"You really listened to us!"

Backthird DJs make your wedding as personal as possible – and your preparation as easy as possible. Give us your brilliant ideas; we’ll turn it into a brilliant plan. Include uplighting, live jazz or modern strings – or let your DJ direct the whole day. We’ll customize a plan for your tastes the first time you call. For the month of February 2017, Backthird is donating to refugee support every time a couple books a wedding with us. See the details at http://blog.backthird.com/refugee-support.

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Indian, World Music

After Party, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

127 S. First St., Geneva, IL greater Chicago area (630) 264-2366
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Tabitha W

Our wedding was on October 1st, 2016 and we had Kelvon as our DJ. He was absolutely AMAZING! He used our musical taste and blended it with songs that fit right in with what we wanted. We couldn't have asked for a better person to DJ our wedding. If you truly want to have a... Read More fun wedding (we had to kick everyone out at the end of the night because they kept dancing!), he is your guy and will make your wedding music what you wanted and more! We can't thank Kelvon enough, you made our day so special! My husband and I are huge music lovers so this was very important to us and he did not disappoint!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Allison M

I got married about a month ago and we used one of their DJs, her name was Stephanie and she was so great!!! She was so sweet and very accommodating. We got to request several songs and she played all of them and then she got to pick the rest of the music and she did a great... Read More job! It flowed nicely, it kept people on the dance floor the whole time which is great. I got several compliments from guests on how much they loved the music. I was also so grateful for her attention to detail. One of my friends recently got married and they never did a mic check for the wedding so there was no sound for the ceremony! Stephanie was very diligent about everything working correctly and making sure everyone could hear clearly, we had a friend do music during the ceremony and she was very helpful setting him up. We seriously could not have been happier, Stephanie was the best, and I would definitely recommend her to anyone!

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Bob C

My bride and I selected Backthird Entertainment to provide music for the cocktail reception, dinner and dancing at our wedding. They were recommended to us as a “preferred vendor” and we were very pleased with the results. It was really “one stop shopping” in that they could... Read More provide the performers for whatever musical needs we had. I met with Amanda, our Account Manager, some six months before the event and we mapped out what our needs were, the options we had and what the cost would be. There are various musicians and DJs in the Backthird stable and we ended up choosing Gemini Strings for cocktail and dinner music and Andrew as our DJ. Through the whole process right up to the week of the event Amanda kept in communication with me, providing contact information for the musicians and DJ, making sure we filled out our preference forms, and generally ensuring things were on track. Gemini Strings played instrumental music during cocktails as well as dinner, a total of three hours, and we were very pleased with both. The mood or style we wanted for cocktails was smooth but upbeat emphasizing modern classics and traditional ballads. Dinner was a little more subdued, including some classical pieces in the mix. Dorothy, the head of the group, and I spoke on the phone two weeks before the event and she got a good feel of what we were looking for. They provided just the right touch for our event and we were very pleased with Gemini Strings in all respects. We followed a similar process with Andrew, our DJ. Ten days before the event we met and went over the type of music we wanted, the age range of people who would be at the event, what songs we wanted for our cake cutting, first dance, bouquet toss, etc. and some special announcements that were needed. Andrew took it all in and on the day of the event did a terrific job. He made sure our “must play” list was completed, read the crowd in terms of songs to play, changing pace when called for, had a special anniversary dance/game that was fun, and made sure the night kept moving along and most everyone had fun on the dance floor. All in all our wedding went off without a hitch and the music Backthird provided added a lot to making our event a success. I’d recommend them without hesitation.

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Ashley S

If DJ Kelvin can see this: please know that YOU ARE THE BEST!! We had all of our guests on the dance floor from start to finish!!! There are plenty of weddings that we have been to in the past where people get up and down to dance or just plain do not dance at all. But our... Read More wedding- EVERYONE was on the dance floor. From friends to family, of all ages, dancing all night!!!

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Kimberly E

Backthird was awesome! Amanda was our contact and she was really really helpful with keeping us on track, making very easy to understand forms to fill out and making it simple to have strings and a DJ for our wedding with one company! We used Twin Strings for our cocktails and... Read More ceremony and they were phenomonal! They even made us a custom arrangement blending a Kanye West interlude with the Bach song that I walked down the aisle to! SO great! DJ Andrew did our reception and we were able to make an extensive list for him and he played the majority of everything we had hoped for! Backthirds communication was spectacular!

