Making BRIDES feel BEAUTIFUL is our Business!

Go beyond the status quo and experience the most intimate bridal salon in Maryland. Our expert bridal consultants are here to guide you every step of the way. You won't find a more caring owner or staff of bridal consultants anywhere! When you schedule your appointment, we will have a fitting room prepared just for you. We request that all brides make an appointment in order to receive the unique experience that defines Amanda Ritchey Bridal & Beauty. Did you know about our sister location BUXOM BRIDAL? We now have an entire location dedicated to the needs of our curvier, voluptuous, Buxom brides, mothers and bridesmaids! Here you will find bridal sizing 16 and up. We are so excited to be able to offer such a beautiful selection of Plus Size gowns for our amazing customers.

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Shower + Party Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Alterations, Bridal Stylists, Custom Designs, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Group Discounts, Online Ordering, Plus Size Available, Private Appointments Available, Rentals

1905 East Joppa Road, Baltimore, MD (410) 661-5470
PINTEREST

Getting THE dress!

Reviewed on 3/31/2014 Andi V

The women who work here are incredible. They only picked out dresses for me to look at that were in my budget. They also listened to the types of dresses that I wanted to try on.. and even suggested shapes/styles that I hadn't thought. I saw the dress I ended up buying at other... Read More shops, but came back and purchased here because of the fabulous staff.

Best store around Baltimore!

Reviewed on 11/19/2013 Karri L

I cannot say enough good things about Amanda Ritchey Bridal! The very first store I went to when starting my wedding dress hunt was the Fallston store. The store was awesome and made my family and I feel very comfortable. They helped me try a dress in every possible style to... Read More figure out what I liked and didn’t like. They had samples in many different sizes so I could really see what the dresses would look like on me, not just hold up a size 6 and use my imagination. At my first appointment, there was one dress that stuck with me. All the girls at the store swore I’d be back to buy it, and after trying 9 different stores from NoVa to York, Pa and probably 60 dresses… they were right! I should have listened to them the first time. I tried dresses on at the Parkville store and had the same great experience as with the Fallston store. I was very happy to work directly with Amanda many times. She is great and had tons of helpful advice.

Yes to the dress!

Reviewed on 8/05/2013 Ogechi N

I found this bridal boutique while shopping of my dress online. the girls here were very helpful the first day that we came in and I found the perfect dress same day!

Reviewed on 3/28/2017 Diane W

If you want to have tuxedos misfitting at your wedding then this is the place for you. We were promised the tuxedos on tuesday which didnt happen and didnt receive one of them until less then 24 hours before the wedding. Unfortunately the tuxedo was way to small. It was like 2... Read More sizes to small. There was no time to correct this problem. Amanda said as a consumer that it was our fault. She said they have no control as to when the tuxedos get shipped to their store. Then dont tell a bride that you will have them on tuesday if thats not true. Their customer service sucks. They have no problem taking your money and not delivering the product when promised. I would think twice before doing business with them. Amanda Richey does not stand behind her products

Reviewed on 3/18/2017 Patti B

I can't put into words the wonderful experience I had at Amanda Ritchey this week. After spending the morning at two other bridal shops in the morning, I felt sad that I was having a hard time finding what I was looking for (which wasn't even that difficult- I just didn't want... Read More strapless or my back completely bare and open). As soon as we walked into Amanda Ritchey, the whole experience of the day changed. It was exactly what I imagined a bridal salon experience would be! Megan sat down with me and asked me about my day and what I liked and didn't like about all the dresses I had tried on today. She immediately pulled several dresses and took me into a really large changing room with mirrors (the first place I'd been to that had mirrors in their room so I could finally see myself before walking out!) Every dress Megan pulled out was even better than the last one she pulled out. Finally! I felt like I was going to start having trouble picking one dress because she gave me so many wonderful options. I found my perfect dress at Amanda Ritchey and am so appreciative of the experience Megan provided me. I haven't stopped looking my pictures of my dress and owe Amanda Ritchey Bridal Salon a huge thank you!!!

