Ashley McKenzie Photography

Servicing Fort Collins, Denver, Estes Park and Boulder

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Online Proofing, Photo, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Wedding Albums, Photo + Video

304 Kalkaska Court, Fort Collins, CO Servicing Fort Collins, Denver, Estes Park and Boulder (970) 214-9192

Reviewed on 12/26/2017 Eliza B

Ashley is an amazing photographer and a very kind hearted, beautiful person who is a pleasure to work with! As an artist, she truly can capture the emotions in her portraits, capturing the joy of our engagement and wedding day. Her attention to not only who she is... Read More photographing, but her attentiveness to the background and lighting is impeccable too. Her photographs are amazing and we certainly cherish her work each day! Ashley is very graceful, patient and kind while truly “herding cats” for family portraits - this can not be an easy feat! She is a talented artist and such a kind, calming pleasure to work with, especially on your wedding day! With love & appreciation, Eliza & Jake Burke

Reviewed on 11/30/2017 Kristy N

When you start wedding planning- everything can be so overwhelming. Where do I start, who do I talk to, who can help me along this process? Ashley was my first call. All of those questions became a little less “scary” after talking with her. I met Ashley though another project-... Read More and knew from that point that when my husband and I decided to take the next step that Ashley would be my first call. Ashley is not only an incredible photographer, but she is a wonderful person. She has so much insight and helpful little tips that make the wedding planning process just a little bit less insane. I felt like I was inviting a friend to our wedding – not a photographer. She knows how to get the best shots, find the best light, and just get the best out of each person (and dog☺). Our engagement photos in Downtown Denver captured my husband and I perfectly. She got us to come out of our shells and was able to capture each of our personalities perfectly. Then at the wedding- She did the same thing with not only him and I- but also each and everyone she took a photo of. I feel so grateful that I have shots- for example- of my Grandparents- the love and the happiness in their faces is something I will cherish forever. I could not have imagined my day without her. I highly recommend Ashley to any bride looking for a photographer who will add just a little bit more excitement, smiles, and love to their day!

Reviewed on 11/08/2017 Ali W

Ashley is amazing and by far exceeded our expectations!! From the moment we contacted her she was extremely professional and helpful. My husband and I are from Wisconsin, so doing a destination wedding in Colorado was a lot to plan. Ashley helped us every step of the way,... Read More making sure our large wedding party had lots of fun but also stayed organized. She captured every detail of our special day with her unique and artistic style. Ashley knows the Rocky Mountain National Park well, and she helped us pick out the perfect spot for both our engagement and wedding pictures. The photos are seriously breathtaking!! We could not be happier with how everything turned out and would highly recommend Ashley to any Colorado couples looking for the perfect photographer.

Reviewed on 11/05/2017 Andrea B

Ashley was the perfect choice for our engagement and wedding photos! She was professional, organized, and directed us every step of the way, which considering we were an out of town couple was AMAZING. She also shares my husband and I's passion for the outdoors and adventure and... Read More that really made for a comfortable atmosphere when taking photos...not to mention the most amazing photos ever!! She also recommended the spots for our engagement photos and first look photos that were simply perfect. If you want an experienced, friendly, and incredibly talented photographer Ashley's your girl.

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 April K

Ashley is not only one of the nicest people ever, but she is a true artist. She captured so many beautiful memories from our wedding day and every time I look through the images, I am so grateful we hired her. I would recommend her to any bride and groom!!

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Kathy B

We had the pleasure of working with Ashley for our wedding on 9/16/2017. Throughout our entire time working with Ashley she was professional, responsive and friendly. She did our engagement photos and got up super early with us to take the most amazing sunrise photos. On our... Read More wedding day she blended in seamlessly with our guests and took time to get every picture we asked for. I couldn't imagine my wedding without her - everything she did helped make my day special. On top of that, we got a preview of our photos in less than a week and they were GORGEOUS! Thank you so much Ashley. I would highly recommend you to anyone looking to have the most beautiful wedding photos!! - Kathy

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Ashley L

Ashley photographed our wedding on July 22, 2017 and I can not say anything bad! She had our photos ready to go on July 29th! ONE week after the wedding!!! You can tell Ashley really loves her job as well, she took her time making sure she was able to get all of our photos... Read More perfect. She provided us with a timeline of activities, she even helped with silly questions we had about how to dance or how to cut the cake. She really is so much fun to work with! I would 100% recommend her! I bought her package that included one more photographer, she brought Katie and Katie was amazing as well! Both ladies made us feel comfortable and they were very patient with our goofiness of a couple! Thank you again Ashley!!!! Our engagement photos from her are AMAZING as well, call me biased but these are the best engagement and wedding photos I have ever seen!