Reviewed on 11/11/2016 Denise P

This was the vendor we were confident would be a grand slam out of the park and ended up being a strikeout (at least the DJ part, anyways). We chose Backthird because they were a preferred vendor of the Morton Arboretum and we loved the fact that you could get ceremony musicians... Read More and a DJ thru them. Their website is great and very informative, their manager Amanda was very prompt with responses, they held meetings with us before the wedding to make sure everything would theoretically run smoothly and I thought their portal in which you could select songs was awesome. The ceremony musicians (Twin Strings Trio) were great. However, we had some pretty major issues with DJ Keaton. The long story short is that despite the nearly 2 hour Skype meeting we had the weekend before the wedding and hours of work put into customizing our experience through the online portal, he totally dropped the ball during the reception. We spent a decent amount of money on song request cards that our guests filled out, and we put all those songs on the portal as "play if possible". We let him know we wanted an 80's/90's throwback dance party and since he calls himself a "master of 80's pop" we thought this would be a perfect match. What we got was maybe 5 of our requests played, slow songs played with few people on the floor (awkward!), Gangnam Style (seriously???) amongst other current/semi-current songs that didn't fit with our requests, and HARDLY ANY 80's OR 90's SONGS! Hello???? We literally DID YOUR JOB and you still blew it!! Even worse was that he stuttered my name when I walked in for my grand entrance (come on, Denise isn't hard to say!!) and also completely botched our garter/bouquet toss. Since we have like 2 single friends, we wanted to mix it up and had a plan (thoroughly discussed) to call out ALL gentlemen and ALL ladies because whomever caught the garter/bouquet got a prize. What does he do? Calls out "all the single ladies!!" and forgot the awards song. Still ticked off about it, especially since we spent quite a bit of money on him and he was a so-called "veteran". He ultimately seemed nervous and possibly felt that we cramped his style. Well we are paying YOU so YOU should listen to our requests! We tried to make it so easy, we were organized, and are just totally disappointed.

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Michelle S

DJ Vince and the Backthird team were with us every step of the way to ensure our night was flawless. We would highly recommend their services to couples looking for energetic, professional, timely and fun professionals!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Sarah D

The dance floor was never empty! If my guests wanted to talk to me, they had to meet me on the dance floor, since that's where I was the whole night! We would have kept dancing until 2am if the venue let us stay! Thanks so much Kelvon!!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Fallon C

Keaton was absolutely fantastic and so much fun. We got so many compliments from our guests about him. He was fun to work with and had a great personality. I especially enjoyed that he got out on the dance floor and had fun at our wedding WITH us.

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Val C

DJ Keaton was phenomenal! Our families have been raving about how perfect he captured my husband and I's personalities and kept everyone dancing the night away. Everything was absolutely perfect and we owe a large portion of the success of our reception to how well Keaton... Read More listened to our vision. Thank you for making our big day so memorable!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Victoria N

Backthird Entertainment was amazing to work with. They have amazing communication and really made us feel like they were there for us. They helped us with reminders and planning everything that went into our wedding day. I would highly recommend them.

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Helen A

Our DJ Keaton and Twin strings were amazing! They both reached out to me the week before the wedding to arrange all final details. On the day of they were all friendly and sweet and fun to be around. My family complimented Twin Strings to me countless times throughout the night.... Read More They played beautifully and ended their set with the Game of Thrones theme song which was a crowd favorite! Keaton played all the songs that were important to us and he watched the first dances closely so he could fade the songs and the exact times we wanted the dances to end. He was funny and engaging and we really loved having him- he was just like another friend at the party. And of course I have been so pleased to work with Amanda as our account manager.. We have been in such great hands this entire planning process and so much of that was her energy and clear love to help others. We love BackThird!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Julie P

Backthird was great to work with! The DJ for our event arrived with plenty of time to set up, was professional all evening and got everyone on the dance floor!

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Ashley K

Backthird was truly wonderful to work with! Amanda was our account manager and she was always quick to respond to any and all emails. We had DJ TJ and Twin Strings at our wedding a few weeks ago and received so many compliments from our guests. Twin Strings and their music were... Read More absolutely incredible and TJ and his assistant made sure to keep the music flowing and the dance floor packed all night. Amanda, Twin Strings, and DJ TJ helped make our day unforgettable!

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Jonathan R

DJ Kelvon did an AWESOME job at our wedding! He was a true professional and was very attentive to our needs. He did a great job of incorporating music that everyone could enjoy (young and old people alike) and we were very pleased! Everyone was on the dance floor all night! We... Read More highly recommend Backthird and especially Kelvon to all our friends and anyone looking for a DJ in the chicagoland area.

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Katy M

Amanda, Keaton, Dorothy (Gemini Strings) and the Backthird team did a wonderful job with music at our September 2016 wedding. The entire team was incredibly attentive and professional, and spent the time to listen and understand exactly what we wanted for our big day. Everyone... Read More complimented us on the string trio and the fun dance party...we had such a great time, thank you!

