Charleston Wedding Photographer

Charleston wedding photography for all the fabulous, beautiful brides getting married in the Charleston, Myrtle Beach, and Hilton Head Island areas - and beyond! Roxy & her crew have a laid-back and fun approach to photography - keeping it real, bringing out your personalities and love for each other. It's your love story! Telling that story through still images is their specialty!

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

$0-$999

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Reviewed on 8/02/2016 Samantha H

Long story short: BOOK HER NOW! From our first meeting with Roxy at Starbucks, we knew she was our photographer. It wasn't her beautiful portfolios that she brought to show us, but it was her personality, charm, and charisma that made us feel that she was the right vendor for... Read More us. Her artistic range and eye wowed us when pictures arrived. On the day of my wedding (Side note: Hottest day of the year that turned into a rainy and windy Charleston storm to push back our ceremony by an hour), Roxy was calm, cool, and collected. Her second shooter, Elle, was like her twin. Elle made all the girls feel comfortable and laugh at times when we needed to stop getting anxious while Roxy was taking care of the boys. I completely trusted Roxy's artistic vision, and she brought her A game and more. She handled a bridal party of 18! Yes, you heard that 18! It is very difficult to get 18 people to look the same way, stay focused, and still have a memorable time. Yet, Roxy is a superhero and did it. She calmed my nerves when we arrived to the venue an hour early due to a rain out. I knew on the trolley that she was planning how to make up time of pictures that were lost downtown due to rain. She was able to pull Joe and I away to take personal pictures. Roxy was so polite when trying to encourage me to chat later and take some pictures because she knew I would regret it later. Boy, I am thankful for her giving me that face, like Girl, we need to get this done, you will get to talk later. She was a NINJA throughout the ceremony. I didn't know where her or Elle was at all. They got amazing pictures of our guests at the tables, decor, and our dance party. Not only is Roxy just beyond talented, but compared to other photographers in the Charleston area, she is incredibly reasonable with price. I mean, I know people who have paid twice as much money as I did on pictures and personally, mine are far better. Roxy is a Charleston gem. Don't miss out.

2016-08-03T14:05:32 Response from the vendor

Oh, man, I am at a loss for words here! Elle and I loved working with you, in spite of the challenges the heat and the sudden weather changes bringing on! Knowing you'll cherish the photos for generations is all the thanks that we need... Read Less Read More

A Gift from the Wedding Gods

Reviewed on 6/23/2015 Rebecca N

I was 3 weeks out from my wedding, still in search of someone that had the shooting style of what I had in mind, was in for my final dress fitting when in walked this sassy gal that my dress coordinator introduced me to as her friend the photog. We chatted, hit it off right... Read More away and, by the grace of God, she had our weekend open! Roxy went out of her way to make sure that we were all comfortable, all having fun (even the boys) and was open to any ideas or requests that we had with regard to certain family shots, poses etc. Beyond just being our photog, she had become a friend and part of our family, shooting newborn and baby pics, family photos almost a dozen times and my grandparents 60th wedding anniversary. I love that the walls of the homes of my whole family have her work, but I love that in every room of MY home is a piece of her work. You don't use someone for every important moment in your life over a decade if you don't love both the work they do, but also the person doing the work. Roxy was the wedding gift that we continue to use the most!

2015-06-23T20:09:16 Response from the vendor

I'm speechless. And my eyes may be leaking! Thank you so much, Becs!

We LOVE Roxy!!

Reviewed on 6/21/2015

We love Roxy! One of the most important things, and one of the things I wanted to get right at our wedding, was having a great photographer. Roxy is hands down one of the best photographers ever! From the moment we sat down with her, to the day of our wedding, she was awesome to... Read More work with. Things were so hectic the day of our wedding, but Roxy managed to capture the most beautiful, chaotic and quiet moments. We could not have been happier with how they came out...we even went back to her a few months after our wedding to have her take family photos for us! Roxy is professional and yet so friendly and easy-going...she forms such a wonderful relationship with you right from the start. She will continue to only use Roxy for all of our special moments in life!

2015-06-23T20:10:05 Response from the vendor

Thank you Allie! I'm so thrilled to be your photographer of choice, and I look forward to more sessions as your family has more milestones!!

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Kelsi D

We LOVE Roxy! She is incredibly talented, professional and has an amazing eye for detail and emotion. We planned our wedding out of state and Roxy was so easy to work with, quick to respond and eliminated a ton of stress for us. I would highly recommend her to anyone, for any... Read More event because she's worth ALL the stars. Thank you Roxy for capturing all of our beautiful moments, happy tears and endless smiles.

