Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Fashion

126 State Street , Albany, NY

Love Angela's Bridal

Reviewed on 10/13/2014 Karen V

I was recently married in September and purchased my dress from Angela's. Angela's was the only bridal shop I needed to go to when looking for my dress because they had exactly what I was looking for. My consultant Nora was very helpful and attentive during the first time trying... Read More on dresses. The shop is beautiful and by appointment only, so it was a relaxing experience with only me and another bride in the store during the appointment. Angela's staff is on top of everything and alerted me immediately when my dress arrived. The seamstress team was very highly skilled and made the dress look even more beautiful. I had an issue with my final fitting due to unintended weight loss so the seamstress ensured she would fix the dress and it would still be ready on time (I was not charged for the second revision which was nice). The prices at Angela's aren't that bad, but the environment and customer service is well worth the extra cost than going to a place like David's Bridal. I would recommend this shop to anyone getting married in the Capital Region.

Dress Heaven

Reviewed on 10/02/2014 Amanda B

I highly recommend this Bridal shop. I wasn't expecting to spend as much as this on my dress, but it was totally worth it. I went into the store with specific ideas of what I wanted. The lady who helped me -Nora- found me my dream dress immediately! It was all in all a magical... Read More experience. They treated me with respect, discretion and kindness. The dresses are absolutely gorgeous. They have many styles and the designers will custom make the dress you choose. I had an outdoor farm style wedding and my dress was more romantic than I could have hoped. Magic!

Loved this dress shop!

Reviewed on 11/04/2013 Mandy M

I loved everything about this dress shop! They made me feel so extremely comfortable and I would have bought my dress here in an instant if it would have been closer to my home in WNY and I could have easily made the trip there with family and friends. Highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Valerie H

I was given many recommendations to check out Angela's Bridal. Boy, was I amazed!! First of all, the ambiance inside makes you feel like you're walking into wedding dress heaven. The staff there was nothing short of amazing. I felt as if all my wants and concerns were heard. My... Read More mom, aunt, and I had so much fun that I even bought my dress during my first wedding dress trip!! Thank you Angela's Bridal for making my wedding dress experience one to remember.

Reviewed on 9/02/2016 Hannah B

The second you walk into the building, you are taken back by the beautiful marble walls, the stunning (and well displayed) dresses, as well as the smiling staff that feels like family! They truly make you feel on cloud nine, the way every bride should feel! Many of the samples... Read More were of an average size, allowing those of all sizes try it on without feeling self conscious and without losing the integrity of the dress. In addition to purchasing my beautiful Sottero & Midgley dress there, my bridesmaids bought their Bill Levkoff gowns there as well. From start to finish, Angela's worked with me on whatever I needed, whether it was a last minute alteration or to accommodate out of town bridesmaids. Thank you SO much for making my wedding dress dreams come true!!

Reviewed on 7/22/2016 Kara B

I recently got married on July 3rd, 2016. I started searching for my wedding dress in NYC and Vermont but unfortunately did not find anything that was right for me. Upon visiting Angela's Bridal, I was very pleased with their romantic but sexy selection of bridal gowns. The... Read More selection offered something for every bride. My consultant Nora said all the right things at the right times when I was considering the dresses. I walked away with the dress of my dreams at a very reasonable rate. Make sure you try out their sample sales! Great experience, thanks Angela's Bridal :)

Reviewed on 6/22/2016 Loneke B

Angela's Bridal is a boutique of superb professionals! I grew up driving by their original shop, and hearing of them for decades. They are an Albany staple. I was so excited that Angela's was the place where I found my wedding gown. Their marble-clad downtown location gives an... Read More air of NYC in Albany. Their wide gown selection was exactly what I was looking for. Working with their consultants made life easy. As an out of town bride, they were accommodating to my schedule. It was easy to find my dress (the showstopper) here, and it fit like a glove. Supporting this family-owned, fabulous business in my hometown was one of my best decisions!

Reviewed on 5/15/2016 Olivia G

Angela's Bridal is the BEST place to go if you are looking for not only the best wedding gown, but also that once-in-a-lifetime experience. Nora was my bridal consultant, and she was AMAZING! We live in NC but were getting married in NY. I actually found my dress in NC, but... Read More wanted that "experience" with my mom and sisters who live in NY. So my mom called around some shops to see if they had the dress I liked in their stock. Angela's Bridal had it. So, we made an appointment and I flew up there. I am SOOOOO happy I did! From the second you walk in, you feel special. The staff is great and welcomed us. Nora already had my dress in one of the dressing rooms, but told my family they could pick out anything they wanted me to try on. She took all the dresses we picked out and helped me put them on one-by-one. We had even brought in champagne and everything! Then, we put my dress on last. I knew right away that it was "the one". Nora walked us into the front of the store so I could stand in front of their big windows and see what it looked like with the natural light hitting it. She helped us narrow down a veil and everything. After I officially said "yes" to the dress, we had about 30 minutes left in our appointment, so she told us we could hang out in the back by the dressing room and finish our champagne and just enjoy the moment. I really appreciated that! It was honestly the BEST experience!! Since I was a destination bride, Angela's Bridal worked with my schedule to help schedule my fittings. I didn't need it hemmed so they gave me a great discount on the price of my alterations. Plus, even though months would pass between when I would see them, every time I walked in there everyone remembered me! Every time I went there I felt as special as I did the first time I put my dress on. Nora was amazing and the whole staff was awesome. I would HIGHLY recommend getting your gown at Angela's Bridal!!

