An Affair to Remember by Sharon Dickinson

Serving clients in NY, PA, NJ, MD

We make it happen, Your Vision, Your Day

BOOK A MONTH OF SERVICE FOR A WEDDING IN 2017, RECEIVE A DISCOUNT OF $200. JUST SAY YOU SAW THE SPECIAL HERE! Our goal is to help you create that perfect, one of a kind wedding step by step. This is done by using our years of experience combined with your vision, so that your event truly is An Affair to Remember. We are knowledgeable and experienced with both multicultural weddings and non-ethnic weddings. Below are reasons why you should choose us: * We have received Best of Weddings 2 years in a row since joining and have had a wedding featured in LV Style Magazine and been quoted in The Knot Wedding magazine. * We refer only Top Notch Professionals for your wedding * We save you money, time and sanity! * Keep you on budget! *You and your family can be gu

Engagement Party, Getting Engaged, Honeymoon, After Party, Bridal Luncheon, Bridal Shower, Day After Brunch, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Honeymoon Planning, RSVP Tracking, Se Habla Español, Planning

Serving clients in NY, PA, NJ, MD (484) 358-1416

Reviewed on 4/11/2017 Thein Tun A

Sharon has genuine concern for all the couples getting married. She took us by our hand and guided us step-by-step. Because of her attention to detail and resourcefulness, our wedding went very well. We had no stress, zero worry. She planned everything for us several months... Read More ahead. All of my friends asked me how I was so calm before the wedding. I just smiled since I trusted Sharon. The wedding was absolute fun. Our wedding was in New Jersey and Sharon still came there for us. The best decision I made about my wedding was calling Sharon. You must get her too.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Jennifer N

Our wedding was on 9/30/16 and I was so thankful to have Sharon as our day-of coordinator! We had a very unique situation with a ton of problems with our venue. On top of them being extremely unorganized and difficult to work with, we went through 4 different venue... Read More coordinators during our planning process. After the first one left and we were having so many issues with the second, that is when we decided to hire our own day-of coordinator, Sharon. Funny thing is when I was looking on theknot.com for a coordinator based on reviews, she showed up as 5-star and I realized that I knew her! I swam with her daughter in high school and I've known Sharon since I was 14 years old. I knew she would be perfect for the job! Sharon was extremely helpful not just during the day but also during the entire planning process. One of the first things she did was look through our vendor contracts. She pointed out important details that I've overlooked like that we didn't have the photographer for long enough to cover our day which led to us extending. She listened to our issues and attended our final meetings with the venue. She was there for us when our 3rd venue coordinator decided to leave 2 months prior to our wedding re-assuring that things would be ok. She immediately was on the phone with the owner and had a meeting setup right away to discuss a path forward. After meeting with the owner who was extremely grumpy and difficult, Sharon had secured a second assistant to help her to make sure our day went smooth. We were faced with the horrible forecast of rain. Sharon had independently facilitated the rehearsal in our Plan B inside ceremony room. She walked everyone through the ceremony including where they would need to sit. She even advised what to do if there were complications, like the flower girl not walking down the aisle. The day of the wedding, it was a complete downpour in the morning. Sharon was ready bright and early at the ceremony site (anticipated to be inside due to the rain) and was there to witness the owner denying our use of the inside room due to fire code the morning of the wedding a half hour before we needed to decide. She immediately came to my room to give me the awful news so I could cry it out before I had my makeup on and we could figure out what to do (our venue coordinator wasn't even there yet). Once it sunk in that we were going to have the wedding outside in the rain, Sharon immediately started contacting all of the vendors and letting them know. She had her assistant get umbrellas at the dollar store for our guests, made sure all of the chairs were wiped down, figured out where the DJ could put the speaker out of the rain so we could still have music and even worked it out with one of our guests that the bridal party could hide in their room to keep us in secret until the ceremony start time! We got very lucky that we only had a mist rain happening but without Sharon, we would have been in trouble! I also wanted to note that her assistants Yamelissa and Amy were fantastic. Amy drove me around the wedding site in her car so I wouldn't have to walk in the rain. Yamelissa got me drinks and food during cocktail hour. Even though I had showed tons of people how to bustle my dress, no one was around to do it for me and sure enough Amy and Yamelissa bustled my dress with no issues! Sharon and Amy together setup my DIY photobooth with turned out amazing! Very highly recommend Sharon and her team!

