Is this your business? claim it now

Avant Gardenia

Chicago, IL

Aisle Decorations, Centerpieces, Pedestals, Vases, Chuppah, Decorations + Accents, Bouquet Wraps, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Flower Arrangements

815 S. 12th Ave., Chicago, IL

Stunning flowers and wedding decor!!

Reviewed on 4/15/2015 Grant M

Jenna is the most fabulous florist you could ever ask for. She goes above and beyond just her floral expertise to help make your dream wedding a reality! She seeks out the most beautiful, stunning flowers to ensure that all arrangements and bouquets are amazing!! Our guests... Read More raved about our floral arrangements and decor!! We couldn't have been happier with Avant Gardenia!!

Gorgeous flowers, a bit costly, but worth it

Reviewed on 1/03/2015 Jaclyn H

To begin, Jenna is amazing. I first met her (after a few failed attempts due to my fault/weather issues) about 11 months before my wedding on 12/13/14. She was amazing, her ideas were fantastic and I knew that I had to have Avant Gardenia do my bridal party flowers and part of... Read More my centerpieces (we used a lot of non-floral accents to incorporate ornaments and candles). She ended up sending me a quote that was well over my original budget and I asked if we could scale back. Jenna had no issue doing that and repeatedly told me we could continue to work on where to cut once we got closer to the wedding and I decided what was important to me. Fast forward to a few weeks before the wedding and I was scrambling to discuss a few significant changes that had been made to our table arrangements versus what we had discussed 11 months prior. By a few, I mean we changed our entire floor layout (I unexpectedly accepted a new position about 2 weeks before our wedding, which threw a curveball into the planning process.) Jenna quickly changed her quote to account for the new floor plan and was extremely pleasant to work with, when I thought she would be fuming (if you were fuming Jenna, you hid it well). The flowers were absolutely stunning and completed my picture perfect wedding. My absolute favorite item was the floral wands she created for my flower girls. They were so unique and my two little nieces (2 y/o) kept saying how they were princesses. To save on costs she put a few of our arrangements in plastic silver bowls, which you would never know unless you touched them. It brought down the cost and then we were also able to reuse them at the brunch the next day. The team at Avant Gardenia does an amazing job, are slaves to detail, and Jenna really puts her heart and soul into every job. Thanks for completing my dream day!

Beautiful flowers

Reviewed on 8/25/2014 Ann H

Avant Gardenia were an excellent florist for our daughter's recent wedding. Jenna was wonderful to work with from our first consultation. The flowers & tablescapes provided were beautiful. Everyone raved about the flowers. They were a gorgeous mix of roses, hydrangeas,... Read More dahlias, lilies & dusty miller. Excellent flower design. Jenna & her staff exceeded our expectations.

Exceptional Florist!

Reviewed on 1/30/2014 Patricia C

I had the pleasure of working with Jenna for my December 28th wedding. I was planning our wedding from Denver so I knew I would need someone that was flexible and able to see my vision, even when I couldn't literally show her. I felt that Jenna was "with me" right from the... Read More start. She understood my budget constraints but worked hard to find something that exceeded my expectations. She offered unique and fun ideas for the bridal party bouquets. My guests are STILL talking about what we called the cascading wrist bouquets. The center pieces she created were absolutely beautiful and she did a wonderful job of getting things set up. I made a great choice in picking Avant Gardenia and would recommend them to anyone.

Beautiful Flowers

Reviewed on 10/18/2013 Kathryn B

I was referred to Avant Gardenia by another florist who was already booked on my wedding day. I am so grateful for her referral. I worked with Jenna who was extremely professional, personable, and fun to work with! I had a strict budget to work with for my flowers and Jenna was... Read More so accommodating, I swear she was able to get me everything I wanted when other florists hadn't. The flowers were beautiful and everything I had wanted! I would highly recommend Jenna and Avant Gardenia for anyone who wants magnificent looking bouquets, centerpieces, and flowers of any kind.

