Auburn Valley Golf Club

Auburn, CA

Book Your Wedding with Auburn Valley Golf Club

A BACKYARD IN AUBURN, CA

Auburn Valley Golf Club is an elegant ceremony and reception site located in beautiful Auburn, California, and is within driving distance from a number of major cities, including Sacramento and Tahoe. Auburn Valley Golf Club is a full-service wedding venue that can accommodate up to 200 guests, depending on the desired ceremony and reception site. The dedicated wedding staff works with couples on every aspect of their wedding day; from the decor to the menu, to set up and take down. Couples also have access to an event coordinator, as well as a bridal changing room and groom changing room the day of the event.

Scenic Ceremony Clearing is a secluded area set apart from the golf course that serves as a beautiful backdrop for a ceremony. Couples can take advantage of the breathtaking views of rolling hills, and a wedding arch or gazebo frames the nuptials for fantastic photo opportunities. Landscaping and paved pathways make it easy for guests to access the ceremony location.

Twilight Terrace is an outdoor ceremony and reception site that can host up to 200 guests. Adorned with globe lights, the Twilight Terrace creates a romantic atmosphere for couples on their wedding day. The Twilight Terrace sits next to the bar and grill so couples can enjoy all of the amenities of an indoor space while outdoors.

Banquet Room and Patio. The Banquet Room and Patio sits at the southwest corner of the property and its large, floor-to-ceiling windows offer panoramic views of the verdant grounds and surrounding area. The traditional-style Banquet Room can accommodate between 150 and 180 seated guests, and the adjacent Patio offers a secondary space for guests to mingle.

Auburn Valley Golf Club offers buffet and plated dinner packages for guests, with options including cocktail hours, hors d'oeuvres, salads, entrees, champagne toasts and non-alcoholic drinks. Outside catering is not allowed at the venue, and all food and drinks, including alcohol, will be served by the venue's staff. Outside wedding cakes, wine and champagne are allowed with prior approval and an additional corkage fee. Final catering selections must be made four weeks before the event.

Auburn Valley Golf Club offers several available amenities and services for guests, including:

• Cake-cutting services
  • Cake table
  • Gift table
  • Tables and chairs
  • Chair covers with sash
  • Linens, tablecloths and napkins in assorted colors
  • Table runners
  • Guest book table
  • China, stemware and flatware
  • Large selection of centerpiece and decor items
  • Set up and breakdown of the ceremony site and reception area

Weddings and receptions are to begin no earlier than 5 p.m., except during the off-season months if special arrangements are made. Events are allotted five hours, but additional hours can be purchased for an extra fee. Music must be turned off by 10 p.m.

Outside decorations and floral arrangements are allowed, as long as they adhere to the venue's guidelines. Rice, confetti, glitter and sparklers are not allowed on the premises, and candles must be placed inside votive holders or hurricane lamps. All flower petals used indoors must be fake, while all flower petals used outside must be real.

Auburn Valley Golf Club is a popular wedding venue, so couples should book their date as soon as possible. The company's website offers a specials page with upcoming deals and current specials.

Auburn Valley Golf Club offers a golf cart shuttle for guests to and from the ceremony site, as well as several other perks, including:

• Optional wedding arch or gazebo
  • White wedding chairs
  • Water station
  • Rehearsal before the wedding
  • Food tasting for the bride, groom and up to four guests
  • Personal slideshow during the reception
  • Personalized private Pinterest page

Auburn Valley Golf Club

Our Club has been making wedding day dreams come true for over 35 years! We offer secluded & breathtaking panoramic views of the Sierra Nevada foothills with indoor & outdoor reception areas seating up to 200 guests. Our professional, dedicated wedding staff will ensure that all aspects of your wedding day are elegant, effortless, & memorable. From the lush Oak trees to the stunning view, a wedding at Auburn Valley Golf Club will be simply stunning and you'll have the pictures to prove it!

Backyard, Country Club, Garden

8800 Auburn Valley Road, Auburn, CA (530) 269-2775
PINTEREST

The Best Venue for Your Dream Wedding!

