Aqua Turf Club

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Chapel in the Pines. Tucked away in beautiful solemnity on the manicured grounds of Aqua Turf Club is the Chapel in the Pines. This nondenominational chapel is a beautiful example of New England architecture. Available year-round, it can accommodate up to 240 guests in climate-controlled comfort. Arrangements for the officiant, decor and music are totally flexible. The chapel is inclusive, and welcomes everyone, regardless of orientation, faith or denomination.

The Wagon Room. Casually elegant, with its striking curved ceiling, chandeliers, and the interplay of dark columns and light walls throughout the room, The Wagon Room can accommodate up to 300 guests at a seated banquet. Guests can mingle in intimate pockets of conversation at the lounge area, or at the bar. Expansive windows on two sides of the room bring the outdoors in, while warm architectural lighting provide a classy, cozy ambience to the space. The Wagon Room also has en suite access to the adjacent bridal suite and restroom facilities.

The Glass Room. Stunning glass walls on three sides of the room bring in a panoramic view that rivals the beautifully appointed interiors of this popular suite. A parquet dance floor, lounge, bridal suite and adjacent service kitchen all add up to non-stop party action for up to 270 guests.

Kay's Pier North. Space and light abound in this opulently designed room with its own bar, cocktail lounge and service kitchen. Featuring a striking ceiling adorned with cascades of cloth and cut-glass chandeliers, this room has floor-to-ceiling windows that seamlessly meld the outside with the interior, where up to 400 guests can wine, dine and celebrate.

Kay's Pier South. Couples looking for formal, understated elegance will love the richly paneled decor of Kay's Pier South. A corner bar, balcony and deck give the room provide guests with quiet places to connect, while the central space gives ample room for up to 350 guests at a seated banquet.

Aqua Turf Club will assist in all aspects of planning, including coordinating with outside suppliers to ensure the successful execution of the wedding couple’s vision of their perfect day. Bookings run for five and a half hours. Additional time may be booked separately. The wedding ceremony can be set up within the room upon request.

A dance floor and band area is part of every room’s layout. While entertainment is allowed during the entire booking, dancing is discouraged before or during dinner, to ensure that all guests are able to enjoy the sumptuous dinner service.

Aqua Turf Club has three tiered catering packages, which are easily customizable to suit whatever theme or budget. The Classic Package features a five-hour open bar with top-shelf liquor, wine service during dinner, champagne toast and a delectable four-course dinner. All tables are set with white napkins and floor-length linen with colored overlay.

The Traditional Package has all the amenities of the Classic Package, plus ivory or white chair covers and sash. The Royal Package features all the amenities of the Traditional Package, plus ultra premium liquor served in the open bar for five hours.

As an alternative to the traditional sit-down dinner, Aqua Turf Club offers two package options. The Contemporary Reception Package has eight food stations. Guests can freely select their appetizers from the hot hors d’oeuvres station, farm-to-fork fare from the harvest table and succulent meat from the carvery. Italian delights are available from the Pasta Station, cheese from the Tuscan table, along with delicious mouthfuls of sushi, salad and Viennese pastries from the other stations. The more affordable Valley Reception Package offers two hours of service with a similar line-up of stations as the Contemporary Reception Package, sans the cheese table and substituting a sweets station in lieu of Viennese pastries.

Outside catering services are allowed for special needs, provided they are licensed, insured, vetted and approved by the Aqua Turf Club. Rice, confetti and birdseed are not allowed. Bubbles are allowed outdoors.

Many couples will agree that there really is nothing quite like an Aqua Turf Club wedding because of the following perks:

• A detailed wedding planning checklist and a dedicated planner to help couples stay on track
  • A dedicated maître d' who is exclusively at the couple's beck and call throughout the event

Dreams Do Come Come

Sprawled across 35 acres, the Aqua Turf Club offers the perfect year-round setting for all your wedding needs. Beautiful paths lead you to some of the most picturesque locations with gazebos, fountains and even a windmill. Located on the grounds is the "Chapel in the Pines". The chapel is a beautiful, non denominational, New England style chapel that you can decorate to create the perfect atmosphere for your wedding. Our professionally trained sales and banquet staff is renowned for their attention to detail and personalized service. The Aqua Turf Club will help make your special day one to be remembered for years.

Ballroom

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

Bow2008 09
Bow2007

556 Mulberry Street, Plantsville, CT (860) 621-9335

AMAZING!

