Ann & Kam Photography & Cinema

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

639 W Diversey, Chicago, IL

Honeymoon shoot

Reviewed on 10/25/2015

We hired Ann & Kam to come and capture special moments on our honeymoon in Italy. Not only are they true professionals but we we're blown away with the results. They had researched previously where to go in Italy where the best pictures would be. Guided us and really... Read More were a pleasure to work with. We are still getting compliments on our pictures to this day. Highly highly recommended !

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Adriana D

Ann & Kam were beyond wonderful to work with from the very beginning. I took a recommendation from a close friend who did her engagement pictures and I am so glad I did. We first met Ann & Kam for our engagement shots and immediately loved them. They are both so professional and... Read More fun to work with. I love the creativity and ideas they add to every shot. It is clear they are both very passionate about their job. Also, they are both so diligent with editing the pictures… while enjoying our honeymoon we woke up to our wedding sneak peek! I didn’t even have to bother them once, they were on it! Initially we decided against the short video, after watching a few created by Kam…we decided this is something we should not skip. His videos evoke so much emotion they are truly amazing. Check them out on the blog. Our wedding photos are unbelievably gorgeous we had a few requests and Ann & Kam made them happen. 300 guests gathered on the Uihlean plaza steps at the Chicago History Museum… EPIC is the only word I have to describe it. The best part of working with Ann & Kam is the incredibly thoughtful messages they post on their blog with the engagement & wedding photos. They surely know how to make you feel extra special during this wonderful time in your life. They are worth absolutely every penny… I highly recommend spending the money on your photographers (Ann & Kam) because after the whirlwind of the best day of your life… this is what you have as memories! We certainly have the BEST.

Best wedding photographers in Chicago!.. Anywhere!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Wendy Y

Our wedding photos were the one thing we wanted to splurge on because it was the thing you will remember and keep forever from that day. So we didn't mind the cost as long as it was worth it. Ann and Kam were amazing from day one when we emailed and were so so so worth the... Read More price! We met each other first before deciding to go with them (and them with us) which was good because we could see if we would be a good personality fit. We had researched lots of photographers so we already knew we liked their style (illustrative - a blend of photojournalism candid as things go photos and some posed portrait). You can see from their photos that they are amazing at catching movement in crisp shots. On our first meeting we ended up talking for an hour just getting to know each other! We had been engaged for a while so we weren't too into the engagement photos thing but I highly recommend it because it gives you and your partner a chance to get used to getting photographed. Ann and Kam were great at making us feel comfortable and natural and even gave us suggestions that came out looking super natural! They even worked with us to do our engagement photos in Wisconsin because we both had family out there! Prior to the day of, they helped us map out our day to make sure we had all the shots we wanted (along with suggestions). And before the day was over, they made sure we had every shot we wanted before they called it a night. Ann and Kam are amazing photographers, a great team (two photographers for the price of one!) and are just all around fun people! We've gotten along so well, my husband and I consider them our new friends! I would recommend them to anyone for any event, especially wedding photos!

magical shoot with Ann & Kam

Reviewed on 10/21/2015

Your special day will go by very fast. It feels like a fairy tale and like a series of magical and surreal events filled with joy, but they only last for that one special day. Unfortunately, Ann & Kam were booked for our wedding day, so we decided to book them for a honeymoon... Read More shoot and make the magic last a little longer! I had admired their work for quite some time. They truly captured our emotions and gave just enough direction to keep it natural yet looking phenomenal. Every picture was beautiful and every single one had their amazing fairy dust touch that adds that "je ne sais quoi".

The Kindest People You'll Ever Meet - and They're Good Photographers Too!

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Kacey A

Many brides and grooms may overlook how important it is to have a positive energy around you at all times on your wedding day. It's a busy day and any negativity is really unwelcome. Your wedding photographers are with you the ENTIRE day - probably more than anyone, definitely... Read More more than any other vendor - so it is critical to have photographers who are peaceful, kind, warm, and just all-around good. Ann and Kam are those people. They are also, of course, incredibly talented photographers. They have an eye for dramatic light and catch the most intimate of moments. I am so glad we worked with them and recommend them completely!!

Amazing People Who Know How to Capture Moments!

Reviewed on 10/18/2015 Gordana R

Ann and Kam are phenomenal! They truly enjoy what they do, and their charismatic and positive attitude brings smiles to our faces! For people who don't typically take many pictures, they made taking wedding pictures SO MUCH FUN. They are extremely talented - always pushing to... Read More find the best lighting, best shots and above all, they do everything they can to capture the moment which is what amazing photographers can do! We enjoyed every minute of working with Ann and Kam, and I think we actually all became friends in the process! Thanks again for everything, Ann and Kam. We can't wait to see our wedding photos!