Reviewed on 8/06/2014

My husband and I were married at Auburn Valley Golf Course on June 22, 2014. This was the second time for both of us, so we were paying for everything. We had looked at so many places and were getting discouraged because they were either too expensive or didn't have the "Wow"... Read More factor we were looking for. The minute Tracey walked us around the wedding site at ABGC, we fell in love with this place! Not only was it affordable and beautiful (with rolling green hills in the backdrop at the wedding site, providing the "Wow" we were looking for), but everything turned out perfect on our big day! Tracey was extremely helpful in helping us select the perfect combination of entrees and sides for our wonderful dinner. Also on our wedding day, Paula was amazing. During the rehearsal, she told me that she would be with me the entire day of our wedding and would take care of everything. And she was all that and more! She made sure that everything was PERFECT for our wedding and I didn't have to worry about anything! I can't say enough about the wonderful service, food, staff and the little "extras" they did for us. Paula even added extra decorations to the "Just Married" golf cart the day before our wedding, because she knew I would love the extra details to make it special. She was right! The pictures taken by our photographer turned out incredible because of these little extras and because the grounds and reception area were amazing and we have the photos to prove it! I can't say enough wonderful things about this venue! All I can say is you won't be disappointed and they will give you the perfect day that every couple deserves on their wedding day!

Absolutely wonderful wedding!!

Reviewed on 6/12/2014 Amy A

As a bride, you're looking for the perfect place, right? You want to connect with everything around you, the people, the view (if there is one), the food, the location. I couldn't of stumbled upon a more perfect place for my new husband and I. We felt at home here, we were... Read More guided with friendliness and never had a worry (except for family, no one can fix that!). Anyhow, our wedding was beautiful and was more than what we expected. The food was great, the view was amazing, the people were extremely friendly and helpful. Plus the bonus was the price was extremely reasonable, just what we were looking for!! May 9, 2014 Richard and Amy Sanchez Thank you everyone at Auburn Valley. Tracey, Kimmi & Paula...couldn't of done it without you!! Hugs, Richard and Amy

Elated Bride

Reviewed on 10/02/2013 Stacy W

I will be getting married at auburn valley in November 2013. The service has been fantastic. Tracey has answered every one of my questions very promptly. The venue is absolutely stunning. They offer so much with site fee and it is very reasonably priced. I did my food tasting... Read More and the food was amazing. I know my wedding day will be perfect.

Reviewed on 6/02/2017 Chani L

We were married here on May 20, 2017. We picked this venue because we wanted an outdoor ceremony and reception, and we are so glad that we did. Our guests commented on how beautiful the ceremony site was and how much they enjoyed the scenery. The venue has a shed full of... Read More supplies that they allow you to use to help brainstorm ideas or to help decorate your ceremony/reception site. We were able to bring all of our decorations up on Friday to store in the shed for Saturday's wedding. We held our rehearsal on Friday morning and were able to run through it twice before they needed to maintain the area. We were able to start setting up for the wedding at 10:00 am on Saturday morning. (Tip: Make sure to lock the door to the bridal suite so you don't have golfers walking in-and-out throughout the day to use the restroom.) Arianna, Kimmie, and Jason were very helpful. Kimmie and Jason had to do a bit more for our wedding as Arianna was on maternity leave, but they did a great job. They were very accommodating and did the best that they could to make sure that our wedding day went as planned. There were some minor glitches (short-staffed, food a little late, wrong color napkins, no USB pictures behind the bar during the reception, and guests thinking the bar closed early), but everything else was perfect. Besides guests thinking that the bar had closed early, the rest was minor stuff that I noticed (and it was very minor). Our guests really enjoyed the ambiance of the venue, and the venue made for some great pictures. We were able to set up lawn games on the putting green area and set up a Photo Booth behind the reception eating area. I would recommend visiting the reception site at the time of day and in the same season if you plan to use the outside patio as our head table was directly facing the sun for about an hour, but it was not anything that could not be managed. The food was delicious and all of our guests loved it. We absolutely recommend this venue!!

