Exquisite Gowns~Customized for Every Bride

Avenía is a bridal boutique featuring the finest in designer wedding dresses and custom bridal creations. Inspired by the haute couture of renowned European and New York designers, and the artistry of Nancy Barrus Couture, Avenía creates once-in-a-lifetime bridal experiences.

Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Custom Designs, Fashion

228 E. University Parkway, Orem, UT

A perfect dress for a tall bride

Reviewed on 3/27/2014

I am 6'1" tall and I tried on gowns at several bridal shops. To ensure a beautiful fit a consultant at each store told me they could "add length" to the bottom of most dresses. But, I needed them to drop the shoulder to drop the bust, drop the waist AND lengthen the dress to fit... Read More my body perfectly. At Avenia I met Nancy and she knew that all of those things needed to be done to have a perfect fit. I ended up having a custom gown made and it was finished in 7 weeks without a rush and was ready two months before my January wedding! Nancy was lovely to work with and her staff was professional - worth every penny!!

Great dress shop!!

Reviewed on 9/27/2013 Tonnie D

Nancy made my perfect dress and was extremely helpful, friendly and hard working! I would recommend her to anyone looking to have their wedding dress made.

Best bridal salon in Utah!!

Reviewed on 1/19/2013 Anne-Marie G

I absolutely love Avenia Bridal. Such a pleasure to work with them. I purchased my accessories from them and tried on dresses as well. Their staff truly cares about helping you and making you feel comfortable. They carry many great designers and have a very classy salon. I was... Read More blown away with their follow up and professionalism. They can make custom gowns as well as full alterations for gowns bought in-house. I wish I was working there and I wish I hadn't gotten my gown elsewhere. The only reason was to trim my budget. Go check them Out as soon as you get engaged. You will not regret it.

Reviewed on 7/01/2015 Kimberly J

I absolutely LOVED my experience with Avenia Bridal! I went to countless stores around Utah Valley, and tried on numerous gowns. I had a very specific vision of what I imagined my wedding dress to look like, and once I found out Avenia created custom gowns, I became very... Read More excited! It was a little nerve-wracking, as we were making it from scratch, however after talking with Nancy, the store owner, she assured me we could create my dream gown. Although I was very picky, the dress creation process was easy and stress-free, as Nancy made sure to take every suggestion and request to heart. Although I didn't physically build my gown, I can honestly say I feel like the designer. Nancy helped me bring my dream gown to life and I still feel like I walked out of the boutique with the most beautiful wedding dress in the world! Thank you so much Nancy!!

They Tried

Reviewed on 7/01/2015 Leni B

I wanted to like Avenia. First of all, it's a very LDS-centric shop. I'm not LDS. I went down to Orem searching for a bargain. I found an affordable (not modest--they carry all kinds of dresses) gown there. I chose to buy from them because I thought I'd get great seamstress... Read More services--because they specialize in altering dresses for LDS brides. Wow was I wrong. First of all, they forgot to work on my dress for months. I finally called to check on it and they were like, "oh, your dress? um.... ?? Yeah! Your dress! we're definitely going to start that...right now." WTF?? So that stressed me out. A lot of times when I would come in for a fitting I would have to wait 20-30 minutes before they'd bring my dress out, then 15 more for the seamstress to come look at it. Also, they told me I could have a dress that was coming in, then gave it to another girl. It worked out because I was able to take a different size but that was unprofessional. Then the alterations were all over the place, first it was too small, then too loose. The morning before my wedding it still wasn't right. I couldn't trust them to do anything and the stress of it all was horrible. And while she is a really nice person, the owner, Nancy, seems to be losing it. Some conversations with her were like being in the twilight zone. After one of the seamstresses messed up my dress I had to go in again and I asked her "so, are you going to personally make sure this is done right by doing it yourself?" And she said "oh yes, this close to your wedding, I will definitely fix this myself." Literally 30 seconds later she took me to the back and said "ok this is Kelsey, she will be doing your new alterations." I was just so confused I didn't even say anything. She also rather unprofessionally asked me for legal advice for some friend of hers--I had to stay like an extra 30 minutes to discuss her acquaintance's legal woes at like 9pm when I was desperate to get home and eat dinner after a long fitting. Long story short, the bodice gapped out, the waist could have been tighter, and the bustle ripped out after about 30 minutes. The dress I found there was made in China and was a brand I could have easily found online or at a different shop. Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else. I paid premium seamstress prices for poor quality work. (note: it pains me to write this review as the ladies there have good hearts & were nice to me but I'm sorry, I just cannot recommend this place).