Wedding 9-5-15

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Patti K

My husband and I were recently married in Downtown Chicago and used Ann & Kam as our photographers. Photos were the most important aspect of my wedding and immediately upon meeting Ann & Kam, I knew we made the right decision. They were not only extremely professional and kind,... Read More but they made us feel at ease the entire day. We recently received our wedding pictures, and to say we were blown away is an understatement. Our pictures are the most beautiful I have ever laid eyes on, and I haven't stopped looking at them every day. Choosing Ann & Kam to document your special day is the BEST decision anyone can make. -Patricia

Drake Wedding, Absolutely Fabulous

Reviewed on 9/22/2015 Mary Claire K

Bride review here! I researched for a long, long time for photographers. I called every single photographer my friends used in the city (all the big names) and I stumbled upon Ann and Kam on Style Me Pretty. I immediately clicked with Ann when talking to her on the phone.... Read More I honestly had never heard of them before but I loved their website and I loved Ann when I talked to her. I kept searching afterward and kept going back to Ann and Kam in my mind. I booked them and let me tell you--they did not disappoint. They pictures were FAB. I absolutely love them with all of my heart. The way they capture light is really unique and I consistently get comments. If you are unsure about them--go with your gut. Also--check out their work on their blog--you will see the fantastic work! I hope you make the same choice that I did!

Captured the joy in our day!

Reviewed on 8/12/2015 Rachel W

My husband and I used Ann & Kam for our wedding this past June in Chicago, and it was one of the best decisions we made! From the moment we met Ann and Kam, we felt comfortable with them. This was very important to two people who don't usually feel very comfortable in front of... Read More the camera! We hired Ann & Kam for engagement photos, wedding photos, and a video. During our engagement session, they listened to what we wanted, and when we didn't know what we wanted, they had fantastic suggestions to capture what we were looking for. After our engagement session, we were even more excited for the wedding to get to work with them again! Fast forward to our wedding - we simply had the best time working with this incredible team. They were never intrusive - I was really hoping to have a special moment with my mom and sisters putting my dress on, which I wanted to capture on film, but was worried whether adding extra people to the mix would be intrusive. Ann, Kam, and their team were able to capture some very sweet moments, and I never once felt like they overstepped their bounds or got in the way. That is just one example, but the entire day was like this. For the first look, they gave us space to talk to each other, to be in the moment, but were able to effectively capture such a special moment. While there were so many great aspects in the day, If we had to focus on one specific thing that we loved about working with Ann and Kam, it was their easy nature. They are a great team, and that expands to everyone they are working with. They never made us feel rushed or nervous, and were able to laugh with the wedding party when we were all goofing off (at one point they were both lying on the ground taking pictures to get a different angle in the middle of Lincoln Park - talk about dedication!). They also got in there with all our family and friends on the dance floor and captured some amazing and hilarious images at the party - if I hadn't seen a camera in one of their hands I probably would have thought they had joined the party (which would have been awesome!). We wholeheartedly recommend Ann & Kam to any couples who are looking for a great team to capture their day and have fun doing it! Thank you Ann & Kam for being so wonderful to work with! Rachel & Aaron

Amazing Wedding Photographers!!

Reviewed on 1/10/2015 Katherine R

Ann and Kam shot my husband and my wedding, as well as our engagement photographs. They were always on time, very professional, and turned our pictures around quickly so that we could see them right away! They gave us direction when we needed it (more so with the engagement... Read More photographs), but worked in the background for the ceremony and reception in order to let us enjoy the day. It put me at ease to see them on the wedding day, as they were so easy-going during the engagement photo shoot. They can really mold to whatever you want as a bride, and can provide any specifics that you want or the relationship you are wanting with your photographers. They are super easy people. Ann was always very responsive to emails/calls and helped to keep the day on track. Kam is very creative and the nicest guy you will meet. They are playful with eachother and you, but also very serious about the quality of their photos. They play off one another and bring out the best professionally (and personally) in eachother. They are cognizant of the lighting, surrounding, and mood. It all comes out in their beautiful photos! We have had so many people mention that when they get married they want our photographers, and it was such a plus that they were also great to work with! They were very reasonable for a Chicago wedding photographer and worth every penny!

Great experience!

Reviewed on 1/08/2015 Emily S

I absolutely LOVED my experience with Ann and Kam for my wedding pictures. Everything about it was a great experience. They were easy and fun to work with prior to the date of the wedding. When planning the photographs for the wedding day I worked with Ann. She listened to what... Read More I wanted and brought up ideas that I hadn't thought of. She listened to what I wanted while adding in great ideas from her experience. The day of the wedding Ann and Kam were on time and present all day long. They were flexible and easy going while also keeping the day moving to ensure that we didn't miss any of the pictures that we wanted. Most importantly the pictures are AMAZING! I cannot stop looking at them. I have received so many compliments on the pictures. I am so happy that Ann and Kam were my photographers.

