Classic, Documentary

$0-$999

Getting Engaged, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Reviewed on 11/09/2016 Emily S

If i could give Angela more than 5 stars I would. We had an off the maps wedding that we were planning from Atlanta. She scouted the perfect location for us and was so fun and easy to work with. The pictures turned out even better than anything I could've ever imagined. I would... Read More highly recommend her to anyone and everyone.

Reviewed on 6/08/2016

We highly recommend Angela Nelson Photography. My wife and I worked with Angie for the first time in May 2016, for our elopement in Wailea, Maui. Angie is professional, courteous, friendly and down-to-earth. She quickly gained our trust – which is crucial for wedding &... Read More portrait photography – and she began the day by capturing our late-afternoon beach ceremony from many different & creative angles. Afterward, she took us to a half-dozen uniquely different settings nearby, concluding with a beautiful beach scene just after sunset. It was clear to us that she really prepared for our shoot – scouting locations and putting together a plan for how to maximize the value of our time together, and to wind up in the right place and the right time. We also loved how happy & excited Angie got whenever she “nailed” a shot during our session. That’s the sign of someone who is passionate about what they do, and is really skilled at doing it. Throughout the day, the images Angie created captured the emotion of the day, our personalities, and the striking beauty of the island, which is exactly what we were hoping for. Her editing style is dramatic and colorful, yet very tasteful, and she is very generous with the number of finished images she provides. Knowing that our families were waiting for pictures on the mainland, Angie gave us a couple of “sneak peek” images we could share the next day, with the rest of the images coming about a week later on her web site & a USB drive via USPS. We will most certainly hire Angie again for family pictures when we return to Maui. Thank you for everything, Angie!

Reviewed on 12/02/2015 kelley m

Angela did an absolutely amazing job photographing our wedding in Kihei. Living in California and trying to book a photographer remotely was a bit nerve racking, but after a lot of research and a few phone calls I knew we had picked the perfect match for us. From the very... Read More beginning, she answered all of our questions and was so patient with me, especially with me not being a local and planning my wedding remotely on my own. She was always extremely responsive to both emails and voicemails which made it so wonderful to work with her. She recommended some great other vendors for music and hair/makeup! The days leading up to our wedding she made sure to check in with us and even offered to meet us a few days before for coffee just to have a meet and greet before the big day! She was prompt showing up on our wedding day, and did a beautiful job capturing everything we asked for and MORE. What first caught my attention before I booked Angela was when she wrote online about herself and specifically this part "I am usually covered in sand after each photo session”! She literally does whatever it takes to capture every perfect moment and we had a blast doing all the different photos with her. She is so creative and comes up with photo ideas I had never seen. Honestly when I show them to people they are in awe of what she created. We really cannot thank Angela enough for the hard work and fun loving attitude that she had on our special day. Not only does she do unbelievably beautiful unique photography but she also makes you feel so comfortable (which was really my biggest priority when finding the perfect photographer). We literally felt like she was one of the guests! I would recommend her to anyone traveling to Maui for a wedding or even just a family shoot. Next time we visit Maui we will definitely be calling Angela for some more photos! We can’t thank you enough Angela! Kelley & Ryan

Magical Photography!

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 Erin F

Angela is a wizard with her camera. She was the photographer for both our engagement photo session and our wedding. I'll forever be thankful for the beautiful memories she captured. She has all the qualities of a professional, but yet makes you feel like a dear friend (and she... Read More has truly become one since!) Book her now and don't think twice. You're in GREAT hands.

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 DeAnna B

Angela is a joy to work with! She photographed our wedding ceremony and we could not be happier with her professionalism and quality of work! She made everything very easy and stress-free for us, which is so incredibly important considering everything a bride and groom have on... Read More their plates. Angela met with us ahead of time, answered our emails and phone calls in a timely manner, and even coordinated a second shooter for our special day. She was a true pro in going with the flow (our ceremony had to be moved at the last minute due to bad weather) and her positive attitude made everyone (us, our bridal party, and our families) feel comfortable and able to enjoy the moment. The pictures we received were absolutely amazing and we would work with her again in a heartbeat. My husband and I highly recommend Angela Nelson to anyone in need of a photographer!

