Amanda McGinnis, Hair Stylist & Makeup Artist

My team and I specialize in wedding day hair and makeup, at the salon or on the road! We've won "best of" by the knot 5 times as well as the "hall of fame award". Ive been doing hair for 10 years and have recently opened my own salon! We do an average of 40 weddings a year, as well as our daily cuts and colors! Ive recently been a bride so I understand! Let our team help you on your big day, sit back and relax, let us handle the hair and makeup!

Beauty Group Bookings, Hair Stylists, Makeup Artists, Nails, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Waxing, Beauty

108 South Main St. , Horseheads, NY Finger Lakes reign, Horseheads, Corning, Elmira (607) 438-0219

Outdoor summer wedding

Reviewed on 8/31/2012 Caitlin S

I got married on keuka lake in August. I have long hair, but it can get really frizzy in humidity. I was really really nervous about making sure my hair wouldn't get frizzy and all my little baby hairs would be kept out of the way. In may i had a hair trial with Amanda, and she... Read More put together my hairstyle from about 4 different photos i brought. It was beautiful; it had a braid, twists, curls, and a flower. It was exactly what iwas looking for. All of the other girls just told them what they were thinking of getting and they made it happen. My cousin who is getting married in October said what she got done was exactly how she wanted it for her wedding. We had Amanda and Terry come to our house on Keuka Lake to do our hair. It was only a few extra dollars a person to have them come to us instead of having to go to the salon. Everyone absolutely loved their hair. They made sure that every little piece of hair was in place, for not only my hair but the entire wedding party and the moms. They were extremely efficient. We had 8 people get their hair done within 2 1/2 hours. My hair was sprayed with the most amazing stuff so it would withstand frizz, wind, and dancing. It never moved and it was exactly how I wanted it! I actually slept with it in and other than having a wilted flower it looked exactly the same as it did the night before! I can't recommend them enough!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Shelby L

Summer Waterfall Wedding I was a Bridesmaid in my Best Friends Wedding, it was an outdoor Wedding next to the Falls in Watkins. Naturally we went to Amanda's New Salon because if you want the Best, you go to the Best. You could bring her a terrible picture of what you'd like... Read More done with your hair and when she's finished if phenomenal! Amanda had a big Bridal Party of 7! AND even a Groomswoman. She had us in and out ON TIME looking great! and didn't even sweat one bullet. Our hair held up perfectly all day even being outside in the heat and near a Waterfall... She's amazing at what she does and truly has a passion for it. It shows through everyone who walks in her Salon and leaves, not only looking like a million bucks but feeling like it too. I recommend her anyone who is looking for something as simple as a trim, or even a major change such as a cut and color. If you don't go see Amanda your missing out on a great experience! I know I've already said it but she's AMAZING! (And that's an understatement) Go see for yourself!

Best wedding hair stylist in the Finger Lakes! And

Reviewed on 8/28/2012 Jaime K

I found Amanda through one of these wedding websites, though I don't remember which one. The review page had a picture of some hairstyles she did and one in particular stuck out to me as really beautiful and close to what I was imagining for my wedding. I was going for a... Read More renaissance look - something very feminine and romantic with a lot of braids and twists but that didn't look too stiff and uptight. Amanda produced EXACTLY what I looking for. We had a pre-wedding consultation during which she patiently tried different things with me, making little tweaks based on my comments, and together we came up with something unique that was not only beautiful in and of itself, but also framed my face, highlighting what I liked, and covering what I didn't. The day of my wedding she came to the site with a colleague of hers to do my hair and my bridesmaids. Not only did they do a GREAT job with everyone's hair, but they were so sweet and enjoyable to be around. They were also very patient with me as I wasn't really ready to have my hair done when they got there. Amanda herself is just a doll. Perky, sweet, and just a general pleasure to work with. I HIGHLY recommend her to anyone looking for a hair stylist in the Finger Lakes area!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Kelsie S

Amanda and her team never dissapoint, and my wedding day was no exception. In total, there were 12 of us that got our hair and makeup done. The results were amazing and they were able to work their magic in record time. Leading up to the wedding, Amanda was very helpful and easy... Read More to communicate with. She was also flexible when it came time to schedule my hair trial. On the big day, everyone's hair and makeup g up nicely and lasted throughout the hot July weather. Several guests commented on how well the hair and makeup done by Amanda, Kelli, and Brooke turned out. I am so glad that I chose Amanda and Platinum Salon!