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Layne M

We used the Amanda Ritchey located in Fallston, MD for our groomsmen attire. When we first went in to look at options we dealt with an extremely nice woman that helped us pick colors and fit. We wanted SLIM fit, modern looking suits for our groomsmen. When we finally went to... Read More pick up the suits, 5 out of the 6 suits we rented had a piece that didn't fit correctly, and the pants were anything but slim. When I asked the girl at the front desk why they looked this way, she said "you need to pull them up much higher than normal" which we tried, but that did nothing to change the fit around the lower leg and ankle. This girl at the front desk was also extremely rude to some of the groomsmen. For example, my brother's pants, shirt and jacket did not fit when we went to pick up the suit. When we asked to get bigger sizes, she went into the dressing room, checked the fit and said "well, did you gain weight?!" I was really taken aback by how blunt and rude she was. And with only 3 days until our wedding, which is when the suits came in for pick up, we had no other option but to go with suits that were not flattering and were not the look we were going for. . We just received our wedding photos and looking at all the groomsmen suits, I really think it's laughable how these are described as "slim fit" suits.

Reviewed on 11/09/2016 Rebecca K

Amanda Ritchey is amazing to work with! I was lucky enough to have her helping me throughout my whole wedding process and she's just wonderful! She helped me find the perfect dress, bridesmaids dresses, mother of the bride dress and a dress for my aunt. Oh, and we rented all of... Read More the groom/groomsmen attire from her as well! I will say that alterations at Amanda Ritchey are a bit pricey. You also have to take the seamstress with a grain of salt. She is older and set in her ways, very adamant about what can/can't be done to dresses. But if you keep pushing, she'll usually end up being able to do what you want. You just have to tell her what you want and stick to it.

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Allie K

I had a wonderful experience at Amanda Ritchey! I had shopped around a bit so I knew what I was looking for, so when I went in for my appointment Megan worked with me and really listened to what I wanted. She didn't push any styles on me and was extremely calm and professional... Read More throughout the whole process. I had a *bit* of nerves when trying on the dress after alterations, and they arranged for me to visit the seamstress right away for advice and to explain what to wear under the dress to make it sit on me just right. I loved my dress and got soooo many compliments on my wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Rebecca T

I was very dissapointef with how my dress was fitted by the shops seamstress. She would only respond via text never returned phone calls and if you didn't text her you would never know when your dress was ready. I felt like my dress was still big when I picked it up but Ann... Read More assured me that's the proper fit. She was wrong it looked awful in my photos showing bunching and gaping in the bust area. When texted her with concern she had no care at all. I got a fit to flare and when I would pull it up to adjust it the band which was spossed to fit snug on the hip came up on my butt which is not how it should fit and the 47 dollars I had to pay for cups did not do anything since the dress was big. I'm highly disappointed Ann did not take more time to properly fit my dress to where it fit like a glove along with letting me know when my dress was ready. As ladies we dream of this day and want to look amazing and all this money spent on the dress and alterations was very disappointing to see my worst fear in reflection of the photos. I knew when I had my final fitting two days before it wasn't taken serious and shown care, just covered with excuses that changed from the first fitting to the last when I expressed what I hoped she would fix with me addressing what I saw. Such a shame.

2016-10-11T12:19:37 Response from the vendor

Good Afternoon, I am so disheartened to read your review. I would love the opportunity to speak with you however I don't know your name. Please know I take all criticism in a constructive manner. I appreciate it if you would share a bit more... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Dalia A

I got my wedding dress from Amanda Ritchey and I loved it. They have a great selection of gowns and the staff is really friendly. Amanda was so easy to work with and helped me to find a gown that stayed within my budget. I also did my alterations here and found that they were... Read More very affordable compared to what I've heard other bridal salons charge. I definitely recommend going here to look for your dress!!

