Bridesmaid Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Shower + Party Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Private Appointments Available, Fashion Services, Fashion

1620 Alameda Blvd NW, Albuquerque, NM (505) 594-8301

Reviewed on 2/06/2017 Courtney S

Ann Matthews was the first shop I stepped into to go dress shopping. They listened to my ideas and pulled dresses that had aspects that I loved from searching online. The best part is they had David Tuterra and Sophia Tolli dresses, top designers in their store for a cheap cost!... Read More By the 6th dress I tried on I fell in love and bought it right there! I didn't need to go to other stores because they had a top designer dress for a reasonable price. The staff was very nice and attentive and when I was on the fence the owner came in and talked to me about it and it made me feel very personalized and taken care of. After I said yes they popped open a bottle of champagne and we celebrated. They made sure to include my mother and my maid of honor who was on FaceTime during the appointment. It was a great experience and now I can't wait for my dress to come in!

Reviewed on 2/01/2017 Amanda R

I had a wonderful experience here a few weeks ago when I finally found my dress! The staff was friendly and so helpful. Even gave us a champagne toast! Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 1/23/2017 Desiree J

We took my daughter in to look at dresses and from the moment we walked in we were welcomed, all of her party were acknowledged and included, and most of all, the bride to be was made to feel special. We had 2 horrible experiences at David's Bridal, so going in to Ann Mathews... Read More was the exact opposite. My daughter was helped out by Deseree and Jason, and they brought my daughter dresses within her budget, style, and liking. They wanted her to feel beautiful in the dress and made sure to help her find dresses that accented her beauty and figure, and stayed with the style and theme of her upcoming nuptials. We loved that we had our own private, quiet setting to watch her try on dresses and could enjoy seeing her face in the mirror when she saw herself and our reactions to each dress, instead of being in a open room with everyone to see. Staff really made my daughter feel beautiful and even celebrated with champagne as she finally found her perfect dress. They even took pictures of all of us with the bride to be, so that we all could be in the pictures together! This was the experience every bride deserves to receive. They went above and beyond to help her. The care and love they showed my daughter Desiree will always be appreciated and remembered! thank you!

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Rebekah G

I had an amazing experience at Ann Matthews. The staff is extremely knowledgeable and helpful when it comes to finding your dress, and you can tell that they really care about making your experience a great one. They were able to make my vision a reality and they helped me find... Read More exactly what I was looking for!

Reviewed on 5/10/2016 Natalie G

I cannot say enough good things about this place! They saved the day for me after a disaster at brides by demetrios. The staff was so helpful and friendly to me. The lady who does alterations was so unbelievably amazing. She's so kind and did an amazing job fixing my nightmare... Read More dress demetrios ended up giving me. Thank you for Turing my horrible bridal experience into a positive one.

Reviewed on 12/12/2015 Natalie R

This was my third visit to a bridal shop and they were WONDERFUL! Ashley was so helpful and friendly. It felt l me I was being helped by a life long friend. I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone who is looking for a wedding dress! Thanks guys!

Reviewed on 8/03/2015

I found my wedding dress at Ann Matthews this past weekend! Came in with my grandma, mom and sister and was greeted by Jason with open arms. It was instantly a better experience than we had elsewhere. He listened to our ideas, looked at the pictures I had brought in and keeping... Read More in mind the venue started pulling dresses to try on. Veronica helped me try dresses on and being open to ideas they helped guide me into my perfect dress. It wound up being something completely different than what I ever would have thought I'd wear but the dress is stunning and putting it on made me feel beautiful for the first time. We felt like family, talking and joking with the employees who really made the experience special and easy. With a no pressure customer service we thought about things overnight and decided to go back the next day. We left there ordering my dress, bridesmaid dress and great ideas for mom and grandma. Thank you Anna Matthews for your patience and everything you've done for us! I highly recommend for anyone who is looking.

Reviewed on 6/14/2015 Melissa W

I came in a few months ago with specifics on what I wanted for my dress and also a picture I found on Ann Matthews website. Stephanie fit me in the dress and I knew that I found the one. She was a huge help in finding my perfect dress. Today I also brought my groom and the... Read More groomsmen in to be fitted for their vests. My guys were a little rowdy and not well behaved unfortunately and Breanna was very understanding and patient with everyone. She had the best personality and took care of everything perfectly! With me being stressed out, Breanna had amazing patience with my guys and helped me feel better. Ann Matthews is definitely a tough to beat store. Highly recommended!

Put me at ease

Reviewed on 1/14/2015 Alexis B

I had a short window to find a dress (4 weeks) and they put me at ease right away that I would find an amazing dress. I had more than enough choices in my price range and time frame and I got a dress more beautiful than I could have imagined! Their alterations department is... Read More wonderful as well making sure I was comfortable and that my dress fit perfectly.

