda is a remarkably talented photographer and her gorgeous, impeccable work speaks for itself. My wedding photos are absolutely stunning! Every one of the 400 or so that are in my gallery! There is NOTHING that she missed. She captured it all. Every. Single. Detail. And she captured it all so beautifully! Now here's the real kicker...she's also an AMAZINGLY beautiful person inside and out! Amanda has such a sweet spirit and brings such great energy to your event. She has a way about her that makes you feel at home in her presence. As I was looking through our gallery, I recalled conversations that we were having with Amanda at various points along the way, and of her kicking off her shoes and darting across the river on rocks to get that perfect angle. She truly goes above and beyond to make your day perfect. And I mean, above and beyond photography. She was WAY more than a photographer to me. We had never met in person prior to my wedding day (destination wedding), but I felt like I'd known her my whole life! She was a godsend to me as I planned my destination wedding. I leaned heavily on her for her opinion on everything from vendor choices to ceremony location to wedding decor (it was her styled shoot at TreeHouse Point [featured in Seattle Bride magazine, April 2014] that inspired me to have my wedding there). She graciously offered her help and never complained (and her opinion did not disappoint!). You know that friend you have that you just know will always have your back? That is Amanda for her brides! Oh and did I mention that she turned around our 'sneak peak' the SAME DAY of our wedding and had our wedding up on her blog within 48 hours?! This woman is truly amazing! I wholeheartedly recommend her! It will be the best wedding decision that you make (next to the hubby!).

AMAZING!!

Reviewed on 10/02/2014 Jessica T

Picking the right photographer for our wedding was really important to us, our wedding photos were what we were going to have after the wedding to look through and be able to relive that special day. I really wanted someone that could capture every little detail and moment of our day. Amanda truly went above and beyond our expectations for that. She is amazing at what she does and all of our family and friends cannot stop raving about how beautifully all of the pictures turned out. She really went out of her way to make sure that we got all the shots that we wanted on our day and helped with the scheduling of the day to make sure all of the photos were done in a timely manner. Not only is she an amazing photographer but she is so fun to be around. As soon as I met her I felt so comfortable around her like we had been friends forever. She worked around our schedules to make our engagement pictures happen by a certain time and was always there to make sure things were perfect for us. I cannot say enough amazing things about her and her talent!

I love our wedding photos!

Reviewed on 9/23/2014 Gina C

After scouring the internet for wedding photographers and looking at tons of photographer blogs, Amanda was one of 3 photographers that we interviewed for our July 2014 wedding. I knew from looking at her blog, that she is an amazing photographer. After meeting Amanda, you will realize you should hire her to photograph your wedding not only because the photographs that she delivers are amazing, but because she is such a genuinely nice person, has an outstanding work ethic, and is just such a pleasure to work with from the first day you meet. It is so apparent that Amanda loves what she does, is amazing at what she does, and is passionate about each and every wedding (and engagement session) she photographs. What else is there to love about Amanda Lloyd Photography? Plenty! She provides resources for timeline planning and is happy to be involved in the timeline planning. She also uses a great questionnaire so you can figure out and specify all of your photography expectations and relay what is really important to you on your wedding day. She also delivers sneak peek photographs within a day or so (we even got a few shots uploaded after midnight the day of the wedding!) to tide you over until your gallery is delivered. Her photo gallery delivery system is pretty slick, too. And I know she has things backed up multiple times, so no worry about losing your images if a computer goes belly up. We were very deliberate and diligent in selecting our wedding vendors, and as a result we were able to enjoy the planning process and the wedding day with no worries. Amanda Lloyd Photography was a huge part of that positive experience. When you evaluate the cost, quality, and customer service provided by Amanda Lloyd Photography there just isn't any other choice, in my opinion. If you're lucky, she's not already booked for your wedding date!

Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 9/22/2014

Where do I start…. I love the "little" photos that most people don't think about.. The invitation, garter, shoes, etc. Those are what make the wedding feel more personal and I love that she captures that. Her creativity with backdrops and scenery is amazing. My daughter's wedding was in the same venue that my husband and I married in 28 years ago also in the small town that I grew up in. Being familiar with the area I was amazed at her ideas that she came up with when it came to shooting the bride and groom as well as the bridal party. Amanda gets in and gets the job done yet it shows that she enjoys what she is doing. We are blessed to have had her capture our daughter's wedding.