Reviewed on 5/06/2017 Kaelie G

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Roxy. First of all, she immediately responded to my email about booking with her and talked to me about a package for my small outdoor wedding. She was so helpful for someone who no idea what she was looking for. I haven't been to a... Read More wedding since I was six and knew nothing about what happened at weddings except that I wanted a photographer. Her style appealed to me: natural lighting, outdoors, nothing heavily touched up or stylized). Her eco friendly approach to photography was another aspect I was thrilled about. Everything is done online, from the contracts to the photos. You have full access to your photos when she sends you your gallery (not all photographers do this!). Roxy and her daughter were there on the wedding day and worked with all of our guests so wonderfully. Roxy had a great eye for photos and would suggest poses and postures to make the perfect photo. Overall, Roxy really captured the spirit of our wedding which was small, carefree, and very laid back. Looking through the photos, which she returned to us before the 5 week estimate, I'm able to relive the day with all of its laughter and love perfectly and for a wedding photographer, that is exactly what you want.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Rachel C

Breathtaking, stunning, gorgeous, unbelievable, perfection! These are a few of the words to describe Roxy's work at my wedding! Thank you sooooooo much for loving what you do and making people feel comfortable in front of the camera.... coming from someone that generally... Read More dislikes pictures of herself, I LOVE these! She captured our day perfectly and I can never thank her enough!!! My entire wedding party and family raved about her ease of working with everyone, directing us and putting our nerves at ease which translated into beautiful, natural pictures that I will cherish forever! If you haven't booked her yet... stop reading and go do it! You won't be disappointed!!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Victoria H

Not only is Roxy a phenomenal photographer and professional, but has an eye for getting those unique, once-in-a-lifetime shots that will make jaws drop. I will now drive 9 hours down to Charleston anytime I need a photographer! Hire hire hire this artist!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Sarah M

Our Wedding will always be remembered with fairy tale wedding photographs! We had our wedding in Beaufort, SC and live in Sevierville, TN. We found Roxy on the knot and fell in love with her shots and use of light. A few months before the wedding Roxy drove down to Beaufort... Read More to meet us and see the venue. It was incredible sweet of her to take her time to come and chat with us, and talk about shots that we wanted. After that meeting we were even more excited to work her. Come the wedding day, she was on time and ready to role as soon as she arrived with her wonderful assistant/daughter. It was a hot day, but that didn't stop them from climbing all over the venue to get some great shots. From the portraits to the reception every picture turned out beautiful and we are forever thankful to have had Roxy capture our special day.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Megan G

Roxy was amazing and made us feel so comfortable during our whole ceremony. Our pictures were done so quickly and turned out so incredible!! We highly recommend Art of Roxy Photography to anyone looking for professional photos for any occasion!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Emily P

Roxy and he kickass assistant (her daughter) are amazing!! I couldn't have asked for a better photographer on the best day of my life and will cherish the memories she captured for the rest of my life!!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Josh L

Amazing! Wow, such an awesome team! It was an absolute pleasure to work with you Roxy Director of Awesome Storytelling:) and the Ninja Elle. I just can't get over that shot you snapped at the end of the wedding! It looked so Awesome! I was thinking on my drive home of a quote... Read More "Destions Determine Destiny" and how amazing it is that now your destiny is enhancing so many life's! Your work is excellent! I feel blessed that our paths crossed I would hands down Recommend Art of Roxy Photography and her team! They will take care of you !!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Liz V

Roxy took our engagement and wedding pictures, and they are beautiful! I couldn't be any happier. I love her use of color and light- her pictures are so vibrant compared to others, which is what caught my attention when looking for a photographer. Also reasonably priced, very... Read More quickly responsive and super friendly and fun.

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Kelsey M

Roxy and her crew are amazing. We had our engagement photos taken around downtown Charleston (the Battery, White Point Gardens, etc.) and not only was it a blast, but it was clear that we were in very capable, talented hands the entire time. We had to reschedule for weather, and... Read More Roxy was super flexible and easy to work with. She had us laughing, making for some excellent photo ops. She was also an excellent coach when it came to posing, which is super important! I would absolutely recommend going with Roxy as your photographer. The photos turned out absolutely stunning and we are so in love with her work! I'd give her six stars if I could :)

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Cortney N

I can only select 5 stars but Art of Roxy deserves 10!!! I don't even know where to begin...she was a life saver for us with last minute cancellations and changes, Roxy and her team came to the rescue! She provided us with a photobooth super last second and it was a blast - both... Read More families had so much fun with all the props and she just made it perfect! I am so happy she was there for our day and her website says it all...look no further, she is your photographer!!! What I love most is she was more than just our photographer. Her and her team checked on us and made sure we had what we needed, held our drinks and practically lathered me down with bug repellent from getting chewed up so bad. We danced, we laughed and had such a good time and I KNOW the pictures will be gorgeous just based on the few she showed me as we walked around. I know we will be using her again in the future❤️❤️ Art of Roxy ROCKS!!

2016-10-02T14:24:39 Response from the vendor

Your wedding yesterday turned out amazing!! I cannot wait to share the photos!! My team and I thank you so much for picking us; we loved working with you! Everything we do is meant to make your day as easy and stress-free on you as... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Micky K

Roxy (and her daughter Elle) were a joy to have at our wedding! They were kind, fun, creative and just the right amount of assertive to make sure everything got done. We could not have chosen a better photography team and I can't wait to see the finished products!