Reviewed on 9/04/2016 Amy T

We used Backthird for our wedding reception. For our cocktail hour we had a saxophone and pianist, Dan was easy to work with and everyone enjoyed having live music during the cocktail hour. The DJ we were supposed to have cancelled on us at the last minute (about 1.5 weeks) and... Read More instead DJ Keaton stepped in. The night turned out better than we could have planned and everyone was dancing all night long. He had to reschedule a vacation for us and we really appreciate it. Our venue had difficult acoustics but Keaton made it work! Amanda was our BackThird account manager and she was so helpful throughout the process. She contacted us and kept us informed every step of the way. I would definitely recommend Backthird to others.

Reviewed on 9/03/2016 Charissa N

DJ Stephanie rocked our high school reunion. We talked via cell before the event AND I was able to text her song requests. Super cool lady to work with. Great music. I highly recomend Backthird for your party!!

Reviewed on 8/28/2016 Niki T

I loved working with Backthird. They were so organized, and the planning portal where you can organize your ceremony and reception music was easy to use. People were dancing until they kicked us out! Our DJ made our wedding so much fun!

Reviewed on 8/26/2016

Our venue (Drake Oak Brook) recommended Backthird, and we had an excellent experience with them from start to finish. Leading up to the wedding, Amanda was always available to answer our (many) questions. DJ Vince met with us and was very accommodating of our (many) requests.... Read More And Dorothy was extremely helpful in creating the live music portion that we dreamed of for our big day. On our wedding day, Gemini Strings was incredible --- the live music was just the effect we wanted for our ceremony, cocktail hour and dinner. And later, Vince kept the dance floor packed until the end of the night --- even our 90 year old grandmother didn't want to clear the floor! Overall, we were extremely happy with the personalized service and the professional delivery.

Reviewed on 8/03/2016 Kathy C

Our DJ was Vince & he did such a great job! Our photographer was a little difficult to work with but Vince helped us get the shots we wanted before the photographer had to leave. He rearranging our original plan for the flow of the night with ease. Our dance floor was full the... Read More whole night! I would chose Backthird all over again!

Reviewed on 7/17/2016 Mary Kate M

From the beginning, we were impressed with Backthird. Anna Hammond was phenomenal to work with; incredibly communicative and answered all of our questions. We love how they ask you about what your vision and style is, and then match you with the perfect DJ. Their online planner... Read More also makes it easy to determine what songs you want played when (and what songs you don't want played!) The company is just very on top of wedding planning. Kelvon was just a blast. We met with him a few weeks before the wedding and reviewed exactly what we wanted. He arrived very early the day of the wedding to set up, and was very focussed on the task at hand. He mixed a lot of songs together, which we asked for, and genuinely seemed to enjoy himself. We would absolutely recommend Backthird and Kelvon!

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Kelly D

TJ was the best! Everyone was out on the dance floor the entire night and I could not have had more fun!! Definitely the way to go :)

Reviewed on 7/07/2016 Sarah R

Backthird was wonderful for our wedding! Our original DJ had an unexpected issue, so Kelvon stepped in and made us feel very comfortable. He kept everyone dancing all night, and he was really fun, and very easy to work with. Twin Strings were perfect for our cocktail hour.... Read More Everyone at the wedding really enjoyed them, and it was nice to have something different. They even played "Everlong" for just my husband and I when we were waiting to walk into the reception. Thank you, Backthird, for being so great!

Reviewed on 7/05/2016

My now-husband and I had Kelvon DJ our wedding in mid-June. He and Amanda, our account manager, were delightful to work with. Amanda was in consistent communication with us and was always more than willing to answer our questions. Kelvon helped us figure out our song revisions... Read More and was nothing but fun on the day of the wedding. He did a fantastic job of introducing us before my husband and I entered the reception room. Throughout the night, a number of guests commented on how well he was able to feel the vibe of the room (i.e. - cutting songs short when no one was dancing, etc.). In addition, he played our first dance, the mother/son dance, and the father/daughter dance exactly like we wanted. Our day was absolutely phenomenal, and it couldn't have been a success without Kelvon. The whole Backthird team was a pleasure to work with.

Meet The Manager

Robbie Matteson

Everyone manages a few client accounts at Backthird, but Robbie works with a majority of our wedding couples. That makes him our resident expert on Chicago wedding venues, reception agendas and which DJ is going to do the best job with that obscure family tradition you want to include. Robbie is an amateur penny-whistle player, a former youth pastor and an irredeemable Lord of the Rings geek.