April Bennett Photography

Serving Virginia, DC area, and New York

Artistic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Film Photography, Online Proofing, Photo, Printed Enlargements, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Wedding Albums, Photo + Video

Serving Virginia, DC area, and New York (540) 451-1426

Reviewed on 1/23/2018 Patrick

April was absolutely amazing to work with! We had our wedding in Charlottesville, but currently live in Atlanta, GA, so we met April over FaceTime. She was delightful to talk to and made us feel at ease, even over the phone. We loved her past work and thought she worked with our... Read More personalities perfectly, so we booked her. When we were visiting Charlottesville a month before our wedding, she met with us and worked with us to create our wedding timeline. After meeting with her, we felt this great weight lifted off our shoulders and knew we'd made the right decision picking April. The day of the wedding, she was relaxed and kind, but also took control of every chaotic room (in a great way!). We loved having April with us throughout the day and both of our families loved her presence at the reception. We've already gotten our sneak peaks back -- we are OBSESSED and can't wait to see the rest! Having April as our photographer was one of the best choices we made and we highly recommend her!

Reviewed on 1/18/2018 Taryn C

April was a phenomenal photographer to work with! We chatted several times about our vision before the day of the wedding and she really listened. She captured the joy we felt on our wedding day along with many fun candids and detail shots; the final pictures are beautiful. On... Read More top of it all she was easy to work with, fun to be around, and made us so comfortable and calm on our wedding day.

Reviewed on 1/16/2018 Brian R

Let me start with the bottom line. You can’t go wrong with working with April. I have been a photo hobbyist for some time now so photos were one of the most important aspects of any wedding vendor for us. Photos are what you will use to bring back all the memories from the day... Read More and many moments you missed. I personally don’t like being photographed but April was upbeat and professional and able to get the most out of the couple. She focused on the needs of the couple first and her goal is to make sure you are both happy. She scouted the venue ahead of time to pick out great locations and assess lighting conditions. She does a great job upfront leading up to the wedding discussing your needs and explaining her photo style. I would consider her photos very much a work of art and not just a point and shoot. She clearly puts a lot of thought into the feeling of a photo. You can tell from her portfolio that she focuses on the moment and capturing emotion and action. She is great at adjusting to any weather conditions for an outdoor wedding as well as low light conditions during receptions. She was able to address (and surpass) all of our needs and didn’t miss any shots. On the technical side her equipment is top notch and she seamlessly switches equipment out to get the most out of any shot. She turned around a sample set of edited photos very quickly and turned around the full edited set shortly after. The website she uses to publish photos is easy to use, download images, and share with family. Her customer service is excellent and she was a calming energy during the sometimes stressful wedding day. But what really stands out are the quality of the photo she delivers. The colors and composition are truly amazing. April is very experienced and has a relationship with many other vendors in Cville so she was comfortable with the pace and order of events which allowed everything to go smoothly. She provides an incredible product at a great value and it was worth every penny.

Reviewed on 1/04/2018

I cannot say enough positive things about April Bennett! I would highly recommend her to anyone! She was able to make us feel so comfortable in front of the camera. She has an amazing positive attitude and willingness to work with the client to make sure you get exactly what you... Read More want! I am obsessed with our pictures! Not only was she able to capture the beautiful details of the day, but she was also able to capture the emotion of the day!

Reviewed on 7/02/2016 Jordan H

I cannot say enough good things about April. Photography was one of the most important things to me when planning our wedding, and I did extensive research when it came to choosing a photographer. I am so happy to be able to say that it was totally worth it since it lead me to... Read More April. Prior to the wedding, she was always available for questions, and had several tools to assist me in making sure she was aware of the types of photos I was interested in and specific people I wanted in photos. She called to check in multiple times prior to the wedding. She was amazing to work with, acting as a calming presence during the inevitable chaos of the day. We had a very large bridal party, as well as many members of the extended family that needed to be included in photos, and April did an amazing job keeping everyone on track and getting the formal pictures done so everyone could enjoy the day without getting frustrated or being demanding at all. She and her second shooter (Bethany) even managed to get some amazing pictures of our baby girl as well in the midst of capturing all the wedding moments. As for the pictures themselves, they are truly exceptional. April captured the emotions of the day so perfectly, from the anticipation of getting ready, the joy of the ceremony and the fun (and craziness!) of the reception. I am so thankful we will have these images to remember our amazing day.

Reviewed on 1/18/2016 Abby M

April Bennett is an amazing photographer. We would wholeheartedly recommend her, and have, to friends and family. She did an engagement session and covered our rehearsal dinner at the Paramount Theater and wedding at Mount Ida Farm. We had a package with hi-definition photos... Read More and a professional leather bound album. We absolutely love all of our photographs and will always be grateful to have such beautiful memories. April has the ability to make people feel comfortable in front of the camera and capture authentic moments of laughter, excitement, joy and warmth. Guests continue to compliment us on her and our photographs. I cannot say enough good things about April as a person, how easy it was to work with her and the quality of her work.