No lights. No fog. No gimmicks.

Aria Melody DJ is a refreshingly different kind of company. We strive to get right what so many DJs get wrong. We monitor the volume, give you creative control over your playlist, honor Must Play/Do Not Play requests & do everything we can to be the alternative to the typical, cheesy wedding DJ.

Classical, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Arabic, Caribbean, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Persian, World Music

After Party, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

New York, NY (917) 412-0536

Highly recommend DJ Joe and Aria Melody!

Reviewed on 12/15/2013 Kayleigh R

We are so happy with our choice to hire Aria Melody for our wedding. We are huge music fans and were really looking for a DJ that would focus on playing the music (and not talking). DJ Joe did an absolutely fantastic job! He did the perfect job of playing music that kept the... Read More dance floor packed. We had originally planned not to have a dancing set before dinner but on the day of DJ Joe made the call to have and it was a HIT! DJ Joe and John Sinclair (the owner) were great to work with, professional, organized and responsive. Our friends and family told us repeatedly that DJ Joe was the best wedding DJ they've ever heard and everyone is still talking about our party! When DJ Joe managed to mix together Gwen Stefani and Britney Spears (two of my all time favorites!) my wedding night was made! Thank you, Aria Melody for making our wedding unforgettable! We would recommend without hesitation.

Aria Melody Rocked!

Reviewed on 8/21/2013 Jill A

Aria Melody is all about the "no gimmicks, no lights, no cheese" and this is exactly what we wanted. John Sinclair was really easy to get in touch with and he put us in touch with our Dj, Owen. Owen found out more about us and we created a really fun musical atmosphere that... Read More everyone from my friends to my parents could enjoy. I would highly recommend Owen and Aria Melody to any bride!

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 greg f

Worked with Aria Melody (DJ Owen) on my recent wedding in CT. Owen did a fantastic, very smooth, very professional job, both in the lead up to the big day and at the event itself. Highly recommended.

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 greg f

Reviewed on 11/09/2016 Meg T

Aria Melody DJ was great to work with! From the beginning, Owen was incredible responsive and gave us all of the confidence in the world. My husband and I were planning our wedding from out of town and Aria made it a very seamless process. On the day of the wedding Nicole was... Read More our DJ and Owen was there to help/support. Both were professional and made the night an awesome time for all of our guests. I would highly recommend to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Tom M

DJ Rob played our wedding and couldn't have done a more amazing job. He incorporated all of our "must plays" at the right times, created the distinct vibe we were looking for at each point in the evening (cocktail hour/during dinner/different points of the dance set), and also... Read More did a great job MCing . We couldn't have been more pleased. I was also surprised by how many specific songs you choose for various points in the night (walking down the aisle together right after the ceremony, entering the reception for the first time, etc.), and Rob made great suggestions for all of those. Hopefully I don't have to get married again, but if I do then I'm definitely going to have Rob DJ!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016

Aria Melody DJ was awesome! Super easy to work with, more than fair pricing and made the event very special. Our DJ was very professional, accommodating and had a great music sense. Played a great mix of top 20, oldies, group dance songs, etc. Can not say a bad thing about Aria... Read More Melody DJ!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Lauren M

Aria Melody and DJ Rob Sicat were perfect. A few weeks before our wedding, we provided Rob with a few playlists that captured the different vibes for different portions of the night (acoustic rock for cocktail hour, downtempo/lounge electronica for dinner and a varied upbeat... Read More party playlist for after full of throwbacks to different eras). He was very easygoing and familiar with everything we sent and did an excellent job mixing. As all reviews indicate, Aria is known for its simple, "clean" setup (no branding, no talking into the mic, no in-your-face set-up) and it worked perfectly for our rooftop Manhattan wedding!

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Sandy L

Aria Melody, and specifically Rob, were fantastic to work with. By far the best value for money vendor of our entire wedding. The prices were incredibly reasonable but it was really the service, responsiveness, and desire to make our event a success that made our experience... Read More exceptional. Rob did a fantastic job of getting all the groups at our wedding on the dance floor - everyone commented on the quality of the music and had a blast. Rob also DJ'd the cocktail hour / dinner and did a great job aligning with the vibe we wanted to set at each point in the wedding. Finally, Rob was very flexible and was willing to go late when we decided to extend our wedding by 30 minutes last minute. THANK YOU for making our wedding so wonderful!