Reviewed on 11/17/2013 Samantha L

I love the aqua turf club. The customer service is a big part of why we chose them. Karen was our coordinator and she exceeded expectations. The food, the grounds, the space, everything I could ever have wanted was right here. My wedding was wonderful and Aqua Turf was a big... Read More piece of that. We were able to have the ceremony on site in the Chapel, and reception on site with 4 chooses of rooms. food is incredible.

Perfect

Reviewed on 11/15/2013 Tamra B

From the moment you pull in, this place is flawless. The chapel was perfect. They have 4 totally different reception rooms to fit your taste, but the Wagon Room was for us. The fireplace was beautifully decorated, the wagon shaped bar was unique, and a big dance floor. Everyone... Read More raved about the food, and they even asked if people wanted seconds! Staff was amazing. I wish I could do it again!

Stellar customer service

Reviewed on 11/10/2013 Nidhi D

They took care of everything the day of. We wanted for nothing. They made sure the bridal party comfortable through the cocktail hour. They handled packing up all my small touches without ever asking. We could not have been happier.

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Julia C

I have been to the Aqua Turf for other occasions but never a wedding. Everything could not have gone smoother. The servers were quick (and were sure to bring you a new drink before yours ran out without you even having to ask.) You were also allowed second helpings of your meal... Read More if you wished, which I thought was awesome. Our matradee was super helpful and always asked our opinions before beginning anything (ex: cutting the cake, the throwing of the bouquet etc.) The decor I provided to the Aqua Turf was set up beautifully. Even the days leading up to the wedding, Alyssa-a woman who works in the offices-helped in every single way to make sure she accommodated our requests to a T. Amazing night, our guests are still giving us compliments on the evening. The grounds are beautiful- we took our wedding pictures right on the grounds and did not find it necessary to find a "destination spot" for pictures because of this. Definitely recommend for a wedding reception.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Lashanda J

Aqua Turf Club was the absolute most amazing reception venue we could have chose. I wanted a fairy-tale wedding and the setting here allowed me to do just that. The property is astonishing and gorgeous! We entered in on our horse and carriage and the atmosphere at this location... Read More was the perfect place to do this. Our guests all commented on how beautiful the grounds and the facility were. Not only was Aqua Turf beautiful, but the food tastes amazing as well. We are truly thankful my parents found this location and we enjoyed every second of being there.

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 Kristin V

My Wedding was a dream come true at the Aqua Turf! My parents and I had looked at many wedding venues before seeing the Aqua Turf. Something about thew Aqua Turf was different, they seemed more down-to-earth there. Alyssa was our coordinator, she was the one that gave us our... Read More initial tour, then became our contact from start to finish. I felt like I was working with a friend to plan my wedding. Every time I would call, Alyssa would answer the phone, and I would start explaining who I was, figuring she had a million brides. She would always say, " Kristin, I remember you!" Any questions I had, however random or silly, I would just shoot over a quick email or call, and I would always feel a million times better after speaking with Alyssa. The Aqua Turf is very accommodating for special requests. My parents are on the particular side, and they were very pleased every step of the way. I never felt like it was a "wedding factory" as many people might say. The fact that they do so many weddings was a positive in my eyes. You feel like you're working one-on-one with your coordinator, but you are very confident that they will deliver a flawless wedding night because you know they have this successful facility! My Maitre D, Dawn, was wonderful, very detail-oriented. All of my guests keep telling me still how beautiful the room was (Kays Pier South) and how perfect the bar was, the food, literally everything was perfect. Overall, a wonderful venue. I would definitely suggest stopping by and taking a look if you haven't picked your wedding venue yet!

Highly Recommend the AquaTurf Club

Reviewed on 12/10/2015 Dawn W

Amazing from start to finish! The staff was attentive and helpful. Guests stated they were amazed by the level of attentiveness to the guests.

Reviewed on 11/25/2015 Livia F

We had our reception in the Aqua Turf's Glass Room and it was absolutely beautiful. We were so impressed with their professionalism and attention to detail. When we arrived for photos during the cocktail hour they had two servers ready to take care of us and the wedding party... Read More completely - I've had so many friends who have told me their biggest regret from their wedding day was not getting to take advantage of the hors d'oeuvres or cocktails so this made us extremely happy. The food was delicious and presentation was amazing. You can tell the Aqua Turf has every detail planned out so that the day is as stress-free as possible for the bride and groom. They were so great to work with and had no problem accommodating our planning a wedding from a few states away. I would absolutely recommend the Aqua Turf to anyone!