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Katie S

I had the pleasure of working with Brooke for my hair and makeup and she was amazing. From the trial to the actual day she listened to what I was looking for and worked to accommodate my wishes. She helped calm the worries of other getting their hair and make up done and did a... Read More fabulous job of making our day run smoothly and effectively. The only thing I could say is that is you have a large wedding party make sure to be explicit about the number of services and time line earlier than later so they can plan accordingly. Our timeline worked perfectly with our number of services and they were even ahead of schedule and able to accommodate another girl the day of. They we're willing to travel to our location and I appreciate being able to work with her for a trial before hand. All in all they are a great group to work with and I highly recommend them for your even.

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Danielle K

Platinum Salon was absolutely perfect for my wedding (and my best friends)! We both booked Planium for our weddings and I could not be happier with the results as both a bride and a bridesmaid. Brooke did my hair and makeup for my wedding and it came out exactly as I had... Read More pictured it and how we planned it during the trial run. They came on site and were very clean and professional. Brooke was very accommodating when I wanted to change my hairstyle slightly and it came out perfect. My bridesmaids and I looked absolutely wonderful and I would highly recommend Planium to everyone!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017

I booked Amanda for my 9/9/17 wedding at the barn I'm Addison, NY. She did myself as well as 4 of my bridesmaids and my mother's hair and make up and did a phenomenal job!!! And what a joy to have her with us, she also did a few of my very close friends so I low I had nothing... Read More has to worry about.

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Audriana M

I've been going to Alissa for over six years, so it wasn't even a question on whether anyone else would do my hair and makeup for my wedding day. But, she still exceeded my expectations. My hair was exactly how I imagined it, my makeup lasted through the entire night, and I felt... Read More radiant for this special moment in my life. Not to mention, she made the entire process so easy by setting up appointments in advance to ensure my hair color was perfect and that my trial was complete. On the day of the wedding, the staff let us have free rein of the side room which helped my bridal part and I relax, eat, and enjoy each other's company. Amanda and Kelli also did an incredible job on the hair and makeup for my bridal party! Hands down - this is the place to go if you want to feel beautiful on your wedding day.

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Kristin H

I booked Amanda's salon for my 7/23/16 Belhurst Castle wedding, and I am so thankful that I did! I had three of her staff come to do hair and makeup for myself and my 4 bridesmaids. There was a bit of a miscommunication about where we were getting ready, so we started behind... Read More schedule, but with the extra stylist everyone was done perfectly on time. My hair is very fine and does not hold a curl, and the girls made sure that not a strand was out of place. Would highly recommend if you need a stylist(s) to come to you for your big day. Thank you, Amanda and team!

Reviewed on 10/01/2017 Paula C

Platinum Salon did an AMAZING job at my wedding! I have thin hair and an oily skin complexion, so I was nervous about my wedding hair and makeup lasting all day long (10am-11pm), but Brooke put me at ease and did an incredible job!! I loved the way my hair & makeup looked all... Read More day long! They were extremely helpful in ensuring that each bridesmaid looked how she envisioned! I was so happy with the quality of their work and their professionalism!!

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Emily W

Amanda did a phenomenal job. Everyone at the wedding was raving about my hair and makeup, even after hours of dancing my hair was still in place and my makeup looked flawless. Also very accommodating, one of my bridesmaids originally didn't schedule makeup because she planned on... Read More doing her own. The day of she asked if they could do her makeup and they squeezed her in. I highly recommend Amanda and Platinum Salon!

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Megan M

Kelli & Brooke did an amazing job on hair and makeup for my bridal party last month! They traveled an hour away to meet us and managed to get 11 women wedding ready ahead of schedule! Everyone looked and felt beautiful and our hair and makeup lasted throughout the night despite... Read More hours of dancing! Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 8/09/2017 Madelyn G

Amanda is wonderful! She and her partner are so professional and courteous. My hair looked perfect and lasted all night. All nine of my bridesmaids had their hair done as well and some their makeup and everyone was happy!

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Tina C

I got married in Watkins Glen on October 1. Alissa did my hair and make up at the wedding and Jamee and Alissa did hair and make up for my 3 bridesmaids, 2 mothers, and an aunt. I could not have been more thrilled with the job that Alissa and Jamee did. First and most important,... Read More Alissa made me look and feel beautiful. They were they were punctual, organized, and efficient. Both were very personable and definitely helped bring calm to a very crazy, unorganized morning. I had my hair and make up trial with Alissa and I knew right away that I was in good hands. I have super curly/frizzy long hair and came in with vague ideas about curls that dangle in the back and unsure of whether I wanted my hair half up and half down or all up. I googled for pictures as she was doing my hair. My ideas about my make up were not much more clear - I told her that I wanted to look subtly glamorous. Alissa listened to my unorganized and vague ideas and created exactly what I wanted. It was like she could read my mind and understand what I wanted better than I could. The day before the wedding Alissa blew out my hair and Laurie did my nails (also did an amazing job!). Alissa is so funny and warm and an absolute pleasure to be around. If I had to do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing. I would recommend Alissa to any bride.