Reviewed on 9/30/2016 Jillian R

Music was possibly the most important thing to us for our entire wedding day, and choosing Aria Melody was a great decision on our part. We knew we needed a DJ, but were both were terrified we'd end up with a goofy guy in a goofy suit playing line dances and the chicken dance... Read More all night. Finding Aria Melody really put all of those concerns at ease. Rob really understood the style and the feel we were going for. My husband and I are both a little snobby when it comes to music, but we also wanted all of our guests to have a good time. We were able to pick the majority of the playlist, and Rob did a great job filling in the blanks where things were missing. There was so much dancing! Even where my husband and I kind of "dropped the ball" with picking things like entrance music and cake cutting music, Rob basically figured it out on the spot, and it was all perfect. I had MULTIPLE guests come up to me during the reception and tell me that they normally didn't like the music at weddings, but that they loved every song. And of course, there was no unnecessary yelling, no inflatable saxophones, and no corny gimmicks. I'd say that everything was perfect. The planning process was also painless. It was very easy to get in touch and communicate. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Aria Melody to anyone, especially if they share any of the some concerns about your typical gimmicky wedding DJ.

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Jaime L

Absolutely fantastic! Exactly what we were looking for! From the ceremony to the reception - it was everything we wanted. Just good music and non-stop dancing. Nicole and Owen created such a fun and enjoyable atmosphere. Our guests are still raving about what a great time... Read More they had!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Louisa A

Owen (the proprietor) and Rob (the DJ) were supportive, communicative, and responsive - the three biggest things you can ask for while trying to plan a wedding. On top of all that, Rob had a good touch with the crowd and all of our friends loved the music. I don't think I... Read More stopped dancing the entire night.

Reviewed on 9/21/2016

Great DJ service! For my daughter's wedding, our DJ from Aria Melody was Joe Dunn and we could not have been more pleased with Joe's professionalism and with the happy results. We highly recommend Joe!

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Nicholas M

We had an absolutely flawless experience with Aria Melody and our DJ, Rob Sicat. When it comes to their motto of "No Lights, No Fog, No Gimmicks" they were exactly as advertised. Our reception was in a lofted bar space in Hoboken, and we were looking to leave all formalities at... Read More the door. We didn't want any intros or any other big to-do's, but the music had to keep the party moving through it's various ebbs and flows. Rob did just that and more. Having worked with us in the months leading up to the event through a collaborative playlist on Spotify, Rob was able to get a great sense of our musical tastes. It turns out we had a lot in common across genres we never would have guessed. A quick phone call a couple weeks out from the wedding to go over our list and any other last minute details, and we were set. On the night of Rob absolutely killed it. Playing a mix of top 40 with some choice throwbacks and guilty pleasures of yesteryear, he had everyone moving and commenting on how much they loved the music. He was even able to adjust on the fly when I realized I hadn't included any reggae for the Jamaican side of my family. The best part of the evening was the last half hour when just our closest friends remained, and Rob dropped some choice tracks from the late 90's pop punk era that brought us back to high school. And the best part about all of this was he did it all without saying a word and being that over zealous combo of DJ and MC, which is exactly what we wanted. The music did all the talking, and we couldn't have been happier. If you're looking for people who love music for music, and want your event to speak for itself without someone on a mic doing it for you, Aria Melody and Rob have our vote ten times out of ten.

Reviewed on 8/02/2016 Charlotte B

Aria Melody was absolutely perfect! Music is very important to us so we wanted to make sure the mood was set appropriately and transitioned from mix-and-mingle to dance party seamlessly. Owen is very responsive and helpful, and our DJ Joseph was everything we could have hoped... Read More for. He worked with us to create playlists on Spotify that were our 'must-haves' and other songs we like and from there he made sure the songs flowed together. I would definitely recommend Aria Melody DJ to anyone looking for a professional and personalized music experience.

Reviewed on 8/01/2016

Aria Melody was very responsive and truly delivered on making my engagement party a night to remember. DJ June D was amazing! She kept my guests dancing the entire night. She did great working off our playlist and helping us make a balanced list to please all of our guests.... Read More Everyone said the music was amazing and kept asking who our DJ was. It was a pleasure having June DJ our event. I would recommend Aria Melody to everyone. You know the DJ was on point when ALL of your guests are dancing and singing along the entire night. Thanks for making my night so memorable!!!

Reviewed on 7/01/2016 Rachel M

This is an amazing service. The DJ is really professional and really fun to work with. They really make the party and have everyone dance. I highly recommend this service.

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Stefanie W

We couldn't have asked for a better DJ. Rob was very communicative in the run-up to the wedding (we traded playlists on Spotify and had several phone conversations) and absorbed our many suggestions. Our tastes were somewhat idiosyncratic, but Rob's instincts were spot-on and... Read More the playlists came together perfectly. On the day of, everything went off without a hitch - and he got literally every single person, from infant to grandparent, shaking their tailfeather! Many people told us afterwards that it was the best wedding DJ they'd ever experienced. We can't recommend Aria Melody enough. Thanks!

