Appletree Cake Company, LLC

(16)

Moseley, VA

FOR A WEDDING CAKE AS UNIQUE AS YOU

From traditional elegance to the latest trends, count on Appletree Cake Company to bring your creative ideas to reality. Each wedding cake is freshly baked with the highest quality ingredients to ensure a moist and delicious treat your guests will rave about. Gluten-free, dairy-free available.

$$

Type

Cake Tops & Accessories, Gluten Free

16406 Appletree Ct., Moseley, VA

delicious wedding/groom's cake

11/15/2014 Katie E

As a sweet tooth, my highest priority for the wedding cake was a delicious cake. My mom found AppleTree cake co. at a wedding expo in Richmond and could not stop raving about the chocolate mousse filling. My (now) husband and I met Jan at her house to taste cakes and icing and they were wonderful (even the fondant). We ordered both a classic wedding cake with buttercream icing and a playful groom's cake with fondant icing and Jan did a fantastic job with both. we received many compliments on how delicious they were.

Delicious!

4/12/2014 Christina D

I found Appletree Cake Co. while at the Richmond Bridal Expo. That day I tried about 15 kinds of cake and I found theirs to be the most moist. It truly tasted "homemade" yet their presentation was beautiful.

Amazing Wedding CHEESECAKE!

9/28/2013 Katie O

Jan of Appletree Cake Company provided us the best service and cheesecake we could have ever asked for! She worked with us from beginning to end to make sure our design of the cake was what we wanted as well as she worked with us on the delivery of the cake! The cheesecake and toppings were amazing and our guests continuously complimented how tasty it was and many stated that cheesecake was a much better idea than traditional cake!

Delicious and Affordable

8/10/2013 Rebecca D

I enjoyed working with Jan for our wedding! She was prompt, sweet, and talented. Our cake was adorable and so scrumptious -- we got lots of compliments!

Delicious!

8/10/2013 Kelly

If you want a cake that not only tastes delicious but looks amazing, then you need to use this company! Not only did I use her for my wedding cake, but I used her for my bridal shower and nursing school graduation! Jan and her family run this business out of their home and are so welcoming. She listens to all of your ideas and is willing to try anything! My husband and I made up our own flavor for our cake and it was delicious! She is professional and attentive to details. She somehow manages to keep her cake moist and fluffy. All my guests came up to me at the end of the night asking who made my cake and if they could get more. My engaged friends are asking for her number because it was the best wedding cake they had ever had. That is a HUGE compliment. Most wedding cakes end up being dry and crumbly but Jan's cake is like no other. Also, I didn't want regular fondant icing but marshmallow fondant and she said "no problem!" IT WAS AMAZING!!! my mouth was watering the entire time. You need to try her cake and see for yourself how amazing her cakes are.

Above and Beyond!

8/03/2013 Kelly A

My husband and I were extremely pleased with the quality and service we received from Appletree Cake Company. We were sold on Appletree's cakes at the Richmond Bridal Expo because her product is DELICIOUS! When we met Jan for our tasting and consultation, she was professional, personable, and extremely helpful. I had a hard time deciding what I wanted the cake to look like, and when I gave Jan an idea of some of my preferences, she was able to create the cake of my dreams. It was stunning, and the talk of the reception! I highly recommend Appletree Cake Company!

Wedding Cake Disaster

7/06/2013 Joanna W

Appletree Cake Co. was fairly easy to work with in the days leading up to our wedding. My (now) husband and I worked with the owner to design our dream wedding cake. However, the day of the actual wedding, our cake did not arrive on time at 4pm. We did not hear from Appletree Cake Co. about what was going on and could not contact them. After three hours of my family and wedding planner panicking, a cake was finally delivered (by now the reception had already begun). However, it was a hastily thrown together cake that did not resemble the cake that we had spent hours designing, nor was it the correct flavors. Apparently our special cake had fallen or melted or something in the car on the way to our wedding venue. Instead of contacting us to let us know what had happened, Appletree Cake went to another bakery to throw together something else. I DO appreciate their attempt at giving us a cake to replace the destroyed one, but we found it extremely unprofessional that we didn't even know what was going on or where our wedding cake was until many hours after it was scheduled to be delivered, and many frenzied conversations between my family and wedding planner about what to do - who SHOULD have been able to spend the day enjoying the wedding. We obviously ended up without the cake of our dreams, and also without the one year anniversary tier that we planned on saving. It was extremely disappointing and the refund we received hardly made up for not having the beautiful cake that we had planned and worked so hard on. I would not recommend using Appletree Cake Company.

