"You really listened to us!"

Have you crossed the line? At some point, most weddings go from “fun and creative” to “annoying hard work.” Backthird takes the annoying off your plate so you can get back to the personal. A short call with someone you can trust gets you a plan with DJ, uplighting, live jazz or pop strings – all personalized to you. Then, focus on the songs and ideas YOU want - and watch us make them shine.

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Indian, World Music

After Party, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

127 S. First St., Geneva, IL greater Chicago area (630) 264-2366
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Heidi S

Backthird was SO worth the investment. We knew that we wanted a string trio for our ceremony/happy hour/dinner and a DJ for our reception, but the thought of having to hire two different music groups was overwhelming. Thankfully, Backthird provided both types of music!!... Read More Gemini Strings Trio was wonderful - they are talented musicians and play a wide variety of music. DJ Kelvon was awesome - very down to earth and fun. He kept the dance party going all night - he even got people to dance that I've never seen dance before! Backthird was amazing. Seriously, hire them.

Reviewed on 8/31/2017 Elle T

My husband and I worked with Amanda, Robbie, and Stephen (DJ) for our wedding this past May. EVERYONE was extremely helpful, quick to communicate and answer questions, and were overall very wonderful to work with. Our DJ, Stephen, met all of our needs - he had the best energy,... Read More worked with us to play exactly what we wanted song-wise, as well as incorporate nuances to "announcements", games and other activities we had planned during our reception. He was fantastic to plan with, and super fun to have as our DJ!!

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Allison N

I learned about Backthird through my brother, who had hired them for his wedding, and we immediately chose them as our DJ because we absolutely loved the fact that people were on the dance floor the entire night! Our own experience with Backthird was the same -- people were... Read More dancing from dinner until last call! The DJs are phenomenal at reading the guests and choosing songs that the most people are going to enjoy while also taking into consideration the musical taste of the bride and groom. Then on top of this, with both my own wedding and my brother's, the DJs were so helpful with coordinating events within the wedding and making sure that everything stays on track, while at the same time being flexible enough to ad-lib if something does not go as planned. During the final weeks leading up to your wedding, Backthird has you fill out a planner with all the events and songs that you would like at your reception, which I found super helpful because they also provide suggestions for those of us who can't make up our minds. Then in the week leading up to the wedding, your DJ will speak with you personally to make sure all the timeline is finalized, learn a bit about your preferences, and make sure that they are able to correctly pronounce all the names in your bridal party. I can't say enough good things about our experiences with Backthird and would recommend them to anyone wanting a fun DJ and lively dance floor at their wedding!

Reviewed on 5/17/2017 Kristin T

Backthird was amazing to work with all around!!! From the start our account managers Amanda and Robbie were super communicative and organized, and made sure that planning our big day was a breeze!! We booked Classical Strings a month before the wedding for the ceremony, and... Read More Joy could not have been nicer or more amazing to work with! The music was absolutely phenomenal, so many of our guests commented on their talent after the ceremony. Keaton was our DJ for cocktail hour and the reception and he was equally as amazing! We spoke a couple of weeks before the big day and went over everything we had submitted via the online portal planner and more! Our guests had a fabulous time dancing the night away!! I highly recommend Backthird for all of your musical needs, whether that be a wedding or a corporate event!

Reviewed on 11/17/2017 Eliza J

Kelvon did an awesome job at our wedding! He made sure to keep everyone dancing all night. We had several compliments on our DJ!

Reviewed on 11/16/2017 Becky F

Backthird made finding a band painless and easy. The Humble Organisms were the absolute perfect fit for my wedding. The band even performed a special request that wasn’t on their set list. I wish I could give more stars

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Edward H

I was assigned the task of finding a DJ for our wedding and after researching for a couple days landed on Backthird. I have to say they were one of the best vendors of our entire wedding. While our florist and quartet were MIA and impossible to reach throughout the planning... Read More process, Stephen at Backthird was always available and excited to talk details. Their web-based platform is easy to use and super convenient, and after meeting Stephen just once, he had everything down to the T. Stephen had great energy as an MC and all of our guests loved him. He was mindful in getting name pronunciations down accurately and remained close by all night to make sure everything was perfect. I highly recommend Backthird and if you can, request Stephen. From up lighting, to helping the quartet and ceremony with outdoor sound, Backthird did it all for us and their pricing is very reasonable. You really can't do anybetter than Backthird. 5-stars all day.

Reviewed on 11/11/2017 Colleen N

We were thrilled that Backthird could provide a solo pianist (Dan Chase) for cocktail hour as well as a DJ (Stephen) for dinner and dancing. The dance floor was packed all night! DJ Stephen also great at working with the venue staff to keep the night running on time.