Reviewed on 8/20/2016 Kirsten O

Amanda Ritchey Bridal is amazing!! I just bought my dress from their Baltimore location today off the rack at their summer clearance sale and even off the rack it's in perfect condition, they take really good care of their dresses and are so helpful toward their brides! I had... Read More Rachel helping me and she was phenomenal. There are a ton of options from so many different lines and every one of them is gorgeous! I would highly recommend this boutique to anyone who wants to find the perfect dress for the right price!

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Tina D

My dress was the easiest decision (after the proposal). I went to the Fallston location, after having a bad experience with another local boutique, and I could not have been happier. I was helped by Amanda (store employee), and she was amazing! Two things particularly impressed.... Read More First was that she never had to ask my dress size. I was a size 14 at the time, and I was worried about feeling fat in everything, since that was ,y first experience. Amanda was able to guess my size very accurately and I felt beautiful in everything I tried on. The second major kudos was that after I told her my budget, so subtly asked my mom about the flexibility in budget. She asked that we only saw things within our price point and if I didn't like anything, then we could look outside it. She was very respectful of that--I ended up with a gorgeous dress a mere $50 over budget. She allowed me to come back several times to try on my dress once it arrived (as I was losing weight) and was also so helpful. She even noticed I had lost weight without me even telling her. Amanda Ritchey herself is also wonderful. She was always involved when she was at the shop when I was. She even insisted on going over dress care and caring it out to my car the day I picked up. Truly a fantastic local business to support--and that will support you back!

Reviewed on 3/25/2016 Kristin F

What an amazing experience. I went to the Joppa Rd location first to try on my first ever dress and was SO nervous. However my consultant Heather made me feel completely comfortable and amazing in each dress. After listening to my thoughts on dresses she went straight to the... Read More rack and picked out my dream dress. It made all of us cry. I left that day wanting to check out some more options at big name stores and I couldn't stop dreaming of that dress. Several weeks later I returned to re-try the dress but found out they had moved it to their Belair Rd location. Totally apologetic that they didn't have my dress, I was practically escorted to the other location by Amanda Ritchey herself. She then ran my entire appointment and helped me finally say yes to the dress!!! I absolutely love this store and cant wait for my dress to arrive. These locations and the ladies that work there make you feel so welcome, excited, and wonderful in each dress. I highly recommend Amanda Ritchey Bridal to anyone in the Baltimore area!

Reviewed on 2/08/2016 Kathie L

What a great day! Megan was extremely helpful and listened to everything I was looking for. She was very knowledgeable and made me feel comfortable the whole time! I cannot wait to go back and get my dress fitted. Huge selection and reasonable prices. Thank you again!!! Xoxo... Read More Kathie

Reviewed on 10/17/2015 Amy W

I had a good experience going here for my first time trying on dresses (Fallston). I ended up finding my dress on the first trip but did not buy it on that day. Amanda was the consultant who helped me and picked this dress out for me to try after getting to know what I liked,... Read More She did not pressure me in to buying it that day since I was still unsure. I ended up coming back to buy the dress and got my alterations there as well. I did not need much done to the dress but was very happy with it. Ann was very flexible and easy to work with. I loved my dress and got a lot of compliments, it was a great price too! I would definitely recommend this shop.

Reviewed on 9/18/2015 Michelle G

We styled our entire wedding party through Amanda Ritchey Bridal! From the moment we walked in to the Fallston store, Katherine made us feel like we were meeting up with an old friend! She was such a pleasure to work with. I don’t want to take anything away from the rest of the... Read More staff, because each of them were just as awesome! We had our alternations done at the Parkville store with Nancy who is an AMAZING seamstress. My gown has very intricate lace detail at the bottom, but you couldn’t even tell it was altered! All of the staff at the Parkville store were just as wonderful and helpful as the Fallston staff. It’s very evident everyone really enjoys their job. VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! I also had Amanda Ritchey do the girls’ make up. There were 9 of us total and every one of us looked fabulous! No one looked unnatural! Amanda is such a joy to work with. She made me feel very relaxed on my wedding day. I cannot thank Amanda enough for everything!

