Angela Tam - Professional Makeup Artist and Hair Design Team

Sierra Madre, CA

Beauty Group Bookings, Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Eyelash Extensions, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Beauty

80 W Sierra Madre Blvd, Sierra Madre, CA (626) 524-6210

Reviewed on 1/28/2017 Stephanie Mejias H

Angela really was an answered prayer. My photographer double booked so I had to change my wedding time, canceling the makeup & hair appt I already had elsewhere. With two days to make all these changes Angela responded to my email quickly, offered a great price and was able to... Read More work with my limited time frame. According to gps I arrived on time but couldn't find the location exactly. Due to this, we lost a little bit of time but she worked efficiently with every level of kindness, warmth and professionalism. I looked beautiful for my wedding and could've have imagined that day without Angela. You won't regret choosing to go with Angela.

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Pallavi B

Angela did the hair/makeup for me and my party for my wedding reception. After searching for makeup artists on yelp, I was lucky to find Angela. Despite not having a trial session (due to poor last minute planning on my part) Angela gave me the exact hair/makeup look I wanted.... Read More Additionally, she did a splendid job with my party. Her patience and professionalism throughout the process was commendable, and she really does know how to take care of a bride on her special day!

Reviewed on 12/01/2016

Angela is AWESOME!! Due to special reason I had wedding for 2 days. Before wedding she showed me 2 styles of makeup and hair during the makeup trial. My mother felt one of the style did not fit me well and decided to change to different style. she was nice to offer another... Read More makeup trial appointment for me and listened to my wishes. On my wedding day she arrived on time and finished on time. She worked efficiently and professional. I am glad I hired her to be my makeup artist for both days of my wedding! Thank you Angela!!

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Jillian M

Angela was great! She made my mom and I look amazing for my wedding. She's great at both hair and make-up! It's great that she travelled to me the morning of my wedding, which greatly helped. She was flexible when the "morning of timeline" changed only a few days before the... Read More wedding. She's also very personable and we had good conversations during the preview and "day-of" hair and make-up sessions.

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Shimul P

This review is way over due. I can't express how lucky I felt to have stumbled upon Angela Tam Makeup Team on yelp page 4 months prior to my wedding. She is by far one of the best makeup artist I have had do my makeup, she is very talented and pays close attention to details.... Read More I've had four different makeup artists do my makeup and hair for my Indian Wedding with South Asian Bridal Makeup. The makeup from the other artists were either too dark and bold for my taste or they were too muted and seemed like something I can do. Angela Tam really listened to what I had to say about the look I was going for and truly delivered. Angela created just the perfect Smoky Eye with a hint of Color to created the perfect look for all three events over 2 days, Sangeet, Hindu Ceremony and Reception. She designed just the perfect combo for all 3 of my wedding dresses. I got married on Sept of this year, and was one of the hottest day of the season. My hindu ceremony were outdoor at noon under the hot sun. I was beyond concerned that the makeup would melt away before I even had a chance to walk down the aisle. But this didn't happen, the makeup stayed the whole day, until Angela came back to create the 2nd look for my Reception. Angela's has the best technique in Indian Bridal Hair Styles. She created three very different hair styles for all 3 of my events, each has a unique element to enhance the dresses. Angela was able to create a beautiful hair design that really hold up the Extra Heavy Indian Dupatta Veil for my Hindu Ceremony, AMAZING! I also to mention, that Angela's Makeup Team had also done an excellent job on all 8 of my bridesmaids, and 5 family members. Every one was very beautiful and very satisfy. I would highly recommend Angela Tam for your Indian South Asian Wedding!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Lia H

I found Angela Tam while searching on Yelp and am so glad I went with her. I needed my hair and makeup done for a photo shoot I was having the following day. She gave me EXACTLY the look I was going for and knew what she was doing. I have never had a great experience getting my... Read More makeup done and wish I'd known about her for my wedding day. Aside from being talented, she is super easy to talk to and made me want to hang out and chat with her for hours. I will definitely be contacting her in the future when I need to look my best again. Thank you so much Angela Tam! My pictures turned out super awesome.

Reviewed on 9/01/2016

I chose Angela Tam for makeup and hair styling for my daughter's wedding and it was a decision none of us would regret. After interviewing other vendors for this I specifically chose Angela Tam for her professional and creative attitude and ability, her attention to details and... Read More needs and her calm and knowledgeable demeanor in handling a bride, her mother and bridesmaids without losing focus. Despite my daughter's skin problem with facial rosacea and my 50+ wrinkles, we both looked beautiful and picture perfect throughout the wedding and reception photography which means so much. I would definitely use Angela Tam's services again for myself and friends.