Terrible Coordinator!

Reviewed on 4/14/2015

We tried looking at Auburn Valley Golf Club to have our wedding. Unfortunately, the experience was so TERRIBLE that even though the location was absolutely perfect, we booked our wedding elsewhere. The coordinator was so terribly rude when we were emailing back and forth. She... Read More didn't want to give us any information despite the fact that we were trying to plan from out of town. FINALLY, after pulling in the info that I needed, we decided to book a tour. The coordinator was not informative and offered up very little information. She expected us to be okay with the fact that random people would be allowed to access the bar in the middle of our reception! My biggest issue was when we asked for an estimate. She had emailed me a price for the rental fee and then told us something different the day of our tour. She did the right thing and said that if she did quote us the lesser amount she would honor it. When she went to her office to draw up the quote, she told us that she checked her email to us and that it said the price that she had quoted us. After leaving the venue, I pulled up the original email and was very disappointed that I had been correct and she lied to us face to face! Beautiful venue. But terrible coordinator. If you have the ability to stay on top of her the entire time, it would be worth it.

2015-11-05T20:01:48 Response from the vendor

Hello, Thank you so much for the feedback and for taking the time to write a review! We are very sorry to hear that your experience was not up to our standard. We have recently had some staff changes here at Auburn Valley Golf Club... Read Less Read More

Beautiful Day

Reviewed on 11/05/2013 Briana P

The venue was beautiful and reasonably priced. The recommended venders were great. The only problem was that we had a $1000 wine and beer only bar contract and the bartenders didn't follow this and put all shots and mixed drinks on the tab which ended up doubling it. Everything... Read More else turned out amazing.

Highly Recommended!!!

Reviewed on 8/02/2013 Lindsey B

My husband and I were married at Auburn Valley Golf Club on June 30th, 2013. This weekend happened to be a weekend of an extreme heat wave of over 100 degree weather. AVGC made the entire event flow very smoothly and made sure that everyone was comfortable. They offered cool... Read More cloths, bottled water, etc. The room where my bridesmaids and I got ready was very spacious. Mostly all of the staff members were very generous and helpful throughout the entire day. The food was also VERY good. They had awesome golf cart shuttle services for the guests to and from the ceremony site. The landscaping all over the golf course was immaculate. AVGC truly made this day special. I ended up having the dream wedding that I could never have imagined.

Wouldn't have it any other way

Reviewed on 8/02/2013 Kari E

When the wedding planning began and I first imagined where I would be walking down the aisle, a country club/golf course was no where in my picture, but my mother insisted I just check it out to get some information. After speaking with Tracey and getting a tour of the place, I... Read More realized you don't feel like your at a gold course at all. The venue was gorgeous and so reasonably priced. The fact that they have their very own outdoor ceremony site especially for weddings was what did it for me. It was beautiful, green, and after seeing it I couldn't get that picture out of my head.. That is where I wanted to walk down the aisle. The staff did an amazing job from coordinating, to the food, to helping us pack up and leave. I was impressed. I would definitely recommend them for anyone unsure of where to get married. They took the pressure off and were very helpful in making my big day the most stress-free day it could be. FIVE STARS!!

mother of the bride

Reviewed on 7/31/2013 Melissa C

The Auburn Valley Golf Club is a lovely site for an outdoor wedding! In addition, we were extremely pleased with the staff at the club who are very friendly and "went the extra mile" to support and assist our family in every respect before and during the event. The menu was... Read More varied and the food was prepared and presented in a pleasing manner. The staff is organized and communicated clearly and in a timely manner during the planning period and on the day of the event. We are grateful for all of the kind and helpful people at the Auburn Valley Golf Club that helped make our daughter's wedding day very beautiful and joyful. Thank you all!

The perfect wedding!

