Ambiance Studios by Scott and Cathy Erickson

West Bend, Milwaukee; serving all of Wisconsin and worldwide

Capturing the love & romance of your wedding day

Photography & Video, Husband & wife team, 25 yrs experience. Specialize in Weddings, engagements, lifestyle events, master lighting techniques, hand crafted Italian fine art books. Gift w/purchase with signed contract; free consultations by appointment. Energizing & creative; define it as a contemporary style; Photojournalist with a High End & Fashion attitude. You will LOVE your images & album! Your wedding photographs will be “Elegant” with Dynamic lighting & composition … rich beautiful colors, individual dramatic cropping to give each image the attention it deserves. Your personality will shine through. Your images will make an artistic statement, distinctive & filled with honest emotion. Photojournalist style combined with relaxed formals; showing the love & affection from your day.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Online Proofing, Photo, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Wedding Albums, Photo + Video

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100

2350 E Sandy Acre Rd, West Bend, WI West Bend, Milwaukee; serving all of Wisconsin and worldwide (262) 338-0922

Reviewed on 10/19/2015

Scott and Cathy are the most genuine couple that are the best in there business in my opinion. They will be there for you during the whole process. Helping you out with whatever they can do for you. Very professional, caring, friendly, and most importantly fit in like family... Read More with everyone. There attention to detail, "out of the box" ideas, and team work is like nothing we have ever come across! They will definitely give you all there attention, listen to what YOU want and give you the most stunning pictures and photo album you will ever come across! You will not be disappointed! You definitely get what you pay for with them! I can't speak highly enough on how personable and professional they are. I would highly recommend them to anyone that is looking to get there special day captured! If your not sold yet reading these reviews, please take the time and set up an appointment with them. After you get to know them, talk for a little bit and look at there AMAZING work (pictures, albums, canvas's, prints and so on) I'm willing to bet you'll be hoping there not booked for your event!!

2015-10-20T10:57:29 Response from the vendor

Aww THANK YOU so much! Scott and I were honored to be a part of your special day. Your wedding was amazing; everything was so beautiful and elegant. We had so much fun getting to know all your family and friends. We feel we have... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Stephanie L

We are so pleased with our entire experience with Ambiance Studios. We have had the pleasure of working with Cathy and Scott over the last year during our planning process, and it’s been truly wonderful. One thing that I loved about them when we first met was their relaxing,... Read More easy nature. Because of their many years of experience, they have seen it all and know how to defuse any situation. They were such an asset in our planning process, and on our wedding day. They help you organize your schedule and timing of your day, but are always willing to accommodate what you want. Not every wedding vendor does this, so it’s refreshing. When you think about how much time of your wedding day you spend with your photographers, it’s really important that you enjoy being around them. Cathy and Scott are genuine people who really care that your day goes well. Now let’s talk about the photos. Our photos came back, and are truly amazing. We got them about a month after the wedding, just like they had promised. And we got to look through all 1500 of them. The photos are truly works of art. It is really quite an experience to see yourself in “magazine worthy” photos; something that you can’t relate to until you see your own pictures. One of the reasons we found Cathy & Scott is because we are an interracial couple. We looked through lots of photographers on The Knot, and found they are one of the few that had this experience. We had a somewhat dark indoor venue, and wanted to make sure our photos would be properly lit for both of us. They did not disappoint. Scott brings a big bag of different cameras and different types of lighting to make sure each photo is a composed work of art. I remember texting my mom as soon as I started going through the photo gallery, “best money I’ve ever spent.” I really mean it. Ten years from now, everyone will have forgotten the food, but we’ll have these pictures forever. I cannot recommend them enough. (June 2017 Wedding)

2017-08-22T16:22:59 Response from the vendor

Aww thank you so much; we were honored to be a part of your special day. Everything was so elegant; starting with your beautiful wedding gown. You looked stunning. We wish you so much happiness always. <3 xoxo, Cathy and Scott Erickson, Ambiance Studios