Reviewed on 4/25/2017 Alex L

I cannot say enough good things about Sharon and An Affair to Remember. Sharon’s services are invaluable through the entire planning process and on day-of coordination. Her experience and advice with vendor selection and planning made navigating every step of planning seamless... Read More to navigate and each meeting and email with her so enjoyable. She also went above and beyond helping us find an uncommon feature for our reception and truly always puts her clients' best interests first. Sharon and her team made everything run so smoothly the day of the wedding too so all we had to focus on was enjoying every part of the day. I highly recommend An Affair to Remember and their amazing wedding planning services.

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Swe Zin O

First of all, I would like to say “Thank You Sharon for everything.” As my husband said, hiring An Affair To Remember By Sharon Dickinson was the best decision that we had ever made about our wedding. My husband suggested me to hire a wedding planner and finally, he found out... Read More Sharon. Thank you for all you did to help make our wedding day perfect. Because of you, everything went smoothly. Although she lives in Catasauqua and our wedding was in NJ but she still came there for us. She went NJ several times and assisted in everything and paid attention to every detail. She suggested good wedding related websites, suggested vendors and offered a lot of ideas and kept me on schedule. She is very organized and very detail oriented and she reminded me everything that I needed to do. Because of her, we didn’t need to worry about our wedding and everything went perfectly and smoothly. I would highly recommend Sharon to everyone!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Haley T

Sharon was an absolutely fantastic wedding planner. She could not have been more helpful when issues arose or when myself or my husband needed help. She also helped us find the other vendors that we used in our wedding! I could not have been a more relaxed bride on the big day... Read More and my husband absolutely loved her! I would recommend Sharon to anyone looking for a professional and efficient wedding planner, be it for the day of or as a full wedding planner!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 jenn W

Hiring An Affair to Remember was the best decision (besides saying yes) I made when planning my wedding. The service was extraordinary and Sharon was full of wonderful ideas. I had such peace of mind knowing that she has been in the event planning industry for so many years and... Read More knows so many other vendors. My big day turned out perfectly and ran so smoothly I actually got to enjoy it instead of wondering if we were running on schedule or if the centerpieces got fininshed. Thank you to A Good Affair for making my dream day a reality!

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Alicia J

After having seen all the great reviews Sharon has received from past couples, I decided I had to hire her. We aren't from the area, so having her expertise really helped long distance. Everything turned out Super! We had alot of details to worry about and she managed to pull it... Read More off without a hiccup! The weather was hot, but you were cool as a cucumber. Thanks for everything Sharon, we loved working with you!

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Jennifer W

What a great experience it has has been working with Sharon from An Affair to Remember. She is wonderful! She was my DOC and rocked it out! Everything ran smoothly and no glitches at all. My family and I and my husband Joe were able to just enjoy our day and not have to worry... Read More about anything and have fun! Thanks Sharon, anyone getting married, should definitely have you on their side!

Reviewed on 8/26/2016 Kelly M

Sharon was very helpful in the final stages of planning. She handled so many details that we never would have thought about or had time to complete. The day of the wedding went so smoothly because of her. She took care of everything. All we had to do was show up and have the... Read More best day of our lives!

Reviewed on 8/26/2016

Sharon was incredibly efficient, organized and personable. When we began working with together, she immediately tied up our loose ends and quickly got every vendor on the same page. Additionally, she was accessible and present from the planning up through the ceremony and... Read More festivities. We would highly recommend coordinating your big day with Sharon.

