Ambiance Studios by Scott and Cathy Erickson

West Bend, Milwaukee; serving all of Wisconsin and worldwide

Capturing the love & romance of your wedding day

Photography & Video, Husband & wife team, 25 yrs experience. Specialize in Weddings, engagements, lifestyle events, master lighting techniques, hand crafted Italian fine art books. Gift w/purchase with signed contract; free consultations by appointment. Energizing & creative; define it as a contemporary style; Photojournalist with a High End & Fashion attitude. You will LOVE your images & album! Your wedding photographs will be “Elegant” with Dynamic lighting & composition … rich beautiful colors, individual dramatic cropping to give each image the attention it deserves. Your personality will shine through. Your images will make an artistic statement, distinctive & filled with honest emotion. Photojournalist style combined with relaxed formals; showing the love & affection from your day.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

2350 E Sandy Acre Rd, West Bend, WI West Bend, Milwaukee; serving all of Wisconsin and worldwide (262) 338-0922

Reviewed on 10/19/2015

Scott and Cathy are the most genuine couple that are the best in there business in my opinion. They will be there for you during the whole process. Helping you out with whatever they can do for you. Very professional, caring, friendly, and most importantly fit in like family... Read More with everyone. There attention to detail, "out of the box" ideas, and team work is like nothing we have ever come across! They will definitely give you all there attention, listen to what YOU want and give you the most stunning pictures and photo album you will ever come across! You will not be disappointed! You definitely get what you pay for with them! I can't speak highly enough on how personable and professional they are. I would highly recommend them to anyone that is looking to get there special day captured! If your not sold yet reading these reviews, please take the time and set up an appointment with them. After you get to know them, talk for a little bit and look at there AMAZING work (pictures, albums, canvas's, prints and so on) I'm willing to bet you'll be hoping there not booked for your event!!

2015-10-20T10:57:29 Response from the vendor

Aww THANK YOU so much! Scott and I were honored to be a part of your special day. Your wedding was amazing; everything was so beautiful and elegant. We had so much fun getting to know all your family and friends. We feel we have... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/10/2016 Melissa D

My Husband Antonio and I were immediately drawn to Cathy and Scotts booth at the wedding show at the Wisconsin Expo Center. I was captivated by the beauty of their work, it was breathtaking! We started looking at all their work and viewing their books they had put together.... Read More While we were looking at their books Cathy and Scott came to talk to us. I initially was very overwhelmed just being at the wedding show as we had just started planning and had a lot of decisions to make. Cathy and Scott were both warm and welcoming! They never made us feel pressured and were truly trying to get to know us. They told us about themselves and what they had to offer and gave us their information because we had requested it. They told us the importance of looking around at other photographers work and prices. That in itself made us want to do business with them because they had our best interest at heart. We decided to continue looking around the rest of the wedding show since this was our first booth we stopped at. There was no other photographer that was able to capture the magic of a wedding day like Cathy and Scott. The photos we saw from Cathy and Scott were able to tell the couples story, to show the love they had for each other and to capture the true emotion of the day. After Antonio and I discussed our options we decided to book Cathy and Scott while still at the wedding show, praying they still had our wedding date available. Antonio and I were ready to schedule our engagement shoot even though we have busy schedules Cathy and Scott were very flexible and were very timely with their responses! We had an absolute blast during our engagement shoot, it felt like we had known Cathy and Scott for a lifetime! Our pictures were beautiful and we could not wait to see what our wedding photos would end up looking like!! As the wedding day grew near they helped us work on a timeline that help calm our nerves! On our wedding day Cathy and Scott were there for us 100%, they never left our side! Cathy even had a sweet little chat with me before I walked down the aisle, and it really meant a lot to me!! They made sure we got all of our photos we wanted, made sure we went where we wanted to go for photos and made sure we took some moments to ourselves. Our night time photo shoot was very special to us as well. It gave Antonio and I few more special moments together that we're able to look back on and always cherish. Antonio and I just got our photos back, Cathy and Scott ABSOLUTELY exceeded our expectations!! We were blown away by the beauty of their work!! They 100% captured every detail of our happily ever after!!! I will 100% recommend them hands down to anyone that I can!! They are 100% worth it and you will not be disappointed! Thank you both so very much for everything!! You are both incredible, you do BEAUTIFUL work and you are AMAZING to work with!! We love you guys!!

