Arlene D Marston Photography

Boston, Marblehead, North Shore, New England & Beyond

Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Second Shooter Available

Marblehead, MA Boston, Marblehead, North Shore, New England & Beyond (617) 308-1050

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Tiffany B

Arlene is the greatest! Not only did she listen to every single thing we wanted, she also braved some crazy weather with us for our engagement pictures (that came out amazing BTW!) Arlene is so easy to work with and she is calm, which is what you want when someone is taking... Read More pictures of you. :) Our engagement and wedding photos are so beautiful because of Arlene. She is so talented and I highly recommend her! Thank you for making our wedding so special, Arlene.

Reviewed on 3/28/2017 Jessica B

Arlene is not only extremely talented, but a wonderful person to work with. From start to finish she answered every single question I had and left me with full confidence about our big day. My photos are fantastic, my album is gorgeous, and I have nothing but happy memories of... Read More my wedding day. I would absolutely recommend her work to anyone looking for the perfect wedding photographer.

Reviewed on 1/12/2017 Christina L

We planned our wedding from the west coast, and Arlene was a great and helpful part of the process. She even helped me find someone to do my wedding makeup. Pre-signing anything, we Skyped to discuss how we could work within our budget and what we wanted style-wise. Arlene has... Read More an eye for composition, and she produces editorial quality photos. Our wedding photos are beautiful.

Fun, Fantastic, True-to-Life Photos!

Reviewed on 8/20/2015 Claire T

Arlene did a SPECTACULAR job capturing the fun, irreverent, and joyful vibe of our May wedding in Boston's South End! We weren't interested in staid, traditional photos, and Arlene completely delivered what she described as "ninja photographer" skills - capturing our wedding as... Read More it happened, a series of fun, silly, occasionally rambunctious little moments. Arlene is very professional, quick, affable, creative, and up for anything. It was a pleasure working with her for an engagement session and for the wedding, and it's been a delight perusing the photos! What we got was a great mix of (mostly) un-posed candid shots and some simple posed group shots. Arlene has a good eye for backgrounds, and she knows Boston's prettiest locations well. We are so glad we found her, and couldn't be happier with what we received!

Great photographer!

Reviewed on 8/10/2014

There are so many good things to say about Arlene Marston Photography it so hard to sum up in a review. She's really professional as well as creative. Our parents really liked her and we appreciated how patient she was with them since they kept pulling her aside to take... Read More pictures. We really wanted a photographer who took candid pictures and didn't make us pose for every picture and that is exactly how Arlene worked. It was great working with her and we definitely plan on recommending her to our family and friends.

Amazing

Reviewed on 8/04/2014 Renee D

Arlene was such a big part of my wedding. I wanted amazing pictures and thats exactly what i got. First her and I did a boudoir shoot so i could make my fiancé a book to give him before the wedding. We had so much fun with the whole thing. She is amazing at what she does and she... Read More makes you feel really comfortable even half naked! As for the wedding day she was amazing we wanted a lot of candid photos of people in the moment. She captured everything amazingly. She also had a bunch of unique ideas for us to shoot our bridal party too. She is such a great person and she took care of all our photography needs i would highly recommend her!

Wonderful photographer!

Reviewed on 10/27/2013 Allison K

We chose to check out Arlene because of her reasonable prices and the high quality of her work on her website, and we are very happy we did. In the meetings we had with her before the wedding she was professional and made us feel comfortable, and on the wedding day she captured... Read More some really beautiful shots. Her focus on candids and a photojournalism style were just what we were looking for, and everyone who has looked at our photos with us has remarked on how good they are. Thanks, Arlene!

Exactly what we hoped for!

Reviewed on 10/04/2013 Kelly L

If I could give Arlene more stars I would! Arlene was exactly what we were looking for in a wedding photographer. I was initially drawn to her style but what I really appreciated about her was how she communicated with us before, during, and after our wedding. During our... Read More initial meeting with her she put together a contract that would work for us. She explained how she works and what we should expect. I totally have a Type A personality so I really appreciate how organized she is. After we signed the contract about 3-4 months before our wedding we received a client workbook that outlined everything she needed for our wedding from important contact information to "must-have shots" on our wedding day. 2 weeks before our actually wedding day we met 1 more time to go over the workbook. This made me feel so at ease leading up to our wedding day. On our actual wedding day she was early as she always was when we met. Besides the formal shots I honest don't remember seeing her much (my mom even mentioned she did she her much either)so I have to admit I was a little nervous to see the results but when we got back our pictures it all made sense. She has the wonderful ability to capture people naturally - not posed or staged. My wedding pictures make me laugh and cry just like my wedding day and I can't say in words how much that means to me. we received my pictures in less than a month and couldn't be happier. I will hire her again in a heartbeat!

Impressed

Reviewed on 8/30/2013 Ryan D

While I wasn't involved with every single detail of my wedding I did help find our photographer. I have to say I was impressed with how Arlene worked,how well she got a long with our wedding party and all our guests. The overall quality of her work was well worth the price. I... Read More would highly recommend her.

Wonderful photographer, wonderful photos!

Reviewed on 8/29/2013

We were overwhelmed with the number of photographers in the Boston area, and by the range of prices offered. We chose Arlene for her reasonable price, the quality of photos on her website, and her availability. We were delighted with both her as a photographer and her work!... Read More She listened to exactly what we wanted (lots of candids, not very many posed photos) in our photos and we are extremely happy with the result. People at our wedding complimented her style as a photographer even before they had seen the photos, and everyone is impressed with the final result.

