Arts Ballroom

Philadelphia, PA

Book Your Wedding with Arts Ballroom

A BALLROOM IN PHILADELPHIA, PA

Arts Ballroom is a beautiful wedding venue housed on the ground level of the Arts condominium, a historic 1920s art deco building just off the Avenue of the Arts in Philadelphia. This building was once home to the Hotel Sylvania, and it features an amazing two-story grand hall, a mezzanine and a mirrored Sylvania ballroom, making it the perfect choice for wedding festivities, whether they include just 100 guests or up to 400.

is a warm and inviting yet posh setting for a smaller, more intimate wedding or reception. The balcony overlooks the ballroom, and the mezzanine features a private restroom and two exclusive suites.

sits next to the grand hall and is a sophisticated and stylish space that can be used for an engagement party or small wedding ceremony and reception. It can also be rented out along with one of the other spaces to be used as a special entertainment area, a separate spot to place a decadent dessert station or somewhere to serve cocktails.

is a spacious venue that features a myriad of mirrors and ornate crystal chandeliers, which radiate grace and elegance. The rooms can comfortably hold up to 160 seated guests for a wedding ceremony or reception. It can also be booked along with the grand hall to be used for a cocktail reception area.

is the largest space available at Arts Ballroom, with room to hold up to 250 guests. The expansive room features coffered ceilings, rich mahogany floors and doors and a majestic granite staircase, making it the perfect place for any elegant wedding.

Arts Ballroom does not offer on-site catering services, but does work happily with some of Philadelphia's most experienced and best recognized catering professionals.

Little decoration is needed at the venue thanks to the breathtaking details of the historic building.

Multiple spaces can be rented inside the venue to be used for various parts of the event, and to provide additional room for guests. The building is handicap accessible, which means all guests can enjoy the festivities.

• Events coordinator available
  • Unique, awe-inspiring architecture
  • See an original 1923 grand opening menu

Philadelphia's Premiere Special Events Venue

Capturing the elegance of a bygone era, the Arts Ballroom is a beautiful setting for life’s feature occasions. Our floorplan boasts a magnificent Grand Hall, signature granite staircase, mirrored Sylvania Ballroom, Lounge & Mezzanine overlooking the full venue. Our customizable 10,000 square foot space lends best to events from 100-450 guests. Located in the Avenue of the Arts District, blocks from city hall and the convention center, the Arts Ballroom, is a hidden gem amongst Philadelphia’s most distinguished institutions dedicated to arts, culture, education, and entertainment.

Ballroom, Historic Venue

1324 Locust Street, Philadelphia, PA (215) 621-8561

Perfect Location

Reviewed on 10/03/2013 Natalie K

I couldn't have dreamed of a more perfect setting for my wedding. I had about 110 guests and the space was perfect. It felt intimate while spacious. People are still talking about the food and how good it was - Stephen Starr is the caterer. The planner at the venue was on... Read More top of everything and very easy to work with which made the entire process painless.

2015-01-05T21:12:35 Response from the vendor

Fabulous experience!

Reviewed on 7/16/2013 Amanda K

From the initial planning stages to the big day, Jennifer Kelly, my contact at Arts Ballroom, went above and beyond to make sure our wedding day went off without a hitch. The venue is extremely beautiful and Stephen Starr catering ensured that the food was amazing. I would... Read More recommend Arts Ballroom to any bride looking to get married in the city of Philadelphia. They worked with our budget to ensure that we had an amazing event that we could afford.

2015-01-05T21:12:26 Response from the vendor

Phenomenal!

Reviewed on 6/13/2013 Michelle K

The Arts Ballroom did an absolutely phenomenal job with my wedding from the day I contacted them to see the venue and every step of the way until my wedding day. The contact person, Jennifer Kelly, was extremely friendly and accommodating. Every question or request I had was met... Read More with a "yes" and the venue as well as Steven Starr caterers (the preferred caterer) came through with every promise! I had special food requests (I am Greek and asked for some Greek dishes to be included in the menu) and everything they made to meet my request was fantastic! I can't say enough how wonderful and easy they made the planning process for me and I received endless compliments on the food, the service, and the ballroom all night! I VERY highly recommend this venue.

