Annie’s Culinary Creations

Serving the DFW Area, TX

An unforgettable day deserves unforgettable cake!

From the most elegant and traditional wedding cake styles to modern or even whimsical cakes, we'll work with you to create a wedding cake that will be a beautiful reflection of you and your wedding theme.

$$

Type

Cake Tops & Accessories

1908 N Henderson Ave, Serving the DFW Area, TX

Annie's Culinary Creations

Reviewed on 2/19/2014 Lauren T

Absolutely fabulous throughout the whole experience! The tasting process and initial meeting was great! Will let you test any flavor you want and will even create custom flavors!! We were so thrilled with our experience. Annie's never missed a beat! We ordered the Brides cake and Grooms cake from Annie's and both turned out perfect and tasted even more perfect!! All our guests kept commenting on how beautiful the cake was and how delicious it was!! Would definitely use them again for any occasion!!!

Annie's always delivers beautiful cakes that taste even better

Reviewed on 9/06/2013 Sara B

I learned about Annie's Culinary Creations through family members who had ordered special-occasion cakes there before. She made a fabulous Halloween-Over the Hill-themed cake for a Halloween birthday party in 2010, so when our next family birthday rolled around, I had her make a beach-themed cake. Since then, we've ordered cakes for holidays, showers and birthday parties, and we've never been disappointed. So when it came time for my wedding, we asked her to do both our wedding and groom's cakes. The wedding cake was beautiful and exceeded our expectations so far as taste was concerned. (Our 1st anniversary is in two weeks -- can't wait to bring the top layer out of the freezer!) My husband wanted a cake in the shape of a Japanese cartoon character that most people have never heard of for his groom's cake. I emailed her a photo of the character and the cake turned out PERFECTLY. It was the hit of the reception. Annie is personable and professional. I can't say enough good things about the shop.

Delicious!

Reviewed on 11/09/2012 Heather S

Annie was a pure delight to work with and her cakes are out of this world. We had a three tiered strawberry cake, Mexican chocolate cupcakes, and oatmeal chocolate chip cookies at our wedding reception. Everyone loved them and was raving about all of the desserts. I sent Annie a photo of an ombre cake I liked and she did a perfect replication. Also, her sampling is incredibly generous - you receive full size cupcakes of multiple flavors. All in all, wonderful vendor with both product and service. Choose Annie's!

Fabulous!

Reviewed on 5/22/2015 Jaime G

Annie's was absolutely the best cake ever! I crave it all the time now. Her flavor selection is great, lots of options, and all of the ones i've tried (which is most at this point) taste amazing - fresh and yummy, with no 'fake flavoring' taste to them. I met with several other cake bakers when i was trying to select the vendor for my wedding and Annie's quality, freshness, flavor, selection, customer-service, price and flexibility were hands down the BEST. Her quality was way better than even the high-end bakery (i won't name names, but they're featured in lots of local magazines). After several days her cakes & cupcakes were still moist because she bakes them fresh and never refrigerates them. All of the other bakers i met with swore that you HAVE to refrigerate the cake, but all of the samples they sent me home with were dried out by that evening or the next morning. Annie is so sweet, genuine and helpful. She let me try as many flavors as i wanted to make my decision, she always answered phone calls and emails in a timely manner, and she is an expert and very knowledgeable decorator. I'm always looking forward to the next time i get to eat one of her creations. :)

So special and delish!

Reviewed on 5/21/2015 Jennifer W

Annie is AMAZING. We visited 3 bakeries before deciding on which we'd go with for our wedding, and we couldn't have made a better decision. Her cake and icing flavors are to die for - and she doesn't just inject a flavor into vanilla cake to change up the flavors, she actually uses other ingredients to make the flavors which is why it's so good. Huge assortment. I showed her a photo of the cake I wanted and she hit the nail on the head. I had mentioned to her that I have a love for minions, and she surprised me by putting a tiny bride and groom minion on the back of the bottom tier of the cake - I cried when I saw it, I loved it so much - the perfect, subtle personal touch to make the cake ours. She's a phenomenal baker and was just the nicest woman! Additionally, everything was hassle free and our cake showed up on time as planned, looked beautiful and everyone loved it. Any cake we need in the future, we'll be ordering from Annie. I highly recommend her! A word to the wise - Annie was the middle cost of the 3 bakeries we looked at but we loved her cake so much (and her), that we sprung for the cake that was a little outside of our budget - best decision we ever made! Actually, the lower cost bakery was only $200 less and that bakery ended up closing their doors unexpectedly leaving a ton of brides hanging last month, so paying a little bit more to get exactly what you want and know it will be perfect, is worth it.

Just Wonderful!