Reviewed on 2/12/2017 Kelci R

One of my husband and my’s most important elements of our wedding was having top quality photography. Thankfully, we found Ashley. She was very friendly from the first interaction and she made reasonable recommendations for how to get the most bang for our buck. Ashley and her... Read More second photographer were very professional at the wedding. Ashley even arrived early to take some detail shots, which was a bonus to our original agreement. Family and friends all said positive things about their interactions with Ashley; she’s very unobtrusive and yet captures the shots required. We received our wedding photos within the quoted timeframe and most importantly, we’re very happy with the quantity and quality of moments captured that day.

Reviewed on 12/27/2016 Ashley C

Ashley was truly a pleasure to work with. She was professional, extremely responsive, listened to what we wanted and was so fun to be around. She managed to make us feel comfortable in front of the camera and ensured we got everything we wanted from our pictures. Truly the best... Read More experience.

Reviewed on 12/27/2016 Rachel D

Ashley was a joy to work with! She is highly professional and her photography is incredibly beautiful. She takes great pride and love in producing high quality pictures for her clients. She is reliable and on-time and is quick to turn around the edited photos. She did our... Read More engagement photo shoot and our wedding, and we couldn't be happier with how our photos turned out! She captured our most important moments in such a personal way. Her style is very "candid" and she love to capture the real life emotions of the moment. We love looking through our pictures and re-living our day because she documented it so well. I would HIGHLY recommend Ashley McKenzie Photography to everyone I know. If you haven't booked her yet, do it now!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Carolyn H

Ashley is wonderful to work with from start to finish. She is friendly, professional, organized, calm, and very talented. She feels like a friend as soon as you meet her, and it truly seems like she finds joy and happiness in her work. At no point did I worry that I wouldn't get... Read More a photo that was important to me--she was all over it, and our photos were beautiful. I'm a graphic designer by trade, working a lot with photography, so I have pretty discerning taste when it comes to photo quality. It's not all in how to work the camera--it's how to capture real moments and make your subjects (who usually aren't models) feel comfortable and happy in front of the camera. Ashley is gifted in all these areas, and I could not be happier with how our engagement and wedding photos came out. During our wedding, I had so many friends & family members tell me how great she was, and after we received our photos back, the complements poured in. Everyone agreed: Ashley is fantastic in pretty much every way :)

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Lindsey P

Ashley was great! We absolutely LOVE our wedding photos and have received tons of compliments on how they turned out. Ashley did a great job getting to know us as a couple, and capturing all of the most special moments on our big day. She's fun, creative and so talented! I'm so... Read More happy we booked with her - and look forward to working with her in the future!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Claire M

Ashley was absolutely amazing and just what we were looking for in a photographer! She was wonderful to work with and did an incredible job capturing every moment of our wedding. Ashley made a point to get to know us as a couple and truly became a part of the celebration. We... Read More love the pictures and will enjoy them for years to come!

Reviewed on 4/11/2016 Anastacia P

Ashley was a gem to work with, from the moment my husband and I met her we knew she would be a great fit! We are thrilled with our photos, highly recommend Ashley!

Reviewed on 11/23/2015 Abbey C

Ashley is such a wonderful photographers to work with! She is laid back, responsive to emails, and knows how to roll with the punches on the wedding day. Her photography is great, her turnaround time is quick, and most importantly...her clients love her!

Reviewed on 8/21/2015 Bridget M

Everyone who looks at my wedding photos says they are the most beautiful wedding photos they have ever seen, and I agree. They tell a beautiful story. Beyond that, Ashley is just an amazing human being. She is so sweet and romantic, as well as hardworking and professional. She... Read More has really found her calling and it shows in every picture.

Reviewed on 7/21/2015

My husband and I love pictures so when it came time to choose our engagement/wedding photographer we did tons of research to find "the best" and wow did we find it! From the beginning, Ashley was inviting, personable, a joy to be around and our pictures are stunning. We are so... Read More thankful that we chose Ashley and we can't wait to work with her again!