Reviewed on 1/31/2016 Colleen D

Angela's Bridal is a beautiful store with a lot of options. Nora goes above and beyond to really help you find your dream dress. I loved everything about my experience at Angela's Bridal except i felt that the dress was still a little too big in the breast area. Other then that,... Read More i felt they were great to work with, very responsive and really help you put your look together!

Reviewed on 1/21/2016 Alisandra C

The staff at Angela's bridal was amazing! Upon first arriving i spoke with the consultant about what I was looking for and my budget. She never brought me a dress that was over my budget unless I was to choose it. All in all they knew me better than I knew myself and her choice... Read More of dress was the one I chose! Best part is, we stayed under my budget including veil. Alterations were done there, and they did them perfectly. I would tell anyone to go to Angela's bridal!

GREAT bridal boutique!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Lindsey O

From the moment you walk in, you are blown away by the beauty of both the building and dresses. There is the perfect number of dresses so it's not overwhelming (Kleinfelds), but there is certainly enough from which to choose. I think of it as quality over quantity. I had a great... Read More experience picking out my dress. The sales girl was very helpful and knowledgeable. It was not Angela's fault, but my dress took 12 months to come in and arrived just under 4 weeks before the wedding (cue the stress!) They got me right in for alterations that day and I went back the next week. I did have an issue when I showed up the Tuesday before my wedding and an important alteration hadn't been done (the seamstress apparently did not understand the ticket and did not ask). They had it done immediately, though, apologized profusely and took $100 off my alterations. The owner is lovely and the sales girls are all very friendly. They have a lot of bridesmaids dresses from w hich to choose and the dresses my girls ordered all came in quickly. Despite the stress the week of the wedding, I would highly recommend them!!

Reviewed on 10/11/2015 Amy K

Angela's Bridal went above and beyond to ensure that the dress I selected fit exactly as I wanted! Received many compliments on my dress and couldn't be happier with the results.

Reviewed on 6/06/2015 Theresa R

Angela's bridal was spectacular! From start to finish, with champagne toast when I said "yes to the dress" to being called to remind/confirm each appointment, the experience was great. I truly felt special at each appointment. I received one on one attention from the store... Read More owner, seamstress and other employees which is important to a bride. I recommend Angela's bridal to anybody.

Reviewed on 5/12/2015 Erin B

Great place! Friendly staff! Beautiful gowns!

Reviewed on 2/05/2015 Kristen J

I will say Angela's has beautiful dresses and great pricing. Beyond that- they are terrible. If you purchase your dress here- fine- I just don't suggest you get you alternation done there. They are un willing to go up and beyond to make a customer happy. I was NOT happy...

2015-02-10T12:08:11 Response from the vendor

We are very sorry to hear that you weren’t happy with our service. We take pride in always going above and beyond in order for our customers to have a great experience with us. Can you elaborate on your experience? What in particular were you... Read Less Read More

Excellent service, beautiful dress

Reviewed on 11/02/2014 Jeff K

My wife got her wedding dress from Angela's. She had an excellent experience from start to finish. The consultants were very attentive and helpful and made the entire dress selection process stress-free. Appointments were very flexible to accommodate my wife's schedule. The... Read More owner herself makes all of the alterations to wedding dresses and did an excellent job. The dress was very beautiful!

