An Affair to Remember by Sharon Dickinson

Serving clients in NY, PA, NJ, MD

We make it happen, Your Vision, Your Day, Your Way

NEWLY ENGAGED? WANT TO REMAIN STRESS FREE? CONTACT ME NOW TO SAVE 15% ON MY WEDDING DAY MANAGEMENT OR FULL PLANNING PKG IF BOOKED BY 1/31/18 ~Our goal is to help you create that perfect, one of a kind wedding step by step. This is done by using our years of experience combined with your vision, so that your event truly is An Affair to Remember. We are knowledgeable and experienced with both multicultural weddings and non-ethnic weddings. ~Below are reasons why you should choose us: *Highly qualified and experienced Wed Planner * We have received Best of Weddings 4 years in a row since joining and have had a wedding featured in LV Style Magazine and been quoted in The Knot Wedding magazine. * We ONLY refer Professionals who are the tops in their field. * We save you money, time and sanity!

Engagement Party, Getting Engaged, Honeymoon, After Party, Bridal Luncheon, Bridal Shower, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Day After Brunch, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Honeymoon Planning, RSVP Tracking, Se Habla Español, Wedding Website, Planning

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100

Serving clients in NY, PA, NJ, MD (484) 358-1416

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Jennifer N

Our wedding was on 9/30/16 and I was so thankful to have Sharon as our day-of coordinator! We had a very unique situation with a ton of problems with our venue. On top of them being extremely unorganized and difficult to work with, we went through 4 different venue... Read More coordinators during our planning process. After the first one left and we were having so many issues with the second, that is when we decided to hire our own day-of coordinator, Sharon. Funny thing is when I was looking on theknot.com for a coordinator based on reviews, she showed up as 5-star and I realized that I knew her! I swam with her daughter in high school and I've known Sharon since I was 14 years old. I knew she would be perfect for the job! Sharon was extremely helpful not just during the day but also during the entire planning process. One of the first things she did was look through our vendor contracts. She pointed out important details that I've overlooked like that we didn't have the photographer for long enough to cover our day which led to us extending. She listened to our issues and attended our final meetings with the venue. She was there for us when our 3rd venue coordinator decided to leave 2 months prior to our wedding re-assuring that things would be ok. She immediately was on the phone with the owner and had a meeting setup right away to discuss a path forward. After meeting with the owner who was extremely grumpy and difficult, Sharon had secured a second assistant to help her to make sure our day went smooth. We were faced with the horrible forecast of rain. Sharon had independently facilitated the rehearsal in our Plan B inside ceremony room. She walked everyone through the ceremony including where they would need to sit. She even advised what to do if there were complications, like the flower girl not walking down the aisle. The day of the wedding, it was a complete downpour in the morning. Sharon was ready bright and early at the ceremony site (anticipated to be inside due to the rain) and was there to witness the owner denying our use of the inside room due to fire code the morning of the wedding a half hour before we needed to decide. She immediately came to my room to give me the awful news so I could cry it out before I had my makeup on and we could figure out what to do (our venue coordinator wasn't even there yet). Once it sunk in that we were going to have the wedding outside in the rain, Sharon immediately started contacting all of the vendors and letting them know. She had her assistant get umbrellas at the dollar store for our guests, made sure all of the chairs were wiped down, figured out where the DJ could put the speaker out of the rain so we could still have music and even worked it out with one of our guests that the bridal party could hide in their room to keep us in secret until the ceremony start time! We got very lucky that we only had a mist rain happening but without Sharon, we would have been in trouble! I also wanted to note that her assistants Yamelissa and Amy were fantastic. Amy drove me around the wedding site in her car so I wouldn't have to walk in the rain. Yamelissa got me drinks and food during cocktail hour. Even though I had showed tons of people how to bustle my dress, no one was around to do it for me and sure enough Amy and Yamelissa bustled my dress with no issues! Sharon and Amy together setup my DIY photobooth with turned out amazing! Very highly recommend Sharon and her team!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Shelby W

If i could give Sharon 6 stars i would. Our wedding wouldn't have been what it was without Sharon. She went above and beyond what she had to do for us. She thought of every possible detail to make our special day run smoothly. The day of our wedding I could sit back, relax and... Read More truly enjoy our magical day. I would highly highly recommend her.

