When We Say Our Weddings Are Unique, We Mean It.

One party at a time, Atlantis Banquets and Events. An extremely diverse on premise caterer, you'll find a variety of both waterfront and in-venue sites to accommodate all type of events. You'll choose from our elegant Sea Star Ballroom, the newest ballroom on Long Island, 3 stories high overlooking Treasure Cove Marina and the most picturesque Peconic River. Imported European Marble and Chihuly Chandelier greet your guests upon entrance. The Atlantis Aquarium Coliseum Room, showcase's our most captivating aquatic displays, including a 120,000 gallon Sand Tiger Shark Tank, and 20,000 gal. Coral Reef Tank-4th largest in the world. The walls are alive in this entertainment venue. Next door, The Hyatt Place East End Hotel, beautiful waterfront accommodations,buffet breakfast and much more!

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Waterfront, Cruise, Museum, Hotel, Tented

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning

431 East Main Street, Riverhead, NY (631) 574-8008

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Rachael V

I had my wedding on Setember 2, 2017. My husband and I could not be happier with how the entire wedding went! Danny, Beryl, Lori, Jayme, and the entire catering staff truly made our wedding day the best day of our lives! We had our ceremony in the seastar lobby, cocktail hour in... Read More the aquarium, and reception in the seastar ballroom. We had over 200 guests and everyone fit comfortably in every area of the party. Our guests can't stop raving about how cool and different it was to be among all of the fish and animals during cocktail hour! Not only was the ambiance amazing, the food was exceptional! The bacon bar was a hit! The reception was beautiful and the food did not disappoint. My husband and I sampled the steak, pork, and chicken and all were cooked to perfection! Jayme was an outstanding bridal attendant and went above and beyond to make every second of the wedding perfect. If anything did go wrong, my husband and I had no idea! Everyone in the staff was professional and kind and treated not only our families like they were their own, but also all of our guests! We also had an after party where the food was unbelievable as well! The venue is breathtaking and our pictures came out beautiful because of it. Throughout the entire wedding process from the minute we booked the wedding up until the day of, the sales team and catering staff answered all of my questions and gave great advice to make the day special. I would recommend this venue to everyone I know if they are looking for an unforgettable experience for themselves and their guests.

Reviewed on 3/05/2017 Kerri Q

Our wedding was this past December at Atlantis Banquets and Events and I wouldn't change anything! They put on an amazing party and event. We got so many compliments and a lot of people, young and old, said it was the best wedding ever. Our wedding was detailed - I added a lot... Read More of things; favors in alphabetical order, things for each table, signs - I'm sure I was annoying in my details but they didn't bat an eye. Day of everything was exactly as we wanted it. The space is gorgeous. We had the ceremony in the Sea Star lobby with the grand staircase - walking down the staircase was such an awesome experience. Our reception was in the Sea Star Ballroom and out After Party was in the Aquarium itself. Our guests got a taste of the Aquarium upon arrival (the Manta Ray Tank) and then were amazed by the sharks and sea life after the reception. The food is outstanding! I'm a foodie and I loved my dinner and the appetizers I was able to try. Guests complimented the food a ton. We had the mini dessert hour, which included a huge array of cookies, pies, cakes, cordials and an ice cream sundae bar (another enormous hit) Bridal attendants, management and staff were available and easy to work with. Day of, there was always someone helping out and keeping us on track (and getting me drinks :) ) After the wedding everything was neatly packed up for us and brought to the Hyatt hotel next door. I can't thank Michelle, Caryn, Ashley, Lori and the staff at Atlantis enough for making our day so special!