Fabulous

Reviewed on 1/07/2015 Amy T

Angela did my wedding makeup for my December wedding in Malibu. She was absolutely fabulous! I did a trial with her a month and a half before the wedding and she listened to my feedback and on my wedding day everything came out absolutely perfect. I asked for a very... Read More natural look for my daytime wedding and that's what I got. Angela arrived at my venue on time and did the makeup for me and my maid of honor. Words can't express how incredibly happy I was!

Indian Wedding - Best South Asian Bridal Makeup Artist

Reviewed on 7/27/2013

If I could give 6 stars, I would! You cannot go wrong with Angela Tam and her team! I am not just saying this because I just got married and still going through wedding high. When I got engaged 1 years ago, the first and only vendor that I knew I wanted to lock down for sure was... Read More Angela Tam. I used her services for my sister's Indian Wedding and I absolutely loved the results. My makeup was flawless and my hairdo actually stayed intact the entire day, which is impossible for my pin straight coarse South Asian hair. I booked her way in advance for my big day and throughout the 1 years of planning, I made several changes to the contract ( adding a lot of people, changing the timeline..etc) for my 3 days of Indian Wedding Celebrations. At no time did she seemed frustrated or made me feel uncomfortable, even though I personally was annoyed with myself for submitting her through those changes. She is always very professional and prompt to reply to any questions you may have. On the day of the wedding, she showed up early and was all ready to go and deliver the service within the agreed time frame ( actually, with some time to spare!). It was the same way for my sister's wedding, so clearly that's just how professional she is! Some reviewers say that she is pricey but I actually disagree. If you ask around, professional makeup artists charge a lot more and that's not including hair. I find her price very reasonable in comparison to other vendors and it is a guaranteed satisfaction! I know for sure that if I just tell her to surprise me with a makeup/hairdo, she will do an incredible job. You can't go wrong with Angela Tam and her staff. Thank you so much for making me beautiful on my special day! I could not have been more pleased with the results!

Super Thank You!

Reviewed on 7/11/2013 Maria F

Angela Tam's team is truly the best, elite hair/makeup vendor in Southern CA. If you are a bride to be, and want to look like a beautiful, blushing bride on your wedding day, schedule a consult with Angela ASAP!!! I must admit, when I first came to see Angela, I was a... Read More skeptic. I didn't understand WHY anyone would want to spend so much money on hair/makeup, so I did my share of "shopping" around. I talked to various other makeup artists, and even booked a trial with someone else, and I was just not sold by any of them. Then I remembered Angela. I reached back out to Angela about 5 months prior to my wedding day and needless to say, since Angela's so popular, she told me she was already booked :( However, she told me a few of her master artists were still available, and sent me their portfolio. I looked thru all the photos and decided I wanted to book with Denise and that was honest to God, the best decision ever. I did my trial with Denise not long after I found out she's available for my wedding day and Denise was really sweet :) I even invited one of my friends who is a makeup guru to join me at the trial...she had a lot to say, lol! Denise was patient with the both of us - she offered her advice as a professional but really listened to my wishes as her client. She made me feel at ease - she was good at both hair and makeup, which apparently is really hard to find, but a common skill set for Angela's Team :) Needless to say, I was super blown away by Denise that I booked her right away! On my wedding day, Denise and her assistant arrived on time at the hotel and went to work. Both Denise & her assistant made me and my bridal party feel at ease :) I felt like a beautiful bride and was also very happy to see all my girls and my mom so done up and radiant! I cannot thank Denise enough for coming through for me!!!