Reviewed on 6/06/2016 Lauren E

Joe was the DJ at our May 7 wedding at Minerals Resort and Spa in NJ. He was great. We had a really customized playlist and he played everything that we wanted while throwing in some Top 40 to please the crowd. He listened to us and got a good feel for our style. He was flexible... Read More enough to have a phone conference with us at the very beginning and meet up with us last minute to discuss final details. We didn't have to worry about a thing. Nothing flashy or corny went into it either, as promised. Owen was great to communicate with and responded very quickly to emails. I would definitely recommend this company.

Reviewed on 5/30/2016 Nicole P

DJ Rob Sicat was the consummate professional! You will not be disappointed with Aria Melody. My pops and I are devout music fans from several different genres and Rob was fluent in all of them! He met and surpassed my dad and I's expectations. No cheesy music and no electric... Read More slide. Rob was professional and easy to reach via email and phone. The music and reception went on without a hitch. TWO THUMBS UP FOR THIS AMAZING DJ !

Reviewed on 4/03/2016

Weddings are stressful enough - you don't want to be worrying about your musical entertainment on top of everything else! Luckily, the minute we got in touch with Aria Melody DJ we knew we were in good hands. Our DJ, Joseph Schimicci, was professional, upbeat and open to any... Read More musical request we had (and we had a pretty wide array). "Don't worry," he said, "I'll fill in the blanks." He did an amazing job, both with the music and keeping the evening running smoothly. Our guests could not stop talking about great our DJ was!

Reviewed on 2/29/2016 Diana C

Aria Melody DJ was exactly what we wanted. Joseph Schimicci DJ'd our wedding, and while there were one or two odd transitions during the reception, he was working with an eclectic mix of songs and a freeform kind of wedding schedule. In the end, everything was perfect - a truly... Read More excellent value, an easy booking and communication process, an unobtrusive DJ, and tons of fun.

Happy Bride!

Reviewed on 1/23/2016 Cassie L

We had a fantastic experience working with Joseph Schimicci at Aria Melody DJ. Joe was a class act and extremely professional from the initial call til the end of the wedding. I didn't stress at all about the sound/music leading up to the wedding which was a huge relief as I... Read More knew we were in good hands. We booked Joe for the standard 4 hour package plus another hour for an additional $200 and on the night of the wedding we were able to extend for another 30 minutes which made our night. Joe played all of the songs we submitted plus mixed in some oldies when he noticed that my parents were tearing up the dance floor. The sweetest thing was when he remembered to play a song for the last song of the night that we'd told him about over the phone but had forgotten to follow up with the artist in writing and as a result I didn't expect he'd play. Essentially Joe will make sure that the night is special and meaningful for you which is really all that matters. Don't hesitate to book Joe at Aria Melody DJ for your wedding!

Reviewed on 1/02/2016 Lindsay W

I knew Aria Melody was "the one" after seeing their straightforward, "no gimmicks" website, and they totally delivered. Joe S. was a dynamite DJ--I'm kind of bummed that I was busy being a bride during some of the music bits, because I would have LOVED to have been part of the... Read More surprise funk session that broke out in the middle of the night. Joe was great at moving in and out of songs that weren't getting people on the floor, something that only happened maybe twice. He was very easy to work with (so mellow that I was even a little nervous about his potential energy levels--I shouldn't have wasted my time. He was totally on his A-game), and even sourced a few songs that I was worried would be difficult to get. Four months later, and people are still talking about how fun our wedding was. Joe was a huge part of that, and I'm so grateful.

Joseph Schimicci

Reviewed on 11/15/2015 Kate D

All we can say is that Joe was amazing. My wife and I got married in Princeton in October and just like everyone else we did the rounds on bands and Djs. We decided to go with a DJ, as bands are many times limited to what type of music they can play. We decided to... Read More contact Joe and after talking to him we booked him right away. We didn’t want lasers, lights, smoke machines, or anything kitschy at our wedding. We wanted good music, someone easy to work with, professional, and to listen to our needs. Joe was exactly that, he showed up in a three-piece suite and as soon as we met him our wedding stress went away. We had several calls leading up to the wedding on what music we wanted and did not want and Joe delivered. We have been to many weddings where the music drags on and on, and only one genre is played. That is exactly what we did not want. We had various ages at our wedding and wanted something for everyone. I can honestly say Joe took our list of songs we like and seamlessly turned it into a party for all. No on was sitting down at our wedding, even the slower dinner music was great. Our wedding venue and photographer also commented on how easy Joe was to work with, something, which is very important during a wedding, as you really have no control. If you a are looking for a DJ who genuinely cares about you, who listens to what you want, and as professional as they come, then Joe is your man, don’t even look elsewhere. Oh and his price is a steal compared to other DJs. Thanks Joe for an amazing day!

Start a Conversation!