Amanda McGinnis, Hair Stylist & Makeup Artist

I specialize in wedding day hair and makeup, at the salon or on the road! Ive been doing hair for 10 years and have recently opened my own salon! We do an average of 20 weddings a year, as well as our daily cuts and colors! Ive recently been a bride so I understand! Come in and visit us!

Beauty Group Bookings, Hair Stylists, Makeup Artists, Nails, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Waxing, Beauty

108 South Main St. , Horseheads, NY (607) 438-0219

Outdoor summer wedding

Reviewed on 8/31/2012 Caitlin S

I got married on keuka lake in August. I have long hair, but it can get really frizzy in humidity. I was really really nervous about making sure my hair wouldn't get frizzy and all my little baby hairs would be kept out of the way. In may i had a hair trial with Amanda, and she... Read More put together my hairstyle from about 4 different photos i brought. It was beautiful; it had a braid, twists, curls, and a flower. It was exactly what iwas looking for. All of the other girls just told them what they were thinking of getting and they made it happen. My cousin who is getting married in October said what she got done was exactly how she wanted it for her wedding. We had Amanda and Terry come to our house on Keuka Lake to do our hair. It was only a few extra dollars a person to have them come to us instead of having to go to the salon. Everyone absolutely loved their hair. They made sure that every little piece of hair was in place, for not only my hair but the entire wedding party and the moms. They were extremely efficient. We had 8 people get their hair done within 2 1/2 hours. My hair was sprayed with the most amazing stuff so it would withstand frizz, wind, and dancing. It never moved and it was exactly how I wanted it! I actually slept with it in and other than having a wilted flower it looked exactly the same as it did the night before! I can't recommend them enough!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Shelby L

Summer Waterfall Wedding I was a Bridesmaid in my Best Friends Wedding, it was an outdoor Wedding next to the Falls in Watkins. Naturally we went to Amanda's New Salon because if you want the Best, you go to the Best. You could bring her a terrible picture of what you'd like... Read More done with your hair and when she's finished if phenomenal! Amanda had a big Bridal Party of 7! AND even a Groomswoman. She had us in and out ON TIME looking great! and didn't even sweat one bullet. Our hair held up perfectly all day even being outside in the heat and near a Waterfall... She's amazing at what she does and truly has a passion for it. It shows through everyone who walks in her Salon and leaves, not only looking like a million bucks but feeling like it too. I recommend her anyone who is looking for something as simple as a trim, or even a major change such as a cut and color. If you don't go see Amanda your missing out on a great experience! I know I've already said it but she's AMAZING! (And that's an understatement) Go see for yourself!

Best wedding hair stylist in the Finger Lakes! And

Reviewed on 8/28/2012 Jaime K

I found Amanda through one of these wedding websites, though I don't remember which one. The review page had a picture of some hairstyles she did and one in particular stuck out to me as really beautiful and close to what I was imagining for my wedding. I was going for a... Read More renaissance look - something very feminine and romantic with a lot of braids and twists but that didn't look too stiff and uptight. Amanda produced EXACTLY what I looking for. We had a pre-wedding consultation during which she patiently tried different things with me, making little tweaks based on my comments, and together we came up with something unique that was not only beautiful in and of itself, but also framed my face, highlighting what I liked, and covering what I didn't. The day of my wedding she came to the site with a colleague of hers to do my hair and my bridesmaids. Not only did they do a GREAT job with everyone's hair, but they were so sweet and enjoyable to be around. They were also very patient with me as I wasn't really ready to have my hair done when they got there. Amanda herself is just a doll. Perky, sweet, and just a general pleasure to work with. I HIGHLY recommend her to anyone looking for a hair stylist in the Finger Lakes area!

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Tina C

I got married in Watkins Glen on October 1. Alissa did my hair and make up at the wedding and Jamee and Alissa did hair and make up for my 3 bridesmaids, 2 mothers, and an aunt. I could not have been more thrilled with the job that Alissa and Jamee did. First and most important,... Read More Alissa made me look and feel beautiful. They were they were punctual, organized, and efficient. Both were very personable and definitely helped bring calm to a very crazy, unorganized morning. I had my hair and make up trial with Alissa and I knew right away that I was in good hands. I have super curly/frizzy long hair and came in with vague ideas about curls that dangle in the back and unsure of whether I wanted my hair half up and half down or all up. I googled for pictures as she was doing my hair. My ideas about my make up were not much more clear - I told her that I wanted to look subtly glamorous. Alissa listened to my unorganized and vague ideas and created exactly what I wanted. It was like she could read my mind and understand what I wanted better than I could. The day before the wedding Alissa blew out my hair and Laurie did my nails (also did an amazing job!). Alissa is so funny and warm and an absolute pleasure to be around. If I had to do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing. I would recommend Alissa to any bride.