Reviewed on 8/23/2016

Sorry it took me so long to do this, but what can I say, you did a wonderful job on our wedding! From the vendor referrals, to their performance, to everything looking beautiful and not just running on time but early! We had plenty of time to relax, which allowed us and our... Read More parents to stay cool, calm and collected. To think I was hesitant to hire a planner and now, so thankful that I hired you. You were well worth the investment! Our guests couldn't stop complimenting us on how beautiful it all was. Thank you, thank you, thank you! You did make our wedding "An Affair to Remember

Reviewed on 6/17/2016 Hillary B

Sharon is amazing. She really helped me keep my sanity during the planning process and the wedding. Sharon is able to advise while still keeping your vision in place. She is very organized and works well with new vendors and venues. Sharon's partner Jim is also wonderful, he was... Read More kind and courteous to everyone he interacted with at my wedding. I couldn't have asked for a better adviser and day of coordinator!

2016-06-17T09:37:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words! I really enjoyed being a part of your day and getting to know your super warm families and the two of you make a great couple and are the perfect compliment to one another! Much live and... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/14/2016

Sharon and her team are great to work with! They really helped make the planning process easier for us. Sharon made sure to ease vendor management and communication, itinerary coordination, and rehearsal implementation. Worth every penny! But perhaps the most valuable thing... Read More Sharon and her team brings is their ability to be personable, sincere, and supportive at all times. Whether dealing with vendors, or well-meaning family members, having someone ON your side AT your side really makes a difference as the big day draws near. Having Sharon to rely on really eases the pressure so you can enjoy and relish the once in a lifetime moments!!

Reviewed on 6/01/2016

Sharon and her assistant were phenomenal, especially coming in at the last minute to pull it all together, which she did. She was right on top of it all and things went better than we could have possibly planned or hoped for and we couldn't have done it any better. Thanks... Read More Sharon, you did everything asked and were so easy going and informative, best of the best! Thank you.

Reviewed on 6/01/2016

Thank you so much for the help you provided with my daughters wedding! You were a god send! From the rehearsal to the breaking down, you were wonderful. You worked well with all of the vendors we used and pulled it all together! I can't believe it. Thanks again!

Best Money I Spent!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Kathy M

Sharon was wonderful to work with. I hired Sharon 8 weeks before our wedding for day of wedding planner. I wanted to have fun at our wedding not to worry about the details. Sharon took care of everything. I told her my vision and she executed it flawlessly. She work with my... Read More vendors and the venue to to make sure they knew the expectation. I enjoyed our wedding because I had complete faith in Sharon. Best money I spent!

Detail-Oriented

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 sarah d

Sharon was a great day-of wedding coordinator. She went above and beyond her duties by sending me quick reminders/things to consider as well as making phone calls when necessary. She really things of just about everything which can be extremely stressful when trying to manage... Read More your work and personal life as well as a wedding but it does pay off to be prepared in the long run. The day of the wedding went seamlessly and i did not have to worry about anything which is the most important part of having a wedding planner. I would definitely recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding planner.

Reviewed on 9/03/2015

We had an An Affair to Remember by Sharon Dickinson help us with the day of coordination and everything ran well and the vendors she suggested were excellent! She's great!

Reviewed on 8/28/2015 Stacy

Sharon was a blast to work with. She kept me in line since the first day we met. It did not matter how I contacted her: phone, email, text, she always responded and if she did not know the answer she would find it. Sharon would remind me of what was due and what I needed to have... Read More done by certain dates. She was a great help the night before and the day of the wedding. I did not worry about one thing ( I knew Sharon and her assistant had it all under control). I would definitely recommend her to any brides to be. I can honestly say I had a stress free wedding. Thanks again Sharon

Reviewed on 8/28/2015 Toni

Similar to postings from other brides, I wasn't convinced that we needed a day-of coordinator. I'm the type of person who has difficulty giving up control but my mom met Sharon and instantly knew that having her for the month prior would be helpful. Planning most of the wedding... Read More from Miami and having the ceremony at a public park made having a point-person extremely helpful that day. Especially considering extraneous factors that I didn't anticipate like weather and the fact that the park had actually double-booked the space that day. Sharon jumped to action and my guests had no clue that we narrowly avoided a major problem. There's no doubt that our day would have been a mess without Sharon who was meticulous and concerned herself with details so that me, my family, and friends were able to focus on celebrating. Thank you Sharon- you did a great job!!

