Dietary Options

Gluten Free

Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Cakes + Desserts

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 Kerri M

Ashley was absolutely wonderful to work with. I did not want a typical wedding cake, rather, I wanted a cupcake display. Ashley is upbeat and very professional. She took what little direction I gave her and turned it into a dream. Oh and did I mention, THE CAKE IS DELICIOUS! I'm... Read More so happy we had a chance to work with her and I'll be keeping her in mind for any future events we plan!

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 L S

Ashley Cakes is absolutely amazing! She and her husband are so cute, helpful, kind, and filled with joy! My cake was absolutely gorgeous and more importantly delicious! Loved working with them! They helped us make our night incredible!! I would recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 1/15/2017 Sonya L

Ashley Cakes made our wedding cake. We went to a tasting and we were just blown away! As she sat there sketching our dream wedding cake... we sampled some of the best cakes we had ever tasted!! It was so hard to choose!! Before we left she said that instead of freezing the top... Read More layer of our cake she would make us a layer for our anniversary !! We booked her right away! And it was the best decision we had ever made! Our guests are still talking about our cake! Ashley and her husband are truly talented and so nice!! Our cake was stunning!! Every bride should have an Ashley Cake!! You and your guests will be so happy you chose this vendor!! If we could give her ten stars we would!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Ashley W

My wedding is not until January, but I just had to write a review about how great Ashley Cakes has been thus far. The tastings have been wonderful! We had our second tasting today and every flavor was delicious...I'm seriously having a tough time picking just three. Her "cake... Read More cottage" where she and her husband conduct tastings is so cute, her enthusiasm about my cake and the process is contagious, and the sketch she drew of the cake is gorgeous! I can't wait to see it all come to fruition in just a couple of months!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Aleigha J

Ashley Cakes created a phenomenal cake for my wedding! Through the entire process, Ashley was very responsive and easy to communicate with. Ashley was able to create a 3-tier cake within my budget to feed 70-80 guests. When I arrived at my reception, I was truly blown away by... Read More how lovely my cake was. However when we cut the cake, and had the first bite, I was blown even further! We received so many compliments on our snicker doodle and chocolate cake flavors. I had the chocolate at the wedding and could not have been more happy! Two days later, the new husband and I finished off some left over cake while on our honeymoon and was still as delicious as the first bite on our wedding day.

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Jerrae W

Ashley and her husband are amazing! From the initial consultation until the wedding day they were very professional. The cake tasting in their cute cottage like studio was exceptional. Ashley designed our cake and we tasted several flavors that were all delicious. We ended up... Read More choosing the tuxedo cake with wedding cake/strawberry puree and almond cake/cream cheese. All of my guests raved about the cake and how moist it was compared to other wedding they had attended. I would definitely recommend all brides to use Ashley cakes!!!

Reviewed on 4/26/2016 Chelsea I

Ashley made my vision for my wedding cake a dream come true. She is incredibly talented and her cake cottage is top notch. To this day I am still getting compliments on how delicious my cake was. I highly recommend her. The almond cake and buttercream frosting is out of this... Read More world!

Ashley Cakes for my wedding!

Reviewed on 11/04/2015 Daniel W

Ashley cakes made the most gorgeous cake for my wedding! It was absolutely delicious and I have had so many of my guests call and tell me how yummy they thought it was! It was elegant and looked exactly how we dreamed it would. Ashley and her husband Josh were excellent to... Read More work with and were so easy to communicate with. They designed our cake on a sketch pad and we adored it right away! Ashley even let us pick out the exact color of the cake using a Sherwin Williams color swatch book to ensure the cake was the perfect color we wanted! Also, I got a groom's cake from them and it was amazing! They followed the picture to the T and all of our guests were very impressed with the design and taste!

Beautiful and Delicious Cakes!

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 Claire H

Ashley did a phenomenal job creating a truly gorgeous wedding cake that was also incredibly delicious! I confessed to Ashley at our first meeting that I am not traditionally a "wedding cake person," but in a very short amount of time she 100% converted me! She is that good. I... Read More received countless compliments on my stunning cake and how wonderful it tasted! Ashley took my vision and captured it perfectly in the cake she designed for our special day. It was a true statement piece at our wedding reception. Ashley and her husband, Josh, are an amazing team. They are professional and responsive and hands down the best of the best! They are worth every penny and the quality of their cakes is unmatched. We just can't say enough great things about them. Ashley Cakes will be our "go-to" for all future cake/cupcake needs!

AMAZING!

