Open-Minded Wedding Officiants

Asheville Marriages is a team of open-minded wedding officiants specializing in secular and interfaith wedding ceremonies. They offer a high-quality, highly personalized, professional service for couples who want the most out of their wedding day. What makes Asheville Marriages unique is the signature Marriage Enrichment Program, a series of simple steps designed to get your marriage off to its very best start and reach its highest potential! Philip Lingle, founder and head officiant, created this program because he strongly believes that fostering a happy and lasting marriage is just as important as crafting a beautiful and meaningful wedding ceremony.

Elopement, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-Religious Ceremony, Same Sex Ceremony, Second Wedding , Vow Renewal Ceremony

Religious Affiliations

Interfaith, Secular, Spiritual

Ceremony, Wedding

15 Arlington Street, Asheville, NC Western North Carolina (828) 768-9355

Best Officiant - EVER

Reviewed on 8/13/2015 Carissa N

Philip was the absolute best possible choice for an officiant! He made the wedding so personalized and perfect that you would have thought he had known us for years. We loved everything about our ceremony and the day wouldn't have been the same without his guidance and... Read More support. I'm thrilled to say the ceremony was so awesome that there were tears and laughter and tons of people who told us it was the best ceremony they had ever attended. Yes, people actually listened and participated. (Philip even got hugs from family friends.) Our wedding was everything we wanted and more. Philip played a large part in that and we are forever thankful. If you are considering working with Philip, do it! Best and easiest choice you will make.

Reviewed on 6/27/2016 Allison O

The wife and I are the spiritual but not religious sort, and Philip was absolutely perfect for the type of ceremony we wanted. That's not to say he wouldn't be fantastic at whatever type of ceremony you're looking for though; Philip is very accommodating and easy to work with... Read More and communicate with. We loved how he catered the ceremony to our beliefs and personalities (which he learned through the truly awesome, fun, and educational marriage enrichment program). And the way Philip worked with us to fine tune the ceremony (what our vows would say, etc) was done in the most efficient and easy way possible. Overall, we couldn't have asked for a better counseling program or officiant.

No need to look anywhere else!

Reviewed on 11/05/2015

We are so glad we found the best wedding officiant ever! Just by chance I came across Philip Lingle's name while starting my internet search for an officiant. I sent him a message and he responded right away! After that we had a phone conversation and everything just came so... Read More easy with him. I knew right away he was the one I wanted to marry us:) He is a down to earth normal guy who loves what he does. He also takes the time to get to know you and figure out how to make your wedding the most special it can be. I can sincerely say that we look forward to having a lasting friendship with Phil.

Reviewed on 11/11/2017 Sara U

From the first phone call – I knew Asheville Marriages was the right choice for us. Phil really took the time to listen to what my husband and I wanted on our wedding day and what we valued in our relationship. He paired us with Vaughn. Throughout the entire process they were... Read More attentive and detailed. Vaughn wrote our ceremony and it was so personalized. Our experience with Asheville Marriages exceeded any expectations we and our guests may have had. I have never seen so many people in tears at a wedding! It was truly beautiful.

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Erin B

Philip did a fantastic job officiating our wedding at The Farm this past weekend! We were so pleased with the ceremony he wrote, and especially appreciate the time he took to work with us before the wedding to make sure the ceremony was exactly what we wanted. He did a fantastic... Read More job walking us through the ceremony the day before the wedding and made sure everyone was comfortable with where to go and what to do. Fantastic job!

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Heather B

Barrett and Philip with Asheville Marriages were amazing. They were able to give us the perfect ceremony. We received so many compliments on the content and delivery! Thank you for helping make our wedding day perfect!

Reviewed on 9/22/2017 Sarah J

Philip was amazing! He was so easy going, very professional, and gave great advice along the way. All of our guests loved our ceremony and they all commented on how much they loved Philip. Thank you so much for making our wedding day perfect! If I could leave 10 stars, I would!

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Taylor M

We recently had Philip officiate our wedding at Sawyer Family Farmstead and it could not have been more perfect. Everything Philip said rang true for us and many of our guests commented that the ceremony was one of the best they had ever heard. We had a tough time finding the... Read More right person to officiate at first because we are both not religious but deeply value marriage and a lifelong commitment to on another, and Philip was able to perfectly capture this in our ceremony. He was extremely easy to communicate with, very professional but also personal, and made everything very organized and straightforward for us. He was very flexible and was willing to make our ceremony exactly what we wanted, but his vast experience also came in very handy, as he provided a ton of great suggestions and sample templates for us. He suggested the "love letter and wine box ceremony" which was incredibly special and something we will always remember. Overall I could not have asked for a more meaningful, personal, down to earth, and stress-free ceremony, I highly recommend Asheville Marriages to anyone who is looking for a wedding officiant!