Reviewed on 12/10/2016 Melissa D

My Husband Antonio and I were immediately drawn to Cathy and Scotts booth at the wedding show at the Wisconsin Expo Center. I was captivated by the beauty of their work, it was breathtaking! We started looking at all their work and viewing their books they had put together.... Read More While we were looking at their books Cathy and Scott came to talk to us. I initially was very overwhelmed just being at the wedding show as we had just started planning and had a lot of decisions to make. Cathy and Scott were both warm and welcoming! They never made us feel pressured and were truly trying to get to know us. They told us about themselves and what they had to offer and gave us their information because we had requested it. They told us the importance of looking around at other photographers work and prices. That in itself made us want to do business with them because they had our best interest at heart. We decided to continue looking around the rest of the wedding show since this was our first booth we stopped at. There was no other photographer that was able to capture the magic of a wedding day like Cathy and Scott. The photos we saw from Cathy and Scott were able to tell the couples story, to show the love they had for each other and to capture the true emotion of the day. After Antonio and I discussed our options we decided to book Cathy and Scott while still at the wedding show, praying they still had our wedding date available. Antonio and I were ready to schedule our engagement shoot even though we have busy schedules Cathy and Scott were very flexible and were very timely with their responses! We had an absolute blast during our engagement shoot, it felt like we had known Cathy and Scott for a lifetime! Our pictures were beautiful and we could not wait to see what our wedding photos would end up looking like!! As the wedding day grew near they helped us work on a timeline that help calm our nerves! On our wedding day Cathy and Scott were there for us 100%, they never left our side! Cathy even had a sweet little chat with me before I walked down the aisle, and it really meant a lot to me!! They made sure we got all of our photos we wanted, made sure we went where we wanted to go for photos and made sure we took some moments to ourselves. Our night time photo shoot was very special to us as well. It gave Antonio and I few more special moments together that we're able to look back on and always cherish. Antonio and I just got our photos back, Cathy and Scott ABSOLUTELY exceeded our expectations!! We were blown away by the beauty of their work!! They 100% captured every detail of our happily ever after!!! I will 100% recommend them hands down to anyone that I can!! They are 100% worth it and you will not be disappointed! Thank you both so very much for everything!! You are both incredible, you do BEAUTIFUL work and you are AMAZING to work with!! We love you guys!!

2016-12-21T11:26:31 Response from the vendor

Aww thank you so much Melissa and Antonio. We were honored to photograph your special memories. We LOVE you guys and were honored to be a part of your special day! We feel like we gained life long friends; and look forward to future lifetime... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 2/06/2018 Tara D

I can’t say enough about how amazing our photos turned out. Cathy and Scott care about you and your wedding as if they were part of your family. We have recommended them to everyone we know and they are AMAZING. We are the least artistic people in the world and had no idea what... Read More we wanted and they made everything absolutely perfect!

Reviewed on 2/03/2018 Michelle Z

We couldn't have picked better photographers to capture our special day! Cathy & Scott were so amazing. They both are so friendly and you can tell they really cared about how our pictures would look. They worked hard to make sure we had all the photo shots we wanted, and all of... Read More our pictures turned out beautifully! We cannot thank them enough!

Reviewed on 12/15/2017 Alyssa G

Scott and Cathy were great to work with and have done an amazing job on our wedding pictures. When we first met with them they took the time to get to know us and find out exactly what we wanted. We loved that they also helped us create a timeline of the wedding day, so we knew... Read More exactly what to expect from them throughout the day. My husband and I don’t feel fully comfortable in front of a camera. However, Scott and Cathy gave us the perfect amount of direction and made the process really enjoyable. Our guests loved the selfie station that they provided. It was awesome that it sent the pictures right to their phones. We briefly saw some of the pictures from our night shoot, the drone shoot, and the cigar smoking shoot and they looked amazing. The pictures we’ve seen so far are beautiful and we cannot wait to see the rest of them. We would definitely recommend Scott and Cathy!

Reviewed on 12/05/2017 jake i

I just wanted to write a little review about ambiance studios. My wife and I got married in 2015, and at that time I really didn't understand what having a good photographer was really about. After seeing all my friends get married that past couple years and seeing all different... Read More photographers , I can really tell you Scott and Cathy are truly amazing. Our pictures turned out better than any of our friends weddings, But really where these two shine is they keep you on schedule, They know what shots to take getting ready, wedding , church, reception, etc. You will never have to say to your wife, or husband where is the photographer. They will be capturing the moment near you or somewhere in the room with there great equipment. So when your looking for a photographer for your wedding Scott and Cathy are who you want there. Remember you will never have to say where is the photographer with these two! This review is long over due, but I finally realized Scott and Cathy my our day one to remember!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Michelle S

Scott and Cathy are the most caring, sincere people to work with. They go above and beyond to make your special day flow and to capture every part of your day! Anytime you have a question they respond right away. They take extra time with you to make sure you are receiving what... Read More you would want in your photography package. I highly recommend working with them and will keep them in mind for future events!

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Kerri F

Scott and Kathy were the best! They captured some of the best moments! Moments I never even saw!! We did a first look and we were both soo nervous but Kathy & Scott helped us relax and take some great pictures. They work so well together id recommend them to anyone & everyone... Read More for their big day!!

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Carrie D

Scott and Cathy really made our memories special from out wedding. They are so creative and honestly they felt not like our friends than just photographers. I was shocked at some of the pictures I didn't even see them there. Best decision we made was choosing Ambience... Read More studios.

Reviewed on 10/11/2017

Scott and Cathy captured our wedding day with all their beautiful pictures. We really appreciated how Scott and Cathy helped us with planning the detail leading up to the wedding day. The had many suggestions that helped our day go smoothly. And the day could not have went... Read More smoother. Thank you Scott and Cathy, we LOVE our wedding pictures.

