Wedding Dance Instruction

Surprise your friends & family with a spectacular first dance! Let the pro's at Arthur Murray help you make this the most treasured day of your life! -Professional Instructors -Unique Choreography to "Your" song. -Dance in Your Gown without tripping on it. -Flexible hrs. & Budget Friendly

9217 Pflumm Rd., Lenexa, KS (913) 599-4444

Worth it!

Reviewed on 1/13/2015 Francie K

I'm a dancer but my husband is not. When we were planning for our wedding I decided to research dance studios. Arthur Murray was very easy to work with and we decided to purchase a 6 private lesson package. They operate a well-oiled machine. All of their instructors are... Read More extremely competent and extremely friendly. Never did we feel out of place because of my husband's lack of experience. Our instructor was super when it came to constructing a dance that would be achievable for us as a couple. He had a great sense of humor and did an excellent job breaking down our dance to teach to a non-dancer. He always made us feel good about the progress we were making. After we've taken care of wedding debt we definitely plan on returning for more regular lessons.

Best Dance Studio to make your first dance special!!

Reviewed on 10/13/2014

The one thing I knew I wanted at my reception when I got married, was a mesh dance!! I called around to a few places, and Arthur Murray Dance Studio had my attention with their first phone call. The positive attitude, and confidence that was given just over the phone had me very... Read More excited to go to the studio, and meet them. My fiancé and I were able to come to the studio meet with them, talk, and then try a few basic dance steps to see how comfortable we felt with it. This was free! We then sat down, and talked about classes and prices. The overall amount of how much the classes would be was at first a bit overwhelming. If it was up to my fiancé, we would not have done it. BUT...... I knew I would be disappointed if I did not do this dance at my wedding. We signed up for ten private classes and with that came 5 classes of our choice. My fiancé and I have had a blast! He is very happy I didn't listen to him on this one! We have had the pleasure to work with Tavier Haarer. He has choreographed the dances to the songs we had chosen. Working with Tavier has been truly so much fun! He is so positive and makes you excited to learn! All of the staff there helps make it an open welcoming environment. My fiancé and I have had such a great time at their studio, that we plan to continue going after our lessons are up. If learning any type of dance for your first dance as husband and wife is something you have thought about, you have to check them out!! I walked in with absolutely no dance experience and will finish my lessons feeling very confident in my ability to perform my dance looking amazing!,

Father-Daughter Dance Mash-up

Reviewed on 10/30/2012 Rachel A

My dad wanted to do a fun father-daughter dance for the reception. He found Arthur Murray and consulted with them about putting together this special dance. We chose four songs and had our DJ mash them together for us. We worked with Darrin to create our dance. He taught... Read More us three different dance styles and helped us create fun transitions from song to song. By the end of our lessons; we felt relaxed, confident and ready to go! Our guests loved our dance! We got a lot of compliments and we had a great time! Taking dance lessons was a great opportunity to spend some time together before the wedding and made for an awesome memory for us and our guests!

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Ashley H

Thank you so much for getting us into your studio in such short notice! We used this company to learn a quick BUT fun dance for our first dance at our wedding. They were very patient with my husband & I learning our moves! they give everyone 1 FREE lesson before you even have... Read More to purchase anymore lessons. Amazing dance studio!! <3 <3

2017-06-21T17:24:01 Response from the vendor

Congratulations! We are so happy for you two! Thank you very much for having chosen Arthur Murray to help you learn your first dance for your wedding. It was a true privilege for us at the studio to have been a part of your big... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Jay D

My fiance and I have been going to Arthur Murray for 8 months now. Amy is our primary instructor and she is fantastic. It a very fun and lively place for dance lessons. The group lessons are always fun as well. Our couples dancing went from a variety of dances to more strictly... Read More practicing our first dance for our wedding. I really appreciated how this Arthur Murray studio put together a concrete, detailed plan for learning the different styles of dance that we were interested. I look forward very much to my fiance and I performing our first dance at our wedding reception. I enjoyed this dance studio so much that I even brought my mother so we could learn a dance routine for our Mother Son Dance. A lot of my lessons with my mother were with Monica. She was a also a great instructor with very concise and easy to understand steps. I would highly recommend for anyone interested in learning to dance as a hobby or to increase passion & intimacy in your relationship or marriage, and even to prepare for a first dance at a wedding reception.

