Austin Smith Events

Serving DFW, Oklahoma and surrounding areas.

Classical, Country, Dance, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Serving DFW, Oklahoma and surrounding areas. (405) 740-8750

Reviewed on 11/22/2017

So happy we chose Austin as our wedding DJ! He put our minds at ease during the planning process and did a wonderful job keeping everyone on track and happy during our celebration! Everything went flawless! Thank you so much!!

2017-11-25T10:39:27 Response from the vendor

Thanks Heather! Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving together! Can't wait to see the pictures!!

Reviewed on 11/22/2017

Reviewed on 11/22/2017 Lindsey S

We chose Austin to DJ our wedding and couldn't have been happier with how everything went. Months before the wedding he went with me to the venue to scope out the reception area and make a game plan for how he would set everything up. He was also very responsive to our emails... Read More and texts as the big day approached (something you really appreciate when you are coordinating so many things!). He played all of the songs on our particular play list for the cocktail hour and each specific song for our special events. During the dancing, he kept the energy up, with a good mix of songs and smooth transitions between them. He also provided some extra services that we ended up really enjoying, such as playing a PowerPoint slide on a TV during the reception and setting up really cool uplighting for mood. Overall, very personable and great to work with. We highly recommend him for your big day!

2017-11-22T10:17:58 Response from the vendor

Thanks Lindsey! Had a great time with you all!!

Reviewed on 11/21/2017 Linda W

We had the most amazing Wedding Day. Austin brought organization, direction and unbelievable Fun! His lighting, DJ set up and officiating was impeccable! We had lights up the trees, over the event and an intelligent lighting dance floor. I had so many compliments on the event:... Read More so fun.. DJ song selection and hosting was a blast, a wedding right out of the movies .. so beautiful. Austin came early to set up and provide insight and direction on flow and fun things to keep everyone engaged! We keep getting requests for a repeat every anniversary! Thank you Austin! An amazing Memory we will always treasure!

2017-11-22T10:19:19 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much Linda! Y'all's setup out there at the lake had to be one of my favorites of all time. That after party was pretty killer too ;) haha

Reviewed on 11/21/2017 Jessica C

Austin was great!! He was very professional and personable. Reception was organized well and went off without a hitch. Would definitely recommend!

2017-11-21T17:28:10 Response from the vendor

Thank you Jessica! Y'all's wedding was so beautiful and fun! Still some of my favorite photos with the uplights against the brick! Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!

Reviewed on 11/21/2017 drew c

Austin did a great job DJing our wedding. He was professional and responsive during the planning phase. The music was great and he was an entertaining host throughout the night. I would recommend him to anyone!

2017-11-22T10:22:49 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, really appreciate it!! Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Amanda G

A million times YES! Austin made our wedding what it was. I was very hesitant about hiring a DJ and I couldn't image not having him at our wedding. He made our wedding one for the record books, and I'm not just saying that because I was the bride. I've had multiple people tell... Read More me that. If you're searching for a DJ, I promise you will be SAD if you do not go with Austin.

2017-11-22T10:24:52 Response from the vendor

Thanks Amanda, that was one hell of a party you all put on! So glad I met you all and Go Fighting Irish haha

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Meagan C

I was one who didn't think the DJ was one of the top important things at our wedding when we first started planning, and now that the day is done I can tell you how wrong I was to think that! The entire flow of the day and the overall feeling wouldn't be what it was with out... Read More Austin's services. He helped keep us on schedule, keep the crowed entertained and of course kept everyone dancing! Austin not only planned out the agenda for the day, he was the sole person to help keep it on track, and that was invaluable. From the introductions, to the garter/ bouquet toss to the flow of music, Austin helped make it what it was! It may seem like the DJ is just in the background, but they really are responsible for the entire feeling of the night. I couldn't have known how valuable Austin was until it was over, but now I know and would recommend him to anyone!

2017-09-25T14:02:00 Response from the vendor

Thanks girl! So glad I got to come up there and party with you all. Such an awesome weekend!!

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Megan D

He took care of us, and was there early on top of everything. So thankful to have someone that did lighting, music, collaborated with my other vendors and who basically planned out our wedding timeline. He did an amazing job! Happy that we chose Austin!

2017-09-25T12:53:23 Response from the vendor

Thanks Megan, had a great time working with you all and partying with you all at the tailgate. More to come soon!