Reviewed on 7/30/2013 Katherine I

It is not easy finding the perfect place for your daughter to get married. However, Auburn Valley Golf Club is about as perfect as they get. The location is beautiful and everything you would want for such an occasion. The service, quality and value is above 5 stars. My... Read More daughter and her new husband are still smiling as my husband and I are. Our wedding guest, family and friends proclaim it to be the best wedding they ever attended. Thank you for making this as wonderful as it was. Katherine Ishee

Perfect place to get married!! From a very happy bride and groom!

Reviewed on 7/16/2013 Katie V

My Mom's review is just below this one so you will hear me echoing some of the very same things! From the start I was so impressed by this venue. We lost our original venue exactly 4 months before our wedding, not a good feeling for a bride who is getting married on a... Read More Saturday in June!! I had originally ignored the advertisements for Auburn Valley when we were looking for our venue at the start of my engagement. This was because I was not looking for a "country club" wedding, on a golf green with golfers, etc. That is just not my personality. I was looking for something more naturally scenic and nothing that looked fake! However, I am SO GLAD that we went and looked at Auburn Valley after we lost our venue and they had our date still! It is absolutely beautiful, picturesque. The wedding site is a separate area up on a hill, solely devoted to weddings. They are constantly doing updates. There are beautiful natural looking rock walls, wonderful landscaping with flowers and trees, as well as a white trellis. It is surrounded by oak trees. It looks over rolling hills. I chose to have my reception inside. The reception room absolutely takes advantage of the beautiful view of the valley. After dinner my guests were able to watch the sunset through the almost panoramic windows. Not only was I impressed by the beauty of the venue, but also by how accommodating Tracy and all of the staff were. They were willing to work with us on so many things, including offering a variation of a main dish, dietary needs of our guests, allowing us to bring a piano out on the lawn, and so many more things. I thought all of their prices were extremely fair. Their contract is very clear, no hidden costs that we discovered. Actually, most things they include at no extra cost - an arch at the wedding site, lights hung inside the reception area as well as on the patio, the room to get ready in and allowed us to be there very early the day of the wedding, colored linens, and various centerpiece items that we could borrow to use to save money. Tracy was extremely helpful and responsive to all of our questions leading up to the wedding and Paula was a huge help the day of. Paula really helped take all of the stress off of me as the bride. The guests were very happy with the appetizers and food, everything was very tasty. Much better than the average wedding food. I particularly like both of the salads that we had as well as the tri-tip. All of our guests raved about how beautiful our venue was and how much they enjoyed dinner. Auburn Valley did some much to take the stress of the day off of me as well as my parents. They set up the tables, linens, and glasses so that all we had to do was the centerpieces. They cleaned up the tables and put our centerpieces back in the boxes and allowed my mom to pick them up the next day! Your wedding is the only event they have that day so you really get the place to your self once they golfers are done. By the time of our wedding there were very few people left there other than our guests. My wedding was more than I could have asked for! We were truly satisfied and happy with our experience at Auburn Valley and would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone. I would HIGHLY suggest going to look at the venue to see for yourself! ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!

They helped my daughter and son-in-law have the perfect wedding!!