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Janice R

Sharon and her staff are amazing! We planned our wedding long distance and hired her for Day Of services. I don't know what we would have done without her. She answered countless emails over 10+ months, gave us great advice, helped us pull off the perfect look and feel for our... Read More intercultural wedding, and made sure everything ran smoothly on our big day! One thing I particularly noticed during the planning process was how much our other vendors liked and respected her. As soon as they heard we were working with Sharon, they said, "Oh, then you are in great hands!" And we were. She is extremely organized, competent, kind, and has a great sense of humor -- all qualities that matter when you are working with someone who is helping you plan the most important day of your life! The only regret I have is not booking her full wedding package - she is that awesome! If you're planning a Poconos wedding, lock down your date with Sharon as soon as possible! It will be one of the best wedding decisions you make!

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Steven S

My wife and I had an extremely positive experience with Sharon. After realizing we had a ton of details to iron out a few weeks before our wedding, we connected with Sharon for "Month Of" services, and we were extremely happy with the results. We had multiple phone... Read More conversations in which Sharon compiled all of our vendor information and then put together a comprehensive timeline, identifying a ton of small details that we hadn't even thought of. She was also a great liaison between our band and our caterer, both of whom had strong ideas about the timing and progression of the reception. From making sure the ceremony proceeded perfectly, to details as small as ensuring the location of props for our first dance, Sharon ensured that everything went off without a hitch. We were also impressed by her commitment to ensuring a total lack of stress from our perspective-- she insisted that we did not have our phones so that we could fully immerse ourselves in the moment. I'd highly recommend Sharon: the peace of mind she provides on one of the most important days of your life cannot be overstated!

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Jackie M

My daughter was married last year and hired Sharon to coordinate and pull together all the details of her wedding. I was really unable to help much because I am out of town, but she did a wonderful job! She kept my daughter moving along so seamlessly that everything fell right... Read More into place! She worked well with all of the vendors and we couldn't have asked for anymore, her services were more than worth the investment! We loved her and her staff! Thanks Sharon, you will definitely be referred by us.

Reviewed on 8/11/2017 Theresa S

My son and his fiance planned My son and his fiance planned their own wedding at our farm. They secured all the vendors well in advance, but did not have someone to tie everything together. They hired Sharon one month before the event and she stepped in and worked very hard to... Read More make sure the day came off without a hitch. She was extremely professional and everything down to the last detail was perfect! They were very pleased with everything she did to make sure their day was hassle free and more peaceful and fun for them than they ever expected. their own wedding at our farm. They secured all the vendors well in advance, but did not have someone to tie everything together. They hired Sharon one month before the event and she stepped in and worked very hard to make sure the day came off without a hitch. She was extremely professional and everything down to the last detail was perfect! They were very pleased with everything she did to make sure their day was hassle free and more peaceful and fun for them than they ever expected.

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Tracey C

I have to say Sharon is beyond AMAZING! She was so incredible to work with and she took my vision and made it come to life. I hired Sharon as our day of coordinator and I wouldn't have had it any other way. She was organized, efficient and is extremely good at what she does. We... Read More met face to face multiple times, site visit, lots of email communication, she helped set up rentals the day before, ran the rehearsal and made the wedding day an absolute success. If there were any problems I had no idea and everything looked amazing and everything went smoothly thanks to Nicole. I definitely recommend Sharon for your weddings!

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Susan C

I live in California but am from Easton. So I knew planning a wedding over 2000 miles away was going to be no small task. Sharon was AMAZING via phone and email and SKYPE. Making sure all the vendors had what they needed, answering questions, making timelines, etc. Everything I... Read More could have wanted in a planner she was. She got everything done perfectly.