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Audrey S

What a fantastic DJ!! From our first meeting we loved Austin, he preferred to meet in person the first time so he could get to know us which made it that much more personal. He is very organized and has suggestions for everything! We didn't have a cooordinator the day of the... Read More wedding but we didn't need one! Austin comes with a timeline that your review, does a great job at staying on schedule without making it feel rushed and always try and add personal touches. We didn't have to give him a list of music, we just told him what kind of mood we wanted and he had playlists ready. He has several add on options to choose from, we went some of his "intelligent lights" that really set the party vibe and could provide a spot light for main events. We would highly recommend Austin to any bride and groom looking for an easy and personal process!!!

2017-11-22T10:26:29 Response from the vendor

Thanks Audrey! So glad I met you all and got to celebrate with you all! P.S. We can still go to Bleu Mesa even though we're finished with the wedding lol

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Chelsea M

Holy moly where do I even begin to describe our amazing experience with Austin! He truly MADE are wedding the most memorable night of our lives! He is truly dedicated to his work as a DJ. He will go above and beyond to make sure your music is exactly how you want it down to a T.... Read More He was with us every step of the way when planning our reception music and it could not have gone better! He is so personable and I couldn't have asked for a more incredible person to not only have as a DJ, but to serve as an awesome MC for the night. We received nothing but compliments about how awesome our reception was and how great the music was! It was more perfect than I ever could imagine and I would highly recommend him to anyone!

2017-11-22T10:27:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Mrs. Chelsea Reed!! I'm so glad you all had a great time. You all were so awesome to work with. I hope that we can party again together at your friends weddings or your company parties or something here soon! Let... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/03/2017 Amanda R

We loved working with Austin! We hired him to DJ our wedding and he was there every step of the way! Austin offered great ideas for our reception and was so easy to work with. He is organized and very professional! Austin was amazing at reading the crowd and knowing exactly what... Read More to play so that our guests had a great time! We were so impressed and highly recommend Austin for any event or DJ needs!

2017-11-22T10:27:52 Response from the vendor

Thanks Mrs. Fobes! Y'all were awesome, so glad I got to be apart of your wedding! See y'all up in Stilly for gamedays!

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Kiley E

Austin was amazing and so easy to work with! He asked all the right information to get exactly what we needed. He is very detailed oriented which allowed us to relax and enjoy the party while he took care of the rest. Amazing service for a great price. People are still talking... Read More about how great our DJ was! Our uplighting was perfect and really tied together the whole look of our wedding! I would highly recommend Austin for any event!

2017-11-22T10:31:05 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much Kiley! You did a great job picking out an awesome venue and that made my job even easier! So glad you all had a fun time, have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Benjamin D

The weather on our wedding day was awful. Severe thunderstorms with a strong chance of tornadoes. By the end of the day there were even two cyclones that had touched down nearby! We ended up starting the ceremony early and about half of the guests never showed up at all. On... Read More top of that the guests that did show up weren't exactly the party animals of the family.... luckily Austin knew exactly how to get everyone into the moment and keep the party alive! We were so happy with the service he provided and although I can't speak for all of the guests, my wife and I had a great time. We definitely recommend this DJ!

2017-11-22T10:32:59 Response from the vendor

Thank you Ben! Even given our circumstances I still had a great time with you all and we all made it out alive haha! Hope you all and the kiddo are doing great!

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Jordan B

Austin will bring a customized party for a great price! He is such a pleasure to work with and will customize your event to meet your needs. He kept the follow of our reception flowing and the dance floor full! Because of him, our reception was exactly what we were dreaming of!

2017-11-22T10:33:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Bradfords! Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Catherine L

Austin pulled off a flawless evening for our wedding! The dance floor was literally packed until the very last song and the energy was high all night. He did an incredible job as both a DJ and an MC. What I loved most about working with him was that he did not have the attitude... Read More of "this is how I've always done things so this is what we are doing". He worked with us and found all sorts of creative ideas and unique solutions to some special things we wanted to incorporate during the reception. My brother is a musician and played the father/daughter dance song live, and Austin called him and worked with him to make sure he had all the right equipment and they made a plan together. It's very refreshing to work with someone who's so passionate and excited to try new things and really loves their job. I'll definitely be recommending him to my friends & family in the area. Thanks Austin!

2017-11-22T10:35:43 Response from the vendor

Thanks Catherine! Y'all's wedding was one of the most unique I've gotten to do. So much fun incorporating your brother! Hope you and Cooper have a great first Thanksgiving together!

Reviewed on 4/23/2017 Taylor B

Austin did an incredible job! He kept the party engaged and made our evening incredibly special! Thank you, Austin!

