Atlantic Resort Newport

Middletown, RI

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Waterfront, Hotel, Restaurant, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Service Staff, Shuttle Service, Transportation

240 Aquidneck Avenue, Middletown, RI (401) 236-2021

Reviewed on 11/09/2016 Sharon F

Amazing. We had our wedding October 28th there and all I can say is it exceeded every expectation I and my groom had. Elaine is the event manager and is by far the best in the business. She handled everything for our special day and made sure it all went smoothly. She is... Read More professional, kind, organized and makes sure you have the best day for both you and your guests. The venue is stunning. We loved the upstairs room for our reception and were stunned at how beautiful it was all done up. The food is off the charts. We heard nothing but compliments on the appetizers, especially the lobster rolls and bakes brie. The dinner was great and we heard from many it was the best baked stuffed shrimp. Filets were cooked to order.... There isn't one thing that we didn't LOVE about this place

Reviewed on 2/23/2018 Katie L

We could not have picked a better reception venue! As soon as we walked in to the Atlantic Resort Newport we were blown away by its beauty. The gorgeous chandelier, chivalry chairs, hardwood floor look and of course the sea view behind the large windows was breath taking.... Read More Elaine and Katy were so accommodating and made me feel at ease throughout the planning process and the day of. Our family and friends were so impressed by the venue, the staff and of course the food! The fact that the venue is also a resort was so convenient for all of our guests, who loved their stay at the Atlantic Resort Newport. Our wedding was the the happiest day of our lives and we are so grateful for the Atlantic Resort Newport for playing a huge role in our special day. We would highly recommend the Atlantic Resort Newport to anyone getting married!

Reviewed on 12/31/2017 Esther K

We had our wedding on 8/19/17. We worked with Anna who is THE BEST. She went above and beyond for everything and for every one of our requests. She was was very responsive, answered every question we had, was patient, knowledgeable, and also very personable and fun, and by the... Read More end of our wedding, felt like part of our family. (We had a few interactions throughout the planning with Elaine, who was quite rude and unprofessional towards us. Very glad we did not work with her.). We came down to the venue several times to view it (with our florist, with our families, etc.) and Anna welcomed us every time, even if it was last minute. Anna worked very well with all of our vendors, including our wedding planner (we got a month-of planner). VENUE: we had the downstairs ballroom, which was spacious, well decorated with hues of golds, neutrals and creams, which is nice and celebratory for a wedding. We had 135 guests. We placed the DJ booth at the mirror end and our sweetheart table on the opposite end near the curtains. We closed off the curtains during the reception and had the space next to the windows between the curtains as a lounge area with high and low tops. This is where we had our family photos done, and our ketubah signing before the wedding. CEREMONY: Our ceremony was outside on the lawn during the sunset, which is an OUTSTANDING view - stunning piece of property - brides/photographers, you will NOT be disappointed with the photo opps during sunset! The main drawback is that you can see the parking lot and cars during your vows , and there is no privacy between when the bride walks out of the resort to walk down the aisle, which is kind of a long walk, so I had my florist bring in tall hedges so that my guests wouldn't see me taking the walk from the resort to the ceremony site. This lack of privacy between the ceremony site and the parking lot is why I gave Atlantic Resort 4/5 stars. We had a Jewish wedding so our florist used the pergola as our huppah and decorated it, which was nice to not have to bring in our own huppah. COCKTAIL HOUR: was held outside on the lawn, and the hedges that we brought in made a great photo backdrop. Unfortunately, we didn't get to experience much of the cocktail hour because we were taking photos during the beautiful sunset, but all of our guests were raving about the food. (We got Package 4 - the full package). RECEPTION: we had the option of going until 12:30 am (for an additional fee, which was totally worth it) which is hard to find in a wedding venue in RI or MA. Afterwards, we moved to the bar and had a few drinks there, although it does close early (1 am). The only change I would have made in our decor in the ballroom is I would have done lighting because I felt like it was too bright in the ballroom. FOOD: We had a tasting of the food months before our wedding and everything we tried was delicious. The food at the wedding was outstanding, and all of our guests were very satisfied (we had a big Russian Jewish wedding with a lot of picky eaters). BRUNCH: we hosted a next-day brunch, and Anna was very amenable to us using the patio at the restaurant. We had about 100 people at brunch and it was a perfect space, and also reasonably priced for brunch (we called around to other places in Newport/Middletown, and brunch at the Atlantic Resort was the best value and still a nice space). RESTAURANT: Food is very good, service was poor. Outdoor bar is great. BRIDAL SUITE: large enough for bridal party

Reviewed on 11/03/2017

My husband and I were the first to be married at The Atlantic Resort and it was the best day of our lives. The staff were so kind to us and our guests, and both Elaine and Kirby are truly the best. Elaine is now like a member of our family, she connected us with a local priest... Read More who made our ceremony so special. We had our ceremony outside and had the most beautiful sunset and perfect weather. The set up in the ballroom from the linens to the chandelier, made all of our pictures come out amazing! I would recommend all couples to get married at The Atlantic Resort!

