Artistic Desserts

Dietary Options

Gluten Free, Vegan

Cakes + Desserts

Bow2010

Serving Baltimore and surrounding areas, MD Serving Baltimore and surrounding areas (443) 744-9285

Reviewed on 5/21/2017 Jess H

Michael did an excellent job with our wedding cake. He made the cake exactly how we wanted it, and it tasted AMAZING. He also happened to be present when our florist dropped off some small succulents for use on the cake, and Michael placed them exactly how we had envisioned. I'd... Read More definitely recommend using Artistic Desserts!

Reviewed on 5/14/2017 Chelsea T

Delicious and beautiful wedding cakes.

Reviewed on 5/03/2017 Charsett B

Not only was our cake DELICIOUS, but it was beautiful as well. Michael, worked with us to design a cake and offered suggestions for the overall look. The cake was amazing. Many of our guests raved, noting that they had multiples slices because it was phenomenal! Will definitely... Read More be ordering other cakes for Artistic Desserts!

Reviewed on 1/25/2017 Ashley H

The second greatest day of our marriage (besides our wedding day) will be when we get to eat more of our wedding cake! Michael did a fantastic job! He was so easy to work with and our cake was out of this world. Definitely recommend!

Reviewed on 12/02/2016 Anastasia B

Book Artistic Desserts as fast as you can! Michael worked with us to design a gorgeous cake with two flavors that looked elegant and tasted AMAZING! So good, in fact, that, even though we were only married 6 days ago, we are halfway through eating the top tier we were supposed... Read More to save for the one year anniversary... oops. Seriously, the cake tasted so good that I received numerous compliments from guests, and I will be purchasing another cake in the same flavor for my husband's upcoming birthday. THAT is how good it was. Book Michael immediately but pack some Spanx for your wedding dress because the cake is gorgeous and irresistible!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Brittany R

My husband and I absolutely adored our cake! It was elegant and fit the space beautifully. But, let's be honest, taste is the most important thing and several guests told us it was best wedding cake they've ever had. I might be biased, but I have to agree! It was moist,... Read More flavorful and the butter cream was light with just the right amount of sweetness. To top it off, Michael helped me to create a Prince themed Groom's cake that was a total hit. I was able to customize the flavor and he even created a chocolate frame with a sugar print out of the artist himself. It was perfect. I would absolutely recommend this vendor to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Erin H

My husband and I were thrilled with our wedding cake from Artistic Desserts! Michael diligently worked with us to create the perfect cake. He was so detail orientated and the cake ended up looking (and tasting) absolutely perfect. We couldn't have been happier with the... Read More experience. It's the easiest vendor choice you have - you can't go wrong with Artistic Desserts!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016

Michael did our wedding cake and he was so easy and nice to work with. We had a call to go through pictures and he accommodated what we were looking for and it turned out beautifully! We also weren't able to do the flavor we wanted because of some allergies our guests had so he... Read More made a smaller cake for me and my husband to have that night. I highly recommend Artisitic Desserts!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Sarah P

We LOVED Artistic Desserts!!! Picking the cake was by far the easiest thing I did, thanks to Michael. Our cake looked fabulous, and it tasted absolutely delicious! A piece of each type of cake was delivered to our tasting in Baltimore so we had time to taste them and think about... Read More what we really wanted. His use of a Webinar to plan the design of my cake was perfect because I was able to communicate with him easily online, at home! He showed me pictures and then came up with a beautiful design to match exactly what I wanted. He even provided a ribbon swatch to match my colors, and added live flowers from the Flourist the day of delivery! He is professional and super easy to communicate with. He will even make us a fresh top layer for our first anniversary at a discounted cost! I highly recommend Artistic Deserts for the best wedding cake you could have.