2017-11-22T10:36:16 Response from the vendor

Thanks Taylor! Had a great time celebrating with you all!!

Reviewed on 4/03/2017 Shayna M

Austin was the most amazing dJ anyone could ask for. I met him at a different event I was working and fell in love with his professional and BEAUTIFUL set up! I mean WOW. He puts his entire heart into what he does and he NEVER lets you down. I just asked him to do my wedding... Read More that was on Friday March 31st, and I could not have asked for a better man for the job!! Everyone was up dancing, having a great time, he has a presence that you wouldn't believe! If you're ever looking for a DJ, ONLY CHOOSE AUSTIN!!!!

2017-11-22T10:37:21 Response from the vendor

Thanks Shayna. Glad I was able to be apart of your big day!!

Reviewed on 4/01/2017 Kristyn H

We hired Austin as our DJ for our wedding and he did such an amazing job! He kept everyone excited and on the dance floor, keeping it fun and high energy the whole time. He is well-priced and very organized. He wrote out a timeline so we would have an idea of how the night was... Read More going to go and he met up with us multiple times to ensure he would make it the best time possible. Would highly recommend!

2017-11-22T10:38:11 Response from the vendor

Thanks Kristyn, y'all were awesome! Hope you had a great time in the Dominican!

Reviewed on 3/27/2017 Brandi P

We hired Austin for our wedding as our DJ and for lighting on the recommendation of someone and we are so glad we did. Our initial consultation was at one of our favorite favorite restaurants. Austin was on time, professional, prepared, and enthusiastic for our big day. He... Read More gathered as much info as possible and took an authentic interest in getting to know not only us, but our family and friends to really create a personal and fun environment. Throughout the planning process, Austin was readily available via text, email, or phone day and night for even the smallest questions. He joined us at our venue to plan out our lighting concept at no additional charge to make sure it would be perfect. On the day of our wedding, Austin was there to set up, test his equipment, run things by me prior to our big day, and make sure that we were going to be happy with final product. The ceremony music was absolutely perfect. The volume was perfect, the timing was perfect, we couldnt have been more pleased. He provided a microphone for our officiant and the quality and volume of his voice was flawless. Once the cocktail hour started, Austin had selected a variety of music that was not only tasteful, but created a beautiful and romantic environment. The uplighting was perfect and really made the entire reception what is was....flawless and elegant during cocktails and dinner then a fun party for the rest. His attitude and professionalism was evident when addressing our guests throughout the evening. He was easy for our guests to relate to and was outgoing and fun all evening. Once our party began, the atmosphere couldnt have been better. Our dance floor was never empty and the lighting effects were amazing...how could someone not dance. Austin's approach to our wedding kept our dance floor like a magnet for our guests. I have heard nothing but compliment after compliment from our guests. One even told me that this was the first wedding they have ever stayed at until the end. If you need a DJ, lighting, etc for your big day, look no further than Austin Smith. His professionalism and easy to work with nature made our special day what it was. We could go on and on about his work. Thank you Austin for such an unforgettable evening, we are so thankful you were there to celebrate with us!!!!

2017-11-22T10:38:54 Response from the vendor

Hey Brandi, Could've sworn I responded on here but that you so much! Y'all's wedding was so much fun, glad I got to meet you all! I'll come over and join y'all for fireworks and that new pool soon!

Reviewed on 3/24/2017 Amanda J

Very professional service! Austin met all of our needs above and beyond! He is flexible and equipment is top of the line.

2017-11-22T10:39:14 Response from the vendor

Appreciate the kind words, thank you so much!!

Great DJ!

Reviewed on 5/11/2014 Kathryn L

We absolutely loved Austin. He was so reasonably priced and did a great job getting people on the dance floor as well as making sure everything ran smoothly at our reception!

Stand Up and Dance Music

Reviewed on 10/08/2013 Ally V

Austin was such a great help to us in organizing our reception. We met him at a date party at Oklahoma State and when I heard the way he got everyone in the room dancing I knew he was our guy. He was willing to work with us on a package of services to meet our needs. He allowed... Read More us to text him up to minutes before the reception with different song requests and continued to play amazing songs throughout the night. From the minute we walked into the reception down to us leaving people were on their feet dancing. His smooth choices of hip/hop to swing to 80's to slow dances were seamless and made our reception all the more enjoyable. He wasn't afraid to keep us on schedule for first dances, cake cutting and bouquet toss but was also willing to make adjustments too. The night went off without a hitch and more people were there with us to watch us leave in my opinion because of the dance music.