Reviewed on 6/01/2015 Ashley W

After several recommendations, I went both of Amanda's shops. I was helped by the manager of the Fallston store (whose name escapes me) and Amanda herself at the Parkville store. Both of them were very helpful, honest and respectful of my budget. They listened to what I wanted,... Read More but also made suggestions. As it turned out, we all fell in love with a dress I never would have seen myself in! My family is out of state, but wanted to be there when I was choosing a dress so we were able to get our second appointment on a Sunday, which was most helpful. They offer a wide variety of wedding dresses and the service was far better than the chain stores I had visited. I had already picked out bridesmaids dresses elsewhere, but they do carry them as well.

Amanda Ritchey - where you buy pretty things and add on a complimentary side of unprofessionalism!

Reviewed on 1/28/2015

I was bridesmaid in a wedding and had to get my dress from Amanda Ritchey. Due to living so far away, I got measured by a seamstress, gave Amanda Ritchey my measurements, and then we went back on forth on the phone about sizing. They kept pushing for the larger size whereas I... Read More kept pushing for the smaller size because I looked up the sizing guide for the dress online and I fell within that smaller size. After 10 minutes on the phone with the salesperson at Amanda Ritchey, I said to order whatever size because I realized she wasn't going to back down, but I didn't sign any contract since I ordered the dress over the phone. Fast forward a bit and my dress came in and it was HUGE. I then call Amanda Ritchey to talk to someone twice and each time they said they'd leave a message for a manager, but a manager never called me. At that point I was reaching near 90 days with my credit card company and Amanda Ritchey was ignoring me, so I disputed half of the charge (to cover altering), which got their attention a lot better than those phone calls they kept ignoring. Rather than Amanda Ritchey contacting me directly, she decided to contact the bride and make the bride think I simply disputed the charge because I couldn't afford the dress - not because they ordered me a tent of a dress and then decided to ignore my phone calls. I intentionally left the bride out of the loop because I didn't want to add stress, but Amanda Ritchey had no issues stressing the bride out because she wanted the money for half of the dress. Amanda Ritchey herself was extremely nice to the bride, but condescending and nasty to me as well as other bridesmaids. I confronted Amanda Ritchey about the fact that she decided to disclose my financial information with another customer (the bride) and how that is extremely unprofessional and illegal and her response was that she had no choice because I didn't sign a contract and I was trying to "steal" the dress. She then proceeded to tell me I was a thief and insulted the way I was raised. Several other people in the bridal party also had issues with their dresses like them being too small or too big and some of them even had stains on them when the girls received them. Moral of the story, if everything goes smoothly for you at Amanda Ritchey, you might actually have a good experience. However, due to the incompetence level at Amanda Ritchey, I don't really see that happening.

Great

Reviewed on 1/22/2015 Nada E

Awsome and beautiful

A perfect fit!

Reviewed on 12/05/2014 Melanie T

I bought my dress from the Fallston shop. My first visit , Sam helped me. She greeted me and listened carefully to what I liked and did not like. Based on what I said, she selected several dresses that she thought I would like. The very first dress I tried, was exactly what I... Read More envisioned and ended up purchasing. She did a great job listening to me. After alterations and having a flower added, I loved the dress even more. So many guests told me that my dress was beautiful and one of the most beautiful they have ever seen. I believe them, because it was. Thank you Sam and Amanda Ritchey Bridal!

More than Gorgeous Gowns!

Reviewed on 11/15/2014 Karen S

Amanda Ritchey Bridal is more than gorgeous gowns! Not only did I get my beautiful Allure Couture gown there, but we also got our hair/makeup service and tuxedo rentals there. Our wedding was a year ago and I am still hearing compliments on my wedding hair and makeup! Above all,... Read More the service was top-notch throughout the whole process and interactions with Amanda and her staff. Highly, highly recommend Amanda Ritchey Bridal!