horrible service

Reviewed on 4/26/2015 Gloria F

when I went in and no one helped us like if we were invisible, finally someone came up to me and told me to go into a little room where there is like maybe 40 dresses in only and all small sizes. there wasn't a lot of verity. after 5 min in the little room with my mom a girl... Read More came in and took 2 dresses that I liked and too to the room and just left me there I needed help zipping it up and I opened the door and no one came, so I had to call my mom. went to look at some more dresses for another size and they didn't have it and the girl cam up and was said she didn't have that size and that there is a lot of other stores I can go to, she didn't even try to pull another dress or show me a magazine. so went to get dressed and left in tears, I felt like she just wanted me out of there and not help me.

2015-04-29T00:04:12 Response from the vendor

Dear Gloria – I was extremely sad to read your email regarding your experience on Friday. I have worked with brides for 30 years and it is always my hope and intent that each bride who visits this store will have a positive experience, regardless... Read Less Read More

Amazing gown

Reviewed on 4/14/2015 Madisson P

My gown was customized exactly the way I wanted it. Avenia will treat you like a queen!

Custom Dress by Nancy!

Reviewed on 1/03/2015 Jinni M

Nancy made a custom red and gold wedding dress for me! I'll never forget Nancy and all of the wonderful ladies at Avenia. I was always so welcomed at every dress fitting. Nancy and the ladies of Avenia will make sure your vision is brought to life!

Got it the First Try!

Reviewed on 12/08/2014 Tamara W

I was really hesitant about getting a dress from a dress store. Silly, right? But I didn't want to look like a cookie cutter bride and didn't think they would have my style. Honestly, I just wanted a sundress off of Etsy. But it was important to my mom to have the wedding dress... Read More shopping experience together. She lives out of state and would only be here for one day to find the dress. Avenia was our first stopped. I described to them everything I was thinking. The woman helping us thought for a minute, went into the back and then brought out the perfect dress. She nailed it. I could tell she had really listened to me.

Nancy Barrus Couture...perfection!

Reviewed on 10/11/2014 Heather S

I've had the pleasure of working with Nancy Barrus on two formal gowns (one custom and one for alterations), as well as having alterations done on dress suits for two special occasions. She simply is amazing! Her talent is exquisite. She has an amazing ability to turn a vision... Read More for a dress into a gown that you feel amazing in. Everyone on her staff is wonderful. So kind and helpful! From the moment you walk in Avenia Bridal they are about the experience and making you feel special. You feel like one of the family! The last few times I was there for fittings I had my girls with me and they were in awe of the gorgeous gowns. They are still little (only 5 and 7 :) but I couldn't think of anyone else I would take them to when their special day comes! For any formal or wedding needs there is no question...we call Nancy! :)

So impressed

Reviewed on 10/11/2014

I loved my experience at Avenia! From the beautiful atmosphere to the great customer service. I felt they really cared for me-- I wasn't just another client. Nancy designed by custom gown and it turned out more beautifully than I could've ever dreamed! Can't say enough good... Read More about them!

Perfection

Reviewed on 10/11/2014

I went to Avenia as a last stop on the first day I tried on gowns and I hadn't really loved anythibg I'd seen all day. I was originally planning on making my dress (I am a clothing construction major) and only went to look and get some ideas. After trying on the first dress... Read More Avenia I knew I was going to like this place. Everyone was so nice and helpful! I of course loved every gown I tried on, but finally decided on a blush Lis Simon gown. It was perfect! I felt like a bride and so beautiful. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Nancy helped me with my alterations (I did them myself, but she helped with ithe fittings). I loved going to Avenia and have recommended it to all of my recently engaged friends. If you are looking for excellent service and gorgeous gowns Avenia is the best place to go!

THE BEST!!