2015-01-05T21:11:58 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 8/05/2017 Maryann B

We could not have found a more perfect setting for our wedding than Arts Ballroom. The day was perfect from start to finish and the staff at Arts Ballroom, along with Feastivities Catering, helped make it that way. The venue was flawless, everything was set up perfectly. They... Read More were very flexible and helpful in terms of setup, communication, and allowing us to drop off certain things ahead of time for the caterer. The venue is beautiful, close to several transportation options, walkable from countless hotels, and was even walkable from our church. This venue has everything to offer, and was such a hidden gem tucked away right in the best part of the city. We are so grateful to Jormas and the rest of the staff at Arts Ballroom for helping make our dream wedding a reality!

2017-08-05T15:23:22 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 7/20/2016 Julie M

My husband and I had our ceremony and reception at Arts Ballroom on 6-18-16. This venue such a hidden gem! It is absolutely stunning and is located in the perfect spot, right in Center City Philadelphia. The staff, especially Jormas, was extremely helpful and made sure... Read More everything went flawlessly from the very beginning planning stages until the last song of our wedding night. The venue is gorgeous on its own and does not require much decoration. They also work with you to find the best preferred vendors for your taste and budget. We could not be more pleased with the service and accommodations of this venue!

2017-08-05T15:23:12 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 6/18/2015 L S

My husband and I got married on 5/29/15. I cannot say enough wonderful things about the Arts Ballroom! The venue is so elegant and beautiful. The staff and specifically Gail and Leila were so helpful and accommodating. Any doubts or worries I had during the planning process... Read More melted away instantly since I knew that we were in good hands. They are true professionals and are amazing at what they do. We received so many compliments on the night of our wedding from our guests and people are still telling us how beautiful everything turned out. The food was exceptional and service the same. Cocktail hour is very impressive and the Mexican station was delicious. Very efficient and high quality! I would recommend this venue to anyone who is looking to have a perfect, elegant, beautiful wedding reception!

2017-08-05T15:23:01 Response from the vendor

Princess Bride

Reviewed on 1/04/2015 Alyssa G

After looking at several venues we stumbled upon the Arts Ballroom. The moment we stepped into this venue we both looked at each other and instantly knew this was where we were going to have our October wedding. From the beginning, Dan Dutch, our STARR Events Coordinator, was... Read More absolutely fantastic. He was so flexible with our schedules and helped us immensely throughout the entire process of planning the ceremony and reception. We gave him our vision, he ran with it, and helped create the most perfect day. The venue needs little decoration because it is breathtaking on its own with a gorgeous staircase - you'll truly feel like a princess on your wedding day. It's split into two rooms - one for the cocktail hour and one for the reception. Works out perfectly! The day of the wedding you won't worry about a thing because the staff has it completely taken care of. We did DIY centerpieces and the staff graciously set them up for us and placed them on the tables. (I've been in weddings where the venue will not touch your centerpieces). Dan walked us through every second of the day and made sure everything ran smoothly. Once the ceremony was over they were so kind and constantly had a new glass of champagne in my hand. I couldn't have asked for a better venue or coordinator (they go hand-in-hand by the way) for our Wedding. It was perfect!

2015-01-05T21:12:48 Response from the vendor

Happy Bride

Reviewed on 8/11/2012 Yvette H

We loved this space and was the best treasure we could've found after we found out our original space was closing. This space is so unique and doesnt disappoint.

2015-01-05T21:12:05 Response from the vendor

great place!

Reviewed on 2/16/2012 Katie S

What a beautiful venue! It has a very fresh and clean look. The chandeliers are GORGEOUS and we loved the furniture in the lounge area! We took a tour with the event planner, Jennifer, and were very pleased with her enthusiasm and professionalism. She was very willing to... Read More accommodate to our busy schedules! We highly recommend the Arts Ballroom!

2015-01-05T21:12:16 Response from the vendor

Horrible service

Reviewed on 11/30/2011 Christina B

My fiance and I were interested in learning more about the Arts Ballroom for our wedding. Phone calls go to a random voicemail with no message, emails took days to get a response. Finally once we made an appointment, Jennifer never showed up and gave us some lame excuse about... Read More how she was inside with other customers (mind you the building is a locked and we had an appt). While we were waiting, we called her but got no response. Supposedly we were supposed to come in and find her. REALLY? Be forewarned! Totally unprofessional.

2015-01-05T21:10:43 Response from the vendor

I want to apologize for your experience, at the time of this tour the venue was still under construction. We opened for business on March 2012, so early tours were being conducted. The venue is nestled inside a condominium property, and since then we are... Read Less Read More