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Ashley

I don't think I could possibly say enough wonderful things about this venue, or the people that have brought it to life. I've been to a lot of weddings, and perhaps I'm a tad biased, but our wedding surpassed every dream I had for it. I had to pinch myself throughout the... Read More reception to know that it was real! A brand new venue with amazing food, views, and beautiful decor, with a team of wedding coordinators that help you and run the event too! You won't find that anywhere else for this price! First off, the people- Elaine, Kirby, and Anna are seasoned, professional wedding planners who brought every vision we had to life. They became our friends during this process, and genuinely had our best interests in mind. They were honest and candid with what they felt that guests would find important, and what was just going to be a waste of $ (unlike other venues that would love to just squeeze every penny from you... they GENUINELY had our best interests in mind). Elaine in particular is just fantastic to work with, and is so experienced and kind. She would even send me messages of encouragement leading up to the wedding- like a good friend would do � The food is spectacular... I've been fortunate enough to travel and eat at some amazing restaurants in my life, and this was the most delicious and well prepared meal I've ever enjoyed at any wedding. It was something you'd expect from a 5 star restaurant! Huge pieces of filet and large lobster tails, all beautifully presented and served hot. All meals were out within 10 minutes of dinner service beginning, and one of the things I saw the most pictures of, were guests taking pictures of their CLEAN PLATES!!! The appetizers and cocktail hour were also like nothing I've ever seen... forget your typical cheese and cracker platter with a few carrot sticks thrown in- the charcuterie they put out had at least 6 or 7 different cheeses (like baked Brie... wow), at least 4 different smoked meats (prosciutto, mortadella, etc.), and countless exotic fruits and vegetables. This was a feast on its own! The passed appetizers were creative, hot, and delicious... clam cakes with shooters of clam chowder, lamb "lollipops," mini "blt's," and mini cups of Mac and cheese (our favorite, and one of those special requests that they made happen for us!) Then, as if this wasn't enough, the bar was incredible, and the bar manager extremely talented... the signature drinks were even better than when we sampled them at home, and everyone complimented how delicious every drink came out. The beauty of the venue and its location is obvious, but perhaps the best part of all of this is the value you receive for your money. Multiple people have told me it was the best wedding they've ever attended, and probably think it cost a fortune, being in Newport and right on the water. Honestly, this venue is comprised of a group of people that don't believe in nickel-and-diming you... no stupid hidden fees, no surprises... you have a generous timeline in which you can change your guest count for last minute issues, and the pricing is extremely fair and MUCH more reasonable than anywhere else in the area (do your homework for other nearby venues, and you'll see what I mean). In summary, if you want to get married in Newport, don't waste your time looking elsewhere besides this venue. You're going to pay so much more for so much less, and miss out on the perfect location. And three amazing people who love to help you make it all happen �

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Joanna D

Where else could I find the most perfect wedding location? The convenience of the Atlantic Resort is next to none. The resort has everything you could need for a special occasion such is a wedding. Not only do they have a venue but also an accommodation for guests (the Cambria... Read More hotel) and a restaurant to please your traditional American/seafood cravings within the same location. I visited the Atlantic last September to celebrate my cousin's wedding day, and within the first few moments I decided that this will also be where I will hold my wedding in a few years. I loved every second of my experience! Anna, the event coordinator, and her whole team were so accommodating of our needs and ran the entire night so flawlessly. The 2nd floor were they held the banquet was simply gorgeous. Very spacious, and not mention beautiful decors, glorious view, incredible food, and comfortable stay. All in all made for an unforgettable time for everyone.

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Jojo D

Truly the best place to start a lifetime together - I attended my best friend's wedding this fall at the Atlantic and wow, I was mesmerized by the iconic beauty and the purity of this resort. I have no other words but COME EXPERIENCE IT YOURSELF.