The NW Best Wedding Photographer

Reviewed on 9/22/2014 Cassidy R

There are not enough words or characters to truly describe how great Amanda Lloyd is! Not only were we floored by her professionalism, humor, and kindness - so were all of our family and friends. We are still hearing comments on how great she was! Our photos were as good if not better than we could have ever hoped for. You get much more then just a photographer when you hire Amanda, she helped us throughout the wedding planning process!! If there were a 10 Star option she would get it. We can't say enough great things about her and our pictures! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts! Brian & Cassidy

Extremely Pleased.

Reviewed on 9/21/2014

As soon as my husband and I met with Amanda, we knew she was our wedding photographer. She was thorough, personal, and very comfortable to work with. As a nervous bride, I was in contact with her often about my many ideas. She never missed an email, and always offered a helpful solution. She shot our engagement photos, and our session was so much fun. Our photos are amazing, and truly show our excitement of getting married. When our wedding day arrived, I was never hesitant that Amanda would capture every important moment. Our wedding photos are gorgeous, and I cannot wait to display them all over our house. Amanda is so talented and friendly. We love our wedding and engagement photos. She truly made our wedding day so much smoother. I would recommend Amanda to anyone who needs an incredible photographer. She makes everything comfortable and fun. And she truly takes care of the people she works with. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Amanda. Our wedding photos were our first priority, and we made the best decision.

Styled Elopement

Reviewed on 9/20/2014 Amanda B

I got recommended to Amanda Lloyd by a girlfriend who previously used her for her wedding, and I am so grateful Amanda was introduced into our lives. I came to Amanda with a vision. I wanted to do a styled elopement. Lief and I eloped at Mt Hood Bed and Breakfast September 3, 2014. I styled our elopement to have personal touches and it was very important to me to have a photographer who was able to capture intimate moments and details throughout our day; especially since we had no guests. Amanda does an amazing job through her photography with lighting and capturing your unique personality. Pictures last a lifetime and weather it’s your wedding or a maternity shoot it only happens once. I would recommend Amanda to anyone who is particular of what they want and has any fears of having a photographer capturing your special day. She is truly talented. She listened to my needs and through her photography made my styled elopement come true!

Amanda is fantastic!

Reviewed on 8/18/2014 Tiffany B

Amanda Lloyd was a great w3edding photographer! Very professional and also very kind, so you feel comfortable taking photos with her. Her wedding package included a 2nd shooter at the wedding so they could get different angles at any moment.

very nice

Reviewed on 7/23/2014 marlo m

I contacted Amanda Lloyd today to see if she was available for my wedding date and maybe less than 10 minutes later she contacted me to let me know she was already booked. Although I was sad she wasn't available I really appreciate and respect how quickly she contacted me and how she also offered me references to photographer who are available. It definitely speaks to her customer service and professionalism!

Talented Photographer

Reviewed on 6/24/2014 Natalie F

Amanda was an amazing photographer and totally nailed my wedding! She captured the most precious moments of our wedding that we had no idea were going on until looking at the pictures! She photographed my wedding in May with a complimentary engagement session. She was professional when it came to handling the business side of things, and creative when it came to the photography side of things! She really because personable with me and my husband the first time we met her and she really captured our style, relationship, and personalities! Her work is amazing, and I would totally recommend her to anyone lookibng for a talented, professional, and fun photographer!

Absolutely Amazing!

Reviewed on 11/12/2013 Ashley S

One of the best decisions we made for our wedding was choosing Amanda Lloyd Photography! She was absolutely the best! I had been eyeing her page for a few months before we talked with her. I had looked at lots of other photographers in the meantime. A wedding coordinator told me one of the most important things is that you get along with your photographer; they will be in your face all day taking your photos. We knew when we met with Amanda, that she was right for us! Amanda was beyond easy and fun to work with! We are so glad we choose her to be our photographer! She had never met or worked with our videographer before and they seemed to get along great and they work off each other’s ideas. We would highly recommend Amanda for anyone looking for that perfect wedding photographer! Our pictures are so amazing, we couldn’t have asked for anything more!

Awesome!

Reviewed on 10/11/2013 MELISSA W

Our photos were amaing and photographer was awesome!

11/06/2014 Response from Amanda, the member

This is a spam review. I did not shoot this person's wedding!