Reviewed on 5/04/2015 Veronica L

I got to meet with Annie on short notice. She was sooo helpful in helping me as future bride-to-be decide on a cake design. This was especially great when you have so many other decisions pending. She and her team are extremely talented and humble! Not to mention the cake tastes AMAZING (my groom loved their cake)! I HIGHLY recommend Annie's Culinary Creations!

Fantastic!

Reviewed on 4/23/2015 Elizabeth M

We loved our cakes from Annie's! They looked fantastic and tasted even better. We had tons of compliments on the cakes and Annie was awesome to work with. We loved our cakes so much, we're celebrating every month of our first year with cupcakes from Annie's!

Amazing!!

Reviewed on 4/21/2015 Christina M

Annie and her team did such a wonderful job on our cake. We had so many compliments on the apperance and the taste! So of my guest said they went back for second thirds and forths just to try all the flavors!! :) They were so helpful thru our changes and design! Thank you so much for adding to our perfect day! -Christina

Annie is the best!

Reviewed on 4/18/2015 Lauren J

I didn't really know quite what I wanted my cake to look like, but I knew I wanted the taste to be out of this world in both red velvet and white. I am a huge cake aficionado, and the only thing I am more picky about is icing. We looked at 5 vendors in addition than Annie, and hands down, Annie had the best design and the best pricing, and her cake was to die for. My sister, whose wedding cake was chocolate and generally doesn't like vanilla cake, had dreams about it for the two months between her trying it and the wedding; one of my bridesmaids, who has no sense of smell, was kind of obsessed as well because she liked her taste test as well. The cake was beautiful, and incorporated so many different elements that I liked flawlessly. It was so so so amazing, y'all, and I couldn't be happier. I got a bunch of it to take to the hotel on the wedding night, and you better believe that was a good plan. SO GOOD.

Amazing Cake

Reviewed on 3/30/2015 Katie K

Annie was great to work with and was very customer service oriented. She treated you like you were her only customer and did everything possible to create your dream cake. This was also the only cake tasting we attended where we were given full cupcakes with different mixes of her top flavors. If there was another flavor you would like to taste that was not currently in the showcase, she would let you know when her next batch would be (about 3 days). It was perfect. A hard and fast rule for Annie is that she does not freeze cakes. They are always fresh and for your 1 year anniversary, Annie will make a fresh cake topper so you do not have to keep it in your freezer. It really is a great value for your money. Then there is the flavor! I have never had so many great cake flavors in my life. All of the cakes tasted like my mom was back in the kitchen make fresh treats just like when I was a little girl! The frosting is light and compliments the cake well. I highly recommend Annie's for your cake needs - I will be using her again for my husbands birthday cake :-)

Wonderful wedding cake

Reviewed on 3/18/2015 Lauren B

Annie was just great to work with. The cake tasted great and looked beautiful

Best Cake Ever!

Reviewed on 1/27/2015 Whitney W

At my wedding, I cut a huge piece of my cake all for myself. We ordered a white almond cake with white almond icing. I prefer traditional flavors for weddings and it was perfect! My guests all raved and I was so happy to have leftovers. It was worth the $ paid. We had a 3 tier cake as well as one kitchen cake. (kept the cost down/serves 150) I was worried we wouldn't have enough, but we had plenty! I still go in just to buy her almond flavor cupcakes.

Best tasting gorgeous cake ever!!!

Reviewed on 1/14/2015 Tina L

I hired Annie to do the cake for my 12/30/14 wedding and wow did she ever come through!! The cake was exactly to my specification visually....stunning!! But the taste...that's what makes Annie different!! I've been too soooooooo many weddings and never had cake that tastes as good as it looks!! We had NO leftovers!! Now my husband and I are addicted to her cupcakes. Annie is like a magic word in our household!! Try hers and you won't want anyone else!

Highly Recommended!!

Reviewed on 12/03/2014 Kristin M

The cake was great and beautiful!! The grooms cake was awesome!

Best Baker in Dallas!

Reviewed on 9/28/2014 Crystal L

My guests absolutely loved our wedding cake!! It was wonderful and we can't wait until our one year anniversary to try our top tier!

Wedding Reception

Reviewed on 9/09/2014

Annie's Culinary Creations was our first and only choice for a wedding cake. They did an outstanding job, the cake tasted and looked wonderful. It was presented beautifully on the cake table at our reception and everyone commented on how good it taste. They catered to all of our wishes and the experience could not have been better. Jim Mathis Sachse, TX

So so good!!