Rude and Unprofessional

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Erin O

Ann (seamstress) was very rude and did an awful job with my dress that was supposed to be "so easy to alter." She couldn't get any alterations right and blamed ME for the problems. Amanda was initially not very willing to help and then eventually offered to help because it got... Read More so bad. My dress wouldn't even zip three days beforehand (even though it initially started off way too big). Also, one day when I went to pick up something from the store, my slip that was supposed to be altered wasn't even in the store. Ann completely forgot to alter it or tell me. I made a trip there for nothing and nobody seemed to care except the one younger girl working in the store that day. There was very little professionalism with the mistakes. On another occasion, the wrong layer of part of my dress was altered. And on yet another alteration, a seem was completely ripped open! I will say that Amanda will work with you to get a dress in your price range. That was really nice of her. If you do buy a dress here, do not use Ann. Initially I was very thrilled with the store and recommended it so multiple people. But after the way all of my mistakes were handled, I would not.

Alterations Nightmare!

Reviewed on 6/19/2014 Erika T

Beware of alterations with Amanda Ritchey's seamstress Anne!!! I had an absolute nightmare working with their recommended seamstress. I met with Anne 8 weeks before I needed my alterations finished and she assured me it would be finished on time. She told me that she would call... Read More me when she was ready for me to return for a fitting. A week before I needed the dress finished I called her multiple times and left multiple messages and she did not return my calls. I called the bridal salon who told me she was out of town and could not tell me when she would return. I finally got in contact with her AFTER the date that I told her I wanted my dress finished. She did not seem to care that she had been out of contact and missed my finish date. I got the dress from her after paying over $200 for alternations of the hem and side seam. I took the dress home with me to a different state where I was getting married to have the dress fixed by another seamstress since Anne DID NOT FINISH! My new seamstress told me she had only taken in the bust (not the waist and hips where the dress was still a good 3 inches too big!). I had to pay and extra $200 to rush these final alterations after I had paid Anne for alterations she did not finish. I contacted the owner who did not do anything to fix this horrendous experience!

Brides Please Go Here

Reviewed on 6/15/2014 maErika S

I went to Elegant Touch on Sat and the customer service was not their. When I left and went to Amanda bridal store I didn't have an appointment and she treated me as if I did. Amanda and her team were so patient and she help me find my wedding dress. She brought me dresses and... Read More she must know what she is doing because my first dress I tried on was the one. Amanda was very personal. She got on her knees help me with my gown on and off. Help me walk and even got a mirror so I can see how I looked from the back. The little things matter when your shopping for a dress. Amanda made me feel so special like I was her only customer. The prices for the gowns are reasonable. She tries her hardest to keep you in your budget. Also she is not pushy at all. Of course people want you to buy from their store. Honestly if I didn't I don't think I would have gotten treated any different.I would recommend this shop for a bridal gown or in general.

Amanda Ritchey's

Reviewed on 12/22/2013 Kristin E

Amanda Ritchey's was the second stop of the day when i went dress shopping. We had hopefully tried David's Bridal first but the selection and service left much to be desired there. Amanda Ritchey's was a completely different experience. The dresses were of much better quality... Read More (and much higher price!) and the environment was much quieter and private. We were fortunate enough to be the only ones there that day so we had the run of the place. I was placed in several dresses but wasn't completely sold on anything in particular. The sales team then suggested we try the other Amanda Ritchey's location, which held different stock. We made the half hour trek (it was 5pm on a Friday-they were only open till 6) and met with Amanda and her staff at the Fallston location. They were just as helpful as the first location and offered opinions if they could see that i was unsure about something (something David's Bridal wasn't always keen on). I was able to stand on a pedestal so we could actually see the dresses (David's had them removed) and the girls were quick to pull out bedazzled belts to jazz things up. You might spend a little more here but the dress that you're getting is so much better made than what i found elsewhere.

Amanda Ritchey

Amanda began her career as a bridal makeup artist. She quickly realized she had a passion for fashion and the ability to find the natural beauty in everyone. That unique ability was her driving force to open her two bridal salons. Amanda Ritchey Bridal & Beauty as well as her new BUXOM BRIDAL salon that caters to the needs of the full figured bride and her party! Amanda Ritchey is known for excellent customer service and the caring culture she has created with her wonderful staff.