Reviewed on 8/28/2015

Sharon is so professional, detailed and on task. And she does it all still making me feel distressed. We adore her. She's like my wedding conscience and rock of Gibralter. As a caterer, I really hope to work with her in the future. she has become so much more than a wedding... Read More planner to us.

Sharon was great to work with

Reviewed on 6/30/2015 Karry K

We used Sharon as a day-of-coordinator and was very pleased with how smoothly everything ran. From our first meeting she was very detailed, and made sure that we stayed on top of our to-do list. She and her assistant made sure that everything ran smoothly the day of our wedding... Read More and everything was taken care of so we had no worries. I would recommend Sharon to anyone looking for a full planner or a day-of coordinator.

MARK AND BRIAN'S WEDDING

Reviewed on 6/07/2015

Originally, the idea was to tackle everything ourselves. Home backyard venue with 40 people. How difficult can this be? Well, I'm sure we are not alone in wanting this day to be perfect. But attaining this kind of magical day, we would need some else's guidance. After reading a... Read More number of reviews, we contacted Sharon Dickinson at An Affair To Remember. Being a gay couple, we never know what kind of reaction there might be. Without hesitation, Sharon learned of our plan and embraced fully what would lie ahead! At our first meeting(and from that point forward), Sharon was a very effective "middle person" between us and Vendor's. She was always available when questions or issues arose. This was invaluable to us and alleviated so much stress. Because our wedding was at our home, we felt additional pressure. When it comes down to it, planning for a wedding is very complex and delicate at the same time. Sharon did an excellent job of threading that needle. She had the necessary contacts, while always listening to our wishes and desires. We are so grateful to her and her team for their contribution, making our special day beautiful and memorable!! Thank you Sharon for everything! Mark & Brian

Minnella Cuchran Wedding May 23 2015

Reviewed on 6/05/2015

I don't know even where to begin to say what a wonderful job Sharon and her assistant did for my daughters wedding. From the prep work, to rehearsal, to day of wedding and then the reception. Everything went perfectly. I have never seen a wedding that did not have some kind of... Read More a hitch or bump on the wedding day.. if there was one we never saw it,,,Sharon took care of everything. Everyone who was there had nothing but great compliments about the entire affair. At first I asked my daughter why she would need a wedding planner... now I know. If you want everything to run like clockwork get a wedding planner.. and I recommend Sharon above all. My daughter has already recommended Sharon to her friends that are getting married next. Mother of the Bride Maryann Minnella

Perfect Planner

Reviewed on 1/13/2015 Marla L

Sharon, I wanted to say thank you and let everyone know all your work was perfect and you helped make Marla's wedding perfect also. My daughter's wedding was in December and Sharon was there for her making sure the day was "just perfect". She is the easiest vendor to work... Read More with, professional, friendly, never complained, and we had a large wedding(185 total) with a large bridal party(almost 20) She kept the entire day running very smoothly and very organized. We weren't just on time for everything, we were ahead of schedule all day. We enjoyed the night so much, I didn't want it to end. I Absolutely would say yes to hiring her for her services.

Sharon Dickinson

Growing up I always enjoyed planning parties!! I just had a knack with finding what I needed and pulling it together and it all going well and looking beautiful! As I got older, I was a member in the Knights of Columbus Ladies Group and helped to plan dinners, fundraisers, balls, etc. I was really good at it and loved it. It was after I planned my 10 year wedding anniversary celebration, I realized this is what I want to do for a profession. It began, back in 1997 for 7 years and then I took a sabbatical and 4 years ago, I re-opened my business and have found my niche!