2017-03-06T08:50:07 Response from the vendor

I am delighted to hear you were pleased with the celebration! It was truly my pleasure to work with you during the planning process and I am so happy your wedding lived up to your expectations on every level! We strive to have results such... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/19/2016

We had our Wedding here 6-5-16, and it was amazing!!! The whole team was outstanding - Craig Alexander, who we worked with from the beginning always felt like family and any questions we would have he would always address. Jayme who detailed the wedding was excellent and again... Read More any questions we had she always addressed. The day of wedding we worked with Carlos who was the captain, Lori who was the maitre d’, and Ashley who was the bridal attendant. They were great and kept the day running smoothly. There was never an empty glass, all 3 came over to us if we needed anything, and the guests were really happy. The day we got married it did rain, however, all of the aqaurium is beautiful, and again, the set up was perfect and on point and it turned out to be better than our original set up had it not rained. I also just wanted to give a special shout out to my bridal attendant Ashley - prior to the ceremony, we took pictures outside where it was very humid, my hair was a mess, she came to the rescue prior to the ceremony, she re-curled my hair, and was able to get the veil on! She also saved us some food and took everything from the bridal sweet to the hotel for us. Ashley went above and beyond for us that day and we will always be greatful for that. All in all if you want something different, yet still the "long island" type wedding, this is the way to go!

Reviewed on 8/31/2017 Julie G

I had my wedding here on 8/19, and it was absolutely perfect! My husband and I always knew we wanted our wedding to be something different, and this fantastic venue went above and beyond our expectations. From day 1, Craig Alexander was outstanding. He was always quick to answer... Read More an email and willing to show us around on more than one occasion, as my husband's family is from upstate and they were not able to attend our first walk-through. My bridal attendant, Ashley, was amazing. She always knew what I needed 5 minutes before I needed it! My maitre d', Lori, was on top of everything, and kept the whole event moving smoothly. She was wonderful to work with! And last, but not least, my captain, Carlos, was fun and energetic. He even helped my husband and I find a second to eat, which was perfect, because we would have forgotten otherwise! I cannot say enough positive things about this place. I just want to relive my wedding over and over again! I HIGHLY recommend this venue to anyone who wants to try something a little different for their event! We love you guys, Atlantis Banquets & Events!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 Andrew S

The venue for a wedding at the Long Island Aquarium was magnificent !! The staff was attentive and did an adequate job. Now onto the food. - the cocktail hour was sub standard. The table that offered the kebobs such as, chicken, shrimp, beef, and scallops was unimpressive... Read More picture this, little meat on kebabs with no vegetables all on a little hot plate. Every one i ate was either warm or cold with absolutely no taste!! Normally i would be going back for seconds and thirds. Instead I was praying I wouldn't throw up! The cold area was adequate. The bartending was excellent! The dinner salads was so small that I finished eating my salad in 2 bites. - main course buffet- the white rice that they served was not cooked. Yes not cooked!! Can you believe this? All the gust complained!! Maybe they thought we were going to throwing it at the Bride and Groom? Chicken was cold no taste and flat like a pancake Salmon- had taste but was very small, warm and overlooked. The short ribs was the only serving that had some taste to it. It was on par with an order at the Olive Garden. The best part of the meal was the ice cream bar. More Guests enjoyed that then the entrees! My advice would be to use this venue for a wedding but make sure you get a professional to cater it.

2017-08-30T10:55:01 Response from the vendor

We are disappointed to hear that your dining experience was anything less than spectacular. We pride ourselves on serving the highest quality food and having the best service in the industry. We are unsure what wedding this pertains to, as the date you listed takes... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 April K

We had our wedding here on July 21, 2017 and it was amazing! Our ceremony was under the pavilion and we lucked out on the weather. Our bridal attendent made sure we ate and always had a drink in our hands. The recommended dj/mc from Absolute kept everyone dancing. The flowers &... Read More centerpieces from Main street florist were beautiful. Our guests loved walking around inside & out around the venue. We had such a wonderful night.

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Lauren P

We got married in the Sea Star Ballroom and let me just say it is BEAUTIFUL in there!!!! The staff was phenomenal and very attentive! Super organized and I didn't stress one bit!! They took care of the first look with hotel as well and made it extremely special!! Everything was... Read More perfect and I couldn't have asked for a better day! This place is NOT to be missed! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND having your wedding here!