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Allison V

I've had Amanda do my hair for a couple of weddings I've been a part of in the past, but this time it was for my own! I could not have imagined having anyone else give me the perfect look that I was going for on such a special day. She is incredibly talented and very kind.

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Samantha V

I highly recommend Amanda and her staff at Platinum Salon! My wedding was on Keuka Lake and it was no problem for her to come to the hotel I was staying at. I had 5 bridesmaids and myself that all had hair and makeup done and everyone walked away happy. If you want to look... Read More stunning on your wedding day, hire Amanda!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Elaine N

Alissa, Jamee and Sasha did hair and makeup for my bridal party. We had a total of nine ladies, and despite the large party, they did a great job and even finished early! Our hair and make up lasted all day. The reception was outdoors at Geneva on the Lake on a beautiful, sunny... Read More 85 degree August day and our hair and make up looked as great at midnight as it did at 2 pm for the ceremony (my hair even stood up through a convertible ride to and from the church!). I had my hair and make up trial with Alissa. She asked questions to understand exactly what I was looking for and made great suggestions. She even did a trial run of two different hairstyles so I had a backup plan for rain. They arrived on time, did our hair and make up on site in Geneva, and gave me great advice in advance of the wedding to help hair and make up run smoothly with my bridal party. Everyone was very pleased with the outcome. I give five stars for both professionalism and for their talent!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Shelby L

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Karen R

In a nutshell: amazing. I planned my destination wedding in Ithaca, NY and these ladies could not have done a better job. The team arrived promptly and did our hair and makeup in a friendly and professional manner. They really listened to what we wanted, and they easily... Read More accommodated special requests. Go with Platinum Salon. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Maranda V

I would recommend Platinum Salon to any bride! Amanda and Kelli are very talented stylists. Plus, my makeup lasted all day and through many tears. The process of scheduling a hair/makeup trial was easy. On our wedding day, they traveled to our destination for a reasonable... Read More price.

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Autumn R

Amanda and her team are great. I had several appointments in her shop prior to my wedding. I always left happy after every appointment. During my trials Amanda showed me several options for my wedding day and did so good I had a hard time deciding which one to go with. On my... Read More wedding day they showed up on time and they were very professional. They worked on 7 of my bridesmaids and my mother who were all very happy with the results. Amanda did my hair and makeup and I loved the way I looked. These girls do amazing work and cater to you in every way. They are polite and fun and they made the morning perfect for us. I would highly recommend Amanda to anyone looking for that perfect wedding day hair/makeup.

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Miranda C

Amanda McGinnis, owner and stylist of Platinum Salon has been my number ONE choice for wedding hair since day one when my husband got down on one knee. I wanted to take the time and give a true review on my experience with Amanda. I got married at Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel in... Read More July of 2016. Amanda came right to our venue and did such an amazing job. She is a Professional Stylist giving customers what they truly want and made my wedding day EXTRA special. Any person who's looking for a stylist, I would recommend Amanda McGinnis at Platinum Salon!

Reviewed on 7/24/2016 Katie S

Amanda did an amazing job on my hair and makeup for my wedding, as well as for my bridesmaids! She really listened to what I had envisioned and made sure I felt my best! My hair and makeup lasted all day and my bridesmaids all looked so amazing. Amanda was easy to work with and... Read More I highly recommend her and her team for your wedding day to make you all look stunning!!

Reviewed on 7/08/2016

Laurie Griffin is professional and on point. The nail boss. The salon is beautiful and all the ladies are so polite. Best salon in the area!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Ginger P

As SOON as I got engaged I made sure to make an appointment with Amanda for my wedding day. I'm pretty sure I booked her before my caterer or even my photographer! She's one of the most sought after stylists in the area and arguably the best at wedding hair. She went above and... Read More beyond for me and completely captured the look I was going for. I was a little bit nervous because I wanted extensions for my wedding day but Amanda went out of her way to find ones that perfectly matched my hair and secured them in so well and discretely you couldn't even tell they were extensions! My hair looked natural and most importantly stayed in the whole day/night. I also had Amanda do my makeup and was just as impressed! I'll leave it at this...my husband didn't cry when my daughter was born but he definitely shed a few tears when I walked down that aisle ;)

Amanda McGinnis

As owner of Platinum Salon, I will be helping coordinate your day! After wining 5 years in a row "Best of" and adding the "Hall of Fame" from the Knot, we have perfected wedding day hair and makeup. Being a stylist specializing in the bridal industry for 11 years, I had decided to open my own shop 3 years ago. Leave all the stress of hair and makeup to us and let us pamper you and your bridal party! Congratulations!