Professional, Efficient and AMAZING

Reviewed on 6/07/2013 Sheena I

Somehow amidst all the wedding planning to dos I somehow ended up without a make up artist with less than two weeks to my wedding. As complete panic set in I was desperate to find someone but I didn't want to sacrifice quality. I came across Angela Tam's information on yelp... Read More and after a satisfying perusal of her portfolio I emailed her hoping with fingers crossed that she would be available. Contrary to all odds she was available and I had a make up artist. I was very nervous despite the rave reviews she had and her beautiful portfolio. Due to my last minute booking I wasn't able to have a trial and we were only able to communicate via email and pictures prior to the wedding day. I do not wear a lot of make up on a regular basis and was a bit intimidated by the large rolling case she brought with her. However, I should have never worried. Angela is a true professional fast and efficient she had me looking my best in an hour flat. Once everything was done and revealed I was SO happy with the result. I've never looked better. She gave me an amazing look that was elegant and natural and beautiful. She even convinced me to do fake eyelashes which I didn't think I needed but after seeing them I can't imagine my look being complete without them. I am truly grateful to her for the amazing work she did and for making me look the most beautiful bride on my wedding day.

loved it :)

Reviewed on 11/27/2012 Kelly C

Angela is such a talented makeup artist! She did a great job with everything, but it is a little pricey after adding everything up.

AMAZING

Reviewed on 9/30/2012 Leticia H

Angela is AMAZING!!! her work was great, I had so many compliments the day of my wedding. Not only is her work great, but so is she. Angela was very sweet and knew exactly what I wanted. I would definitely recommend her and would use her services again!

Perfect!

Reviewed on 9/24/2012 Tess D

One word to describe Angela - "AWESOME". Angela did my bridal party's wedding makeup as well as my mom's for my Sept. 9 wedding. She was amazing from start to finish. She was very professional and came on time. She came with another makeup artist. Everyone looked beautiful... Read More afterwards. What I like about Angela is that she really cares for her clients. She gave me a good suggestion of booking the room overlooking the ceremony site so that I can see the guests when they arrived. It was the perfect location. I didn't feel like a missed much before the ceremony because I could here the prelude music and see the guests arriving beforehand. Angela is also flexible. Two weeks before the wedding, I had to add 4 bridesmaids to get their hair and makeup done and she accommodated them. Everyone was complimenting our makeup. We all felt beautiful that day. My hair and makeup was different from my preview but she didn't miss a beat when I asked her to change it on the wedding day and it came out exactly how I wanted. She was easy and fun to work with. Such a nice person! The perfect makeup artist for any bride who wants to have a stress-free wedding day. She stayed throughout the ceremony and reception to take some shots and even helped me change my hairstyle for the reception. Book Angela and her team and you will not be disappointed!

Professional Team and Great Work!

Reviewed on 9/16/2012 Kimberlee N

A friend recommended Angela to me and very pleased with results. I'm from out of town, but had my wedding in California so wasn't able to meet with her for trial run. I was happy with the final result. She's experienced and asked questions on what look I was aiming for.... Read More Angela and staff were professional, courteous, and great to work with. We communicated via e-mail and she had a good response time. We had a total of 8 people getting hair and makeup and there were 3 staff including Angela. I would highly recommend Angela and team for hair and makeup for any event.

GREAT EXPERIENCE

Reviewed on 9/13/2012 shirley y

Angelina and her team were a pleasure to be around! they did an amazing job on me and my many bridesmaids. we felt so comfortbale around her and she had great ideas for my hair and make-up.!! they were very professional and knowledgeable with their works! Highly recommend their... Read More team!

Beautiful

Reviewed on 9/07/2012 Anosheh A

The makeup for my wedding was great. I got lots of compliments. Angela's team was able to do hair and makeup for a large group (6 bridesmaids and 2 family members) and got everyone ready on time. Angela even provided a much-needed touch up after being outside in the heat.... Read More Her work is great, thanks!

Fantastic hair and makeup team!

Reviewed on 8/31/2012 Julie W

Angela does an INCREDIBLE job to make her brides look their absolute best the day of! She is sweet and easy to work with, and is very responsive to emails and calls. For my trial, she traveled to me for a comparable price to other vendors' trials at their salons, making my... Read More life easier during a very crazy time! She spent a significant amount of time with me, trying two different styles and not rushing through anything. Then, she did not complain or flinch when I changed my hair style (based on a change of veil) AGAIN the week before the wedding and sent her a new picture. The day of, Angela's presence put everyone at ease. When I wanted something very slightly adjusted in my hair-do, she was more than happy to do it. YOU make the decisions with Angela -- she gives advice and guidance, but makes it very clear that her brides are in charge! I was a little nervous about choosing my hair and makeup artist, but Angela exceeded all my expectations! I highly, highly recommend her!

For My Bridal - Preview

Reviewed on 6/28/2012 Laurie L

Angela helped me for my Bridal - Preview make up last weekend. She is professional with so much passion and with very quick response. She can make the makeup so natural and bright. I'm very grateful she arrange my appointment during her busy schedule. She also provided me the... Read More touchup kit for freshen so my makeup and my hair can last all day long. You will be feel great to work with her and surely you will have no regrets for choosing her for your makeup.