Reviewed on 3/10/2017 Anne Marie R

Atlantis was the perfect choice for my ceremony and reception. The staff was absolutely amazing and the venue was gorgeous. I had a December wedding and the holiday decorations were minimal and classy, just as I hoped. The staff waited on me and my husband all day, we always had... Read More a drink in our hands, and they made us our dinner plates and even packed up leftovers for us! Our maitre'd Lori had everything running smoothly from the order of my ceremony, to lining the bridal party up to be announced, to getting the right people for photos. My bridal attendant Ashley was perfect, she was never in my way but somehow popped up everytime I needed her. She helped me with my bustle, refilled my drinks, gave me water, everything. This was the best experience and I would reccommend anyone to get married here. Ashley even helped me and my husband to our hotel room with our gifts, envelopes, and leftovers. The staff were flawless. The planning process was also a piece of cake, Caryn and Bryan always responded in a timely manner and honored all of my wishes.

Reviewed on 1/24/2017 Christina K

Although I have not had my wedding yet (scheduled for this September in the Sea Star Ballroom), I've had such a wonderful experience working with the staff at Atlantis thus far. I would like to personally point out that the Hotel Sales Coordinator, Suzanne Lincoln, has gone... Read More above and beyond to accommodate my wedding hotel block at the Hyatt Place East End right next door. Even after my hundreds of emails, she was so professional & helpful! We are so happy and can't wait for the wedding in September!

Reviewed on 1/04/2017 Andrea M

On the day of our wedding, everything went perfectly. The staff was incredible and everyone was extremely helpful and courteous. Craig was a wonderful salesman - he's really the reason as to why we chose this venue. However, prior to the wedding, we did have some issues in... Read More preparing for the wedding. Certain information should have been provided to us early (such as the fact that food favors are not allowed) and the venue is not cheap - unlike other venues that will charge you 1/3 for a child, this venue charges you 50% (for example). Also, unlike many venues, if you have folks who can't make the reception, they make you pay full price 8 days prior (many venues make you pay that day). They won't be giving you your money back, even if you've met their minimum. The "extra" amenities you may want are charged - good example of nickel and diming you. Be sure to really ask questions, and really read over your contract. But can't complain about the overall result - the food was incredible and the venue is very unique.

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Ida H

I wish you could give zero. I recently attended a family wedding at this event. The staff is horrible. A staff member (a British woman, in case management is reading this) was appallingly rude to my niece and her cousin who are 12 and 11 years old respectively. She yelled... Read More at them in a very loud voice and told them both "get back in that room and behave yourself or I will throw you out." She scared both of them. My niece is the god daughter of the groom and her cousin is the son of the groom and the best man. They were both very upset by her behavior. Also the food was a awful. And as I went to leave 15 minutes before the event ended the valet and the coat check were nowhere to be found.

2016-12-14T11:29:29 Response from the vendor

I’m sorry to see you did not have the experience you expected at your family member’s wedding. We strive to make each couple’s special day, the one they’ve always dreamed of. In speaking with our staff, the person who reprimanded these tween girls did so... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Wendi S

If you are looking for something unique - definitely check out this venue. The prices are fair and the venue has many convenient perks. Ask for Pattie, she is pleasant, fair and patient. She will go above and beyond.

Reviewed on 7/31/2016 Brittany S

My husband and I got married on April 23 and we had our reception in the aquarium at Atlantis. We met because we both studied marine science in college, so we knew from the very beginning of the planning process that we wanted to incorporate an aquarium or beach into our special... Read More day. We decided on Atlantis for our reception site. Since our very first meeting with a sales rep (Patty) to our last dance under the big shark, we couldn't have been happier with the care and attention paid to the most important day of our life by Atlantis. Our guests were struck not only by the beautiful space and being surrounded by marine life, but by the quality of the food and professionalism of the staff. Planning the day was also relatively stress-free (as much as planning a wedding could be, I guess). Our questions were always answered in a timely manner (thanks especially to Jayme) and all of our requests were accommodated. My husband and I are vegan so they worked with us to plan a unique menu that included more veggie-friendly dishes. These people run a tight ship and really seem to know what they are doing when it comes to planning events. I couldn't imagine a better outcome for our wedding. If you decide to go with Atlantis, you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 clark n

My Daughter is scheduled to have her wedding on 7/1/16 at the Atlantis Aquarium they have been very difficult to work with, very unaccommodating. We had a head count minimum of 120 people our final count was 91 we are 29 people short, we still paid for 120 people, the staff was... Read More un-willing to work with us to put the $3000 dollars that was left, towards something else. I have nothing nice to say about the staff that worked with us to plan my daughter’s special day.

