An Amazing Day Wedding Officiant

Voted top officiant by Newport Wedding Magazine

Voted top officiant by Newport Wedding Magazine

You deserve a ceremony that is personally designed to you as a couple. From your walk down the aisle to your introduction as married partners, your every detail is customized to you; with you choosing the ceremony you want. For an an amazing wedding, turn to the highest rated officiant on The Knot.

Religious Affiliations

Catholic, Orthodox, Nondenominational, Pentecostal, Presbyterian, Protestant, Christian, Interfaith, Spiritual, Unitarian

Ceremony, Wedding

Voted top officiant by Newport Wedding Magazine (774) 294-8096

An Amazing Day Indeed!! James Stern is the best officiant!

Reviewed on 12/16/2015 Jaclyn E

My fiancé Josh and I used James Stern as our wedding officiant this past weekend, 12/12/2015 and were extremely pleased with his services. I found James online after reading his rave reviews – and I am so glad I did! From our first conversation I knew James was going to be the... Read More perfect officiant for our special ceremony – and he truly was! James was very responsive and helpful throughout the process. We had a last minute wedding, and despite the stress of planning everything quickly, James helped put us at ease. He provided us with a guide to assist with planning our ceremony which was an immense help for us! James allowed us to customize our wedding ceremony with personalized passages to fit our desires and everything turned out amazing. James also followed up in the weeks leading up to the ceremony to check-in and see if he could be of any assistance, which was graciously appreciated. We received so many compliments from guests who attended our wedding ceremony. In addition to the ceremony services, James referred a harpist who he works with that we were able to add-on to our ceremony! This was an optional add-on service, but it really made our ceremony extra special. Our ceremony was the perfect mix of love, brevity, sincerity, passion, uniqueness, and tradition. James was able to blend together all of our requests for the ceremony and the result was beyond anything we could have imagined. We give James our highest recommendation! If you are looking for a wedding officiant and are considering several options, definitely go with James Stern! He is extremely accommodating and an absolute pleasure to work with!!! You will not regret it!

Reviewed on 7/06/2016 Jessica L

James Stern officiated our wedding on July 2nd and we could not have asked for a more perfect ceremony! James is organized, professional, timely, and very detail oriented. He came to our rehearsal in Newport the afternoon before the wedding and we're so glad he was there! He... Read More was so helpful and pointed out a lot of small details that I hadn't considered - like how the groomsmen would stand (left hand over right), how long the first kiss should last (3 Mississippis), etc. We were able to personalize the entire ceremony, chose how long we wanted it to take, and looked to James for advice on other aspects like whether or not we should include a reading. We ended up adding one after James said it might be a great idea because it's a nice time to have a few minutes to ourselves where all eyes weren't on us (which it was and in my case, the perfect time to gain my composure after crying). We cannot say enough great things about James - if you book him you will certainly not be disappointed!

Fantastic

Reviewed on 4/09/2015

He truly does love his job. From the first time I talked to James I knew he knew exactly what he was doing, he talked us through the entire process and even on the day of the wedding made sure he was there in time to give a nice calm play by play of what would happen since we... Read More did not do a rehearsal. He was professional and spoke loudly enough for the 150 attendees to hear. His booklet that he supplies you with has everything from traditional readings to unique stories and passages, we were able to pick apart and mix exactly what we wanted to make our day personal. His text just a week or so later to congratulate us yet again and wish us all the best made him that much more of a truly great person to work with. Samantha H.

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Leah R

James was really great to work with and to officiate our wedding ceremony. He makes sure the day is all about YOU and your significant other. He has a great guide for you to look through to put your ceremony together. He is easy to get in touch with and responds quickly to... Read More questions. I highly recommend him for your ceremony!

Reviewed on 9/23/2017 Meghan F

My husband and I were married on July 28th, 2017. James was a wonderful officiant he gave us a guide to the different sections of a ceremony so we knew what we should put in ours (we had no idea haha). My husband and I wrote a lot of our ceremony including our vows and we chose... Read More the treasure box ceremony. James was very helpful and he proofread everything for us! James is very professional and the day of went flawlessly! Thank you James!!

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Jenna S

I highly recommend James if you are looking for a professional wedding day officiant. He was just awesome and was very thorough about the whole procedure with the entire wedding party. He let us outline the ceremony but he orchestrated it beautifully. We also used him for Photo... Read More Booth services at the reception and my guests had a blast with it.

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 Desiree S

I recently got married on June 16, 2017 in Newport, RI and used An Amazing Day Wedding. We had James Stern as our officiant. He did an amazing job! My husband is jewish and I am catholic so we didn't want too much of a religious ceremony and he blended our vows so nicely and... Read More even incorporated some fun ideas into the ceremony, which included a treasure box, where we both wrote letters ahead of time to eachother that we put in the box with a bottle of wine and it is to be open on our first anniversary. It was such a cute idea. He was even able to help with our ketubah signing ceremony before the actual ceremony started. We also used his photobooth and also the harpist Shelley Otis who he works with and she was fantastic! We would definitely recommend using him and all of the services that An Amazing Day Wedding provides. Thank you James!