Reviewed on 7/13/2013 Mary Ann V

After the first wedding venue that we booked cancelled on us with only 4 months to go before the wedding, I was very anxious about finding another site. When we found out that Auburn Valley Golf Club still had my daughter's date open we snapped at the chance. Little did we... Read More know that we weren't getting second best - we were getting the BEST! From the first meeting with Tracey and the tour of the facility we were overwhelmed with all they offered - and how gracious they were. Of course they have to make money, but money is not what they think of first. Their fees are very reasonable. But more importantly, their first objective is to give you the best wedding experience that they can offer. When Auburn Valley quotes a price there is no fine print that this thing will cost more or that thing will be additional. All the extras are included at no additional charge! No extra charge for the wedding trellis. No extra charge for the beautiful lights in the reception area. No extra charge for colored linens. No extra charges. No extra charges. That being said, the wedding site is BEAUTIFUL! Rolling hills, beautiful trees, lovely flowers! The landscaping is perfect and well taken care of and constantly being upgraded. Picture perfect. They offer golf carts to get guests from the parking lot to the wedding site so that you and your guests can easily enjoy this site. My daughter chose to have her reception inside. Tracey offered the use of their centerpieces if we were interested, in an effort to help us keep the costs down. We chose to do our own centerpieces but appreciated the offer. We were given all sorts of choices on table linens and room arrangement - and the actual reception was perfect! The food for the appetizers and dinner was great and everyone enjoyed it. The chefs were nice enough to help us accommodate several guests with special dietary needs and answered questions about the ingredients before the wedding so that we could inform other guests to suit their diet necessities. Through all the planning Tracey was available and responsive. A pleasure to work with! The day of the wedding, Paula was on the job making sure that everything that we needed was taken care of! All the other employees were professional and accommodating! WOW! Of course, we couldn't have the simple wedding! We chose to have a grand piano brought in for the ceremony. Definitely not a normal request. The Auburn Valley staff did everything necessary to help us get that taken care of. At the end of the evening, when the bride and groom are gone and the guests are leaving, and the parents of the bride just want to go to bed, Paula made our day by telling us that all our decorations and other "stuff" would be collected for us and we could pick it up the next day!! WOW! Just what we needed to hear. From the beginning, my daughter had told me that she didn't want a "country club" wedding. She didn't want to get married on a golf green. She didn't want to have golfers all around. We have lived in Auburn for over 30 years and had never been out to Auburn Valley. We didn't know what it was like. That's why we didn't check Auburn Valley out at first. Well, this site wasn't a "country club" wedding - it was like having your wedding at a beautiful, private location that just happens to have a golf course (and the golfers were all gone by the time we had the wedding). JUST PERFECT!!

Gorgeous venue, flexible options

Reviewed on 7/01/2013 Erika P

When my husband and I were choosing our venue, we researched several different locations. When we visited Auburn Valley, we knew we had found the perfect spot for our special day. Not only is the venue gorgeous and customizable to your style with decor and vendors you choose,... Read More but the staff is accommodating and presented several flexible package options to fit within our budget. And did I mention the backdrop for photos? It's hard to beat! Our wedding day at Auburn Valley was unforgettable.

The most perfect place to have your wedding and reception! Gorgeous!

Reviewed on 6/23/2013 Korina G

May 26, 2013 was our wedding day at Auburn Valley Golf Club. It was absolutely "perfect", from start to finish! Originally, we looked at this location after seeing some amazing pictures online. We had visited many other venues, but Auburn Valley Golf took our breath away! The... Read More scenery is stunning and unlike other golf courses, it is the only one that has a private outdoor ceremony site away from the golf course. Overlooking majestic rolling hills and surrounded by large oak trees...it couldn't be more beautiful! The staff was so wonderful and treated us like family. Tracey helped give us a tour and answered all our long list of questions with no hesitation. She gave us some great ideas for our wedding and looked for things that could save money. Her thoroughness and sweet demeanor helped reassure us that we had found the right place. There were so many options and no restrictions...the day was "our" special day and she made sure it was all about "us". Once we started really getting our ideas together, we met with the on-site wedding planner, Kimmie. She was absolutely amazing! She has been doing weddings at Auburn Valley Golf for 17 years and boy is she great! Her attention to detail was exceptional and she never hesitated to give suggestions when we were unsure of something. Always organized, helpful, engaged and professional. She knew we had high expectations along with a specific vision of how the day should go and she didn't disappoint! The wedding was flawless and even more incredible then we'd hoped. Kimmie was our wedding angel and we recommend her highly! There are so many reasons why Auburn Valley Golf is the ideal venue/reception location- gorgeous view, caring staff, awesome food, flexible to your needs, price is great, fantastic pictures and professional/experienced! If you haven't gone there yet, check it out...you will fall in love! After seeing how wonderful our wedding turned out, my cousin has decided to get married there next year too. Thank you Kimmie, Tracey, Paula and Auburn Valley Golf for creating a "wow'd" experience and making our dream come true! It was a day we will cherish forever! Sincerely, Korina and Brandon McKillips

Beautiful