2016-12-21T11:26:31 Response from the vendor

Aww thank you so much Melissa and Antonio. We were honored to photograph your special memories. We LOVE you guys and were honored to be a part of your special day! We feel like we gained life long friends; and look forward to future lifetime... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/10/2015 Stephanie S

Scott and Cathy are true artists that take the most amazing photographs. Most importantly, they are a hard-working and amazing couple that operates on integrity, and kindness. The synergy that they have is great together; they come up with the most creative, and innovative... Read More ideas for one-of-a-kind photos. Their technology is new, and cutting-edge and they are the ones that all other photographers aspire to be. The level of commitment and service they provide is exemplary. Without a doubt, the amount of experience that they have shows not only in the pictures, but in the advice that they give you throughout the day as well. They really know how to put someone at ease to make them look, and feel great guaranteeing the best pictures possible. I would recommend Ambiance Studios to anyone in a heartbeat-- Ryan and I are more than pleased with our wedding photos.

2015-08-10T13:35:58 Response from the vendor

Aww thank you! We love you guys! We were honored to be a part of your special day and are so happy to have you both as life long friends. <3 xoxo

Reviewed on 5/22/2017

Wonderful to work with and they to beautiful photos!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Holly H

Scott and Cathy are amazing. Not only were the pictures great, but they also provide "Italian fine art books" for your photos, way better then your typically photo album! They were much more then photographers to us, they helped make the entire day go smoothly and were always... Read More available for questions during the planning of our wedding. Such great all around people.

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Scott K

Wonderful and easy couple to work with. Beautiful photos. One-of-a-kind wedding photo album. Highly recommended.

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Amanda L

We fell in love with Scott and Cathys work the moment we met them in their studio. They helped us every step of the way preparing for our wedding photos. By the end of our wedding Scott and Cathy felt like family. Their development, design, and editing of our wedding pictures... Read More blew away our expectations. Their attention to color, lighting, and detail, was everything we hoped for! We are also very excited to receive our wedding book around Christmas time. They are so beautiful, and they were so helpful in helping me choose designs and layouts. Thank you Scott and Cathy!

Reviewed on 9/02/2016 Rachel R

Cathy and Scott were an amazing choice to shoot our wedding day in July 2016! They were so professional and friendly and were willing to work with the shot list we made to make sure every photo we wanted was taken (and it was!). We just got our wedding photos back this week, and... Read More they are beautiful! They have such good ideas for unique photos and know with ease how to adjust poses, find the right lighting, etc. We are so happy with our choice for Cathy and Scott to photograph our wedding day!

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Maddy E

When Cathy and Scott have the wedding day plans after the "pre-meet" (which is so helpful!), it becomes there #1 priority to get every shot requested. Our wedding was on an EXTREMELY hot day, and my mind was set on everything being outdoors! They made great adaptions to be able... Read More to capture some amazing moments while still considering my friends and family who were all bearing the heat for us. We loved the night shoot, and what bride doesn't love their own personal photo shoot! I was so excited to get my pictures back, and had tears all over again being able to relieve the most amazing moments of the best day of my life! xoxo The Rivers

Reviewed on 8/02/2016 Chris K

Scott and Cathy were an absolute pleasure to work with. They make a great team and really exceeded our expectations at every point. From the beginning, they took the time to sit down with us and help plan our day. They got to know us and made sure the pictures they took of us... Read More were reflective of us as a couple. Their work is beautiful, creative and artistic and we could not be more pleased with the outcome. They also were able to display some of our pictures during our wedding. We began receiving compliments on our photos at that point and they continue to come in! Cathy and Scott captured every moment of our special day. They were organized and calm and blended into our wedding seamlessly. They also excel in the customer service aspect. It is easy to get in touch with them and communicate with them. We could not be more pleased with the service provided by Scott and Cathy!

Reviewed on 7/15/2016 Lisa M

Great photographers, amazing pictures.

Reviewed on 7/12/2016 Kristin S

Scott and Cathy have been absolutely amazing to us from the beginning. We connected with them instantly and knew they were a perfect fit for us. Everything from our initial meeting to our final wedding photos, we have been 100% happy! Photos are the one thing you keep forever... Read More from the wedding and we are so blessed to have had Scott and Cathy do our beautiful pictures. I would recommend them 10000x over! Thank you both so much for everything you did for us. Hope we can work with you again in the future Mr & Mrs Brian Sanders

Reviewed on 6/18/2016

Highly recommend

Reviewed on 11/07/2015 Kris J

Scott and Cathy are very friendly, and I appreciate their timeliness of their responses (especially via email). In addition to the usual posed and candid pictures, they also include a fashion shoot pre-wedding, a night shoot day-of and various different poses. They are a good... Read More choice for couples with a defined timeline for the wedding day; if you are a couple that doesn't have a schedule or is "winging it", a different photographer may be a better fit. My big complaint with Ambiance is that I received the online photo album the same day my guests did. This meant my parents and others saw the pictures - all the pictures - before my groom and I did. I was very disappointed we weren't given a few days or a week to view the pictures ourselves and utilize the lock feature to decide which pictures we wanted visible to all of our guests.