2016-06-29T15:27:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. The contract your daughter signed promised a minimum guest count of 120 people. As with every other catering facility, we do not refund for no shows. We have offered your daughter a Viennese dessert display, which... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/10/2016 Amy D

You will not find a more professional group of people to help plan and execute your wedding. Although we initially planned on getting married outside, due to the weather, we were forced to change our plans. They didn't hesitate in quickly setting up the ceremony inside and... Read More moving everything around. Everything was planned so perfectly. Everyone has been gushing at how wonderful the venue was. The food was INCREDIBLE, especially the grilled cheese and tomato soup bar. We have received so many compliments on our wedding. From initially planning with Craig, to finalizing our event with Jayme, it was an easy process. Lori, our maitre'd, was out of this world. If you are lucky enough to have her oversee your event, you are in good hands.

Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 8/16/2015 Samantha L

Atlantis was the perfect location for us to get married because we both adore aquariums. Our ceremony was in the lobby of the Sea Star Ballroom and it was set up to perfection. All the details we wanted were there and more. The processional was down the grand staircase and it... Read More really was a grand entrance. Our cocktail hour was in the Terrance Room and it was stunning. There was so much food and it was all delicious! Our guests could not stop talking about the food even months after we got married. Our reception was in the ballroom and it was magical. Lori made sure everything went according to plan and she was so well organized. She knows exactly what she is doing and if anything went wrong, I never had a clue! Everything was beyond perfect. I used to work in catering so I know how hard it can be to make sure everything runs smoothly and the staff at our wedding was the best of the best. I'm vegan and our chef, Sean, was super accommodating and everything I ate was delicious. I never wanted for anything and my husband and our bridal party were well taken care of. Adrianne was my bridal attendant and she was always getting me whatever I needed. Even when I did not know I needed it. I always had a fresh drink and food within reach. Craig and Jayme organized our wedding and they were always available for questions. My guests were even allowed in the aquarium during and after the wedding to check out all the sea life. My only complaint is the day went by way too fast. I wish we could get married here again.

Our wedding 7/31/2015

Reviewed on 8/14/2015 Adrienne E

This was our dream venue. We had our reception outside under the pavilion, cocktail hour in the aquarium and the reception in the sea star ballroom. I met with an event coordinator several times before the wedding. I reviewed every detail and outlined the entire wedding day... Read More with this individual. The day of the wedding this person was not present. Every single item I had brought in for the wedding decor had been reviewed with that person and since they did not actually work my event all items were placed incorrectly. The reception room was set up with the wrong gift box and all the items that I had gone over and outlined were thrown randomly anywhere some decorations were even missing and not displayed at all. The staff the day of consisted of a maître d, captain and bridal attendant all of which were a complete disappointment. The maître d and bridal attendent were extremely rude to our photographer and DJ. Additionally our bridal attendent was missing in action for the entirety of the day. When my husband and I arrived at cocktail hour we were forced to wait in lines for drinks and food. Not to mention I had to walk around carrying my dress with a detachable train waiting over 20 mins for someone to radio the bridal attendent to help me get my dress bustled. The staff most certainly did not make us feel like the guests of honor. This is a stunning venue however the service we received on our special day was very poor.

Fantastic!

Reviewed on 7/28/2015 Jessica G

I cannot say enough good things about this venue and the people who work there. I had an amazing time, as did everyone else. The food was spectacular and the ceremony and reception areas were gorgeous. I would recommend this venue to anyone looking for something slightly... Read More unique and fun.

You have to try this place!