Ann & Kam Photography - Loved them!

Reviewed on 10/15/2014 Steve M

With all the decisions to be made in planning our wedding, photography was one of the most important aspects for us. In trying to find the right people to capture the joy, love, and memories of our special day, we spoke to dozens of photographers before meeting with Ann &... Read More Kam. Ann & Kam were very welcoming, friendly, and professional. Starting with our first meeting, to our engagement session, and throughout the wedding day - they made us feel very comfortable and natural. They were flexible/accommodating and responsive to the questions and requests that we had. So easy to work with, and the pictures turned out incredibly! We've had a bunch of wonderful comments on our pictures and are just so happy with the results and ultimately our decision to go with Ann & Kam as our wedding photographers!

Amazing photographers!

Reviewed on 10/11/2014 Laura K

We used Ann and Kam for our wedding in September 2014 and they were amazing to work with! Their vision for photos matched our inspiration and made our dream wedding look even dreamier! They were super easy to work with because they were everywhere they needed to be, stayed calm... Read More (even cracked jokes to make me smile) when I had moments of stress, were unobtrusive in our church wedding and did whatever they needed to get the perfect shots! My husband loooved working with them which is great because most of time, guys are indifferent about vendors or the planning process. They were so fun that they even accepted our invitation to stay and dance after our photography package was over. They were slightly expensive compared to the national average but for Chicago photographers, they are very competitively priced. Highly recommend for those with a higher/flexible budget.

Absolutely Wonderful

Reviewed on 10/09/2014 Samantha W

I can't begin to describe what a wonderful job Ann & Kam did for our wedding. The first time we met to do our engagement photos I was almost in tears. We were planning an out of town wedding in Chicago and had found out about 15 minutes before our engagement shoot that our venue... Read More had been sold and that we currently didn't have a place to be married even though we had already planned most of our vendors around that venue. Ann and Kam went out of their way to help us. They took time to cheer us up before the photos, they recommended many replacement venues, and made what was started out as a very rough day into a beautiful photo shoot. As I look at my wedding photos now I am so thrilled! They took all the important pictures, the most unique details shots, hundreds more, and they all look stunning! I really wanted to splurge on photography for my wedding since the photos are one of the few things that last beyond the wedding day. I couldn't be happier with how the pictures turned out and working with Ann & Kam was very enjoyable. My family is still raving about how wonderful they were.

Just look at their website...all the photos are breathtaking

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 Danielle D

After looking at tons of different styles and photographers, I chose Ann and Kam. We had met with other photographers who were less expensive but felt nickel and dimed by all the complex packages and add ons that you really shouldn't have to pay more for (like retouching photos... Read More etc). Just look at their photo galleries, I don't think you will find a better wedding photographer in Chicago. Everyone has commented on how beautiful our photos were, and I can't wait to see our video as well. Both her and her husband are amazing together and very unique in their style.

Our Gatsby-Esque Wedding by Ann + Kam

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 Kelly W

If I had to sum up our experience with Ann and Kam it would into one word to would be AMAZING! They were so fun to work with, we really enjoyed our engagement session, we were a little awkward being in front of the camera and Ann and Kam were really great with helping us with... Read More poses and trying to make us feel confident about acting natural and cute while walking around the city being photographed! But the photos turned out absolutely amazing, the work they do with lighting is fantastic!! But the work they did on our wedding day was over the top amazing. So far I've only seen our sneak peak photos on their blog, but I love everyone of them. Our outdoor photos are seriously gorgeous, I've gotten so many positive compliments on not just how great I looked and my dress, but the amazing photography Ann and Kam produced. It is really worth every penny, I literally can not wait to see the rest of my photos, I know they will all be just as amazing! They were very up front with me about my unrealistic expectations of traveling around Chicago and wanting hundreds of photos in tons of locations, in 2.5 hours...which was great that they don't promise what they know cannot be done. They were very good about getting all of the shots I wanted, and at the end of the night asked me if there are any additional shots that are important to me that I wanted before they left. Which I'm glad they did b/c there were a few I was able to squeeze in before they left. They are truly talented and so good at what they do, hire them and you will not be disappointed. They are AMAZING :)

