Arena Bridal & Formal Wear

Shelby Township, MI

Michigan's go-to salon for everything wedding

Our full-service salon has been catering to brides for over 75 years! For generations we continue to provide brides and their parties with the most sought after gowns for their special day. Complimentary Alterations are our gift to our brides and mothers of the occasion.

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Fashion

52095 Van Dyke Ave, Shelby Township, MI

AMAZING

Reviewed on 9/01/2013 Natalia

I love this salon! I received the best customer service here out of the 7 salons I visited. Audrey was amazing...she took her time and was with me forever with patience and lots of excellent recommendations. They have very competitive pricing and are family-owned, which I love. Would highly recommend!!!

Perfect wedding dress

Reviewed on 8/20/2013 AMANDA K

Great store! The staff is amazingly nice and helpful. A wide selection with great designers. Always has some type of sale going. Alterations included with the cost of the dress. Loved my experience.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 6/25/2013 Heather M

I loved my dress!!! It fit me just the way I wanted it too!! They were all very helpful with ideas or pointers to help with my dress. When there was a problem, they were willing to fix it and it did indeed get fixed. The cost, the dress, and the service was everything I was looking for. I received sooooo many compliments on my dress. It was gorgeous and perfect! :)

Mrs. Scott

Reviewed on 7/07/2015 Rachel R

I got my dress it was beautiful, my alterations were done and my dress fit beautifully. The only downside was they do not do alterations to bridesmaid dresses and they give a suggested places, one of my girls used the suggestion and had a lot of problems.

Worst store I went to

Reviewed on 4/04/2015 Casey G

Trying on wedding dresses should be fun and enjoyable for each and every bride. It was a disaster from the beginning...I have never been one to complain and always honest. I always like to give people the benefit of a doubt because everyone has bad days now and then. I came in after making an appointment days prior and they didn't know I was due to come in and were rude about it, but it was a later appointment and thought well maybe they had a busy day so I just went with it. I'm almost positive they gave me a newer consultant, she didn't really know what she was doing but I wasn't as mad about that as I was with what happened later, but I'll get to that. I would never give a new employee a hard time because we have all been new at some point. So I was very patient because she was kind and I could tell she was trying hard to make me happy. So I so appreciated that. I did have a late appointment like I stated before and knew my time was limited and the consultant didn't make me feel rushed at all, what made me feel rushed was when I had my last dress on which I loved, and they turned all the lights in the building off on me as I was standing in front of the mirror in the viewing area!!!!! I am a wedding consultant in the wedding industry and I have never rushed a bride out of my store! If they need to stay late then I happily stay for them. I would expect that they would do the same for me. When I walked out the door and started my car I looked at the clock and it read 8:02pm, they close at 8:00pm and I was in the dark in the viewing area with my family (still in the last dress I loved) for about 20 minutes before I was dresses and left!!!!! It blew my mind that any store will do that to a customer, let alone a bridal store. The same dress I loved at Arena I purchased at another store and the experience was awesome! I purchased my dress at Macy's Bridal Salon at Sommerset Mall. I highly recommend it!!!!!! I used to recommend brides to Arena all the time and so did my fellow associates and we will no longer. I was very happy at Macy's and cannot wait to go back for follow up. BRIDES BEWARE ARENA!!!

Bridal Gown

Reviewed on 12/20/2014 Margaret B

I LOVE the sales staff at Arena. I've shopped at Arena several times in the past for bridesmaids dresses and with other friends who were getting married. You get the bridal experience. I would have given a higher rating in service (because like I said, the sales staff is great) but the seamstresses seemed impatient and not willing to listen to me. I had to have 5 fittings and each time I felt like the seamstress was trying to brush my concerns aside and just get me out the door. The dress was beautiful in the end, and I would still recommend this as a great place to find your dress. Great choices!

beautiful dress

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Kaylen C

My dress was beautiful and fairly inexpensive compared to what I thought this dress would cost. My only issue was the fitting- my alterations were included in the dress but there was A LOT of back and forth on getting it to fit properly. I had to go to 4 different fittings before it was acceptable. It was a bit of a hassle. Otherwise, I could always get in touch and could schedule appointments.

My dress was perfect

Reviewed on 9/10/2014 Shelley

Everything about Arena was wonderful; the time they let us spend trying on dresses to their service. My dress was altered the right way, the first time. There were no surprises. Love this shop!

Best service ever.

Reviewed on 2/28/2014 Julie J

Arena Bridal was amazing! We got our bridesmaid dresses for my sister's wedding from there in April of 2010, and the service we received there was so great, that was the only store I was interested in looking at for my wedding Feb 2014. I found my dress, my bridesmaid dresses, and my mom's dress all on the same night. They have dresses to fit any budget, would highly reccomend checking them out!

Dresses

Reviewed on 11/26/2013 Tiffany B

I got my wedding dress and all my bridesmaids dresses here. Liz was a great help throughout the year. Loved the dresses but the quality of both was not that good. My wedding dress started falling apart the night of and so did the bridesmaids dresses. Obviously, that is not on the dress shop but on the designers.

Great place to purchase your wedding gown!

Reviewed on 11/04/2013 Lavinia L

Every consultant I worked with was extremely helpful and they helped me find the dress that I love. They are also super laid back which I liked and it made my dress shopping experience easier.

Perfection!

Reviewed on 10/25/2013 Julia L

After having several bad experiences with "pushy" bridal shops, I went to Arena. They have beautiful dresses at reasonable prices. I was fortunate enough to get my dress from one of their sample sales. The sales rep (Ida) was a dream to work with. She was very attentive and patient and you could tell she just wanted me to be happy, no hidden agenda or pushiness. We ended up getting our bridesmaid dresses from there too and had the same wonderful experience.