A cake to remember!

5/18/2013 Essie W

Jan with Appletree baked us the most beautiful cake I've ever seen! Every layer (three layers: sour cream vanilla with chocolate mousse, lemon with lemon mousse, and turtle--chocolate cake with homemade caramel, chocolate ganache, and pecans) was delicious. The guests loved the options, and we were thrilled with how beautiful it turned out! The cake was surrounded with beautiful handmade sugar paste flowers, and topped with a perfect pair of butterflies. Jan is truly talented! I can't wait til the next time I have a good excuse to order one of her amazing desserts!

delicious cake!

5/11/2013 Annie L

Jan was a pleasure to work with from day one of tasting to delivery of the cake itself on our big day. Jan was quick to answer any questions I had which made my planning process so much easier. She made a perfect cake for us that was just within our budget! The cake tasted amazing and we cannot wait to eat it again for our 1 year anniversary!

Wedding and Grooms Cake

5/02/2013 Debbie S

Jan prepared a VA Tech Hokie themed Grooms cake for us as well as a 4 tier wedding cake. Both were perfect! We received lots of compliments on both the work and flavor of the cakes which was excellent. I would highly recommend Jan for your wedding.

Big Better Deal

7/20/2011 ericka p

Jan was wonderful. I planned my wedding in VA from TX, she was really helpful and easy to work with. My Mother and Father in Law were sold on the cake based on the tasting, they raved about all the different flavors and how all were delicious. Needless to say I couldn’t decide on one flavor and requested all three tiers to be of a different flavor. All of the different cake flavors were amazing, guest raved about it!!! It was amazed how Jan created the perfect cake for me without me actually meeting her. Appletree Co. is a professional organization. I felt like I cheated them, I got everything you could hope for in a cake and more for a steal! Thank you Jan!!!

TASETY CAKE!

9/29/2012 Jennifer M

If you want a nice looking cake you can pay more and go with bakers kitchen or desserteri or some other expensive venue, but honestly I tasted everywhere in virginia a, Jan Butterfield had the best tasteing cake! Her cake was not overly sweet but the right consistency and flavors. There were a few flaws on the icing, you could tell it was hand done, but I was ok with it, it was by no means sloppy. Her Turtle cake (caramel + pecans + chocolate cream on chocolate cake) and chocolate / coconut cream cake (chocolate cake with coconut and chocolate filling) were amazing! everyone was raving about how great the cake tasted! I would totally reccomend this vender! very affordable!

Best wedding cake I have ever tasted!

6/29/2012 Michelle D

Most wedding cakes look beautiful and taste terrible. This cake looked amazing and tasted even better. Jan also made us a grooms cake that looked like a bible. It was perfect, guest actually thought it was a real bible. Great pick!

Great cake!

6/22/2012 julie g

Thanks for a wonderful cake. Appletree Cake helped us decide on flavors, colors, the whole thing. I didn't want a traditional flowery cake, so they made it with lots of geometric lines withthe colors of my wedding. Creative and fun.

Groom's Cake better than Imagined

3/31/2012 Sue C

I hired Appletree Cake Co. to create and design a unique cake for my son's Groom's cake at the rehearsal dinner for 40 guests. Jan took some interests that I shared about my son, and designed a cake honoring his military service and police service. She emailed me a few ideas of what she could make it look like. I choose one and she did an amazing 3D US Marine uniform cake. Not only did it look fabulous, it was very delicious and moist. She helped in suggesting what filling flavors would go best with the cake we chose. It was a beautiful masterpiece. It wasn't too good to eat because everyone had a piece and raved about it. Thank you Jan for developing your passion into a business and helping me to complete a great dinner.

Amazing cake!!

7/09/2011 jan w

We had a super cake made by Appletree Cake Co. Jan was so fun to work with and made exactly what we wanted. The cake was moist and yummy, and really, really beaustiful. Thank you Jan!

Send Email