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Allison V

I've had Amanda do my hair for a couple of weddings I've been a part of in the past, but this time it was for my own! I could not have imagined having anyone else give me the perfect look that I was going for on such a special day. She is incredibly talented and very kind.

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Samantha V

I highly recommend Amanda and her staff at Platinum Salon! My wedding was on Keuka Lake and it was no problem for her to come to the hotel I was staying at. I had 5 bridesmaids and myself that all had hair and makeup done and everyone walked away happy. If you want to look... Read More stunning on your wedding day, hire Amanda!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Elaine N

Alissa, Jamee and Sasha did hair and makeup for my bridal party. We had a total of nine ladies, and despite the large party, they did a great job and even finished early! Our hair and make up lasted all day. The reception was outdoors at Geneva on the Lake on a beautiful, sunny... Read More 85 degree August day and our hair and make up looked as great at midnight as it did at 2 pm for the ceremony (my hair even stood up through a convertible ride to and from the church!). I had my hair and make up trial with Alissa. She asked questions to understand exactly what I was looking for and made great suggestions. She even did a trial run of two different hairstyles so I had a backup plan for rain. They arrived on time, did our hair and make up on site in Geneva, and gave me great advice in advance of the wedding to help hair and make up run smoothly with my bridal party. Everyone was very pleased with the outcome. I give five stars for both professionalism and for their talent!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Shelby L

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Karen R

In a nutshell: amazing. I planned my destination wedding in Ithaca, NY and these ladies could not have done a better job. The team arrived promptly and did our hair and makeup in a friendly and professional manner. They really listened to what we wanted, and they easily... Read More accommodated special requests. Go with Platinum Salon. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Maranda V

I would recommend Platinum Salon to any bride! Amanda and Kelli are very talented stylists. Plus, my makeup lasted all day and through many tears. The process of scheduling a hair/makeup trial was easy. On our wedding day, they traveled to our destination for a reasonable... Read More price.

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Autumn R

Amanda and her team are great. I had several appointments in her shop prior to my wedding. I always left happy after every appointment. During my trials Amanda showed me several options for my wedding day and did so good I had a hard time deciding which one to go with. On my... Read More wedding day they showed up on time and they were very professional. They worked on 7 of my bridesmaids and my mother who were all very happy with the results. Amanda did my hair and makeup and I loved the way I looked. These girls do amazing work and cater to you in every way. They are polite and fun and they made the morning perfect for us. I would highly recommend Amanda to anyone looking for that perfect wedding day hair/makeup.

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Miranda C

Amanda McGinnis, owner and stylist of Platinum Salon has been my number ONE choice for wedding hair since day one when my husband got down on one knee. I wanted to take the time and give a true review on my experience with Amanda. I got married at Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel in... Read More July of 2016. Amanda came right to our venue and did such an amazing job. She is a Professional Stylist giving customers what they truly want and made my wedding day EXTRA special. Any person who's looking for a stylist, I would recommend Amanda McGinnis at Platinum Salon!

Reviewed on 7/24/2016 Katie S

Amanda did an amazing job on my hair and makeup for my wedding, as well as for my bridesmaids! She really listened to what I had envisioned and made sure I felt my best! My hair and makeup lasted all day and my bridesmaids all looked so amazing. Amanda was easy to work with and... Read More I highly recommend her and her team for your wedding day to make you all look stunning!!

Reviewed on 7/08/2016

Laurie Griffin is professional and on point. The nail boss. The salon is beautiful and all the ladies are so polite. Best salon in the area!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Ginger P

As SOON as I got engaged I made sure to make an appointment with Amanda for my wedding day. I'm pretty sure I booked her before my caterer or even my photographer! She's one of the most sought after stylists in the area and arguably the best at wedding hair. She went above and... Read More beyond for me and completely captured the look I was going for. I was a little bit nervous because I wanted extensions for my wedding day but Amanda went out of her way to find ones that perfectly matched my hair and secured them in so well and discretely you couldn't even tell they were extensions! My hair looked natural and most importantly stayed in the whole day/night. I also had Amanda do my makeup and was just as impressed! I'll leave it at this...my husband didn't cry when my daughter was born but he definitely shed a few tears when I walked down that aisle ;)

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Hannah P

Amanda did my hair and makeup for my September wedding. She did an amazing job! I have a lot of hair - but she was able to tame it all and made sure every piece stayed in place. My makeup was gorgeous too. She did a great job listening to what I wanted while still suggesting... Read More what she knew would work and look good. I had a hair & makeup trial in July and was nervous she wouldn't be able to recreate the look from that day since she didn't take any pictures to refer to. However, I had a few and showed them to her to jog her memory and it was recreated beautifully. There was also a mixup with the timing of my appointment, turns out a receptionist wrote down the wrong time. Finding this out a few days before the wedding was NOT fun, especially when the schedule for our transportation from salon to venue had been planned based on the timing of this appointment. We were flexible though and came in earlier to accommodate the salon's schedule. Everything worked out for the best, just a few hiccups that would stress out any bride!