Reviewed on 8/05/2015 C Y

Photos…one of the most important parts of a wedding day! When I got engaged in 2013, I knew that finding the right photographer was at the top of my priority list. In Angela I found the perfect photographer! She was so easy to work with and captured my special day from start... Read More to end. If you are searching for a photographer, stop looking! You won’t find any photographer better than Angela. I met Angela at the wedding expo on Maui. What drew me to her booth were her photos where the subjects looked so natural and happy. The people in her photos didn’t look stiff and posed in an uncomfortable way. Angela was so easy to talk to and it was obvious that she is just as excited to capture people’s special day as they are for it. After speaking to her I knew she was the photographer for me. I booked her to shoot my engagement photos as well as my wedding. My husband and I currently live on Oahu and flew back to Maui for our engagement photos. We had pre selected a site for the photos. However, on the day we were to take our photos, it decided to rain there. Angela quickly contacted me and assured me that she had another location in mind that would be perfect. She was right! The location she chose was perfect and we were able to capture some gorgeous photos. My husband and I are definitely no pros in front of the camera, but you would never know it by looking at the photos. Angela gives suggestions and directions along the way to make the photos look so natural. The engagement photos came out amazing for our save the date cards…and a Facebook profile picture! ;) If I thought the engagement photos were great, her wedding photos surpassed anything I could have expected! She captured the day from start to end and was able to tell our story through her photos. She even helped my husband and his groomsmen with their boutonnieres while they were getting ready. How many photographers do you know who do that?! Angela captured moments that I didn’t even realize she was there for. She even stayed an hour longer than planned so she didn’t miss anything at our reception. I am excited to write thank you notes just so I can share her photos with our guests from the wedding! I can’t stress enough how great Angela is to work with. She has a way of making you feel so comfortable and relaxed. Her photos are gorgeous and she gets them to you so quickly! I need to find another occasion to have her photograph!

Engagement & Wedding Photos

Reviewed on 7/24/2015

Angela took us to at least 3 great locations to take our engagement photos. They were places I wouldn't have thought of and the pictures turned out amazing! She is so friendly and got to know us on our photo shoot that I knew she was the one to ask to take our wedding photos.... Read More She worked with me on what types of pictures I wanted for the wedding, we agreed on the amount of time she would be there and the pictures she took turned out gorgeous! It was nice that she gave me the thumb drive so I can print pictures in the future with no fuss. She is an excellent photographer and easy to work with. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her for any type of portrait sessions. I have seen some great family photos she has also taken on her blog.

Incredible, the best decsion we made!

Reviewed on 7/15/2015 Carolyn W

Angela has exceeded my wildest dreams from beginning to end! When it comes to photography you need two things above all- service and talent. Angela is an example of all that and more, every step of the way. From the first email I ever sent her regarding pricing and packages to... Read More the final box in the mail with all of my images and album she was simply incredible. She was helpful, responsive and such an easy person to talk to. During the wedding she was personable, calm, laid back and the perfect balance of giving direction and capturing the unseen angles and candids. Our photographs are absolutely stunning!! There is so much beauty and emotion in every image. Angela's work is worth every penny that we spent and more. It was the best decision we made!

Reviewed on 7/14/2015

Angela is the perfect photographer! We eloped all the way from Australia and had a romantic wedding in Maui on the beach. For us, the most important element was photography as we wanted to capture lasting memories of the big day and share them with friends and family back home.... Read More We wanted the photos be beautiful and natural and we wanted the shoot to be as fun and stress-free as possible. Angela delivered all that and went beyond all our expectations! Angela brings a great sense of skill and enthusiasm to her shoots. We're an adventurous couple and loved the places she took us to, many of which were off the beaten path. She also scoped the best spots for us, including the beach of our actual ceremony which we had practically all to ourselves! The whole time, Angela kept it fun and stress-free, telling us stories and jokes and not putting us into awkward or forced poses. She even gave us great tips for our honeymoon in Hawaii, including places we would have never found on our own. We had both a wedding and an afterglow shoot which was the best decision as it gave us two amazing sets of photos, each with its own unique feel. Plus we got a good feel for Angela's style before our big day. When it came to it, we were so comfortable that we asked Angela to drive the show which she did brilliantly. The photos turned out perfect! Angela's style really captures the romance in the moment and emphasizes the beauty of the natural landscapes. Were even planning on blowing some of the photos up onto canvas to display around the house. We highly recommend Angela and can't thank her enough! We'll definitely hoping to catch her again the next time we're in Maui.