Aunt B's Cakes

Traverse City and the surrounding area

Cake Stands, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

20931 Maple St, Lake Ann, MI Traverse City and the surrounding area (231) 642-1205

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Paulina S

We got married at the Homestead this past August and Ann made our cake - it was perfect and super yummy! We are from Chicago and chose to get married in Northern Michigan, so we worked with Ann mainly via email. I sent her pictures of what I wanted and she made the exact cake... Read More that I sent her :) Ann is a preferred vendor at the Homestead and we actually got to sample her cakes when we were up at our venue for our tastings. We were originally planning on booking a different baker, but after trying Ann's cakes and realizing how much closer she was to our venue, we changed our minds and went with Ann which proved to be a great decision. Our cake was beautiful, and it had two flavors - banana cake with cream cheese frosting and then poppy seed cake with fruit filling. It was delicious!

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Katie B

We could not have been more pleased with our wedding cake from Aunt B's Cake & Desserts. We decided to opt for a smaller wedding cake and sheet cakes to serve. Our wedding cake looked exactly how I had hoped. The sheet cakes have two layers and look just like slices from a large... Read More wedding cake. The cake is absolutely delicious! We had three different flavors for our guests to choose. The chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting was so amazing that it was gone before several guests even knew it was an option.

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Jessica E

Aunt B, you are my savior! I had a very unfortunate interaction with another vendor in Traverse City (Top Tier Cakery) which caused me to have to pull out of my reserved cake. However, Aunt B was able to squeeze my cake in just a month before the big day in the busy summer... Read More wedding season with an affordable price and a beautiful design. I cannot thank you enough!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Amber K

Loved loved loved our cake! It was exactly what we wanted! The flavor was amazing! Ann was great to work with!

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Kristin C

Anne was awesome to work with, we met with her one time, and from there she took it and ran. The cake was everything we wished for, and the flavors were amazing! We had to pick multiple flavors for the cake, we couldn't stick with just one.

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Katrina S

Ann helped us out with a cut cake last minute and it turned out amazing. The lemon lavender cake with a raspberry cream filling was so delicious. All of the guest who tried it raved as well. Not only did she help us out with a last minute cake but she also changed delivery... Read More times to accommodate a change in ceremony location and time due to rain. I would highly recommend Ann for your cake needs.

Delicious and tasty way to make your wedding day better!

Reviewed on 12/12/2015 Natalie S

Anne at Aunt B's was spectacular to work with! She was very easy to reach and communicate with, especially because we were planning our wedding from 4 hours away! Anne created the most amazing pies for us and our guests! We were also able to meet up with her during the planning... Read More in order to taste everything and get a better idea of her work ethic and professionalism. Anne was so great and trust us, she can bake! We picked several different types of pies to provide our guests with at our wedding instead of having cake. Everyone was able to give us positive feedback about our delicious decision! We would highly recommend Aunt B's Cakes!

Beautiful and Delicious!

Reviewed on 9/14/2014 Erin Q

Our cake was elegant and tasty! Ann met with us for our tasting and listened to our vision and gave us options to choose from in her portfolio of cakes. She made this overwhelming choice easy and fun. We plan to to back to Traverse City on our one year anniversary and get... Read More a small cake to celebrate!

I wish her cakes were calorie free because I'd live off of them...

Reviewed on 8/21/2014

Ann Barraclough was an absolute delight to work with. She is extremely personable, has an extensive collection of cakes to show examples of, and really spends the time necessary to come up with the creation you're looking for with your wedding cake. The cake was delivered in... Read More perfect shape to our wedding, and was ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!!! It was a work of art :) She even got us rotating layers on the cake with different flavors and they were exceptional. She worked with our Florist as well to add in some surface decorations which made it look perfect. The day we had the wedding was EXTREMELY hot and even with that the cake withstood the heat and kept its shape till the very end. She was priced well within our budget so we didn't break the bank to hire her talent. She's a true professional and knows what she's doing! HIGHLY RECOMMEND HER!!

Fabulous!

Reviewed on 8/22/2013 Brandi H

We used Aunt B's for our wedding cake. She was awesome and so creative with the design! The cake was the best cake I had ever tasted at a wedding before!

The Cake was so good....

Reviewed on 8/06/2013 Christine G

I was refered to Aunt B's by my florist and she did an incredible job on my wedding cake! I sent her a picture of a cake that I saw online and fell in love with which looked like it had a lace pattern all around the cake. Not only was she able to recreate the design by she... Read More even bought a stencil to help match it perfectly. When I saw the finish product on my wedding day I didn't even want to cut into it because it was so beautiful. I actually waited longer than I planned and ended up cutting it after dinner ( we were originally going to cut it as soon as we walked in). It was the most delicious cake I have ever had and all my guests were raving about it for weeks! It was also very sweet that she made a top layer for my husband and I to take home at the end of the night without me even asking. The cake tasting was the best as she made mini cakes and let us bring the extra home to share with family and friends. My sister and I were eating them for breakfast that entire week because they tasted so good! lol By far the best perk of wedding planning =) Aunt's B's was a great vendor and the cake was so amazing I'm already trying to figure out how to get a replica layer to NYC for our anniversary next year!

Never had cake so delish!

Reviewed on 7/27/2013 Maia S

Her lavender lemon poppyseed cake and cupcakes were worth every penny spent! It's been a month and I'm still getting rave reviews. She was creative, quickly picked up on our theme and made it so fun! Did I mention how yummy the cake was? Looking forward to my anniversary just... Read More to taste it again!

Beautiful and delish!

Reviewed on 7/23/2013 Claire A

Cake was delishious! Beautifully constructed. I got so many comments on how good it was! Super easy to work with, fun and happy! Great tasting too. Yum! Definately must try the lemon poppyseed with lavender cake! Outstanding!

People are STILL talking about the cake!!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2012 Jennifer B

I have known Ann for years, so when it was time for me to get married I knew she would be the one doing my wedding cake! It was so hard to decide at the cake tasting which flavors to choose because they were all amazing! When Ann sent me the cake designs we were on the exact... Read More same page! The cake was beautiful and she brought a special table linen with her that added that extra touch! You won't find a tastier cake than hers...people are still raving about it! :)

Beautiful and delicious cakes

Reviewed on 10/11/2012 Katy B

The owner created a beautiful wedding cake, exactly as requested. She was easy to work with, and everything was straight-forward. We ended up with TONS of leftover cake and are definitely enjoying it. PS, my husband and I agree that her fondant is awesome. Give it a... Read More shot, even if you aren't typically a fan of fondant.

devine

Reviewed on 9/11/2012 Liz B

elegant and tasted great

Aug Wedding

Reviewed on 9/04/2012 Courtney S

I do not think you can find a wedding cake baker that is as affordable as Ann from Aunt B's. We just got two very small cakes from her and she made them exactly as we had envisioned. For the grooms cake we wanted a very specific (VERY detailed) Detroit Tigers design and it was... Read More absolutely beautiful! Ann is super easy to work with and her cakes are not only gorgeous but super tasty. Try the carrot cake! yummy!

AMAZING

Reviewed on 11/28/2011 Elizabeth B

Aunt B's cakes are amazing. The flavors are so distinct and my husband and I had the hardest time deciding! The sample cakes are large enough to share with family/friends to get their opinions. The price is reasonable & she is really great to work with!

The best I've ever had

Reviewed on 9/21/2011 Suzie T

Aunt B's makes the best cakes I have ever had. We had no cake left over at the end of the night because people wanted to take it home. She makes so many unique flavors and is a great artist. I highly recommend the key lime cake and the raspberry cake!!!!!