Loved my dress!!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2013 Allessandra f

This was the third place I went for dress shopping. They were so helpful and allowed me to try on as many as I wanted to get a feel for what I liked. I ended up in a beautiful strapless lace dress with jeweling at the top and down the back where it tied up. Would recommend to any bride. I also got our bridesmaids dresses here which were exactly what I was looking for all over the internet. Thanks Arena!

Love Love Arena Bridal

Reviewed on 11/27/2012 natalie e

Amazing service! Amazing designers!

Easy to work with and something for everyone

Reviewed on 11/20/2012 andrea b

They were easy to work with, I got the best price for my dress at Arena. Other shops wanted to charge me 500-800 dollars more than what I paid at Arena. They also do the alterations and dress storage for free! Great place!

Great service!

Reviewed on 11/19/2012 Megan L

I got my wedding dress at Arena. They were the first shop I went to and I tried on 7 dresses, the 7th one was it! The customer service was great, their was always someone to help. They also altered my dress and it came out perfect!

A wonderful place!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2012 Sarah B

The staff is very nice and personable. I was able to take advantage of thier Maggie Sottero trunk show and got 10% off my dress, free bustle, 20% all head pieces/veils as long as i want to the veil/headpiece trunk show, and free alterations (which they give to all brides). They have a wonderful selection of dresses. And they let you know right away when your dress is in! Again Staff was very friendly and did a wonderful job teaching my sister/MOH how to string my corset and do my bustle. I would go back in a heart beat. in fact I wish i would have got my bridesmaids dresses there; even though they don't do BMs' alterations. I'm sure your wondering why i gave service a 4/5 when everything else is a 5/5 and i said they are very friendly. This is only because in the very beginning I wish they would have helped with trying on dresses just a little bit more. but i realize that not everyone is comfortable getting dressed infront of a stranger. Overall they are amazing ladies!!!

Great price, BAD sizing

Reviewed on 10/25/2012 Jenny L

OK, so I know that everyone freaks out about what size their wedding dress was. I am not one of those people. But when Arena measured me they said that I was a size 20, and then tried to persuade me against ordering a small size. My jeans are a 12...and I KNOW bridal sizes run weird, but a size 20 I am not. I ended up ordering the size 18 (thinking the sales lady MUST know what she is talking about it) and when it comes in it is 4 sizes too big. The alterations lady (alterations ARE included so its not a scam to try and get more money) wanted me to order a smaller dress or take the sample which I refused to do. For the most part they were able to take the dress in, but the bust never did fit totally right and I was left tugging up my dress all night long.

Bridesmaid Dresses

Reviewed on 10/18/2012 Kelly L

Arena Bridal has by far the largest selection of dresses in Metro Detroit for Bridesmaids, Brides, Flower Girls, and Mother of the Bride/Groom. Their service is top notch. But that does come with a slightly higher price. Also, they are conservative on their dress ordering times. I think they want to make sure the dresses are always their on time for your event. And judging my the large number of dresses they sell, they keep their customers happy. They were even able to handle a Mother of the Bride who was a little too demanding (and she ended up buying her dress at another store). The one touching point is they only do alterations on brides and mother of the bride/groom dresses, but not the bridesmaid of flower girl dresses. Otherwise, our experience with Arena was excellent.

The dress

Reviewed on 9/08/2012 Rachel M

My dress was beyond perfect, it was everything I ever dreamed of and Arena Bridal made my experience absolutely perfect! Once we called when we wanted to come pick the dress up and took a detour when we realized we had a lot of time to get there. Arena called to check to make sure we were okay and that nothing had happened to us! They value their customers and that in itself speaks volumes!! I felt like a princess on my wedding day. Thanks Arena

Great place to find a wedding dress!

Reviewed on 8/28/2012 Leslie B

I loved this place. Everyone was so nice & helpful and they have a wide range of dresses as far as price. I didn't want to spend a ton on a dress an found a perfect one within my budget. Can't beat free alterations for the bride either!!

Loved my dress!

Reviewed on 7/23/2012 Andrea B

I received so many compliments on my dress...when Duane saw me he was so pleased with the type of dress I picked.

AMAZING service

Reviewed on 7/18/2012 Nicole P

I can not say enough good things about Arena Bridal! They were amazing to work with! It was so different than working with David's Bridal (who I also went to, before choosing a dress from Arena!). At David's Bridal, they assign multiple people to one employee. At Arena, it's just you. They are amazing, from your first time looking, until you are completely done. Liz found out my style of dress, found one that was in my budget, and brought in a suggestion...and she was right! It was the one! It was perfect! I lived out of town during the wedding plans, and they were great about accomodating my fittings around when I'd be home so I didn't have to take time off of work! When we started looking for headpieces, we went to a few places, and I was very undecided. I went back to Arena, and Liz again helped me pick out the PERFECT headpiece that went with my dress! I have recommended everyone I know to go to Arena because you will be completely taken care of!

Bride and bridesmaids

Reviewed on 7/16/2012 Kelly G

Awesome experience getting my dress and fitted. Ordered bridesmaids just before the rush fee would have been applied and the dresses didn't come in until a week before the wedding, which was an added bit of stress and were the wrong style. We ordered the short style of the dress, but they came in long. It worked out though and I decided to keep the dresses long, which looked awesome and then we didn't have to worry about where the dresses would hit on all the girls. They also did the alterations for my bridesmaids, even though they normally don't.

Hardworking

Reviewed on 7/02/2012 Katie K

This salon did a great job with my dress! It was so great working with people that actually cared about your wedding! I had some issues with my dress but the store took care of everything. Even though it came really close to the event before I could get my dress I never felt nervous. I knew this store was going to come through for me!

TO Arena Bridal & Formal Wear