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Jess M

Sharon and her team made everything we needed to happen, Happen! Sharon and her team were outstanding. When we met Sharon and her team, they made my wife and I feel comfortable throughout the whole process. Sharon pointed us towards the right direction so that we wouldn't be... Read More overwhelmed on our wedding day. She made sure everything was taken care of so that we could enjoy our day. Sharon and her team were the best investment my wife and I made to make our wedding day fun, enjoyable, and memorable!

Reviewed on 4/25/2017 Alex L

I cannot say enough good things about Sharon and An Affair to Remember. Sharon’s services are invaluable through the entire planning process and on day-of coordination. Her experience and advice with vendor selection and planning made navigating every step of planning seamless... Read More to navigate and each meeting and email with her so enjoyable. She also went above and beyond helping us find an uncommon feature for our reception and truly always puts her clients' best interests first. Sharon and her team made everything run so smoothly the day of the wedding too so all we had to focus on was enjoying every part of the day. I highly recommend An Affair to Remember and their amazing wedding planning services.

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Swe Zin O

First of all, I would like to say “Thank You Sharon for everything.” As my husband said, hiring An Affair To Remember By Sharon Dickinson was the best decision that we had ever made about our wedding. My husband suggested me to hire a wedding planner and finally, he found out... Read More Sharon. Thank you for all you did to help make our wedding day perfect. Because of you, everything went smoothly. Although she lives in Catasauqua and our wedding was in NJ but she still came there for us. She went NJ several times and assisted in everything and paid attention to every detail. She suggested good wedding related websites, suggested vendors and offered a lot of ideas and kept me on schedule. She is very organized and very detail oriented and she reminded me everything that I needed to do. Because of her, we didn’t need to worry about our wedding and everything went perfectly and smoothly. I would highly recommend Sharon to everyone!

Reviewed on 4/11/2017 Thein Tun A

Sharon has genuine concern for all the couples getting married. She took us by our hand and guided us step-by-step. Because of her attention to detail and resourcefulness, our wedding went very well. We had no stress, zero worry. She planned everything for us several months... Read More ahead. All of my friends asked me how I was so calm before the wedding. I just smiled since I trusted Sharon. The wedding was absolute fun. Our wedding was in New Jersey and Sharon still came there for us. The best decision I made about my wedding was calling Sharon. You must get her too.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Haley T

Sharon was an absolutely fantastic wedding planner. She could not have been more helpful when issues arose or when myself or my husband needed help. She also helped us find the other vendors that we used in our wedding! I could not have been a more relaxed bride on the big day... Read More and my husband absolutely loved her! I would recommend Sharon to anyone looking for a professional and efficient wedding planner, be it for the day of or as a full wedding planner!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 jenn W

Hiring An Affair to Remember was the best decision (besides saying yes) I made when planning my wedding. The service was extraordinary and Sharon was full of wonderful ideas. I had such peace of mind knowing that she has been in the event planning industry for so many years and... Read More knows so many other vendors. My big day turned out perfectly and ran so smoothly I actually got to enjoy it instead of wondering if we were running on schedule or if the centerpieces got fininshed. Thank you to A Good Affair for making my dream day a reality!

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Alicia J

After having seen all the great reviews Sharon has received from past couples, I decided I had to hire her. We aren't from the area, so having her expertise really helped long distance. Everything turned out Super! We had alot of details to worry about and she managed to pull it... Read More off without a hiccup! The weather was hot, but you were cool as a cucumber. Thanks for everything Sharon, we loved working with you!

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Jennifer W

What a great experience it has has been working with Sharon from An Affair to Remember. She is wonderful! She was my DOC and rocked it out! Everything ran smoothly and no glitches at all. My family and I and my husband Joe were able to just enjoy our day and not have to worry... Read More about anything and have fun! Thanks Sharon, anyone getting married, should definitely have you on their side!