Bride's Dress

Reviewed on 7/18/2014 EJ P

My wedding dress was beautiful. The staff at Ann Matthews made the selection and fitting process smooth. Great seamstress...she had to fix a slight flaw on the dress from the factory. The store took responsibility for that.

Perfect dress!

Reviewed on 6/20/2014 Sheila R

Ann Matthews is a local family owned business in Albuquerque and are an absolute gem in the City. The staff is friendly, and incredibly knowledgeable about wedding dresses. They are also affordable. My experience there was phenomenal. They understood what I was looking for right... Read More away and pulled dresses that I wouldn't have thought of but were exactly what I was looking for. My dress was gorgeous and fit like a glove. I was able to find my headpiece and veil there as well. They took great care of me and never made me feel like a sale (which I had experienced elsewhere). I would recommend them to everyone looking for wedding dresses and prom dresses too for that matter. 5 STARS!!

Found my dress here!

Reviewed on 1/13/2014 Jen D

My mom, sister and I recently visited Ann Matthews for my bridal appointment and had an absolutely wonderful experience. Not only was the staff attentive and kind on the phone when gathering my information for the appointment, but they were also very adept at finding styles that... Read More were very much in line with what I was looking for. Ann Matthews is a family business and was therefore much smaller and customer focused than the bridal department stores. The entire staff went out of their way to make me happy. It did not feel like they were forcing me to buy a dress from them, but rather wanted to provide comprehensive information about the dresses and designers to help me find a dress that made me happiest. I also appreciated their honesty about prices and their truly caring demeanor. I ended up finding the perfect dress and ordering it on the spot, and they even gave us free lotion and chapstick as a "thank you" for supporting their business! I would highly recommend them to others, and I am looking forward to revisiting them for dress fittings and to purchase a veil.

AN OUTSTANDING EXPERIENCE!

Reviewed on 11/23/2013 Karlie P

I cannot stress this enough... YOU MUST GET YOUR WEDDING GOWN HERE! Okay so I went in Ann Matthews on a limb. I was scared to walk in thinking they would turn me away or treat me differently. NOT! I was greeted with nothing but respect. Each associate helped me. The owner... Read More helped me as well. They had me pick out some dresses and put me in a room to try them on :) No appointment needed! Wow! I picked out around 10 dresses to try on. After the 2nd dress I was getting worried I wouldn't find something I loved. The lady helping me try on dresses asked if she could pick a dress for me to try on. That was the 3rd dress and is now my dress for my wedding day. So happy with the experience I had. What wonderful people. They really helped me out. The dress is gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous. I can not wait to have it on! Also they have payment options. I was surprised about this because I went to Christine's in santa fe and they were rude and told me "No you have to buy it up front". Who can even do that? ANNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDD my dress was 20% off!!!!! Just because of the time I bought it. GOT SO LUCKY!!!!!!!! Give this bridal shop a try. You won't regret it.

Worst Experience of my wedding

Reviewed on 9/29/2013

Where do I begin. I ordered my bridal gown through them as well as all 10 of my bridesmaid dresses. We would have been better off ordering them ALL online. Not only did not a single one fit, they were super expensive and the seamstresses "they recommend" are 1/2 the price of the... Read More dress. They won't order one dress until all are ordered and paid for, and what they also don't tell you is that when they order them they are not custom. So basically, whatever your measurements are they will order a dress that will be "closest" to your size and you deal with all alterations after it comes in. Keep in mind, when you first walk in there is a sign saying all sales are final, of course they are you pay upfront and have no way of declining what you get. I guess this was the best indication that customer service was non-existent once everything was paid for. They also don't let you take pictures, most likely because they are crafted with NO workmanship and don't come out like you expect. Two of my bridesmaids didn't even have lining on the inside of their dresses and wouldn't have known any different had they not all been getting ready together. This is all considering that when the dresses come in 2 weeks before the wedding you're pretty much out of options. My bridal gown on the other hand was pretty much dealt with the same way, ordered as a size which was not mine, every flaw it had was brushed off by the staff, and I too was handed a suggested seamstress card upon walking out. The top was too low, the bottom was uneven, the beading on the train didn't match what was on the top part of my dress, the breast were noticeably uneven and extremely small, and the waist and hips were too big. The waist band had also risen a significant amount making it look like I had absolutely no torso. This dress was ordered in February and came in at the end of July, my wedding was August 17th ultimately leaving me with no other options for a bridal gown. My seamstress did the best with what she had, and did a fantastic job. All the seams were uneven with no extra material leaving little to no room for alterations. Unless you had seen the dress before hand you would have never known all the problems that lied beneath. I wish I could have paid my seamstress the amount of the dress and the bridal shop the amount of the alteration because that would have suited both parties for the amount of work provided. My bridal gown situation was a disaster to say the least. I have nothing nice to say about any aspect of my experience with Ann Matthews Bridal shop. Rating them with a 1 is a million times more than I'd ever give them credit for.