2017-06-14T15:14:30 Response from the vendor

Thank you Jay for the review!! I have had such a wonderful time working with you and Anna, as well as your mother. We are so pleased you chose Arthur Murray for all your dance needs on your big day! Monica and I are so... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/19/2017 Erin K

The best decision we made during our wedding planning process was taking dance lessons at Arthur Murray! Tavier is AMAZING. He is extremely knowledgeable and taught us everything we needed to know for our first dance at our upcoming wedding. He had us laughing the whole time,... Read More and made it a completely stress free experience while also being a great instructor. If you are considering dance lessons for your wedding (or just for fun), book it now! The entire staff at Arthur Murray are great and so friendly, they deserve 10 stars. Even as beginners, they made us feel comfortable and confident with our dance. We had a blast and will definitely be back in the future!

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Stacey S

This is a great studio and Amy is so fun to work with! My fiance'and I have really enjoyed the lessons for our first dance at our upcoming wedding. We just didn't want to look like idiots in front of our family and friends but coming out of this experience we are going to... Read More blow everyone away! Thank you so much Amy!!!

2017-04-25T14:32:04 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to review Arthur Murray! I am pleased to hear that Amy made your lessons Fun and increased your confidence! I am looking forward to you blowing everyone away with your first dance :)

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Michael B

We went to Arthur Murray for one lesson to learn a few steps and have a little fun. When we met Tavier we both knew that we wanted to come back. He is such a great teacher! Tavier put together a perfect dance for our style and ability, and was even able to train my two left... Read More feet. I highly recommend signing up for a set of lessons. It has been a great date night and will make our first dance extremely special.

Reviewed on 4/21/2017 Jessica C

Tavier was a great instructor! Kept it fun! And we'll look beautiful dancing our first dance at our wedding now that we know what we're doing!

Reviewed on 4/21/2017 Christina K

Amy has been an incredible teacher! She's energetic, patient, positive and adjusts to our style and request on a dime.

Reviewed on 4/20/2017 Alison L

I absolutely had a blast learning the waltz and hustle with my father for my upcoming wedding. Every instructor we had (usually Amy) was wonderful and really put in the time to choreograph a special dance for us. While it is a bit expensive (I could never afford classes on my... Read More own...probably because I work for a nonprofit...but I so wish I could), it is worth it if you're looking for a fantastic place to learn a full, choreographed routine. Amy is bubbly, fun and patient...especially since my father and I were complete newcomers to the world of dance. I look forward to my lessons each week. What a great father/daughter date night! I hope to be back, after my wedding, to learn more! :)

Reviewed on 4/18/2017 Sarah H

Arthur Murray is great. The entire staff is very knowledgeable, patient and helpful, especially Tavier! We had great time learning our First Dance. Tavier is awesome. We highly recommend AM.

Reviewed on 4/12/2017 Corey K

We chose Arthur Murray to help us choreograph our first dance for our April 2017 wedding, and I cannot say enough about what an amazing experience it was! We opted for the 10-lesson wedding package, and averaged about one class per week. We also had the opportunity to drop in... Read More for group classes, and attend their weekly dance parties - which was great! Our instructor, Tavier, was wonderful. He got to know us as a couple, taught us in a language that we (as complete dance newbies) could understand, and kept us laughing through every class. I would highly recommend him to anyone! In the end, our dance turned out better than we could've expected, and we are so exited to surprise our guests at the wedding!

Reviewed on 4/11/2017 Haylee D

Great, friendly staff and we enjoyed our lessons! We never felt uncomfortable as beginners and the staff was very knowledgable. I gave four stars only because we felt as though the lessons were very short compared to the price listed, however, we did learn a lot from them.

Reviewed on 4/08/2017 Nick W

Our instructor was Tavier and he was amazing. Gentle in his instruction, encouraging and supportive the whole time. We very much enjoyed working with him. They were happy to incorporate everything we asked for and designed a whole routine for us, and walked us through it one... Read More step at a time. They made it easy for us yet challenging at the same time.

Reviewed on 4/06/2017 Yamileth C

My husband and I are not good dancers at all, but we wanted to do something fun for our guests at our wedding. We found Arthur Murray dance studio everyone there are more than nice but we are really grateful with Darren for all the patience he had with us. Amy as well even if... Read More she wasn't teaching us, she was always cheering us up and making us feel good about our work. Thank you so much Darren and Amy for everything!!!