AT MAKE_UP PRO

Reviewed on 5/16/2012 violet W

Angela and her team are AWESOME! Words cannot express how gorgeous my 4 bridesmaids, 2 moms looked at my May 5th, 2012 wedding. As for me, traffic stopping!!! Angela did my pre-view make-up several weeks prior to my wedding. At the preview session, we talked about different... Read More options for my make-up and she made some wonderful recommendations. She is the expert here, so listen to her suggestions!!!! Also, I suffer form rosacea and pigmentation issues, BUT Angela was able to transform my skin to PURE FLAWLESS PERFECTION! Unfortunately, Angela wasn't able to do my make-up for the wedding, but promised that her senior artist is able to recreate the make-up! Day of wedding: the artists arrived on time. Very sweet, professional and FAST! We all had a blast during the session. The bridesmaids looked gorgeous and the mom's looked beautiful. The senior artist was able to re-create my make-up (per Angela's photos), which I was so excited about!!!! During the reception, I got so many compliments from our guests. I can't wait to post professional pictures. Although the make-up service is on the pricier side, let me tell you, that it is so WORTH IT. Get cheaper linens, but don't be cheap about your make-up!!

Such a transformation

Reviewed on 5/15/2012 Paul C

Angela is very nice and professional. She is very skilled with makeup and hair and she did it all by herself under two hours. I felt very relaxed in her hands and she did an amazing job with both. I really like how natural I look and how the makeup stay throughout the event.... Read More I look beautiful in person and in pictures, which is hard to accomplish. I didn't have a trial run with her but through communication via phone and email, she was able to capture what I need and want for the day. Very professional!

hair

Reviewed on 2/13/2012 Linda L

I showed her the stlye I wanted and my dress. She matched it prefectly. Everyone love my hair and makeup. I felt like a million bucks. Shes is affordable and when she did my hair it was really light and comfortable.

Friendly and Fantastic!

Reviewed on 10/28/2011 Hope B

Angelina and her staff were amazing and truly wonderful to work with. From the moment we met at the trial I knew she’d do a fabulous job beautifying me and my girls. She was responsive and flexible to my ever changing contract. On the day of our wedding she showed up earlier... Read More than anticipated with two assistants, and was ready to go in no time. I arranged for my five bridesmaids, my mom, mother-in-law, and our Officiant (who was a dear friend), as well as myself, to be done up. Each beautician took their time to really perfect everyone’s hair and make-up. When something was a little off, everyone was more than willing to jump in to make the necessary changes. They didn’t pack up until I had given the final ok on everyone’s look and despite the large bridal party, we finished early and in perfect timing for pictures. All day long people came up to me and expressed how fabulous my hair and make-up looked and the girls agreed. Looking over some of the pictures, I’m so glad I went with Angelina; she did an amazing job and everyone looked fabulous! She was a true pleasure to work with and she did a fabulous job. Even my mom was happy, and she’s a tough cookie to please

THE BEST Make-up artist/hair stylist!!!

Reviewed on 10/15/2011 Thanhya B

Angelina did my hair and makeup for my wedding. She took the stress out of who would do my hair and make-up and make me feel beautiful for my special day. When I found Angelina through a website, my wedding was only weeks away. I only communicated with Angelina through email. I... Read More sent her a few recent pictures of me and some examples of what I wanted my hair to look like on my wedding day. I didn't even get the chance to have a trial run with her on my hair and make-up. That didn't make a difference though. She was prompt, professional, and a pleasure to work with! I didn't even discuss the kind of make-up I wanted, but I told her briefly and she made my makeup look EXACTLY how I pictured it! My hair was EXACTLY how I pictured it as well. Angelina was just wonderful! I highly recommend her services! Without her on my wedding day, I don't know how I would have looked. Thank you for making me feel absolutely beautiful Angelina!

happ bride

Reviewed on 10/07/2011 maria luz d

Angelina did my hair and make-up on my wedding day and she did a GREAT JOB! I had so much confidence on her because she's professional and she knew what she's doing.She made me looked so beautiful on my special day and I received a lot of compliments from my family,friends and... Read More especially from my husband.I'm sooo happy and satisfied of her service.I'm glad I found you online.It's worth it! Thank you Angelina Tam.God bless!