Reviewed on 11/10/2017 Amanda G

Backthird was a preferred vendor for our venue, and for good reason! They were wonderful and they knew their way around the venue, so we were not in the least bit worried. We had a DJ for music during the ceremony and reception as well as a photobooth. Our DJ was DJ Keaton... Read More Michael and he was amazing! We are definitely not your cookie cutter couple and I knew as soon as we chatted that we were going to have a great event and that he understood what we were all about. Unfortunately, our guests started leaving before the party really got started, but he was sure to go around and get requests to try and get people on the floor. He truly made our wedding the best that he could and was very creative in his suggestions for music. We highly recommend DJ Keaton for couples who are a bit out of the box!

Reviewed on 11/02/2017 Rachel Z

Backthird was a great DJ experience from start to finish for our wedding! Very responsive, organized, fun and accomendating. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Leah R

We loved working with Backthird for our wedding day! From the beginning they were very easy to get in contact with and helped us start planning the details of our day! We always heard back from them within a day and they were very prompt on answering our questions. Their online... Read More planner tool was easy to use and helped us visually create the timeline for our wedding day. Everyone kept saying how much they enjoyed the music during our cocktail hour . Before walking down the aisle, I received a text from a friend saying that the violins were making her cry already- so I'd say they did a great job of setting the mood and the atmosphere for our ceremony. I would highly recommend them to others looking for a romantic and unique addition for their wedding day !

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Shawnna B

My husband and I used BackThird Entertainment for our September 2017 wedding. We had DJ Kelvon for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. He did a FANTASTIC job. He was super accommodating, took time to talk with us prior to the wedding to make sure he had all the day of... Read More details covered, and was so professional. Our reception was a blast and our dance floor was filled the entire evening with guests of all ages. We had no issues with microphones or sound systems which was such a relief. Thank you DJ Kelvon and BackThird Entertainment, you guys are awesome! Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Rachel J

Mc part was great but I am very upset that my dancing did not start until after 9pm!!!!! The only reason it started at all was because my mom told him to. We are busy with everything else so if I would have know the time I would have told him sooner but that's not my job. I... Read More rushed through bouquet toss and didn't even let my husband take the garter off so we could start the dancing. I made all the playlists for each event because the music was extremely important and the dancing was the most important to me. The last call was at 10:30pm and it closed at 11pm. I used this vendor because they new and worked with the venue alot. You would think they would know better. Also, Pastors microphone was going in and out during ceremony.

2017-10-24T12:42:59 Response from the vendor

Hey Rachel! It's Benjie, Backthird's founder. We're so bummed to hear you were less-than-thrilled with how your timeline worked out. Your DJ has some say in that, but not complete control of course - we don't decide how fast food gets cooked and eaten, for... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Morgan B

Backthird, Pop Strings and DJ Kelvon are absolutely amazing! I work with them as a corporate event planner and I would not have wanted to work with anyone other than this team for my wedding. They exceeded every expectation and our guests LOVED them. I would recommend them to... Read More any couple getting married.

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Caitlin B

Backthird was so easy to work with. Their online planning system is user friendly. Most importantly our DJ, TJ Medel, was AMAZING! He kept the party going non-stop on our wedding night. Nobody left the dance floor. Highly recommend.

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Courtney F

It was such a pleasure to work with Backthird Entertainment!! Stephen was our DJ and he was the BEST!!! From the moment we met him we were so comfortable and he was so accommodating to us. He went over everything we needed weeks before the wedding, made Spotify playlists of... Read More ideas that he had for our cocktail hour and dinner hour, and was even able to add extra elements that we needed last minute. We completely didn't even think about having a special song play for our flaming baked Alaska dessert, and before we could even think of it he ran up to us and listed off three "fire" songs that he could play for the show. That just made the whole dessert experience 10 times better. I also had a lot of song dedications for the reception, Stephen made sure to get to know all of my immediate family and friends and the wedding party so he could make sure that person was out on the dance floor with me when he announced their dedication. We never left the dance floor, it was so much fun!!! Thank you Stephen & Jack for a memorable wedding and the best dance party!!!

Reviewed on 9/12/2017 Laura S

We were very happy with our experience with Stephen from Backthird. We had DJ services for our ceremony and reception at The Morton Arboretum. We liked how we had a phone call together prior to the wedding. They had an online portal for us to select music we liked and disliked.... Read More We especially liked that he sent us clips of songs for us to use for our ceremony to make sure it was the right version. He was very on top of the timeline we sent him and made sure to give each person a heads up before they gave their speech. Our nephew asked to make an impromptu speech and we appreciated that he checked in with us first. :) My only negative to Backthird was that it was more expensive than we wanted to spend. We had to have two DJs, which I don't think was necessary given the size of our wedding. Stephen played music that we enjoyed and followed our play/don't play lists very well. He got everyone up and dancing the whole night. He was familiar with our venue and there were no issues with setup, etc. Overall we were extremely happy with our experience with Stephen.