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Katie Z

We recently used Asheville Marriages for our September wedding and could not have been happier! The ceremony was so personal and tailored to us. Our officiant was Keith and his delivery was so warm. Working with him and the whole company was so easy, it put us at ease as we... Read More approached our big day! We received so many compliments on how beautiful the ceremony was. We highly recommend going with Asheville Marriages for your ceremony!

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Stephanie S

Asheville marriages was the best company to work with! They are all so friendly, and made the process so simple. Our officiant was Jen and from the first time we spoke with her on the phone, to the day of the wedding she was such a pleasure to work with. Her warm heart radiated... Read More through every person at our ceremony and you could feel the love she had for her job. She really put on a beautiful ceremony and if I could do it all over again I would choose Asheville marriages every time. It was the best day of my life, and I have them to thank!

Reviewed on 9/09/2017 Blake L

Fantastic Job!! Philip really took the time to understand what was important to Blake and I during our ceremony and went above and beyond to include our unique brand of honor throughout the vows. He was professional, offered great communication, and was simply a pleasure to work... Read More with from start to finish! Being from out of town, he illustrated how important our ceremony was by meeting with us at oddball times and days to review what we wanted said and in what order. Would HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend Asheville Marriages to ANYONE getting married in their area. Thank you again for such a wonderful experience !

Reviewed on 9/08/2017 John C

Vaughn Talbert of Asheville Marriages was an outstanding minister for our wedding. He developed a customized and unique ceremony script that captured the personalities of both my bride and me. The pre-marital "counseling" program was excellent! It pushed my then-fiance and... Read More I to really explore and communicate about those critical topics that can become obstacles later in life. I recommend anyone getting married in the Greater-Asheville, NC area to use Asheville Marriages! And ask for Vaughn!

Reviewed on 8/04/2017 Laura J

Phillip provided everything we were looking for in an officiant- easy going, professional, responsive and fun. He offers several options for wedding packages- ultimately we opted to forgo the counseling package- and is so helpful and easy to work with as you plan your ceremony.... Read More We were uncomfortable writing and reading our own vows in front of 100+ people, but still wanted a personalized ceremony. Phillip was able to write a ceremony that felt like us and gave us numerous options to choose from. We met him at our rehearsal and it felt like we had known him for months. Everything the day of the wedding went so smoothly and he even checked in the next day to congratulate us again and send us a copy of our wedding certificate for honeymoon perks.

Reviewed on 7/23/2017 Jon N

Phillip truly is an amazing officiant and performed a wonderful ceremony for us. We first met Phillip about a year before our wedding and throughout that time we were in constant contact with him. We went through his marriage enrichment program which we highly recommend. It not... Read More only provided us with guidance for a successful marriage but we also learned a lot about each other that we didn’t know before. This also gave Phillip the opportunity to learn more about us as a couple and he provided us great feedback along with answering many questions we had throughout the program. Since we were doing a destination wedding, Phillip was always able to meet with us when we were in Asheville to discuss the ceremony and answer any questions we had. He also gave a ton of information about wedding related activities such as how to get a marriage license in Asheville and also what to do to get your name changed. These were hugely beneficial as both of these tasks are very important but can be overwhelming. For the ceremony, Phillip provided us with several options and recommendations as far as what to put in the ceremony. Once we were all in agreement he then drafted the ceremony and gave it to us several weeks before our wedding day. It was great how personal it was to us and how well thought out it was. On the day of our wedding, Phillip did a wonderful job. Everything was on point and he did a lot of little things which we truly appreciated such as moving out of the way for our vows and first kiss as a married couple so the photos would just capture us. It is these little details which really elevated our wedding day. We had several guests tell us after our ceremony that he did a wonderful job. It was truly a pleasure to work with Phillip and have him be a part of our wedding. We highly recommend him and at the end of the day have considered him a friend throughout this process.

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Kendall B

Philip and the whole team at Asheville Marriages are amazing at what they do. We were referred to Philip when we contacted another officiant in the area who was unavailable, and I'm so glad he was the one to make our wedding official. He is very professional- from the opening... Read More email and ensuing phone calls to post-wedding "to-do's", everything was top notch. We are living across the country, in California, and he was able to work with us, with the time difference, to set up meetings and really get to know us. We never met in person until a few weeks before the wedding but it didn't matter, it was so natural. We also used the "Marriage Enrichment" program which Philip offers for an extra fee. It was beyond worth it. Even if you think you already know everything about someone, the program brings up great conversations and questions that may not come up otherwise. I'm sure that each of these conversations made our marriage and bond stronger, and really helped us write our vows. The program also helped Philip get to know us better. We were amazed when we read the first draft of the ceremony that he wrote for us. It was as if he had known us for years. The final version (we changed very little) was just perfect. It incorporated our family, our friends, and really our entire lives! The day of the ceremony, Philip was on top of everything. He made sure we were ready, the vows, the acoustics, the layout....everything. We had a few bumps in the ceremony, nothing that we could have planned for, and he worked through the bumps like a pro. Our guests loved him and raved about his ceremony, his jokes, his cool demeanor and his natural ability to bring out the importance of our day. I cannot recommend him enough, and the rest of the team. I feel like instead of just getting an officiant, we made a new friend, who we will always remember for his part in our wedding.