Reviewed on 7/10/2015 Jade B

It was such a pleasure to have Ashley as our photographer on our wedding day. She was everything we dreamed about in a photographer - punctual (early in fact, which was really nice because our venue can be hard to find), organized, friendly and she takes amazing pictures. What I... Read More love most about her is that she made my husband and me feel completely comfortable, which is saying a lot for two people who don't love to be the center of attention. She did a great job of perfectly capturing our day and we will forever have these memories to cherish. Additionally, after the wedding, we were told that it would take around 5 weeks to have all of our pictures and we got them within 2 weeks of our wedding - such a great surprise (though I know this may not be the case for everyone as we did have an earlier wedding). I know that in the future, if we ever have need for a photographer, she will be our first choice!

Fun and Experienced!

Reviewed on 7/08/2015 Brett R

Ashley knows how to stage, capture moments, and have a great time during the course of an event. She was very flexible with our schedules, especially for engagement photos. She is known at the venue we used, making photographs quick and easy for everyone involved. Strongly... Read More recommend!

Reviewed on 7/06/2015

Ashley did our engagement and wedding photos. From the very beginning she was very quick to respond and was so professional and informative from the start. Her schedule was open to meet with us to go over everything and show us more of her work. Her website shows a great deal of... Read More her wonderful work and she is not afraid to show more on request. The price of her work is absolutely reasonable! She has such a great, easy going personality that she makes you feel comfortable right from the get go. I absolutely loved having her as our photographer and am so happy with all of the photographs. On the day of the wedding she came so prepared and didn't need any direction from anyone which was such a relief. She came ready to work and knew exactly what she needed to do and when. She had a schedule and stuck with it but kept me (the bride) at ease that we were going to get all the photos that were needed even if we were running behind on time. She was patient and kind with everyone even when they could have been in her way. I wouldn't do it any differently if I could. She was perfect and so much fun to work with. I am just sad I don't have a lot more reasons to work with her. Highly recommend you chose Ashley.

Reviewed on 6/17/2015 Liz O

Ashley McKenzie photographed my wedding at Lonehawk Farm in May 2015. I feel so fortunate to have found her! She is professional and so much fun to work with. She was always quick to respond when I had questions or wanted to see a gallery of her work. She gave great advice... Read More on the timing for pictures and how to get the pictures that would mean the most to us. On the wedding day, we had a lot of things that didn't go as planned, but she thrived and made the most of the unexpected. She made everyone feel at ease during portraits and we were all laughing and having a great time. She knew exactly how to take advantage of the timing of events and the lighting. I absolutely love our pictures. She captured the wonderful emotions of the day in such a beautiful way. The portrait, candid, and detail shots are all gorgeous and tell the story of our day. We've had so many wedding guests tell us how much they loved her and the pictures. I can't recommend Ashley and her work enough.

Reviewed on 5/28/2015 Lauren B

Our wedding was on May 2nd, 2015 and we couldn't have asked for a better photographer! Ashley made us comfortable during our engagement session and that was so important to us. On our big deal she captured all of the most important shots and every single image turned out... Read More beautifully! We can't count how many compliments we have received on her already, and can't wait to use her again for other events!

She's wonderful

Reviewed on 11/24/2014 Molly H

Ashley is wonderful. My husband and I were able to jump on this bandwagon early on in her business career, so our price was lower than she charges now, but nonetheless, Ashley is great and worth every penny! Her photos are true to color, meaningful, beautiful, vibrant, the... Read More eyes of her subjects are gorgeous, she has a great eye for the perfect photo, and she is so fun to work with. We had a wedding of about 190, and a wedding party of 12, and she was able to capture such great photos of everyone on our special day. Our groomsmen are hilarious and somewhat ridiculous at times, and she just played along and made them feel comfortable so the pictures are excellent. I would highly recommend Ashley. We received our photos in about 7 weeks, got 506 of them, and we have full rights to them.

Hire Ashley, and you will LOVE your photos!

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Brooke C

My husband and I hired Ashley for our engagement photos as well as for our wedding. Best decision ever? Yes, best decision ever. Not only is Ashley creative, talented and passionate, but she is just such a wonderful person. She cares about the people she works with, and she... Read More cares about her work. Super professional! We both highly recommend her!

Ashley went above and beyond!

Reviewed on 7/14/2014 Lauren T

Ashley did an amazing job of photographing our wedding and engagement session. She was very thorough and professional and her photographs are beautiful. Her ideas were creative and traditionally beautiful. Moreover, she was so easy to work with. She was willing to photograph us... Read More all day - 9am to 9pm! And she was positive and energetic the whole time. Her price was more than reasonable.