25% OFF WEDDINGS FOR A LIMITED TIME

Romantic, classic, and real, Ashley Thayer’s images capture the most intimate and fleeting moments of your wedding day with a simple and straightforward authenticity. With two degrees in fine art and documentary photography, along with over ten years teaching experience in photography, Ashley has earned the qualifications necessary in obtaining the trust needed to be placed behind the camera on your wedding day. Her work is fresh, fun, and filled with natural light. She is great at putting brides and grooms at ease in front of her camera. Serving Los Angeles, Seattle, Portland, and worldwide destinations.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Online Proofing, Photo, Printed Enlargements, Second Shooter Available, Wedding Albums, Photo + Video

Los Angeles | MEMPHIS | Nashville | WORLDWIDE (347) 661-0023
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 3/20/2017 Lauryn C

I couldn’t have been happier that I had Ashley as a photographer at my wedding. She was super friendly and so easy to talk to. She was professional and communicated clearly throughout the whole process. She is very knowledgeable in wedding photography, and knew how to capture... Read More every important moment of the day without being obtrusive. She has a great artistic eye, and took visually stunning photos of even the smallest details of the wedding. I also did a follow up bridal shoot with her, where my husband and I got dressed up in our wedding garb once more and did a photo shoot on the beach. She made me feel totally comfortable and confident in front of the camera! I loved the ideas she had for different poses. And the pictures she got were amazing. She knew how to use light and angles to get the most flattering pictures. There were so many good ones it was extremely difficult to narrow down my favorites. I’ve seen many beautiful wedding photos- in planning my wedding I was bombarded with lovely photos on Pinterest, bridal Instagram accounts, and wedding websites. So I can say without a doubt, Ashley’s photos are top of the line. She really knows how to capture romance, intimacy, emotion and excitement. On top of all that, she is very affordable! I’m honestly surprised she doesn’t charge more. Most photographers with her experience and fine-art style charge double her price. I highly recommend hiring Ashley for any wedding or engagement shoot! She is the whole package.

Reviewed on 12/18/2017 Rebekah C

Ashley took our engagement photos and is also going to be our wedding photographer in the summer of 2018. We took our engagement shots last month. It was wonderful to meet her before our wedding to help us understand the entire process. My fiance and I have never taken... Read More professional shots together so we were a little bit nervous about the process, but Ashley was great at keeping us calm and focused. She was professional, but also down to earth. She provided great direction and let us provide feedback too. She tailored our shots to what we wanted (more scenery and natural shots) versus just having a "1 sized fits all" type of process. Although she was technically a stranger at the beginning of the day, she made us feel comfortable enough taking romantic photos. In the end she took some really great shots that we will love for years to come. We recently got our digital prints back and just love them. I'm planning on giving them to our family members as Christmas gifts too! She was able to capture the light through the trees, the background and our chemistry really well. It didn't seem like a different version of us, just us on a really good day. We can't wait to work with her on our wedding day.

Reviewed on 8/16/2017 Caroline G

When I first started shopping around for a photographer to shoot our wedding, I was more concerned about the type of person we'd be working with on our big day than anything else. My wife and I are not the most photogenic people in the world, so for us it was more about how this... Read More person would interact with us and how well they would fit in around our guests. After a few emails and 45 min skype call, we knew we'd be comfortable working with Ashley. She has a fun personality, is easy to talk to, takes direction well and can steer the ship when needed. Ashley was a perfect fit for us and we were thrilled to book her. Apart from when we were posing for pictures, I didn't actually notice her during the wedding, which is probably an attribute you want in a wedding photographer. Someone who can document your special day without becoming apart of it. The photos turned out AMAZING. Really, so much better than we could have ever envisioned. Ashley was able to harness our awkwardness and turn it into art. If you're lucky enough to have the opportunity to work with Ashley, you should jump on it. She's very good at what she does.

Reviewed on 2/07/2018 Ashley W

If I could give more stars, I would! Ashley was easy to work with before, during and after our wedding and the photos- PERFECT! I could not have asked for anything more. The shots are not only so beautiful from the quality, but they are so genuine. I can relive my wedding day... Read More the rest of my life because of the moments, smiles and love Ashley captured for us. If you are looking for professional, artistic, and genuine photography, you will only be over the moon and blown away by Ashley and her skills. Thank you, Ashley! You captured the best day of our lives and couldn’t be happier to have you as our photographer ❤️