Reviewed on 9/25/2014

Avenia is amazing. The service is wonderful and everyone that works there is so friendly. They don't pressure you into anything. They make you feel very comfortable and at ease with trying to choose your wedding dress. I loved two dresses from Avenia. I couldn't decide which... Read More one to go with. I decided to do a custom gown and combine the two! The quality of the dresses that they make and have in stock are so good and better than any other place I have been. There is no point in going anywhere else. Avenia has the best!!

Need a dress? GO HERE!!!

Reviewed on 9/15/2014 Devyn B

First off, Nancy is amazing. She is the owner and oversees all alterations and seriously knows exactly what she is doing. The salon is beautiful, all the dresses are beautiful, and the service there is so awesome. They treat you so good there. Nothing but good things to say... Read More about Avenia Bridal!

A Wedding Dress To Impress

Reviewed on 7/17/2014 Jenn R

I originally purchased a dress, but it ended up not being exactly what I wanted. I googled around and found some reviews on Nancy Barrus at Avenua Bridal in Orem, and made the 45 minute drive to meet with her. She is what i'd like to call a wedding dress genius. She worked on a... Read More sketch and then we met about 6 times after that for the creation of my dream dress. Nancy is awesome - she's super honest, which I loved right of the bat, and also very sweet and lovely to be around. I recommend every bride-to-be having a custom dress made (with Nancy if you're in the area), as it truly will make you feel like a princess. Everything fits YOU perfectly, and you have the chance to create a custom dress that no one else has. Such a wonderful experience!

perfectmaywedding

Reviewed on 6/13/2012 Tayler W

I really enjoyed this bridal shop. I had the top of my dress remade here and it turned out wonderfully. People still comment on how beautiful it was and I was beyond satisfied! They ended up working on it longer than they quoted me, but still only charged me the quoted price.... Read More The only drawback I had was there was a day delay as during the sewing process, some blood got on the dress from a pin prick. This wasnt a problem though, as they fixed the problem quickly and free of charge. I would definitely recommend it!

Avenia Bridal is fantastic!

Reviewed on 11/08/2011 Leslie M

I actually live in Miami, FL and had a bad experience (highly overpriced, petty salesperson territorialism, lack of help, writing down the wrong gown and then not being able to find the correct one, etc.) with the bridal store on Miracle Mile in Coral Gables where I found my... Read More gown. After searching online, I found that Avenia Bridal in Utah carried the dress. Lisa and her staff were WONDERFUL to work with - really knowledgeable and helpful - and so I ordered my gown through her. Even though I ordered it from thousands of miles away and even had to do some customization over the phone, I felt much more confident with Avenia than I did with the store in Miami. My dress was the perfect size and length, and it was gorgeous :) I highly, highly recommend you call Lisa at Avenia, regardless of where you live. She was with me each step of the way, and it was a wonderful experience.

Best Experience

Reviewed on 6/30/2011 Sandra J

I had the best experience finding my dream gown at Avenia Bridal. They made me feel like a princess. They were receptive to my feedback and patient with me as I tried on dress after dress. I found many unique and beautiful dresses there, and I was ecstatic to find my dress-... Read More completely unique and totally me. It came straight from NYC last fall, so their dresses are fresh and up-to-date. They also have an amazing seamstress who will create whatever you design, too. They have the option of building up (adding sleeves) to nearly every gown. I will definitely recommend them to friends in the future.

Yes, Virginia, the perfect dress is real.

Reviewed on 2/06/2011 Lindsey L

I can't say enough good things about Avenia. If you demand perfection in your dress, there is no other place you should even consider. Nancy Barrus is a goddess when it comes to alterations and will make sure everything is 120 percent right. Avenia's exquisite taste in gown... Read More selection and Nancy's ability to see how to make the dress be even more gorgeous and fit each specific body is incredible. Go check them out – you won't regret it.

Nancy Barrus Couture

Reviewed on 8/25/2010 Emily L

I had my dress custom designed and made- and it turned out BEAUTIFUL. Nancy Barrus sat down with me and sketched out some designs until we worked out something that I loved. The entire dress was completed in under 2 months. Nancy was incredibly nice and easy to work with. I... Read More would recommend Avenia to anybody!

TO Avenia Bridal