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 Laurel S

Choosing Ann and Kam was one of the best decisions we made in the whole wedding planning process. The pictures turned out more beautifully than I could have imagined. A few clicks through the albums on their website will show you how talented they are, but what their website... Read More can't convey is how professional and fun they are to work with. Ann is very responsive to any questions, and they had a lot of nice touches, such as giving us a little wedding planning gift box when we first met them.They were very flexible in creating a custom package for us and even shot a little of our rehearsal dinner. We received links to "sneak peaks" after our engagement session and wedding within a couple days, which was so fun. Ann also worked with me to create the perfect album and even sent me a digital version to look at before going to print, to be sure we absolutely loved the pics and layout. Our images were also available for us (and any guests we shared login info with) to order individual prints, which were good quality and very affordable. They are great at capturing those spontaneous moments of genuine emotion, and they have good understanding of light. What's funny is that I don't remember them shooting a lot of my favorite pictures--they are like wedding ninjas, somehow everywhere at once without ever really being seen or distracting you and your guests from the festivities. I've lost count of how many compliments we've gotten on the pictures. Couldn't be happier :)

Reviewed on 10/02/2014 Erica L

Ann & Kam are incredible!!!! BEST Experience! The minute I got engaged I knew photography would be my number one priority. The photos you will have for a lifetime...Plus I am a huge photo person!! I began my research right away. Ann & Kam came highly recommended as one of... Read More the best in the Chicago area and after looking for myself I loved their photos!! Their use of light, capturing feeling and incorporating the feel of the wedding was super important to us. After our first phone call to Ann & Kam I immediately knew they would be our wedding photographers. You have to click with your photographer and we just clicked. Both Ann and Kam are wonderful people and AMAZING photographers. Our engagement pictures were incredible. They looked like something out of hollywood. Highlighted the Chicago backdrops, and captured my fiance and I enjoying eachother and a Chicago fall. Then came the wedding. Ann and Kam BLEW us away with their photos. The sneak peak alone was more than I could have imagined. EVERYONE complimented them...Our families and friends. I could not recommend Ann and Kam more. Talented photographers. Wonderful people. They made the experience enjoyable and that is all we could have hoped for.

Reviewed on 6/30/2014 Holly G

Ann & Kam are amazing! They did our engagement photos as well as our wedding photos and video. They are so great to work with. Super friendly and professional. So talented. I am so pleased with the results

They are awesome!

Reviewed on 6/01/2014 Andrea K

I had the pleasure of working with Ann & Kam on three occasions: for our engagement shoot, my boudoir shoot, and our wedding. Ann & Kam are both extremely easy-going and talented. All of our photos turned out beautifully. We love them. We would absolutely use them again.

Reviewed on 1/01/2014 greer s

Ann & Kam were really awesome on our wedding day. They helped capture all of the moments in artisitic and traditional ways. You barely know they are there, you enjoy your day while still having amazing moments captured. They are easy to be around and the duo both have... Read More different view points and they work to get evrey view point possible. I would highly recommend them.

Simply the Best

Reviewed on 11/13/2013 Megan D

Not only are Ann & Kam amazingly sweet and wonderful people but they have a beautiful creative gift that my husband and I were lucky enough to find. They are such accommodating, professional and kindhearted people. It was an absolute pleasure getting to know them and working... Read More with them. Everything turned out perfectly and the turn around was incredible. We are so lucky and thankful to have worked with such an amazing couple and team :)

Ann & Kam put you at ease!

Reviewed on 11/08/2013 Jen P

Ann & Kam are super easy to work with. Friendly and funny. They were very self-sufficient! They made the wedding day go smoothly. Their photos are more art than picture. Absolutely beautiful! and creative! I could not be more happier with my wedding photos!

Our Photographers

Reviewed on 10/24/2013 Chrissy E

Ann & Kam are some of the nicest people I have worked with. They listened to everything I had to say and made many wonderful suggestions about everything. They really know what they are doing! They truly capture everything so beautifully. I am still waiting on our wedding... Read More photos, but we were able to view a sneak peak and I cried on how beautiful they were! To me, these photos and videos you will cherish for the rest of your life so you are making an investment, when you work with this couple you are making back everything you put into it and then some! They really are amazing and very friendly! Thank you Ann & Kam for making our day so much more special!!!!

Ann & Kam are the best!

Reviewed on 9/30/2013 Shannon K

Ann and Kam are wonderful, and we recommend them for any and all special moments you want to capture. We related to them instantly with their personal approach and laid back demeanor; they are the kind of people you want to be friends with. We loved their ability capture true... Read More emotion that helped tell the story of our relationship and wedding. They worked in a collaborative manner and provided their expertise and advice that was spot on. Ann and Kam are true professionals and their pictures of our wedding and engagement will grace the walls and shelves of our home for the rest of our lives. We are so grateful that we found them!