LOOK NO FURTHER - BEST PHOTOGRAPHER EVA!

Reviewed on 10/03/2013 Gabrielle G

Best decisions I made during my wedding, marrying my amazing husband and having Amanda photograph our wedding. She was born to be a wedding photographer, a true talent. People could not stop raving about her and photographs from the wedding and our engagement photos. I felt comfortable with Amanda right off the bat and we absolutely loved working with her. She was always willing to help and went above and beyond to make our day special. I am recommending Amanda to everyone I know. She became a friend to me and someone i plan to keep in touch with. I don't write a lot of reviews but i would have given Amanda 10 stars if i could. If you want an amazing, funny, kind and talented person to photographer your wedding, pick Amanda!

BEST wedding decision I made (besides my husband of course ;))

Reviewed on 10/02/2013 Michelle C

Amanda Lloyd is absolutely incredible. Not only is she the best photographer I have ever worked with; this coming from someone that has done extensive acting and modeling, but she is the MOST helpful, caring, and kind person you could ever imagine working with on your wedding day. She is SO much more than a photographer! Amanda went WAAYYYY above and beyond to help me with vendors, wedding day timeline, planning engagements, gathering details about my husband and I, my family..... The list goes on. Just the moral support she provided me before, during, and after our wedding, was absolutely invaluable. I went into our wedding day absolutely gushing that she was the best vendor I hired and I could not wait for her to arrive. Amanda never disappoints; the second she arrived at my wedding, she made sure everything went smoothly. She stood by me and helped me through many wedding day issues we had and I honestly don't know what I would have done without her. My husband agreed; Amanda could not have done a better job taking care of us throughout our wedding. She is the sweetest person; definitely someone you want on your team for your wedding. Her pictures speak for themselves..... Best photographer I have ever worked with; she is so extremely talented. I could not be happier with our engagements and our wedding photos. There is no way in the world she could have done a better job with our pictures. I am so grateful we had Amanda on our wedding day; not only because we have the most amazing pictures from our day, but also because her personality, advice, and help was so very appreciated. She would have been an incredible photographer if she had just done the photography, but the additional effort she put into our wedding... She absolutely went above and beyond. My husband and I could not be happier, nor more grateful to Amanda. I will forever go to Amanda for all of my photography, and we cannot wait to work with her again... Holiday family pictures anyone?! :) We absolutely give her our highest recommendation! Hire her for your wedding now, you will be so so grateful!!!!

Way MORE than a photographer!

Reviewed on 10/02/2013 Ariel Y

My husband and I were married on September 1st, and Amanda Lloyd was UNBELIEVABLE. Seriously, nothing short of a rockstar! Not only is she super talented, but she was so helpful with getting everyone and everything in order, especially those boys! haha. Even my husband kept going on and on about how incredible she was. It is so important to feel a connection with your photographer, afterall, they will be capturing your day and all of these precious memories. From the moment I found her website, I was sure that she was going to be the perfect fit for us! Amanda Lloyd is so much more than a photographer - she is definitely a friend you want with you when you are getting ready for your big day! Stunning images! Fun personality! Excellent service and quick with communication! Top notch!

If I could give Amanda 10 stars I would!!!!

Reviewed on 10/01/2013 Jana R

I can't say enough good things about Amanda. She is simply the best! *Her pictures are awesome *She makes you feel really comfortable while getting your pictures taken *She's very organized (she even has you fill a form out with all the names of individuals you want pictures taken of) *She's super fast at getting your photos up (the next day you get a sneak peek, your blog post is up a week later and the rest of your photos are ready shortly after that) *She's very prompt on getting back to you if you have any questions or concerns *She really personalizes her whole experience with you on her blog!

Amanda is Amazing!!!

Reviewed on 9/18/2013 tara w

I met with Amanda after lots of research and meeting with other photographers and immediately knew she was "the one"! Amanda is so sweet and down to earth, really listens to you to understand your vision, and takes absolutely breathtaking photographs. She was always there for us quickly responding to answer any question that we had and helped with organizing the wedding day timeline. She is organized, professional, and yet like having another friend to lean on during the craziness of wedding planning. Hiring her was one of the best decisions we made during this wedding planning process. Thank you so much Amanda, your an amazing photographer and a beautiful person we are so honored you photographed our wedding!

Send Email