Reviewed on 3/02/2017 Stephanie C

The team at Arthur Murray Dance Studio is fantastic!!!! Everyone at the studio is friendly and welcoming, they make you feel right at home, even as beginning dancers who felt totally awkward and out of place going into it. We had our private lessons with Tavier, and we loved... Read More him. He was so patient and broke down the dances and made it easy and fun to learn. He miraculously helped two people, with four left feet have a great time and actually look like we know what we're doing on the dance floor. We worked with Amy as well, and she was so much fun and really great to work with. The group lessons with Darren were a blast. I would highly recommend Arthur Murray to anyone looking for dance lessons.

Reviewed on 2/06/2017 Jessie F

Before my wedding my dad informed me he thought we should do something "special" for our father/daughter dance. Neither of us have ANY dance experience, so I set out to find a studio that could make his idea come to life. Simply put, Arthur Murray far exceeded our... Read More expectations! We worked with Tavier who listened to our ideas and came up with the most fun, energetic, amazing choreography. He (patiently) taught us the entire dance and worked with us on perfecting our performance (apparently you aren't supposed to count 8-counts out loud). Needless to say, the dance brought the house down! Everyone was so surprised, and we absolutely could not have pulled this off without Tavier and the AM team. My dad even told me several weeks later that he misses our weekly dance lessons! Thank you all so much -- you made our special moment absolutely unforgettable!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Alisha S

Arthur Murray was amazing! We had a great time learning our first dance and getting to know the staff! I highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Rachel E

My now-husband and I came in a month before our wedding, hoping that we could get one or two moves down before our big day. By the time our first dance came around, we had a FABULOUS whole dance routine down and polished, and it was wonderful. Darren worked some magic for sure,... Read More and e had a blast learning an entire choreographed dance in just a few weeks! Our guests were just amazed and we had so much fun performing for them. Can't wait to go back for some more lessons!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Luis R

We've been working with Tavier choreographing a surprise dance for my wedding and he's been awesome to work with. Very energetic

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Caitlin W

What a lovely experience! Conner and I did not want a choreographed performance for our first dance but wanted to feel comfortable on the dance floor. Amy helped us do just that - she was absolutely wonderful. Amy's positive attitude and laid back teaching approach helped us... Read More nail our first dance! Thank you to everyone at Arthur Murray!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Denise F

"Wow! That was beautiful", "extremely beautiful", "so graceful", "beautifully choreographed", "not seen before", "unique"..........these and more were the compliments we received after our first dance that was choreographed for our wedding by the Arthur Murray dance studio. Not... Read More only our main instructor (Tavier), but the entire team at the studio were just amazing to work with. We loved that they started off with first understanding us and our vision for our first dance and then creating a beautiful routine for us. We also loved how patient and helpful they were with us and taught us step by step as well as worked on fine tuning. We have never felt this graceful before on ANY dance floor. It wasn't just the dance, we felt closer just working on our dance together. It was like a date night for us both to go learn our dance at every class. The team was very encouraging and that's just what we needed. What they taught us just added to the entire beautiful tone of the wedding and was an elegant surprise for the guests. We are very happy with the decision we made to go for Arthur Murray! Worth it and highly recommended! Thank you so much for this!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Jennifer D

Tavier was our instructor, we can't say enough good things about him. My fiancé and I were nervous about dancing in front of a crowd of people, we have little to no rhythm, but Tavier put us at ease and never made us feel bad about or lack of skill. They made us excited about... Read More dance and we would love to go back even after the wedding! Thank you so much for all your patience and guidance! We also had the pleasure of working with Amy a couple of times, she has a contagious bubbly personality and made the whole experience fun! I highly recommend Arthur Murray Dance Studio.

Reviewed on 9/30/2016 Amanda L

My fiance and I decided last minute (1 month prior to wedding!) that with zero dancing experience we needed emergency help with our first dance. We were very nervous at first and didn't know what to expect, but after working with Amy and Tavier we feel very confident for our... Read More special day! They are such fun, positive, and encouraging people. We have learned so much more than what we ever envisioned for ourselves and are looking forward to more lessons with them!