Reviewed on 1/24/2018 Lauren K

Ashley is just EVERYTHING. Due to a family emergency, my photographer had to cancel 3 weeks before our Dec. 2nd wedding - so I was on the prowl for a photographer that was available, QUALITY, and affordable. Seeing Arthouse Photograph's website and portfolio of images - i knew... Read More I'd found the one. Ashley was quick in response time, and was ready to dive right in shortly after my initial contact. She made herself available with appointment times, and locations. We set up an in-person appointment and she was detailed and thorough in understanding my expectations, our venue & ceremony (it was an outdoor at dusk ceremony and indoor reception). She provided me with a further detailed look at her portfolio (which is stunning btw - she's absolutely amazing and manages to capture magic in EVERY shot) and I selected my package. She was clear in communicating with me, genuine, and an all-around awesome person. She checked-in twice before the event to confirm ideas, timelines, and my needs were being met. Like I said... all-around awesome. And then my wedding happened... Ashley was on schedule with her assistant Jessica - and everything else is history. She captured EVERYTHING i wanted and things I hadn't asked for but were that much more magical. They both were absolute perfection in managing to capturing our activities pre-ceremony, ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, dancing, cake, and all the good times that followed - all while interacting positively (and genuinely) with Family and our Guests. Ashley had sent me 35 photos as a sneak peak within two weeks (no easy feat with the holidays approaching). My husband and I were blown away. These photos are not only gorgeous - but they were EXACTLY what we had in mind. They were perfect. Just perfect. She kept in communication with me and as promised, in one month turnaround from our December 2nd we had all our photos. They are EVERYTHING. Eternally grateful to Ashley & Arthouse Photographs. Hire her - it's one of the best and easiest decisions a bride & groom can make for their big day. Promise.

Reviewed on 1/23/2018 Gen B

Every time I look through our wedding photos I crave to re-live the day over and over again. Ashley knows how to capture your special day. She didn't miss a beat the whole time! I'm pretty sure that almost all of our guests were photographed, which is great because my husband... Read More and I lost track after a while. When we originally searched for a wedding photographer Ashley made sure she was always available and responsive to our needs. My feedback for her with our specific venue was to use more of the scenery. A lot of our pictures were in one general area until we decided to move around a little more. Something I appreciate so much is that she came to my bridal suite before the wedding and spent time capturing some intimate shots as I got my dress on. You can't go wrong with Arthouse because it's so customizable and unique! Thank you Ashley!

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Savannah C

Ashley Thayer, did a great job at my wedding. Friendly and reasonably priced, I was glad I was able to find her through the knot. Our pictures turned out amazing! Highly recommend.

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Allison W

We couldn't have asked for a more talented, more professional or more fun photographer for our wedding! She was amazing... she captured everything that we wanted and so much more! Her style is unique and just what we were looking for. I would enthusiastically recommend... Read More Arthouse Photographs!!!

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Gigi K

Ashley was really fun to work with and really easy to get along with too. I didn't have an over the top expectations in regards to our pictures for my engagement and the wedding so my goal was to find a professional like Ashley and help me create the vision that we did have in... Read More mind and let her do what she does best - photograph! She pictures came out great and they were delivered to our house before we knew it. The engagement and wedding pictures came back 3 weeks or less. I do not have an eye for photography but all my graphic artist friends thought Ashley used the light exceptionally well and maximized the resources that she did have. We did not budget $$$$$ for a photographer but Ashley gave us the experience like we did pay that much! She captured our wedding day like we were living it again every time we looked at them. She worked for us like she was two photographers helping us capture the moments we didn't even know was happening and our wedding was only 60 people. I would definitely use her again if we were to have a big life moment.

2016-11-14T13:16:06 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much!!! I really appreciate the kind words.

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Becky C

When I started the process of planning my wedding,there were a few areas that were the most important to me and the photographs were one of them. Being an older bride and in general, not being too photogenic, it was also a part of the wedding day that made me (and my husband)... Read More nervous. So when Ashley agreed to meet us for our trial photo shoot just so we could get comfortable with the idea of getting photographed and to learn tips in advanced and to get to know Ashley to see if we would be comfortable with her, we knew she was going to be right for us. Then as we got closer to the big day, i was very specific and particular about what type of shots (romantic, candid, warm and unposed) as well as which specific shots I wanted (incl a few exact replicas of photos that were taken of my mother and father on their wedding day) to have but also in general wanting the photojournalistic style of photos for the day. Ashley offered to meet me at the three locations to scope out the properties in advanced and she even identified a shot location on one of the properties that I didnt even notice but several photos from there are amongst my top 10! My husband and I talked about how having a seemingly laid back photographer was good for me. She had that quiet confidence and was suggestive in the way she would direct us in the shots. So, in the end, I got over 2000 photos that 100% reflect my "photo plan" and what I was hoping for in terms of both the specific shots but also it is a beautiful photo journal of the day. I am making my own book and it will definitely hit 100 pages because i cant bear the thought of not including all the wonderful memories of the best day of my life! Thank you Ashley!

2016-11-14T13:15:18 Response from the vendor

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Krystal B

Ashley was amazing!! Very personable yet professional. Available by email and by phone. Went above and beyond for both our engagement photos and our wedding photos!

2016-11-14T13:16:29 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much! You were wonderful to work with!

Ashley Thayer

With six years of intensive study in all technical and conceptual aspects of photography, and much of that spent studying the practice of documentary photography, Ashley is highly qualified. She has two degrees from the country’s top art schools to back that up. She is an expert in this field, and is also great at directing families and individuals with a light touch and with a candid flare.