2016-09-01T20:35:32 Response from the vendor

thank you so much!! We loved working with you! I am super excited to share the photos when they are ready! Should be less than 3 weeks. :)

Reviewed on 8/26/2016 Alexis M

We had an engagement session and family session on our family vacay in HHI. The photos are not only beautiful, but she has a gift for producing adorable images without being cheesy. Roxy and her daughter gave direction with an energy and demeanor that encouraged everyone to be... Read More at ease. She was great with my (future) nieces and helped the kids relax in order to capture natural smiles. We are grateful for these photos and will cherish them for decades.

2016-09-01T20:36:24 Response from the vendor

Awww, thank you so much! We had a great time with your family, and you guys, too! We are thrilled to know you cherish those moments!

Perfect for our elopement!

Reviewed on 1/14/2016 Lindsay E

Roxy was absolutely wonderful! She was very personable and easy to work with even when we were coming in from out of town. She took wonderful pictures, made us laugh, and gave us great memories to cherish!

Reviewed on 11/22/2015

We were referred to Roxy by our wedding coordinator, Penny Reynolds. We ended up narrowing our photographers down to a few, but chose Roxy mainly because of the candid moments she captured. Anyone with skill can generate great family/portrait images, Roxy’s pictures caught... Read More those moments that not just anyone can. Moreover, when you look at the films from various weddings she has collected overtime, we absolutely loved that each wedding was so unique. No one was in the same poses and stances, she finds what’s beautiful about your day and emphases this in her work. Roxy was so great to work with. Her engaging and charismatic personality really helped bring the best out of my family. During the ceremony we didn’t know she was there, but the pictures she captured were amazing. Portrait pictures of my family (and us) were great, and the turnaround time for our wedding was less than a month (two weeks actually). We can’t stop looking at the art that she has captured.

Art of Roxy

Reviewed on 10/25/2015

Our pictures on the beach were absolutely beautiful!! We still have people telling us how awesome they turned out. Roxy was super amazing for shooting our wedding at a last minute notice and she exceeded our expectations!!

HIRE HIRE HIRE

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Abigail Q

Roxy was amazing, beyond reproach. She came prepared for all eventualities and even solved a mini crisis or two. For what Roxy charged us she went above and beyond to help us out. The photos were impeccable and fabulous. Incorporating traditional and our own strange... Read More random take. Thank you Roxy - she is so much more than a photographer! xx

Goes the extra mile

Reviewed on 10/22/2015

Roxy was absolutely amazing. In the midst of all the crazy fun she was a rock. She not only accommodated all of our photo requests (and there were a lot), she was innovative and fun. We booked her only for the ceremony and about 45 min before and after the ceremony. We... Read More ATTEMPTED to have our family just take photos with their phones...Roxy realized this was not happening so she stayed 2.5 hours later just to make sure we had good photos during the reception. She did that for FREE. Roxy has a very strong work ethic, a great sense of humor and a beautiful aesthetic taste. The photos she took turned out amazing!! Hands down better than any phone photo. Turn around was about 2.5-3 weeks after the wedding. That is more than 2 months faster than most of my friends who recently got married. My wife and I have already decided that Roxy will from henceforth be our family photographer.

Reviewed on 10/21/2015

Roxy was amazing! Absolutely professional and we can't wait to see what the final pics look like. Ask about the 1963 Polaroid camera!!!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015

Roxy was everything that we wanted in a photographer for my daughters wedding. I knew when she responded to my initial e-mail that she was the right choice. She was not only affordable, she truly listened to what photographs were important to us. Her ability to look at the... Read More surroundings and utilize the natural beauty of Folly Beach as her background was absolutely amazing. We have only gotten a glance of what is to come in the final pictures and are just so excited for them as we know she captured the day just perfectly. I would highly recommend Roxy to anyone in the Charleston area as well as anyone planning a destination wedding.

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Brooke B

Roxy is so awesome. She is very understanding and is willing to work with you on anything. ❤️❤️

Roxy was a dream

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Angela B

I cannot say enough nice things about Roxy. Not only are our pictures amazing but she was a dream to work with. Timely, professional and flexible as we had last minute changes due to the hurricane. She made the day happen and captured it beautifully. I would highly recommend her... Read More for any event

Roxanna Taylor

Where there is love, I'm down to be there, taking awesome photos. I've been shooting all things human for over 20 years. I can't see myself as anything but a photographer. Ever. What's my style, you ask? My clients say words like "organic", "relaxed", "fast" and "badass" Basically, I shoot what's real, meaningful, and heartfelt - and I'll do anything to get that shot. Hang off a dock upside down with an assistant holding me down? Yep. Ninja-down onto the sand and wait for the perfect moment the sun bursts through the clouds? Yep.