Reviewed on 8/29/2014

With dozens of bakeries in Dallas, it was a challenge finding the ONE. We did several tastings but knew Annie's was the place. We went for a tasting with Annie on a late week night. She was the most flexible with her tasting hours out of all the bakeries we called. Her presentation was excellent and most of all, her passion for what she does stood out. She simply loves to help you achieve the look you want for your big day. August 23rd was the big day and the cakes that we ordered looked spectacular. The brides cake was three triple layer boxes with the frosted tip design. We then had a rheinstone band added to each layer. We opted for three flavors..vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream icing for the bottom layer, the center was amaretto with amaretto buttercream icing and our top layer was champagne with champagne buttercream icing. Not only delicious but a stunning cake. We also ordered a grooms cake and we requested a Cohiba Cigar Box with cigars around it. People could not believe it was cake as it looked so real. We went with champagne cake with champagne buttercream. Everybody loved how moist the cakes were as well as the frosting not being overly sweet. We couldnt be happier with our choice in Annie's!!! P.S. We brought the top layer home and put it in the freezer. The cake was so good that we already cut into it and couldn't wait a year to have more.

Annies amazing cakes

Reviewed on 7/24/2014 Sara S

What I really loved about Annie's is we got to do a cake tasting of fresh cakes at her location and I was allowed to bring my groom, my maid of honor and my soon to be mother in law. Which was really awesome to have extra opinions. Her creations are amazing she pulls off the impossible that is for sure. She also has an amazing team all extremely nice and helpful. I am about to call her for a cake for my husband's 30th birthday in October. Will only use her bakery, best tasting cakes all 120 of my guests loved the cakes. Thanks again Annie and team!!!

The BEST!!

Reviewed on 7/24/2014 Dawn M

O my goodness!! If you are looking for the best cake or cupcakes for your special day - be it wedding or something else - look to Annie's! Our daughter was looking for a special cupcake for her groom and Annie came up with that recipe. Annie delivered the BEST cupcakes (5 different flavors) and the wedding guests could not stop talking about them! I would highly recommend Annie's Mother of the bride

jo kemp

Reviewed on 7/23/2014 jo k

She made all the changes that I requested, she helped me design the cake, she arrived on time and every one loved the cake. I just wish I had made it bigger. I also thought the price was very affordable.

Last minute wedding

Reviewed on 6/16/2014 regina g

I had 3 weeks to plan my wedding. I was calling around to find a cake and flower vendor that could handle an order in very little time. Annie's was recommended to me by another bakery. A week later I was sitting at a cake tasting with Annie at a flower shop. The cakes were all wonderful! I choose the amaredo flavor for the cake. My husband hates sweets and even he was fighting for the last piece. Friends were still asking about were I got my cake 2 weeks after the wedding. I even threw in a strange request of Annie for the cake. I had her create a big Foot to put as the cake topper. (my new last name is Foote). It looked great and everyone loved it. Annie's culinary really came threw for me with a beautiful cake that tasted fabulous in less than 2 weeks! Thank You Annie!

6/17/2014 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I'll never ever forget that "Foot cake" and was really glad to be able to help you on short notice! Thanks again and I hope we'll see you for future celebrations!

Amazing!!

Reviewed on 6/12/2014 Brooke T

Annie's cakes were perfect! We were really concerned about the cake because we are not from the Dallas area, but were getting married in Colleyville. We searched several bakeries in the area and scheduled a full day of cake tasting. Annie's was the last bakery visit of the day and I was so full from trying other vendor samples; however, that did not stop me from devouring Annie's samples. I was so blown away by her cakes! Her attention to detail is amazing. I am looking forward to our anniversary, but I might have to make the drive back to Annie's before then! I would recommend her to anyone!

6/17/2014 Response from the vendor

Thanks Brooke for trusting us with the cakes for your very special day. We hope to see you anytime you're in town.

Brides Review

Reviewed on 5/21/2014 Kristen S

Annie is amazing! She is very creative. She is easy to work with! Her cakes taste amazing too!

6/17/2014 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much! Hope to see you for future celebrations!

Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 5/05/2014

The cake was extremely good and I like the fact you can do a taste test before. Annie is very good at working with you up to the last minute.

Cake Vendor

Reviewed on 4/30/2014 Ashley

We loved Annie and she was so easy to work with and helpful! My cake was fairly simple but turned out so beautiful and was absolutely perfect. I was nervous going in because the cake was one thing I didn't already have a pretty solid idea of what I wanted. She took what I knew I wanted and gave some suggestions and it seriously turned out amazing. Also, I'm one that believes the cake can look good all it wants, but that doesn't mean a thing if it doesn't TASTE good. Annie's is one of those that easily is both. So delicious! We were a little short on servings so she said she would make and serve my entire cake and make a separate top for our anniversary (since you usually take the top of your cake for that). She also of course did the groom's cake as well and it was also amazing. My husband is an Aggie so he wanted to make his cake Kyle Field. She did such a good job with this and it too tasted as good if not better than it looked. We also did various cake balls around it which was a nice touch of variety. Again, Annie was very easy to work with (even though she was moving her shop in the middle of all the planning) and was always willing to answer any questions.

TO Annie’s Culinary Creations