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Melissa W

One of the most exciting part of the wedding was choosing our wedding cake. Chef Michael is very down to earth as well as professional. The choices and flavors of his creations are very decadent and lingers on your taste buds in a very memorable experience. He's also prompt and... Read More flexible to the couple's needs or wishes. Overall, our wedding cake was beautiful and delicious! Our guests loved the cake and some got a little greedy :-) We can't wait for the one year anniversary to devour our 1st tier. Thank you, Chef Michael for the experience and deliciously fabulous cake!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Danielle D

My husband, family, and I couldn't have been more happy with our experience with Artistic Desserts for our wedding on May 22, 2016. Michael is extremely friendly and personable. We had read great reviews about him already but he went beyond our expectations which were already... Read More high. Our tasting was beautiful - not like any other tasting situation I've experienced or seen. He invited us into his home and had a beautiful tea/coffee setup with nice China, and included whole family. He provided us every type of cake he offered, plus a special request someone had asked for that he had extras from so he included that. We were each given a large slice each of every cake, and he made sure to include all of the icing options in them. We couldn't believe how delicious every one of them was. I'm not exaggerating or embellishing here - they were truly some of the best cake any of us have ever had. The icing is just right, and the texture of the cake was perfect. He was extremely accommodating and willing to customize our package to what worked best for us. My family tends to be very thorough and ask way more questions than most, but not only was Micheal patient, he was thorough in his answers and took everything above and beyond! He walked us through to figure out what the best options were for what we needed. He was honest with us too, which is something that is hard to find. He didn't just openly agree with everything we asked for - when he didn't think a combination we mentioned would work well, he spoke up and explained why it wouldn't be the best way to go - though he would be willing to do it if we still wanted it. His suggestions truly came out beautifully and I'm so glad he spoke up! We got so many comments about how beautiful the cake was. Some questioned if it was even a real cake at first! His suggestion of "twinkle dust" really gave it a finishing touch. Guests were raving well beyond the wedding about how delicious it was. We love Michael and will definitely be working with him again in the future.

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Mary Beth T

We were introduced to Artistic Desserts at a bridal show when we won a gift certificate, and we are so glad we did. Michael was great to work with, very passionate and enthusiastic about what he does. The cake looked beautiful and was absolutely delicious. My husband and I have... Read More very different tastes but we were both well accommodated. Michael took the time to go through our many different cake design ideas and helped us pick something elegant that also fit well with our venue, theme for the wedding, and colors.

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Heather V

My husband and I got married 10/7/16 and Mike did an amazing job on our cake! It was perfect! He also did a last minute grooms cake for me as well. Mike was flexible and we couldn't have been happier to work with him. All of our guests loved our cake!

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Cate D

My husband and I could not be happier with the cake that we had for our wedding on October 1, 2016! Not only was our cake absolutely stunning, but it was amazingly delicious. Working with Michael was a breeze! He is so incredibly flexible, and his work is impeccable. I spoke... Read More with him twice on the phone, and maybe exchanged two emails, and everything was easily settled! We had an easy virtual consultation where he showed us all of the beautiful possibilities on the computer while we were sitting on our own couch. Michael was willing to provide extra details that were not initially included with our venue's cake package because he definitely wants your cake to be special. We had so many guests tell us how delicious our cake was (we had Italian cream with raspberry marmalade and butter cream frosting--amazing!). If you need any more proof of how delicious his cakes are, our dance floor was packed all night, except for when the cake was distributed! If you get a chance to use Artistic Desserts, consider yourself in excellent hands, and you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 8/04/2016 Laura T

Michael was awesome to work with, super friendly and professional! The cake was everything we could have asked for, absolutely beautiful, delicious, and customized to our exact specifications. I almost want to get married again just so we can order another cake! Thanks,... Read More Michael!

Reviewed on 7/30/2016 Mary C

Our wedding cake was one of my favorite parts of our wedding, and it was all because of Michael at Artistic Desserts. We started with a very basic idea: Legos, and he ran with it to create an amazing masterpiece, complete with Lego wedding party members (supplied by us). Not... Read More only was it amazing to look at, but the cake was one of the best I have ever had (and I have a sweet tooth). Everyone was saying how it was amazing, and I do not feel guilty saying I ate 4 pieces the night of our wedding!

Reviewed on 5/29/2016

The best wedding cake ever! It was not only beautiful, but taste like heaven! My guests were asking for 2nds, and I assure you I will not be waiting an entire year before I eat the top tier....Michael is an artist, and remarkable baker.