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Kathryn C

I couldn't be happier with the outcome of hair and makeup for my July wedding. Amanda and her girls were incredibly talented and professional. She was very responsive and flexible. This was incredibly reassuring as a bride planning a wedding from out of state. My hair and... Read More makeup looked better than I could imagine! My bridesmaids were also thrilled with the outcome of their looks as well. I should also mention that the salon itself is absolutely stunning. It was a great atmosphere to relax and enjoy time with my bridesmaids.

Reviewed on 10/16/2015

I was a bride on 10/10/15. It was just myself and a flower girl. Amanda traveled to my hotel for just the two of us. Her salon gives the option to come in salon or her & the staff will come to you! Earlier in September I had a trial done for hair & makeup, which was gorgeous &... Read More Amanda duplicated it to perfection on my special day.I would highly recommend Amanda & Platinum Salon for any future brides & bridal parties. My experience was a definite 10!

Reviewed on 10/04/2015

Amanda came to the wedding venue with all of her supplies and went right to work. I had no idea what I wanted to do with my hair or makeup but Amanda was extremely helpful and patient, asking questions and looking at the style of my dress to determine what would look best. I've... Read More always worn my hair down for special events, but knew it would not be a good idea with the weather forecast. Amanda went to work and created an amazing low up-do that was simply stunning! I received several compliments throughout the event and not a strand fell out of place despite my running around on maid of honor duties the entire evening! She also made my face appear flawless without the feeling or look of heavy make up. She made me feel beautiful in such a short amount of time. Amanda is truly talented and a dream to work with! With her skill and personality I recommend her to everyone and will choose her for any of my future events!

Reviewed on 9/22/2015

I have to confess that as the mother of the bride I had very high expectations for my daughter's wedding, I wanted my little girl's day to be perfect. I was also beyond stressed out on the big day. Amanda did hair and makeup for my daughter, myself, and the maid of honor and the... Read More results were beyond amazing! She helped me choose a great hairstyle when I felt so frazzled, and I found some peace & calm while she worked on me, in an otherwise chaotic day. My daughter looked absolutely breathtaking, and was so happy with the great job Amanda did for all of us! She is very talented, super nice and a joy to work with, and I love that she did unique looks for all of us to suit our varied age and styles. Our hair and makeup looked beautiful, and we got so many compliments. I highly recommend Amanda McGinnis for your hair and makeup on any special occasion, you'll be so glad you did!! -Anne MacInerney -very picky mother of the bride :)

Reviewed on 9/21/2015 Alexandra C

Amanda and her girls did hair and makeup for my group of 12 on my wedding day and I couldn't have made a better choice! They had us in and out in the exact time frame she estimated for us. Everyone looked AMAZING!! I showed Amanda 3 or 4 pictures of hairstyles that I liked and... Read More she did an awesome job of capturing pieces from each while creating a totally unique hairstyle for me! My makeup was flawless and lasted ALL NIGHT! All of the girls are super sweet, and the salon is cute & comfortable - perfect for a relaxing morning with your bridal party! I HIGHLY recommend Amanda and her girls - thank you so much for making me look awesome on my wedding day!! :)

Reviewed on 9/19/2015 Tiffany G

I was the Maid of Honor in my best friend's wedding in August 2015. I was very happy with the hairstyle that Amanda created for me! She is always very personable and her work is amazing. Her prices are also great!

Reviewed on 9/13/2015

I got married on August 22nd 2015 and Amanda did my hair. The day of my wedding I went to Amanda's shop at 1030 am with my maid of honor and had our hair done. My ceremony was at 4 in the afternoon and our hair lasted till late in the night. Amanda did an amazing job on our hair... Read More and I would recommend her to anyone. I left her shop extremely happy with my hair :)

Reviewed on 8/22/2015

I was married in Montour Falls NY of June of 2015! Amanda was my first choice when I found out I was getting married! she is absolute amazing, dependable, and will make sure you look amazing and feel as comfortable as you can be on the big day! Amanda and her team handled my... Read More very large wedding party of 7 people and two flower girls with ease. They were able to get every ones hair and make up done with out a problem, and we were out the door on time! which if you have ever been a bride you know is very difficult to do! I would recommend Amanda to any one who is getting married, you wont be disappointed!

Reviewed on 7/14/2015 Amber B

They are by far the best salon! We recently had our wedding done by Alissa at Platinum salon and we could not have asked for anything better. It was perfect. If you're getting married around the Finger Lakes region you MUST have Amanda or Alissa doing your hair!