Reviewed on 11/04/2015 Gina C

I can not say enough good things about the Aqua Turf Club. They are a wedding machine! They clearly have amazing experience and do this all the time but they made us feel like our day was special Aqua Turf Club. They were super helpful during the planning stage. The day of... Read More the wedding they ensured everything went smoothly, ensured every detail was taken care of and ensured my groom and I had the time of our lives! I would highly recommend the beautiful Aqua Turf Club! they ensured everything went smoothly, ensured every detail was taken care of and ensured my groom and I had the time of our lives! I would highly recommend the beautiful Aqua Turf Club!

Awful awful experience with bride in tears multiple times

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 sarah s

A total wedding factory. Save your money and go somewhere else. The food is good, but everything is rushed and the staff seemed inexperienced and disorganized. They insisted on doing the cake cutting right as the meal came out for the guests, and the Maitre D' (who was absent... Read More up until this point) stood in the middle of the bride and groom while they were cutting, and then took the cake away...while they were still standing there and had not fed each other yet. The staff started taking away the coffee and centerpieces at 10:30, when the reception didn't end until midnight and there were still over 75 guests there. Talk about feeling rushed out the door! I'm sure it's great for a convention, birthday party, or prom, but avoid this horrible place for your wedding.

Perfect!

Reviewed on 9/05/2014 Angela T

Our wedding at the Aqua Turf was perfect - their staff was helpful from the first steps of planning all the way through to the end of the wedding night!

Fun times

Reviewed on 7/25/2014 Megan C

The wedding was wonderful, but it wasn't until the wedding day I found out that the cocktail hour and meal have to be in a two hour span. This made the food seem rushed for my husband and I. It also rushed photos so we never got any with my family. The coordinator knew pictures... Read More hadn't been done so I felt like it was his responsibility to make sure they were done too because we had a million things going on. He also didn't tell us to go eat until 15 minutes before they were removing food.

Great time

Reviewed on 11/05/2013 Rachel O

The Aqua Turf Club has beautiful grounds, the staff is wonderful, and the food is great! These people know what they are doing! After the whole experience there are somethings I would change and some I would not, the Aqua Turf is definitely something I would not change! I was... Read More treated like a true Princess and would recommend this venue to everyone

AMAZING!!!

Reviewed on 10/07/2013 Marcia C

From start to finish the Aqua Turf Club staff helps make your wedding PERFECT! Our guests are still raving about our venue. The grounds are perfectly manicured and maintained. The food is absolutely amazing and it keeps coming....our guests were able to choose between 5... Read More different entrees (3 meal choices in addition to the 2 vegetarian choices). When they were finished eating their plated meal, they were asked if they would like more....this is unheard of at wedding venues. Above and beyond does not even come close to describing the service! Our ring bearer was down for the count as soon as the reception began (6pm). At most venues, the kids curl up on a couple chairs placed together in the corner. NOT at the Aqua Turf! The staff carried in a love seat from the foyer for him to comfortably sleep on, and he did. Our guests were simply floored! As a bride, I had so many little loose ends that I needed to tie that day....no need, the staff was there from the moment we arrived on property to take care of anything we needed. From finding hairspray and band-aids to tracking down my candles for the chapel and getting them in place. Guys...it wasn't just the girls that received all the extra attention! The groom and groomsmen had the same experience. The staff helped pin on their boutonnieres, let them know where they were supposed to be and helped keep the bride and groom from seeing each other for a full 3 hours on the property before the wedding (we took many of our pictures ahead of time to allow us all to enjoy our reception to the fullest). The service level at this venue is beyond imagination. I simply cannot find the words to explain easy they made the whole wedding process for us. They provided us with the wedding of our dreams! If you want the perfect wedding at an unbelievably reasonable price (full open bar included), please do yourself a favor and speak with either Debbie or Melissa at the Aqua Turf Club!

Great Service, Food, and Venue!

Reviewed on 9/28/2013 Kelly W

We were very pleased with the service at the Aquaturf!The grounds made our pictures that much better! Kay Pier's North is such a beautiful room and we are so glad we chose it for our reception! Everyon commented on how the food was so good, and the staff was so very helpful! I... Read More wouldn't have changed a thing! Thanks Aquaturf!