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Karalyn W

Scott and Cathy Erickson are absolutely AMAZING photographers! They take the time to really get to know their clients, and they make sure they capture every moment of your day! With Scott and Cathy, I never once felt rushed or like I was being taken away from enjoying my day to... Read More take pictures. They were so much fun to work with, and the pictures are absolutely breathtaking! I would highly recommend Scott and Cathy to anyone who is getting married! They are worth every penny!

Excellent Service!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015

Scott and Cathy did an amazing job on our wedding photos. They were great to work with from day one until today! I am so happy we chose them and highly recommend them!

Great images

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Chealse S

We loved having both Scott and Cathy help with our wedding. Having both of them there was way more valuable than I every would thought! Our images are unique and capture the overwhelming emotions of our day perfectly. We have TONS of images to go through, as well as a ceremony... Read More recording and going through them you realize so much more than what you noticed on the day of! I HIGHLY recommend Scott and Cathy, you will be happy chose them in 20 years when you look back at your beautiful day.

Talented Photographers

Reviewed on 9/17/2015 Carla W

When Bruce and I met Scott and Cathy we were overwhelmed with the examples of amazing work they’d done. As Scott was sharing his ideas about our wedding I started to cry. I had to walk away and compose myself. We had come to the Wonderful World Of Weddings show hoping to get a... Read More few ideas for photographers, but after talking with this sweet couple we knew our decision was made! Not a day went by during the wedding planning stage, the wedding day, or the days after that I wasn’t thankful and grateful that Scott and Cathy were able to capture our special day! We had so much fun during our engagement shoot and once we saw our pictures we couldn’t wait for our wedding to arrive so that we could ooh and ahh over those images! Leading up to our wedding day, Scott and Cathy helped us plan out the day, and be by our sides as we got ready. Our pictures are gorgeous, and capture so many emotions and details throughout our wedding day! I would highly recommend them to anyone that is looking for genuine, artistic photographers! Scott and Cathy, thank you for all the support leading up to our day, and now helping us design our wedding album. We are so thankful you were able to photograph our day, and be able to share our pictures with our family and friends, and one day our children. Much love and thanks, Carla and Bruce

2015-09-17T20:52:35 Response from the vendor

Aww Thank You Carla and Bruce. We were honored to be a part of your special day. Everything was truly amazing! We loved getting to know all your family and friends; everyone was wonderful and made us feel like family. We are so excited to... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/16/2015 Sandra V

Quinceañera---Sandra V., Mother My daughter, Bianca, and I were searching for a photographer to take pictures for her Quinceañera (our tradition of a Sweet ‘15’). We met Scott and Cathy of Ambiance Studios at the Wonderful World of Weddings Exposition Center at Wisconsin State... Read More Fair Park. From the moment we saw their work and the Custom Designed Italian Fine Art Books my daughter said, “Mom, this is the album I want and these are the photographers I want for my Quinceañera.” The rest, as they say, is history. Scott and Cathy were an amazing team. They were very enthusiastic and fun. In the past I have had bad experiences getting in touch with vendors after booking them, but thankfully this was not the case with Ambiance Studios. They answered my questions throughout the whole process in a timely manner. Their creativeness and expertise were evident in the pictures they took and our guests loved being able to view the pictures during the event. I am so grateful for their patience during the book design process. They had so many great pictures to choose from that it was difficult for me to narrow down the pictures. Cathy was wonderful at helping me with this. She provided suggestions, tips, a different perspective and the guidance I needed to design my daughter’s custom book. Bianca and I both loved the preview of the book and cannot wait to see the actual album. I definitely would not hesitate to recommend Ambiance Studios by Scott & Cathy Erickson for your next event!