LOVE

Reviewed on 7/25/2013 Maureen T

Arlene was fantastic! I didn't even know she was there most of the time. My pictures are beautiful, I will use her again for family pictures

We Loved Arlene

Reviewed on 7/09/2013 Kathryn S

Arlene was great from the start. She was early to all our meetings and acted professionally and courteously every moment. My husband is very sensitive with picture taking and he was completely comfortable around her. His mother was actually worried because she didn't see... Read More Arlene around much at the wedding, but that's because Arlene has stealth powers! She was there because she caught all the great moments! She caught a picture of me with one of my flower girls that makes me want to cry with joy/pride every time I see it - it's that precious! Arlene was very understanding about my fear of too little vs. too much make up and helped me to feel comfortable about it. We worked out a plan to solve that issue together. She also responded promptly to all emails and managed to get out a facebook cover collage photo before our honeymoon, too. We both highly recommend Arlene.

Best photographer ever!

Reviewed on 6/24/2013 Jennifer C

Photography was really important to me on my wedding day and I really struggled trying to decide on who to hire. So when I first met Arlene I knew I had to hire her. She was super nice, really organized, and I liked her style of photography. I contacted her several times... Read More before our wedding because we had so many changes in our wedding plans and she was always supportive and willing to listen to our ideas. On the actual day of our wedding since I spoke to her so many times I felt like she was part of the family and she really put me at ease even though I a nervous wreck. My family and bridal party kept telling how nice my photographer was and I totally agreed. So only after a few weeks when we got our pictures earlier than expected from Arlene I seriously cried because I loved them so much. She really captured my wedding better than I could have imagined. I highly recommend Arlene to anyone getting married!

Loved!

Reviewed on 6/13/2013 Peggy C

Arlene took our wedding pictures and we are beyond thrilled with them. She agreed to help us even with less than a month's notice. The wedding was at night inside a venue that wasn't brightly lit, yet her pictures were still clear and captured the spontaneity we wanted (even... Read More though our families wanted tons of group shots). We received a DVD of all the photos, as well as the album (lots of choices for color and materials). I would recommend Arlene.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/05/2012 Stefanie H

Arlene is incredibly talented! She's a wonderful person that I feel truly blessed to have at my wedding. Most people can't say that about their vendors. Her work is out of this world, she captured the emotions of the day better than even I remember. She also has a huge... Read More heart and incredible rates. Amazing Amazing Amazing...can't say enough good things!

Loved our Photographer!

Reviewed on 7/03/2012 Jacqueline W

We LOVE our engagement and wedding pictures from Arlene!! Finding a wedding photographer was such a headache- I was practically in tears before I found Arlene's website. Her photography was beautiful, and it seemed promising. Staying within our budget was important to us, and... Read More not only were Arlene's prices reasonable, she was willing to work with us to build a package to suit our needs. We did an engagement session with her as well in order to meet her prior to the big day. We loved having that time to meet her and found that it helped us to feel more comfortable on the day of. Arlene is creative and sees opportunities for photos where others may not. She has innovative ideas for poses and takes the time to ask the bride and groom what they think. There are two things that stand out for me about Arlene. First, she sends you ALL of your photos on a dvd (a keepsake in and of itself decorated with photos from your big day). Second, she really puts in 100%- when I looked at our photos, I was surprised at how many angles she was able to shoot on her own during the ceremony- it was like she was everywhere at once! We are so pleased that we went with Arlene and highly recommend her to other brides in the Northeast!!

Exceptional Photographer

Reviewed on 5/16/2012 Tiffany B

We used Arlene D. Martson photography for our 1-year anniversary shoot. While we "liked" our wedding photography from another photographer, we were not in love with his services to order additional photo shoots. So for our 1-year shoot, we did alot of research on who we wanted... Read More to capture this special moment in our lives. We're so glad we choose Arlene D. Martson photography, and unlike our wedding photography, we LOVED our anniversary photography! She was wonderful! Not only was she highly professional, but also personal with the details we wanted to capture. She knew how to capture "candid" photos of us, ones in which genuine smiles were captured forever. I, as the bride fell in love with her photojournalistic style, it was exactly waht we were looking for. Arlene sent us all the images as we agreed in our original contract, on DVD via mail and even included a thank you card and gifted enlargement. She exceeded our expectations! Although, we are Delawareans if I lived local to the New England area I would keep her in mind for future shoots: pet, baby, etc.

Fun and Creative Photographer

Reviewed on 4/19/2012 Sarah M

My husband and I did our engagement pictures with Arlene. Neither of us are very photogenic or very comfortable in front of a camera but Arlene was so laid back and easy to work with that we actually ended up enjoying our session with her. She took a ton of pictures and focused... Read More on just getting us to relax and stop looking so posed and it really paid off. She took pictures in a ton of different locations on the grounds of the park we were on which gave us a lot of variety to choose from. We even ended up using one of the pictures on our Save the Date and a bunch of my mom's friends commented on how happy and in love we looked! Arlene is very professional and was responsive, quick and just did an amazing job all the way around. I recommend her to all my friends who are in the market for photographers.

Loved my Photographer

Reviewed on 4/19/2012 Madison W

Arlene was the BEST wedding photographer. She did an outstanding job and I would recommend her to everyone getting married. She has a great personality and my wedding party loved working with her.