Reviewed on 11/02/2015 Kailey B

I can't say enough great things about Ashley Cakes! Not only are Ashley and her husband Josh both SO nice, their cakes are delicious and beautiful in design. I loved that they took the time to meet with us in person before our wedding to have a tasting and go over the design... Read More with us. The results were perfect- the cake looked exactly as we discussed and everyone kept talking about how delicious it was. I would recommend Ashley Cakes for all events- not just weddings!

Loved Ashley's Cakes!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Heather E

Ashley from Ashley's Cakes was one of my favorite vendors to work with. Here's what you need to know- she makes gorgeous delicious cakes out of a truly adorable cake studio. She was super professional and easy to work with. She also seemed to know many of the other vendors in... Read More the RDU area- my photographer, florist, and event planner all raved about her. All of her cakes use buttercream icing but she uses stencils to make all kinds of intricate designs. She created a six tiered cake for our wedding of ~240 people. Only have positive things to say about her!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Shantay D

Ashley Cakes can't be beat! I heard about Ashley from both my wedding planner and a friend who'd used her for her own wedding. The initial meeting was awesome. I got to sit down and discuss my vision for the cake as well as flavor profiles. On the spot, Ashley drew my dream... Read More cake. Yes! That very day, I left with a sketch of my dream cake and a tasting box (a box with sample cake and icing flavors). The day of our event, set up went flawless. The first time I saw our cake, I was taken away by its beauty and sophistication. I am so glad I chose this company for my wedding day!

Best Cakes Around

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 MIMMS V

These guys are the best of the best in this business. When you meet them for the first time you will instantly know that they know what they are doing. They went out of their way to make sure we got everything we wanted plus some. If you have a special design that you want... Read More them to create in a cake, you will definitely want to use Ashley Cakes as they simply are the best.

YUM!

Reviewed on 8/11/2015 Courtney B

This was above and beyond a typical wedding cake - it was amazing. We had such a hard time picking cake flavors because they were all so good at our tasting (she gave us a huge box)! We ended up picking 3 cake flavors, 2 cupcake flavors, and 2 mini pie flavors for our wedding... Read More day and have still been told how amazing all of it was. Ashley decorated everything perfectly and the grooms cake was perfect (and totally custom from the design to the flavor)...her husband is an artist so his designs are killer. Ashley also does a fresh anniversary cake, so no sticking our cake in the freezer for our 1st anniversary! Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 8/05/2015

We are the father and mother of the bride. During our selection process for a cake vendor, we met with Ashley and Josh to review our options. Ashley and Josh were excellent to work with and it did not take long to know Ashley Cakes was our final stop! They helped us make the... Read More best decisions and the final product was outstanding! I would recommend Ashley Cakes to everyone!

Reviewed on 5/02/2015 Natalie W

Our cake was amazing. It was beautiful and delicious. From the beginning Ashley was one of the easiest vendors to work with for our wedding. I went in to her office and described what I wanted and she literally was able to just start drawing a beautiful cake! It definitely... Read More turned out amazing! She also did our grooms cake which was a Braves baseball hat. Everyone was so impressed with all the detail put into the cake. I would definitely recommend working with Ashley!

Yummy cake, creative design!

Reviewed on 4/22/2015 Danaka W

Ashley Cakes is a husband-wife partnership that does an amazing job from start to finish. They took the time to have a consultation with us where we tried more than 10 flavors of cake and filling combinations. While we had a few sporadic ideas of what we wanted the cake to look... Read More like, they were very good of taking our original ideas and making them better and more creative. They also were very accommodating, including changes closer to the wedding date. The finished product was not only beautifully designed, but also very tasty! We received numerous compliments from guests about the flavor and the design. Would definitely recommend!

Amazing Cake!!