Avant Gardenia - Fabulous Flowers on a Budget

Reviewed on 8/09/2013 Melissa B

I love, love, love fresh flowers! That being said, I did not want to spend a ton of money on wedding flowers that would have one glorious day and then meet an unfortunate end. (Yes, I know all about donating the flowers to a nursing home, etc., but we left for the honeymoon the... Read More next day and there just wasn't time). Since I love flowers but didn't want to sacrifice a ton of them for one night (or sacrifice a huge portion of our budget), I decided on all candles for decorations and just decided on flowers for the wedding party. Jenna at Avant Gardenia created the most absolutely perfect bouquets for my girls and me! We were able to do all communication over email, which was really convenient, and my total cost was under budget! When I was looking for ways to cut costs, Jenna had tons of suggestions for me - including using pocket squares for the guys (which would have taken away from her profit, had we gone that route). We did talk about centerpieces when I was first planning and Jenna had great ideas to reduce cost on those, too. When I decided on candles, she included vases with each bouquet, and we were able to put the beautiful bouquets at the tables during dinner. It was nice to be able to reuse the flowers and give them some more time to shine. Plus, each bridesmaid was able to take home her bouquet and vase at the end of the night. I gave my bouquet to my mom and she said it was beautiful and smelling great for weeks! Delivery was quick and easy, even though she delivered to downtown Chicago, and she had no problems when I changed my mind on flower colors a few weeks before the wedding.

Beautiful flowers for floral-priority weddings

Reviewed on 8/05/2013 Tina M

Jenna at Avant Gardenia was recommended to me for their beautiful and creative flowers. Our wedding was somewhat moderate and we only needed 3 bouquets, 10 corsages/boutonnieres, and 6 smaller centerpieces. The flowers were amazingly beautiful. My bouquet was one of the... Read More loveliest set of flowers I had ever seen, and all the flowers lasted without any wilting or damage into the night. However, I got the impression that this florist is better suited to higher-end weddings or weddings with a lot of florals/big floral budget. I would recommend them if flowers are an important part of your vision. If you are on a budget, trying to DIY some things or stretch your dollar, I might shop around more.

Amazing Florals!

Reviewed on 6/25/2013 Sara

Jenna has an amazing talent and was able to realize my vision while still staying with my budget.

Reviewed on 6/17/2013 Alli W

Jenna was such a pleasure to work with. Our flowers were absolutely stunning-from my bride's bouquet, to the bridesmaids bouquets, to our centerpieces..everything looked exquisite. Jenna was also amazing in her flexibility with what I was looking for and matching that to a... Read More budget that I was comfortable with. I couldn't have asked for a better experience or a better end product.

Reviewed on 4/24/2013 Jessica D

Jenna was amazing to work with. She helped me from day one pick out amazing flowers. I was blown away at how beautiful everything turned out, the arrangements were perfect and just what I wanted. Thank you!

Flowers so beautiful I cried

Reviewed on 12/15/2012 Roshelle M

Jenna has the most amazing business. She has a knack for creating your vision into a floral dream land. No joke- Jenna took my ideas and made them perfect + some. I couldn't have been happier with the way Jenna made my day look. She was super friendly and the prices I paid were... Read More super reasonable!

BEAUTIFUL wedding flowers

Reviewed on 12/10/2012 Carrie S

Jenna the owenr of Avant Gardenia is such an incredibly talented florist!!! At our frist meeting she listened to what I wanted and just got it, I had an idea of what I thought I wanted and she took it and made it real and made it even more beautiful that I thought it could be.... Read More Just about every guest at our wedding told us how beuatiful the centerpieces were and how beautiful all the flowers were, Jenna did an incredible job. She is so patient and truly wanted to make sure it was exactly what I wanted and and even through my mind changing and changing things back she made sure it was going to be beautiful and what I wanted. I could not imagine anyone else having done my wedding flowers. They were perfect, as was my experience of working with Jenna as my florist!!!

Absolutely amazing!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2012 Nicole A

I can't say enough wonderful things about Avant Gardenia!! Jenna did such an amazing job!! Everyone at our wedding was complimenting us on our beautiful flowers & centerpieces and it's been almost two weeks & I am still getting phone calls and messages about how beautiful... Read More everything was! Jenna was so sweet & helpful throughout the whole planning process & made things so easy for me!! She was always there to answer any of my questions! Not only is Jenna amazing at what she does but she is the sweetest person as well!! I highly recommend meeting with her because I guarantee you will be as excited to work with her as I was!!! ~Our wedding was October 6th, 2012~

Absolutely LOVED my wedding floral!

Reviewed on 9/10/2012 Samantha S

Jenna truly made my vision come alive through my floral arrangements! We had 2 different centerpiece ideas and 10 beautiful bouquets made. I wanted all "transitional" colors from Spring to Fall as my wedding was September 1, 2012! I received so many compliments and would... Read More absolutely refer Avant Gardenia to all future brides! Thank you, Jenna!