Reviewed on 4/03/2016 Teia F

I used Artistic Desserts for my wedding on March 15, 2015. The baker, Michael, was able to sketch the vision of my wedding cake based off of a picture I had found online. In an attempt to to bring the "cut and paste" picture to standard size, the image became pix-elated and hard... Read More to truly identify the details, but Michael was about to work around that and sketch an exact replica. When the cake was delivered it was simply beautiful. The guest remarked on the cakes beauty and taste. A few weeks later I received a phone call from the Michael asking if everything was to my liking. During the conversation it was realized that the top tier of cake traditionally set aside to be eaten at the one year anniversary was not set aside after all. Micheal was very apologetic about this mishap and assured me that he would bake me a new top tier for my anniversary; all I had to do was call him "next year" and remind him of this conversation. I took this as a nice gesture but assumed he would forget and to cut down on confusion and embarrassment, I opted not to follow up "in a year". A year goes by and I change my mind and decide to test the waters and remind him of a long lost top tier that was not set aside. To my surprise Micheal remembered me and the scenario. We went over flavors and he informed me that it would be a basic 6" butter cream cake. I went to pick up my anniversary cake 1 yr later on March 15, 2016 and to my surprise there was my 6" cake with little puffs of butter cream icing decorating the base, a ridging of the butter cream to give a textured appearance, and a "topper" in the shape of flowers and petals made of harden sugar. That was some "basic" cake. I can tell that Artistic Desserts not only stands high on customer service, but they truly love what they do. It was a joy to work with them and would recommend and use them again, and again.

Best Cake and Company

Reviewed on 11/08/2015 Amanda H

We used Artistic Desserts for our wedding on October 3, 2015 (it was suggested from our vendor). Let me tell you... Michael was just amazing. Not only did my cake look EXACTLY how I wanted and was rich/moist, he went out of his way to find our last initial to use fondant to lay... Read More on the cake (with no extra charge at that)! I have never eaten a wedding cake that tasted so well. We had at least 50 people after our wedding talk about how amazing the cake was and went out of their way to let us know it was the most amazing wedding cake they had ever eaten in the wedding. Clearly I am partial, but I will recommend Michael and Artistic Desserts for ANY wedding or event and will be contacting him in the future! Taste= A+++ Customer Service= A++ Design/Look= A++

AMAZING!!!!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Taquan C

Michael at Artistic Desserts is AMAZING!!!!!! My husband and I chose the Italian cream cake with a raspberry and cream cheese filling. Our wedding was in May of this year and we were very happy with the way our cake turned out!!!!!! Months later and everyone including my husband... Read More and I are still talking about how delicious the cake was, Oh and by the way my husband doesn't eat cake so if he said if was good this says a lot. Michael was always very professional whenever we spoke and was very accurate with every detail we wanted. I can't wait to celebrate my one year anniversary next year just so I can enjoy it all over again.

Artistic Desserts is awesome!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 N/A

Michael Markwitz from Artistic Desserts was the best! My wedding was August 9, 2015 and things have just settled down for me to provide feedback to all of the wonderful vendors that I worked with to make my wedding day special. I provided Michael with a picture of what I wanted... Read More and he completely exceeded my expectations. Michael was creative and very easy to work with --I could definitely tell that he is a seasoned professional and that really made me feel at ease. I absolutely love all of the pictures of my cake. And what made my cake even more stellar is that it was delicious! I received many compliments on the cake, and my husband and I indulged so much that we ate a few slices from the top tier days after the wedding that we barely had any left to save for our first anniversary:) I couldn’t have asked for a better cake or chef!

Artistic Desserts

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Sade S

Great service, beautiful and delicious cake.

Great experience!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015

From the minute we spoke with Michael, we knew our wedding cake experience was going to be be amazing. He made us feel at ease during this sometimes stressful time. Michael was so accommodating from getting us the most delicious samples to coordinating our final meeting. He... Read More made great suggestions which resulted in the most perfect cake for our wedding. It was not only beautiful but SO good...our guests loved it! We are so glad we chose Artistic Desserts - will use him again and again...for any occasion!

amazing!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015

we were very happy with how our cake turned out. we picked the flavor Italian crème cake with vanilla custard and raspberry swiss. the cake tasted amazing and all of our guests really enjoyed it. Michael was very helpful and easy to work with. I really like how we were able to... Read More discuss what I wanted over the phone (I live over an hour away) also the computer program Michael uses allows you to see his computer screen right from your home, no need to download anything it was very simple and fast! thank you again artistic desserts!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Kelly L

Our wedding planner referred us to Artistic Desserts and they were fabulous. Our theme was Alice in Wonderland and the cake they made us was truly a work of art! We ended up choosing three different cake flavors and they were all amazingly delicious! I would definitely... Read More recommend them!!