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Kaitlin M

I attended my cousin's wedding at the Atlantic Resort. It was terrific! The entire service staff and Anna, the event coordinator, were all so helpful from start to finish. The highlight was the food. My filet didn't even require a knife. I was extremely impressed. I highly... Read More recommend this amazing.

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Ratan T

We had our wedding at the resort last weekend and it was spectacular! Not just the location (which is amazing) but also the food, the staff and the ambience! Right from the onset our coordinator, Anna, took copious notes and made sure we were well taken care of and didn’t have... Read More to sweat the small stuff. She made sure we had a back up plan for rain from day 1 and of course it rained, so she seamlessly moved us indoors and made sure that our baraat (indian wedding procession) went off without a hitch. I also have to mention two more things that made me love Anna and The Atlantic Resort even more: 1) They let us include our puppy in the wedding ceremony and 2) our cake was left undecorated and Anna made sure she decorated it before cake cutting so that it looked pretty in the pictures! Thank you Anna and team at The Atlantic Resort for making our day even more special with your friendly smiles and attention to detail! XOXO

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Amelia E

We went with Atlantic Resort Newport on a whim. When my husband Mike and I met with Elaine all she could physically show us was some digitally created photos of what the space would look like as it hadn't been built yet. The photos were beautiful but what really sold us on the... Read More location was her. She was kind and accommodating from minute one, so much so that we didn't take more than half and hour after our first meeting to go with ARN. When it came down to crunch time hours before the wedding, Kirby was there with Elaine and helping us iron out the details - between making sure that all of our guests had transportation to the small inane requests like asking for a single sweet potato for one guest. They had it all covered for us. The space was beautiful, the staff was friendly, the food was great. If we could do it all over again we'd still pick ARN.

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Lauren S

We got married this past Saturday at the Atlantic Resort and my husband and I could not be more pleased. It is truly a BEAUTIFUL venue. The food was amazing and the staff was caring and made sure the event went exactly according to plan. Elaine is the best! Our guests could not... Read More stop talking about how much fun it was. Thank you Atlantic Resort!

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Alie L

Amazing venue! Everything turned out perfectly!

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Kristen S

My husband and I just had our wedding at the Atlantic Resort this past weekend and I couldn't have been more thrilled. For us, guest experience was the #1 most important criteria for our day, and our guests were RAVING. The food was excellent, staff amazing and timing on point.... Read More People kept telling us our wedding was an 11/10, even my husbands German aunt who is extremely difficult to please and tells it like it is. Dinner was on time which I've come to realize is not common at the weddings we've attended. Elaine is amazing and runs a tight ship - she was kind, organized and always upfront and transparent with everything. You can tell that she has seen it all and knows exactly what to recommend so the flow of the day works. Value wise what I loved about Atlantic Resort was that everything is included and clear. I'm an event planner in my 9-5 so I used an excel budget tracker that I use daily to compare total costs, and once I started adding in random costs at other venues we looked at (cost to have ceremony on site, cake cutting fees etc) we realized that the per person cost was actually a lot higher when it appeared to be less on the surface. Everything is included in the per person cost at Atlantic Resort so once you add tax and gratuity, you get your number and can easily figure out your total venue cost with # of guests. Aesthetics of a place are also very important to me and the ballroom is so beautiful and elegant (golds and whites) with hardwoods. I toured a lot of venues that had older carpeting etc and my color palate (gold, rose gold, and greens) worked so well in this bright stunning space. I was pretty crazy about the decor we brought and had a vision in my head of how i wanted everything to look and the way it was set up was perfect and elegant. If you're looking for a venue in the Newport area, I would highly recommend Atlantic Resort we had an incredible day and I can't stop smiling.

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Kendra B

Elaine is the absolute best! Food is excellent!

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Taylor C

We couldn't have asked for a more perfect wedding. Everything was absolutely beautiful and the reception was flawless. Kirby worked with us for months and she was great! I would call and text her all the time and she was always willing to meet and discuss anything I needed... Read More to. The venue is beautiful, clean, and new. The staff were all incredible. They made sure that my husband and I had time to eat some of the appetizers before we walked into our cocktail hour, and made sure we knew when our food was out so that it wouldn't get cold. The food was all delicious, all of our guests raved about being able to cut their Filet's without a knife. Overall, amazing wedding, venue, staff, and food. Highly recommend.

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Betty Janw W

We had our daughter's wedding in October by Christmas everyone was still talking about the wedding. If you are looking to have your wedding go no further than the Atlantic Resort you will not be disappointed.