Reviewed on 3/20/2015 Ashley B

My husband James and I are so so glad we went with Ashley and her husband Josh to make our wedding cake!! Personally, Ashley and I clicked really well, and we ended up designing the cake by ourselves (Josh, my husband, and my mom just kinda sat and watched because it looked like... Read More Ashley and I knew what we were doing)! I also had discovered that Ashley likes Grumpy Cat (as do I!) and so we kept teasing my husband that we'd put Grumpy Cat stickers or something in the cake! :) We ended up with a 5-tier cake (2nd from the top was fake!) with sparkly frosting, flowers, pearls, sparkly ribbon, sugar flowers, and a belt detail to mimic the belt on my dress! The cake flavors we got for the tasting were all so delicious! It was kinda hard to choose! We ended up going with almond cake with amaretto filling for the bottom and middle layers and a pumpkin spice cake with cinnamon cream cheese filling for the layer in between! It was delicious, and our guests were all raving about how good the cake was! I personally was glad that I got to take the leftovers home! :) Ashley also made the top layer a chocolate cake with a chocolate mousse filling just for me, and I really enjoyed it!! :) One of my favorite things about the cake was the surprise Ashley left for me on the cake! On the back of our cake, Ashley had made a frosting replica of my family's cat (which is grey) and added a sparkly pink bow with bling! Ashley worked on this surprise with my mom and brother, and later I was told that originally she was planning on putting a generic cat, and then noticed on Instagram (since we follow each other!) that this particular gray cat kept coming up on my insta, so my mom told Ashley how I had joked about walking our kitty down the aisle in a sparkly harness! I so loved the little replica of our kitty!! That surprise was one of my favorite details from the entire day!! :) Ashley and Josh made the most delicious and beautiful cake I've ever had! I am so glad I got to work with them, and they are so sweet on top of their awesome talent! I am definitely planning on finding another reason/excuse to work with Ashley again and get another cake! :D Thank you so much Ashley and Josh, we had so much fun working with you and hope to stay in touch!! :)

Very Talented

Reviewed on 3/19/2015 Kirsten L

Ashley created a 2 tier cake for to top a cupcake display for my wedding. All 3 flavors were delicious, and I loved how she was able to match the design of my dress's appliques on the cake. We had some cupcakes leftover, so we froze them. They were still yummy 2 weeks later.... Read More Thanks, Ashley.

Best Cake Ever!

Reviewed on 11/08/2014 Molly S

I can't say enough good things about Ashley Cakes! Our wedding cake was exactly what I'd envisioned down to the smallest detail. Not only was it incredibly delicious, it was an absolutely beautiful cake! We had a fall wedding, and the pumpkin spice flavor was amazing and so... Read More fitting for the time of year. :) The banana pudding and almond with buttercream layers were just as delicious! I know there are lots of options out there for wedding cakes, but if you're unsure who to go with, I encourage you to at least go meet with Ashley and Josh - they are absolutely wonderful; I can assure you you will not be disappointed. They were so attentive and provided wonderful ideas. They are true artists! We couldn't have been happier with our wedding cake from Ashley Cakes - we are still talking about it :) Thank you SO much Ashley and Josh!!

Highly recommend Ashley Cakes!

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Kelli S

Ashley Cakes provides delicious and beautiful cakes! At our initial meeting, we knew right away we were in good hands. We told Ashley our style and immediately she started sketching a perfect wedding cake for us. Ashley and her husband, Josh, were SO pleasant to work with.... Read More We received rave reviews from our wedding guests! Highly recommend Ashley Cakes!

One of my Favorite Vendors!

Reviewed on 10/22/2014 Elizabeth T

Working with Ashley was such a joy. She was the first cake vendor I contacted and the last! There was no need to look further. My fiance and I met with Ashley and her husband in their office as she helped my ideas come to life and sketched my wedding cake. We then ate the entire... Read More sample box in the parking lot because we just couldn't wait any longer it was all so good. She made the entire process so enjoyable and one to remember. Not to mention, people are still raving about how good the cake was. You can't go wrong with having Ashley as one of your Vendors.

Amazing Cake

Reviewed on 10/16/2014 Carly M

The cake that Ashley made was not only beautiful but also delicious! Ashley was very professional and easy to work with. I would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone. Thanks to Ashley for the amazing cake!

Great wedding Cake

Reviewed on 10/15/2014 Alison M

Ashley Cakes did a great job on my wedding cake! I came in with a vision, and Ashley sketched something up for us with in minutes. The cake looked just like her sketch! Everything went flawless day of, and when I had a million other things on my mind, I didn't have to... Read More worry about the cake. It was there on time and set up! It was perfect!

so glad there are leftovers!

Reviewed on 10/15/2014 Amanda T

We wanted cupcakes and a top tier cutting cake, and had one meeting with Ashley and her husband, during which they were super friendly and knew exactly what we wanted. It was nice working with a local small business rather than a big chain, because they were so personal and... Read More sweet and their cake was INCREDIBLE! My husband and I didn't have any time to sit down at our wedding, of course, so the only taste of our cake we got was when we cut it. Luckily, there were some cupcakes left afterwards, and we have been going hard on those! They are so delicious! We didn't get to see Ashley the day of the wedding when she delivered the cake, but she assembled the display and cake topper perfectly and there was nothing for me to worry about. Such a relief. I would recommend Ashley Cakes to all my friends, and I hope to work with them again someday :)