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Rebecca L

Scott and Cathy were amazing from the moment we met them at a bridal show. They took the time to talk to us and get to know us, which made us feel comfortable right away. They are very quick to respond to any and all questions that we had. As our wedding day approached, Scott... Read More and Cathy went over a timeline with us and discussed all the pictures we would be taking which made us less nervous about the big day! On our wedding day, they were sweet and genuine with us and taking all the pictures with them was so much fun. Right before I was about to walk down the aisle, Cathy came into the room where all the girls were waiting just to make sure everything was good. Scott and Cathy made us feel like we were family! The drone picture and night photoshoot were awesome touches to our pictures, thank you so much! Ambiance Studios does amazing work and we would highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Lakesha K

Scott and Cathy are very professional. My husband and I absolutely love our pictures (1000+ pictures). We really appreciated the creativity Scott used throughout the day to capture stunning moments we'll be able to cherish from generation to generation. My husband and I are... Read More very glad we chose Scott and Cathy to share our special moments with. They truly captured our day!

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Samantha S

We had a great experience with Scott and Cathy and we would definitely recommend! After meeting them and seeing their portfolios we knew we wanted to work with Ambiance, so we were thrilled they still had our date available. They are VERY professional, so nice, and helped make... Read More the wedding day go smoothly; they stuck to the time frame, and I loved how they helped pose people for the photos too! We have no regrets choosing Scott and Cathy and we are very pleased! :)

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Rachel V

They were absolutely fantastic to work with. The pictures they captured were unbelievable. Very pleased with everything. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Amanda J

Both Scott and Cathy were amazing throughout the entire process! They have such an eye for detail and their pictures are just amazing. I really appreciated everything that they did for us on our big day.

Reviewed on 5/22/2017

Wonderful to work with and they to beautiful photos!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Holly H

Scott and Cathy are amazing. Not only were the pictures great, but they also provide "Italian fine art books" for your photos, way better then your typically photo album! They were much more then photographers to us, they helped make the entire day go smoothly and were always... Read More available for questions during the planning of our wedding. Such great all around people.

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Scott K

Wonderful and easy couple to work with. Beautiful photos. One-of-a-kind wedding photo album. Highly recommended.

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Amanda L

We fell in love with Scott and Cathys work the moment we met them in their studio. They helped us every step of the way preparing for our wedding photos. By the end of our wedding Scott and Cathy felt like family. Their development, design, and editing of our wedding pictures... Read More blew away our expectations. Their attention to color, lighting, and detail, was everything we hoped for! We are also very excited to receive our wedding book around Christmas time. They are so beautiful, and they were so helpful in helping me choose designs and layouts. Thank you Scott and Cathy!

Reviewed on 9/02/2016 Rachel R

Cathy and Scott were an amazing choice to shoot our wedding day in July 2016! They were so professional and friendly and were willing to work with the shot list we made to make sure every photo we wanted was taken (and it was!). We just got our wedding photos back this week, and... Read More they are beautiful! They have such good ideas for unique photos and know with ease how to adjust poses, find the right lighting, etc. We are so happy with our choice for Cathy and Scott to photograph our wedding day!

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Maddy E

When Cathy and Scott have the wedding day plans after the "pre-meet" (which is so helpful!), it becomes there #1 priority to get every shot requested. Our wedding was on an EXTREMELY hot day, and my mind was set on everything being outdoors! They made great adaptions to be able... Read More to capture some amazing moments while still considering my friends and family who were all bearing the heat for us. We loved the night shoot, and what bride doesn't love their own personal photo shoot! I was so excited to get my pictures back, and had tears all over again being able to relieve the most amazing moments of the best day of my life! xoxo The Rivers

Reviewed on 8/02/2016 Chris K

Scott and Cathy were an absolute pleasure to work with. They make a great team and really exceeded our expectations at every point. From the beginning, they took the time to sit down with us and help plan our day. They got to know us and made sure the pictures they took of us... Read More were reflective of us as a couple. Their work is beautiful, creative and artistic and we could not be more pleased with the outcome. They also were able to display some of our pictures during our wedding. We began receiving compliments on our photos at that point and they continue to come in! Cathy and Scott captured every moment of our special day. They were organized and calm and blended into our wedding seamlessly. They also excel in the customer service aspect. It is easy to get in touch with them and communicate with them. We could not be more pleased with the service provided by Scott and Cathy!

Reviewed on 7/15/2016 Lisa M

Great photographers, amazing pictures.

Reviewed on 7/12/2016 Kristin S

Scott and Cathy have been absolutely amazing to us from the beginning. We connected with them instantly and knew they were a perfect fit for us. Everything from our initial meeting to our final wedding photos, we have been 100% happy! Photos are the one thing you keep forever... Read More from the wedding and we are so blessed to have had Scott and Cathy do our beautiful pictures. I would recommend them 10000x over! Thank you both so much for everything you did for us. Hope we can work with you again in the future Mr & Mrs Brian Sanders

Cathy Ann Erickson

I started posing my sisters back when I was 11 and gave boxes of pictures to Mom when I left for college. My husband Scott and I specialize in photography, video and custom book designs for Weddings, engagements and lifestyle events. We have been in business for over 25 yrs. We love the outdoors, football, music, watching movies, or just hanging out with our 2 puppies. We would love to chat with you in more detail or schedule a no obligation meeting. It is important to meet with you; we want to make sure we are the right fit and not charging you for something you do not need. 262-338-0922