Reviewed on 9/15/2014 Kathleen R

I would like to share my story to hopefully prevent another bride from going through what I had to in dealing with this salon. My dress needed to be hemmed, a bustle placed & to be pressed. I had 4 fittings, each time an issue with the dress. I was dealing with the owner Janet.... Read More At the fitting Janet would come in the room for 5-10 minutes. She would verbally dictate alterations to a young staff member that had a confused blank look on her face. I never met the actual seamstress. I was concerned each fitting. The dress was unevenly hemmed up until the week of my wedding, hem was too short in the front, sides too long and flipping up so you could see the under side. I was told all of these issue would be fixed every time I brought them to the staff and Janet’s attention. In the end the front of the dress remained too short and the hem continued to flip up. I not only was stuck with a dress they had done a botch job on, they did not make sure to re-state they wanted $350 in cash only for the [email protected] up the week of my wedding. If a business feels telling someone this information by putting it on paperwork 6 months prior to the date of pick up or hanging a sign on the wall like you would see at a convenience store acceptable as a standard of practice that is unfortunate. I was at the salon 3 times the week of my wedding,they did not bring this up until my maid of honor went to pick up the dress the day before my wedding. They had this poor girl walk in the rain to an ATM in order to get $350 in cash for them to release the dress. What type of a business runs this way! I spent thousands of dollars and this is what they do over $350. They could have easily taken credit as a hold. Myself and 3 bridesmaids were almost 2 hrs late to my rehearsal. I cried the entire way there because of it all. What a terrible thing for this establishment to put a bride though the day before her wedding no less. The week following my wedding I contacted Janet. It was drawn out over two weeks of me articulating all that was done wrong & all she was willing to do was refund me my money back for the alterations and state not to contact her any further. She ruined the way my dressed looked on my wedding day, my pictures are there to forever represent this. She negatively impacted my memories and my emotional state throughout it all. A business owner that conducts their establishment in this manner should attend a seminar on customer service & character building to understanding what the proper way is to handle these situations! I foolishly trusted & allowed this woman to have part in my wedding dress and experience. I chose a wedding dress that was supposed to be a certain way. The dress was not what it was suppose to be. I will have my wedding pictures the rest of my life to be reminded of the poor quality that Angela’s bridal provided. I am a professional and reasonable person that was just looking for someone to be a decent business owner/human being in taking ownership for the mistakes that occurred. The right thing to do would have been to at the least offer a portion of the money spent on the dress back to compensate for this entire situation as a sign of an understanding of all the wrong doing that had occurred. Instead the owner of this salon chooses to continue to not take accountability in regards to this specific situation. I feel I would have gotten more customer service from a low end bridal store than I did a "high end”.

Reviewed on 9/04/2014 Brittany H

Janet, Nora and the rest of the ladies at Angela's Bridal were nothing short of amazing. I attended their Black Friday trunk show 2 years before my wedding and found the perfect dress on my first visit! Even though I had an idea of what I was looking for Jess put me in plenty of... Read More different styles to make sure I saw all of my options. Flash forward 2 years later and the alterations process was just as pleasant as the shopping experience. While it took multiple fittings to get everything just right- Nora, Janet, and Kela were extremely patient and meticulous- making sure that my dress fit perfectly!! Add on 10 bridesmaids dresses all of which were also a grand slam and I can't say thank you enough! For brides looking for an amazing selection, incredible value, and superior customer service this is the place to go!!!!

Great Experience!

Reviewed on 9/02/2014 Briana K

Very friendly and helpful staff! Great environment! Great selection! Overall, perfect bridal experience!

Perfect Veil

Reviewed on 8/28/2014 Carly I

I didn't get my dress here because I had it made from my mom's, however, I did try on dresses here. I also purchased my veil from Angela's which was amazingly made locally! I thought it was so great they had not just designer names but also support local businesses. Their staff... Read More was outstanding every time I visited! Their store space is also wonderful - overall spectacular experience!

Stay away- Owner is horrible & staff are rude

Reviewed on 6/19/2014 MARIA G

Long story short. They promised things & did not deliver. My girls dresses didn't arrive until 2 weeks before the wedding and 3 girls live out of state so it was a pain for alterations. Angela's would not cover the cost of alterations either even with the circumstances. We... Read More were promised that the dresses would arrive weekly for over a month. Ridiculous. The owner is cold and heartless. After having my dress for 3 months- then they told decide to tell me alterations start at $450 & could go up to $700. I then purchase a new/sample dress from them and she wouldn't even spot clean the dirt mark on the dress. Even after I had all the bridal party 6 dresses, 3 flower girls, 1 junior bridesmaid purchased there. One staff person in particular is snotty and rude. I would never recommend anyone going there. The only person there who has any type of compassion and customer loyalty is Nora. She is great & the only reason i went back. I feel bad that she is associated with this place.

2014-06-24T12:59:25 Response from the vendor

Dear Maria, We are sorry to hear you feel this way. You did not purchase your dress with us and there way no way of us to know the amount of work needed, on the dress prior to your alteration appointment. We did offer you... Read Less Read More

Great Service

Reviewed on 6/17/2014 Erin P

The staff at Angela’s Bridal is helpful and polite, and very knowledgeable and pleasant to work with. I asked for a custom alteration including detaching and reattaching the entire skirt- a bigger request then most brides I am certain, but Janet and the seamstress were... Read More accommodating to my vision, and the quality of the alterations was exceptional. Angela's truly provided me with my dream dress.

Perfect Dress

Reviewed on 1/27/2014 Mia M

Nora, Janet, and the rest of the staff at Angela's made my vision of a dress possible! They had such great insight on how a dress could be customized to fit a certain body type and how to make the bride comfortable.

Beautiful dress

Reviewed on 11/26/2013 Jennifer C

The experience I had with my dress was great however my bridesmaids had a difficult time. Every single one of their dresses had to be altered, not even close with sizes...

Friendly and fantastic!

Reviewed on 11/17/2013 Andrea

Went here for a bridesmaid appointment when the shop was on Western, thinking I'd never be able to afford their bridal gowns. Marlene showed me the discontinued dresses and the second one I tried on made my mom cry. It was perfect and completely in my budget. Even though I... Read More didn't get one of their couture dresses, they still made me feel like a million bucks. Highly recommend their alterations too. They are the best!

Start a Conversation!