Most Talented Florist!!!

Reviewed on 8/20/2012 Chanelle B

Jenna, the owner of Avant Gardenia, completely transformed our reception space and made it something more beautiful than I could have imagined. I completely trusted her opinion as I have seen the goregous work she does. She far exceeded my expectations. She took care of linens... Read More for us and her recommendation for color was just perfect in our space. She has extremely high standards and she doesn't settle for mediocre. She handled some issues for us the day of the wedding in terms of mis-communications with the venue reps and everything ended up perfect. I highly recommend Avant Gardenia!

Reviewed on 8/09/2012 Leslie A

I wanted a lot of floral on a budget and that's exactly what I got! Jenna took my vision and made it a reality and then some. Trust me, this was no easy task. I didn't know what I wanted except that I like monobontanical and monochromatic. You may think that sounds... Read More boring...NO WAY, she would not let that happen! She created different centerpiece concepts that each met my criteria but when put together in the room totally complemented each other and looked lush. Jenna takes into account every detail of the reception. She strategically placed candles at every table as well as throughout the cake table, she took care of the linens, and each flower in the centerpieces was perfectly arranged. I didn't want any ceremony decorations because our ceremony was going to be very short. Jenna asked about petals in the aisle and I said fine. "Messy" is not in Jenna's vocabulary so instead of just scattering petals down the aisle, she arranged them in a chevron pattern to match some of the other details. The bridesmaid bouquets were beautiful and large. I wanted the bridesmaids to feel special so Jenna found rhinestone charms with their initials and attached them to removeable bracelets that matched the dresses. She also decorated the stems with chevron ribbon to match the table runners (BTW...they don't make chevron ribbon so she had it specially made). I have saved the best for last, my bouquet. It was unbelieveable. My bouquet was made up of over 30 peonies. They were huge, gorgeous, smelled fabulous, and reminded me of my grandparents' garden. She alternated rhinestone and black stone bracelets to match the chevron idea and put a charm on mine as well. As an added touch, she tied my paternal grandpa's ring to it as my something borrowed, and put 2 mini pink roses underneath since that's what my maternal grandmother carried on her wedding day. Jenna and her staff do not miss any detail. She is very creative and can make any vision come alive (or help you form one, like me). Her value far exceeds her prices. People are still talking about/asking me about our beautiful flowers!

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous

Reviewed on 7/11/2012 Kate G

Our wedding colors were fun fun fun! Citrus was the theme, so yellow, orange, and green were the flowers. I am not picky so I told Jenna to do whatever and these were the most outstanding flowers ever! They looked as gorgeous if not better, 1, 2, yes 3 days after the wedding.... Read More Outstanding job and reasonable prices.

Reviewed on 7/10/2012 Christine M

Jenna has amazing design and vision.

Beautiful and reasonable

Reviewed on 11/03/2011 Lindsay B

Beautiful flowers at an affordable price! Dependable

Reviewed on 7/07/2011 Andrea P

The flowers were amazing and exactly what I wanted and more! Just make sure she double checks all her bouquets and boutonnières before delivering them.

My flowers were beautiful!

Reviewed on 6/22/2011 Melissa S

I was referred to Avant Gardenia by a few people and was really impressed with what I saw on their website. The designs are modern yet traditional and are geared to the modern bride. Our meeting with the floral designer was really casual and personal; she had tons of examples of... Read More past work. She worked with me on my floral concept, budget and really understood the look I was trying to achieve. Most of all she was easy to work with. All of my guests loved the center pieces at the reception and the floral designs gave the room a simple yet romantic and elegant look.

Reviewed on 6/11/2011 Rose B

Jenna...what can I say..she has a great imagination...her style and combinations of flowers are amazing and different!!! I LOVED them!!! So did my family!! The tables were gorgeous and it was just perfect!!! Jenna is talented and wonderful to work with...she even helps talk you... Read More down when you are having one of those "bride moments"... she is the absolute BEST!!!

Creative and Talented

Reviewed on 9/21/2010 Danielle K

The floral made our venue unforgettable. Avant Gardenia used so much creativity and talent, which everyone is still talking about. She puts thought into the venue and location and designs floral within your budget that makes the whole concept flow.

TO Avant Gardenia