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Amber K

Thank you so much Backthird and especially to our DJ Keaton Michael, our guests complimented the music several times and the MC duties. Keaton went above and beyond to make our wedding fun and relaxed and humorous- everything we wanted it to be! He had great ideas and was happy... Read More to receive ideas from us and discuss things. Stephen our AM was fantastic and very helpful! Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Lisa B

We were extremely happy with Backthird and highly, highly recommend them. We booked them for our entire wedding day - musicians for ceremony and cocktail hour, DJ for reception. Every email I sent to BackThird prior to the wedding day was met with a prompt response. Robbie was... Read More always quick and kind to respond. Priscilla and her team of musicians did a fantastic job at our ceremony and cocktail hour - which were both outdoors. Definitely made it feel chic and classy to have stringed instruments as our music. She was responsive to my questions and made the process very easy! All our guests were RAVING about DJ Kelvon during the night of our wedding and are still to this day talking about it - a week after the wedding has passed! Amazing, amazing, amazing job!! We had a large group of guests from different backgrounds, and the dance floor was packed all night long until the very last song. Thank you Kelvon for keeping things fun and lively, for playing our special music requests, and especially for being so kind as to check in with us when weird requests came through. :) You always made sure we were happy with everything that was going on and we greatly appreciate it. I will definitely be recommending Backthird Entertainment and DJ Kelvon to future wedding couples and just want to thank you again for the outstanding service!

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Britt A

Working with BackThird Entertainment for our wedding was a great experience! We had DJ TJ Medel at our wedding and he was truly the best. Not only did he have incredible energy and a great disposition, he was also very professional, punctual and fun! We provided some... Read More suggestions, but for the most part we just let him do his own thing, and he completely nailed it- from beginning to end. He really set the tone for the entire night. We have honestly received SO many compliments from many of our guests til this day (several months later) about TJ and his music selection. Really pleased with our decision to use BackThird and would recommend to anyone!!!

Reviewed on 8/29/2017 Cindy M

My husband and I could not be happier with our decision to go with Backthird and TJ Medel as our DJ! TJ was absolutely wonderful!! He was a great MC and DJ, so courteous, helpful and funny! The dance floor was packed all night and we all enjoyed every single song that was... Read More played! I will be recommending Backthird and TJ to all of my friends and family who are in the search of a DJ!

Reviewed on 8/25/2017 Jessica B

Backthird Entertainment did an amazing job at my wedding. They allow you to be as hands on or hands off as we wanted to be. There was a handful of things I knew I wanted, but other than that I wanted the DJ to just keep the party going, and they did just that. We had a full... Read More dance floor from start to finish and all my guests had nothing but good things to say about our DJ! Stephen was our DJ and I would highly reccomnd him. He went to the venue before hand, made sure everything was ready to go, helped me come up with song choices and really kept the party going!

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 Marissa C

Backthird was super easy to work with. They are very proactive and always informed me of any changes. When planning a wedding, it is really nice to have vendors who constantly reach out first and let you know what's going on. And of course, our guests loved the jazz quartet... Read More during cocktail hour!!!

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 Emily H

DJ Stephen and Backthird were great! He really catered to our personal music tastes and knew how to read the room and keep people dancing. I would highly recommend using Backthird if you want guaranteed awesome entertainment at your wedding.

Reviewed on 8/11/2017 Caitlyn W

Backthird was incredibly helpful during my wedding planning process. They made it easy to have a multiple music options for my day like strings for the ceremony and a dj for the reception! Robbie and the team were very helpful as I had questions throughout. The online portal was... Read More great and allowed me to plan out the day and music effectively. Hats off to Louise, not only for her brilliant music talents, but her professional planning and set up! I could not have been more thrilled. Dj Michael Keaton had a set list that kept the party going all night! I did NOT expect my entire family to dance all night, and his music was OUTSTANDING! Thank you backthird! You made my wedding the elegant and fun night that we desired!

Meet The Manager

Robbie Matteson

Everyone manages a few client accounts at Backthird, but Robbie works with a majority of our wedding couples. That makes him our resident expert on Chicago wedding venues, reception agendas and which DJ is going to do the best job with that obscure family tradition you want to include. Robbie is an amateur penny-whistle player, a former youth pastor and an irredeemable Lord of the Rings geek.