2015-09-17T09:42:49 Response from the vendor

Aww Thank you Sandra. We were honored to be a part of Bianca's special day. Everything was amazing! You did such an amazing job on everything. <3 xoxo, Cathy and Scott

Reviewed on 7/01/2015 Samantha S

Scott and Cathy are amazing photographers and our wedding photos turned out amazing. They are two people who not only want your photos to turn out amazing, they want your whole wedding to be perfect and try to help take care of the little things to make it that way. Everyone who... Read More has seen our wedding album is just as impressed as we were with how the entire album turned out. I know who to turn to when I need professional pictures again! Defiantly worth every penny spent for the quality and uniqueness of our wedding album! I would recommend them to anyone looking for a photographer.

2015-08-10T14:11:53 Response from the vendor

Aww thank you; we were honored to be a part of your special day. Your such a fun and sweet couple. Congratulations! <3 xoxo

Reviewed on 5/08/2015 Shreya P

Ketan and I absolutely love Ambiance Studios and our own personal photographers, Cathy and Scott. They make a great team; couple to work with. Ketan and I enjoyed our Engagement Session with Cathy and Scott even on a cold, breezy day. The love and effort that came out of this... Read More couple was remarkable. Through chatting and texting, we have become very close and can't wait to have them do our upcoming wedding photography. Thank you so much for the magical work that you guys provided us with. We will cherish these pictures today, tomorrow and the years to come. Looking back at these pictures will just bring all the memorable events back to life. Thanks, once again for being the best..Love you guys! ~ Shreya and Ketan

2015-08-07T11:31:12 Response from the vendor

Aww thank you, Shreya and Ketan, You are both so amazing! Your wedding was beautiful! We were honored to be a part of your special day. <3 xoxo

Ambiance Photography

Reviewed on 4/10/2015 Dani B

Ambiance Photography was absolutely amazing from the very beginning of our engagement to the end of the night at our wedding. They really take the time to get to know you so that you get the best experience possible. Also, they are very flexible and allow you to get all of the... Read More shoots that you would ever want. Cathy and Scott took the time to sit down with us ever step of the way. My husband and I were completely satisfied with our photos and couldn't imagine having anyone else capture our special day.

2015-10-02T10:44:45 Response from the vendor

Aww thank you Dani, we were honored to be a part of your special day. Everything was amazing. <3 xoxo, Cathy & Scott

Beautiful Pictures

Reviewed on 2/04/2015 Kristina S

Scott and Cathy take amazing pictures! Pictures are the one thing we splurged on when deciding on vendors and we think it was well worth it. They are easy to work with and are there to capture everything. We especially loved the fact that they do a night shoot.

2015-02-05T11:24:03 Response from the vendor

Aww thank you hon; we were honored to be a part of your special day! Your wedding was so beautiful! We are so happy for the two of you. Love you guys!, xoxo, Cathy and Scott

Amazing pictures and awesome photographers

Reviewed on 11/01/2014 Ashley M

My fiancee and I had no idea who we were going to get to photograph our wedding. We talked to several photographers but we didn't have any ideas. We finally met with Scott and Cathy. We talked to them about our ideas and we saw their work and we instantly fell in love with... Read More them and their pictures. They took our engagement pictures and we were so impressed and we can't wait to spend our wedding day with Scott and Cathy. They are the most professional photographers and fun loving people we have met with and we have seen the work they can do and we would recommend them to anyone that would want to have a fun filled wedding.

2015-02-05T11:20:11 Response from the vendor

Aww thank you sweetie, we were so honored to be a part of your special day! Your wedding was a amazing! We love you guys, xoxo, Cathy and Scott

Great Pictures!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Brittany B

Cathy and Scott were a pleasure to work with for our engagement shoot and our wedding pictures! Scott has a real eye for details, and Cathy is very creative, trying to make pictures one of a kind. We liked that they pulled us away from the wedding for a little bit to capture... Read More more pictures of just the two of us. It gave my husband and I time away from everyone else to just step away and take it all in. It was also really nice to see a sneak peak of our pictures that they posted the next day. I can't wait to show off their work to my friends and family.

2014-11-01T12:25:04 Response from the vendor

Aww thank you Brittany, it was a please being apart of your special day. Everything was beautiful. So happy for you both! xoxo

Cathy Ann Erickson

I started posing my sisters back when I was 11 and gave boxes of pictures to Mom when I left for college. My husband Scott and I specialize in photography, video and custom book designs for Weddings, engagements and lifestyle events. We have been in business for over 25 years. We love the outdoors, football, music, watching movies, or just hanging out with our puppy. We would love to chat with you in more detail or schedule a no obligation meeting. It is important to meet with you; we want to make sure we are the right fit and not charging you for something you do not need. 262-338-0922