Po Dunk

Reviewed on 9/25/2013 deme e

Hole in the wall dress store. sold me a size 10 dress said it was size 6 so it cost me way more to get it taken in. needless to say I was a size 10. also went with a friend to get her dress, and the lady helpig her told her the dress wouldnt fit, she was too big.

Beautiful dress, wonderful service

Reviewed on 7/08/2013 Lauren T

They helped me modify a dress into the the dress of my dreams at a great price! I was given the personal cell number of one of the owners and encouraged to call or text with any concerns. Everything was addressed with flexibility...they stored my dress, pressed it, everything to... Read More make it easier on me!

I LOVED my dress!!!

Reviewed on 6/14/2013 Michelle R

Ann Matthews was extremely accommodating and helped me every step of the way with my alterations. I absolutely LOVED my dress! It will always be one of the most beautiful things I've ever owned. I wish I could wear it everyday!

Finally beautiful dresses!

Reviewed on 6/11/2013 Selena B

I looked at several other vendors in the city but finally found dresses that I felt were worth the expense and that made me feel like a beautiful bride. The ladies here helped me several times to try on dresses, find and pick the perfect one for me, and were helpful every step... Read More of the way. The only complaints are that the price was a little steep and I had to email for about a month to finally pick-up my dress, but at least I definitely got a very high quality dress and a beautiful matching veil - so I would recommend going to this store far ahead of your date to get a dress on time.

Amazingly helpful!

Reviewed on 9/21/2012 Dana R

3 months before my wedding I decided I wanted a different dress. I had found another dress but the manufacturer could not get it in time for my wedding. I decided to just start calling bridal stores across the country hoping one would have my size/color in stock. Ann Matthews... Read More shop did! The woman who helped me over the phone was amazing! So helpful! And they shipped it to me right away! Great customer service!

Don't do it

Reviewed on 10/07/2011 Carissa M

I had to find a new dress a month before my wedding, they couldn't promise my dress would be in on time( and it was a fight to get a refund they are not willing to admit they are wrong) They said it would be in 3 months before the wedding and it never came nor did they call me... Read More and when I would call or go in I was treating so disrespectfully. I know 3 other girls after telliv my story who have had the same problem.... I wish I would of know and read reviews before

worst experience

Reviewed on 9/21/2011 Stacey S

I ordered my original dress here in february. The dress had a delivery date of july. My mom and I went in to pick up my dress only to find it had never been ordered. The staff was horrible!!! So rude. They were not willing to do anything to make the mistake right. We got our... Read More money back and would never ever recommend using this place of business!

Anne Matthews the Most Helpful

Reviewed on 8/25/2011 Michelle F

Ann Matthews is a great place to find your wedding dress. While every place was very nice about bringing out any dress I requested, only the owner at Ann Matthews asked me about particular things I liked about different dresses and brought out other options. The dress I... Read More ultimately chose (and loved!) was one I never even saw in the books.

Terribly Unorganized!

Reviewed on 8/07/2011 Emily B

Do not get your dress here! They may seem attentive and friendly at first, but they will screw you over. It took about 10 months for my dress to come in, and when it did (a week before the wedding) it was the wrong size. They never answer the phone, so if you have any... Read More out-of-towners or very busy attendants in your party, they will NOT be able to get their measurements in on time. Or will they? Maybe they'll write it down and never call the attendant back. Again, DO NOT SHOP HERE!

My dress shop

Reviewed on 7/03/2011 Treva R

I did find my dream dress. I felt as soon as they had my money, customer service was no longer a factor. So do not pay in full until you have your dress. Communication is not part of their service. When I did finally get my dress they wanted nothing else to do with me, couldn't... Read More wait to get me out of there. Wouldn't even let my mother look for a dress because I quote "we have nothing for your here because you know what you want and I don't have it".

Buying the Dress

Reviewed on 6/14/2011 Ruth H

The team at Ann Matthews did an amazing job of listening to what I was looking for initially and working through the appointment with an open ear. All the consultants really know their stock and what's fashionable. They were the first shop I visited in ABQ during my hunt and I... Read More went back to them after visiting shops like Brides By Demitrios because their customer service and ability to treat me with respect were unmatched. They also were sensitive to my financial needs and did a great job working within my budget to find the best dress for my money. My mom also bought her dress there, and had a similar experience with them.

Start a Conversation!