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Vanessa B

We had such a great experience with Keith and Philip! They were so helpful with the whole process, sending us tips and suggestions for all things wedding. Our ceremony was beautiful and we couldn't have imagined anything more us! I would highly recommend Asheville Marriages!

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Jonathan G

We had a great experience with Asheville Marriages from start to finish. They were extremely professional and very easy to work with during the planning process. The team at Asheville marriages was organized and everything went as planned. Would certainly recommend to use... Read More them for your wedding.

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Holly M

Asheville Marriages, especially Philip, was wonderful from start to finish. Super easy to work with; very accommodating to what suites you and your spouse! Our ceremony was everything we hoped and more! I would definitely recommend Asheville Marriages!

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Erin M

Phillip is excellent. Not only is he a fun and awesome individual, but his professionalism is outstanding. He's a great guy; not just as an officiant, but in every interaction. Each meeting was enjoyable, as well as the entirety of our Marriage Enrichment Program experience.... Read More He's the kind of guy you'd want to invite to your family cook-out, really. I even want to get married again just so I can hang out with him more. I plan to use Philip on all my future marriages--I highly recommend this guy! In the most genuine way possible, I want to express my extreme satisfaction with Philip's absolute thoroughness and ability craft a perfectly personalized ceremony for my soulmate and me to be able express our intentions, love, and absolute joy of joining lives. I can not imagine one better. Thank you Philip. Your ability to get to know us and hone in on our special connection was impeccable. You truly are kindred, and I am grateful to have met you.

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Ali R

What made our ceremony was the incredible role Marco played in our wedding. He was truly like one of the family! Such a personal touch on every word, so easy to work with Marco, Phil and the entire team, and the accessibility that Asheville Marriages gave us was unmatched. We... Read More are beyond thankful Marco was our officiant. It felt like we knew him for years. He took the time to get to know us prior to our rehearsal which made us feel comfortable and at ease. They are simply the best!

Reviewed on 5/19/2017 Rachael D

Marco was wonderful to work with and our ceremony was beautifully scripted and delivered!

Reviewed on 5/08/2017 Amy P

We LOVE Asheville Marriages! Working with Philip and Barrett was an absolute pleasure! They go out of their way to make sure that your day is perfect and tailored to you. They are open-minded and very professional!! They are exceptional and made our day very special. Our... Read More guests were very impressed with our sweet and intimate ceremony! Would recommend to anyone getting married in the beautiful WNC mountains!

Reviewed on 5/08/2017 Jenna V

Words cannot describe the joy that Asheville Marriages brought to our dream wedding day in the mountains. Phil created a customized ceremony for us that was incredibly genuine and full of love, and left us with something to live by every day of our marriage. He could not have... Read More represented our relationship together any better. Since our wedding day I have received SO MANY compliments on how special our ceremony was, including remarks that it represented our life together so perfectly. Working with Phil & Asheville Marriages was definitely a highlight of our planning process and I would recommend them a million times again. THANK YOU to Phil and the staff of Asheville Marriages, for being one of our favorite vendors of the day! Jenna & Quint April 29, 2017

Reviewed on 5/02/2017 Emilee R

Phillip did such an amazing job!! Asheville Marriages was recommended by my venue and we could not have found a better person to work with. Communicating with him was so easy and he created such a personal ceremony for Frank and I that really captured who we were. Hands down the... Read More best choice and I would recommend him to anyone- He made everything easy and delivered the best wedding ceremony possible!

Reviewed on 4/28/2017 Gregory M

Philip Lingle and his company Asheville Marriages did an excellent job. They were very responsive, offer valuable advice and very easy format to design the wedding of our dreams. The officiant Marco was AWESOME, I will recommend them to anyone getting married. Philip and... Read More Marco, thanks for making our special day so perfect. Gratefully yours, Greg & Mendy.

Philip Lingle

Philip Lingle is an open-minded wedding officiant who has a background in teaching Philosophy. He became interested in officiating weddings in 2007 after a friend asked him to create and perform a unique ceremony for her upcoming wedding. She told him that he was the perfect person to officiate her wedding because of his eloquent way with words, his calm energy, and his knowledge of a wide variety of wisdom traditions. The wedding was a great success and the experience was so rewarding for Philip that he decided to continue to officiate weddings for couples with diverse spiritual beliefs.