Reviewed on 8/26/2016 Kelly M

Sharon was very helpful in the final stages of planning. She handled so many details that we never would have thought about or had time to complete. The day of the wedding went so smoothly because of her. She took care of everything. All we had to do was show up and have the... Read More best day of our lives!

Reviewed on 8/26/2016

Sharon was incredibly efficient, organized and personable. When we began working with together, she immediately tied up our loose ends and quickly got every vendor on the same page. Additionally, she was accessible and present from the planning up through the ceremony and... Read More festivities. We would highly recommend coordinating your big day with Sharon.

Reviewed on 8/23/2016

Sorry it took me so long to do this, but what can I say, you did a wonderful job on our wedding! From the vendor referrals, to their performance, to everything looking beautiful and not just running on time but early! We had plenty of time to relax, which allowed us and our... Read More parents to stay cool, calm and collected. To think I was hesitant to hire a planner and now, so thankful that I hired you. You were well worth the investment! Our guests couldn't stop complimenting us on how beautiful it all was. Thank you, thank you, thank you! You did make our wedding "An Affair to Remember

Reviewed on 6/17/2016 Hillary B

Sharon is amazing. She really helped me keep my sanity during the planning process and the wedding. Sharon is able to advise while still keeping your vision in place. She is very organized and works well with new vendors and venues. Sharon's partner Jim is also wonderful, he was... Read More kind and courteous to everyone he interacted with at my wedding. I couldn't have asked for a better adviser and day of coordinator!

2016-06-17T09:37:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words! I really enjoyed being a part of your day and getting to know your super warm families and the two of you make a great couple and are the perfect compliment to one another! Much live and... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/14/2016

Sharon and her team are great to work with! They really helped make the planning process easier for us. Sharon made sure to ease vendor management and communication, itinerary coordination, and rehearsal implementation. Worth every penny! But perhaps the most valuable thing... Read More Sharon and her team brings is their ability to be personable, sincere, and supportive at all times. Whether dealing with vendors, or well-meaning family members, having someone ON your side AT your side really makes a difference as the big day draws near. Having Sharon to rely on really eases the pressure so you can enjoy and relish the once in a lifetime moments!!

Reviewed on 6/01/2016

Sharon and her assistant were phenomenal, especially coming in at the last minute to pull it all together, which she did. She was right on top of it all and things went better than we could have possibly planned or hoped for and we couldn't have done it any better. Thanks... Read More Sharon, you did everything asked and were so easy going and informative, best of the best! Thank you.

Reviewed on 6/01/2016

Thank you so much for the help you provided with my daughters wedding! You were a god send! From the rehearsal to the breaking down, you were wonderful. You worked well with all of the vendors we used and pulled it all together! I can't believe it. Thanks again!

Best Money I Spent!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Kathy M

Sharon was wonderful to work with. I hired Sharon 8 weeks before our wedding for day of wedding planner. I wanted to have fun at our wedding not to worry about the details. Sharon took care of everything. I told her my vision and she executed it flawlessly. She work with my... Read More vendors and the venue to to make sure they knew the expectation. I enjoyed our wedding because I had complete faith in Sharon. Best money I spent!

Detail-Oriented

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 sarah d

Sharon was a great day-of wedding coordinator. She went above and beyond her duties by sending me quick reminders/things to consider as well as making phone calls when necessary. She really things of just about everything which can be extremely stressful when trying to manage... Read More your work and personal life as well as a wedding but it does pay off to be prepared in the long run. The day of the wedding went seamlessly and i did not have to worry about anything which is the most important part of having a wedding planner. I would definitely recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding planner.

Sharon Dickinson

Growing up I always enjoyed planning parties!! I just had a knack with finding what I needed and pulling it together and it all going well and looking beautiful! As I got older, I was a member in the Knights of Columbus Ladies Group and helped to plan dinners, fundraisers, balls, etc. I was really good at it and loved it. It was after I planned my 10 year wedding anniversary celebration, I realized this is what I want to do for a profession. It began, back in 1997 for 7 years and then I took a sabbatical and 6 years ago, I re-opened my business and have found my niche!