Reviewed on 4/23/2015

An amazing team of people who genuinely care about your big day. They truly made me feel special and provided on hands support during the crazy times and the days I couldn't tell my left from my right. They were patient and understanding.They provided vendor packages that... Read More were inclusive of great dj's, florists, photographers, bakers. My event detailer Jayme was the best. The food was great , it did not taste like the typical "banquet food". It was well prepared and delicious. I have received so many compliments about the wedding but I cannot take all the credit. I have to hand some to team at Atlantis who treated my guests well. I highly recommend this place and it is more affordable than you think.

Beautiful wedding!

Reviewed on 1/01/2015 Nichole C

Our wedding was absolutely amazing from the very beginning of planning until the end of our wedding night! The entire staff was extremely helpful and made sure all of our needs were met. The aquarium itself looked beautiful, all of our guests continue to rave about it and the... Read More food was delicious! We highly recommend it to anyone who wants a unique and very special day!

Atlantis Hyatt seastar ballroom

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

I had a pleasurable experience throughout my wedding. My only complaints would be missing out cocktail hour and having no food set aside for us to eat quickly before introductions. I also had missing pieces off my cake that they forgot to put on and when I told them at the... Read More beginning about it nothing got done until right before the cake cutting. Other than that our maître d always made sure we had drinks in hand and made sure we were able to sit and eat our dinner.

An Amazing Place!

Reviewed on 10/03/2014

I can not say enough how happy I am with the experience we had with Atlantis Banquets and events. We had an afternoon wedding in the Seastar Ballroom. The planning was so easy. Our questions were always answered quickly and they stayed very consistent. Then, on the day of... Read More the wedding, I had zero concerns! I had a great bridal attendant who was so nice and took care of EVERYTHING (along with the rest of the staff). The room was set up beautiful, they set up everything as I had asked and more! Then they made sure everything ran so smoothly! I never had to worry! The staff was extremely kind and helpful to all the guests. And the food was amazing! I had guests tell me it was the best food they ever had at a wedding! And we were so full! As the bride, I could not have asked for anything more. The venue was beautiful, the staff was more than accommodating and kind, the food was incredible and everyone really enjoyed themselves. I would recommend having a wedding at the Seastar ballroom at Atlantis Banquets and events to anyone who would listen!

2015-08-19T10:29:10 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for sharing your comments with us, we take pride in always putting our best foot forward to make our clients have the best experience possible. I have shared this with our staff who appreciate when our clients recognize their hard work... Read Less Read More

Atlantis aquarium/ hyatt

Reviewed on 10/03/2014 Lori P

We had a wonderful wedding, my family and friends absolutely loved it and had a great time. The only three things that were not perfect was we were unable to bring our own beer in or it was a ridiculous amount of money to do so, we were unsure how to start the event ( took a bit... Read More for someone to direct us where to go) however was incredibly wonderful after that. Adrienne was fantastic and was so helpful ( our bridal attendant) and one of the tables escort cards were not put out right away. These were very small things that occurred and besides that the event was amazing, and unique in which all of the guests will talk about for awhile. I can't imagine getting married anywhere else!!!! Thank you Adrienne, Lori, Craig and Jayme. Also to the mysterious captain in the back lol.

Atlantis Wedding

Reviewed on 8/04/2014 Danielle D

We loved our aquarium wedding, it was amazing. Everyone was thrilled and suprised how wonderful it was. It was truly a night to remember. The staff was very attentive, helpful very nice.

Wedding

Reviewed on 7/27/2014 Michelle A

My husband and I loved this venue! The staff there is amazing and they were always there when we needed them. Very friendly and reasonably priced for the amount that you are getting. I wouldn't have changed anything about my wedding. The food is amazing as well. They really... Read More treated us like we were royalty!

Meet The Manager

Michelle Debay

Michelle Debay,Catering Sales Manager, works meticulously with clients from helping them create the vision of their event, to producing it on their special day. Michelle’s two decades of experience in operations, combined with her education in logistics from Elmhurst College, enables her to orchestrate the details of events effortlessly. Michelle is dedicated to giving her events her utmost devotion by combining her creativity, superior eye, and knack for trendsetting to surpass the client’s wants.