June 2013 Wedding

Reviewed on 7/31/2013 Katharine B

I could not be more pleased with the Aqua Turf Club for our wedding. We had both our ceremony and our reception there. From day one (we booked a year and a half in advance) the staff at the AT were so accommodating and incredibly helpful. They walked us through every step of the... Read More process and offered helpful suggestions. The day of, our maître 'd was so helpful and helped make sure everyone was ready, organized, and comfortable. Because of the AT staff, everything went off without a hitch. At the reception, everyone's food was served at the same time, so tables were not waiting for their meals. Each table had two waiters. Guests were offered seconds, and had many people tell me how incredible the food was. My husband and I didn't get much time to eat, but our maître 'd made sure we were served first and then wrapped all of our food for us to take home. There was never a line at the bar for a drink, and we had over 200 guests. The room itself was stunning (Kays Pier North) and their grounds are pristine for pictures. I would highly recommend the Aqua Turf. It was amazing and I am so happy we had our wedding there!

AMAZING!

Reviewed on 7/01/2013 Heather W

I loved everything about the aqua turf from the beautiful chapel to how they perfectly set up everything in the reception. The girls were right there to help as soon as I stepped foot out of the limo and even carried my train for me every time I needed it. The customer service... Read More was fabulous that I even had guests telling me how great the staff was! Just perfect!!

Amazing day!

Reviewed on 6/09/2013 Vicki B

The aqua turf was above and beyond our expectations. Everyone was on top of things getting done on time. They were helpful, polite and very professional. The food was phenomenal and there was plenty to go around.

wonderful service

Reviewed on 4/25/2013 Rose G

Everyone at the Aqua Turf was professional, accomidating and kind. I was really impressed with their organization and they made my event a big hit!

Incredible!

Reviewed on 11/22/2012 Erica T

We were interested the Aqua Turf because of their reputation and they lived up to all the hype!! The atmosphere and food were top notch, but we were overly impressed with the staff. Let's face it- weddings are what they do, it is their business - however, at no time did we feel... Read More like "just another wedding". We were treated as if we were their only client, and that our wedding day was just as important to them as it was to us. Debbie, Melissa, Becky and Bobby are a few of the employees who assisted us with the planning and execution of our special day. They were great listeners and attentive to all our needs and wants. We would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone looking to get married in a unique, comfortable and classic venue. Every single one of our guests commented that it was the best wedding food they had ever had! As a same sex couple, our only suggestion would be for the paperwork to be updated to reflect different family structures. Everyone should at least consider this venue for their wedding!!

Perfect

Reviewed on 10/31/2012 Stacey C

The Aqua Turf Club was picture perfect for our wedding reception! When we went to look at the Aqua Turf for the first time I fell in love! On our wedding day the service was great and everything went very smoothly! The staff was so kind and generous they did whatever we wanted!... Read More The only problem I had was we were suppose to get flowers at the head table and the parents table and they were no where to be found and all they said was sorry. That was my only problem with them but everything else was excellent! The Aqua Turf Club is very reasonably priced and you get a lot for your money!

Best venue ever

Reviewed on 10/25/2012 Kathryn E

I love this place! I've been to a wedding and had my own wedding here. All my friends rave about the food and the landscape is beautiful. The staff are really nice and accommodating.

AMAZING

Reviewed on 9/21/2012 Jessica B

We booked the Aqua Turf Club and used their a la carte option. They are actually very reasonably priced, and we had a larger than normal wedding We worked with Mike Aberg and his team and they are super patient, super nice, and extremely helpful in setting up, decorating and... Read More making sure your day goes off without a hitch. We literally dropped decorations off the night before and didn't have to give much direction and when I showed up the next day we were in awe at how beautiful the room turned out. They are pros, let them do their thing and they will do it well!

The Best

Reviewed on 9/13/2012 Kelly H

I looked at venues spanning across VT, NH MA and CT, when I came to the Aqua Turf I knew I had found the perfect place. The grounds are so well kept and the food is amazing. Their packages include an open bar, including top shelf drinks and shots. But the best part was the... Read More staff. The day of my wedding I had 2 staff members with me to check if I needed anything and to keep us on track throughout the event. The waiters even did a little show just before serving everyone. the Aqua Turf was so accommodating; even after i had picked my 3 meals they still allowed my guests to pick other things if those meals didn't work for them. Each of their rooms are so different so you can really any atmosphere you want. Everyone who went to my wedding said that it was the best wedding they had ever been too. No one had anything but wonderful things to say about the food, service or overall look. This is the place everyone should want to have their wedding. The cost is really up to you. With their packages you don't pay a room fee or anything else, all you pay is a plate fee. I choose the most expensive one at 147.45 (includes tax) and I had 200 guests but you can definitely do less.

August 2012 Wedding

Reviewed on 8/28/2012 Stacie M

We couldn't have been happier that we chose the aqua turf to host our special day! They were so professional and helpful with everything! we will definitely be recommending them in the future!