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Sarah B

James was incredible to work with. He helped me feel calm and comfortable before my ceremony both at the rehearsal and during meetings to prepare. Our ceremony was perfect, better than I imagined it could be. Thank you so much James!

Reviewed on 6/30/2017 Jennifer T

I want to thank James for officiating our wedding ceremony. From the rehearsal to the day of he was so helpful and accommodating. He gave everyone clear directions and made everything so easy. We highly recommend him to anyone getting married in the New England area.

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Abbey S

James was the officiant at our wedding last weekend and was AMAZING to work with. He was very flexible and accommodating to make our ceremony exactly what we wanted. So many of our guests commented on what a nice job he did to make our day perfect!

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Jennifer B

We had an amazing experience with James. He was great to work with and did an amazing job with our ceremony, I would highly recommended him if your looking for someone to officiate your wedding!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Marissa M

We found James after reading the glowing reviews off theknot.com, and we're so glad we did! James was responsive and helpful throughout the entire process and his wedding guide made planning the ceremony a breeze. James worked with us and our venue to find a mutually agreeable... Read More time for our rehearsal and during the rehearsal he was efficient and gave great suggestions. Our ceremony was everything we hoped it would be. Our friends and family keep telling us how much the loved the ceremony, and we have James to thank for that!

Reviewed on 6/18/2017 Samantha L

James was great! Our ceremony was perfect, and he did a great job personalizing it to reflect us as a couple. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 6/11/2017 Catherine S

It's always hard trying to find the "right" person to officiant your wedding. I knew right away that James would be a perfect fit for my husband and I. He was so easy to work with and his wedding guide made it very easy to set up our ceremony the way we wanted it and to make it... Read More more personalized to fit us. James is very down to earth and funny. He made the entire process fun and helped calm my nerves throughout evwry step of the way. You will not be disappointed with James as your officiant!!!!

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 April G

James was awesome to work with! We are so thankful we chose him to administer our ceremony! He was so professional, organized, punctual, helpful, and most importantly the best at what he does!! Thank you so much for making our wedding day amazing!!!!

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Julie R

Dear James, Thank you for being our officiant in our recent wedding, and for all your help throughout the process! Everything ran so smoothly and we owe it all to you. You were so organized and easy to work with. It was truly such a great experience working with you and I will... Read More continue to refer all my brides to you!!! Thanks again for everything, Julie and Evan Rose

Reviewed on 11/25/2016 Lauren S

James was absolutely wonderful to work with. He was extremely kind, quick and efficient with communication (which is always good for a potentially stressed bride), and the wedding day guide that he provided was incredibly helpful. Our ceremony was picture perfect - the vows that... Read More we chose from his guide matched us completely and everything felt very personal, sweet, and romantic. James absolutely helped to make our day unforgettable and we received so many compliments regarding the ceremony from friends and family. I would recommend him to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Megan M

Our wedding day was nothing short of perfect and we owe a huge part of that to James Stern with An Amazing Day. James was available through every step of our wedding process. His responses were so quick and helpful! James personalized our ceremony to us so perfectly, even our... Read More guests were commenting that it seemed James had known us for years. He even went out of our way to hold my baby niece while the bridal party was getting their photos taken! If you want your wedding to be magical and to work with a professional and kind officiant, hire James Stern with An Amazing Day!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Adam A

James was amazing. My husbad and I were extremely pleased with all of his help during the planning process. His email responses were very prompt. It made the ceremony part of our wedding a piece of cake. Everyone who attended really like him. We highly recommend James.

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Amanda G

James was wonderful Couldn't have asked for a better officiant!Thank you so much for helping us make our day perfect!

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 megan

James was such a huge help!! Everything was perfect

Reviewed on 9/24/2016 Holly C

James Stern was fantastic. From guiding us along with our ceremony outline, to being flexible for meeting for the rehearsal and then the actual ceremony on our special day he was wonderful to work with. Thanks so much for all of your help!

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Kaitlynn A

We used James for our wedding on 8/26/16. From the first time we reached out to him we knew he was the perfect person to conduct our ceremony. We were overwhelmed and didn't know where to begin when it came to planning our ceremony. James was very helpful and made the process... Read More easy. He was great to work with! He made the whole process of planning the ceremony both stress-free and personalized. James was very responsive to any requests and questions that we had, he even submitted our marriage license for us after the wedding which was great. We cannot say enough about him and would highly recommend him for anyone looking for an officiant. We selected him due to all of his positive reviews on theknot.com and he did not disappoint, he exceeded our expectations!

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Han W

We really like James! Everybody at our ceremony was impressed by him saying he is the best officiant they have seen. Strongly recommend him! He is awesome!

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Kristen K

We are absolutely thrilled with the outcome of our wedding ceremony that was officiated by James Stern. He was easy to work with and guided us with his expertise along the way. He provided suggestions on how to improve our ceremony and we are so glad we used them! He made our... Read More ceremony personal, we have received multiple compliments from our guests. I would highly recommend him as a wedding officiant!

James Stern

I am a married father of two that takes great pride in helping couples acheive the wedding ceremony of their dreams. Every wedding is unique and special and I work to include every couple in the design of the ceremony. I work to provide a dream ceremony without breaking your budget.