Your wedding will be better than anybody else's!

Booking music for your wedding is hard, especially when all the options seem to be run-of-the- mill DJs, outdated cover bands or local groups that only play obscure originals. But picking the perfect entertainment just got a little easier: Bag of Donuts offers a live music party atmosphere that everyone can groove to, from the flower girl to the father of the bride. We are a New Orleans Party Band that taps into the city’s long tradition of costumes and great music to bring New Orleans to wherever you are. The soundtrack to your special evening will be crafted by highly skilled musicians with a flair for the fantastical and a repertoire of all the classics, from 1960 to 2016. After over 25 years of playing weddings, Bag of Donuts knows how to take your reception to the next level.

$$$$ – Expensive

Live Music, MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment

New Orleans, LA Travel Anywhere (866) 263-6652
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 3/06/2016 Rebecca B

BAG OF DONUTS BLEW EVERYONE AWAY! These guys truly made our reception a party NO ONE will forget. The dance floor was full all night – even as we were second-lining to go home. The amount of energy and fun Bag of Donuts brought to our wedding reception was UNBELIEVABLE. The... Read More toilet paper roll shooters and the confetti also made for AWESOME pictures, too! If you’re looking for exceptional entertainment and can book these guys for your wedding (or see them anywhere they are playing) you definitely will not regret it! HANDS DOWN, BEST WEDDING BAND, and absolutely worth EVERY. SINGLE. PENNY (and more)! P.S. Bag of Donuts isn’t only an awesome and talented band, but they’re also a genuine group of guys. Mr. Jerry actually helped us find the priest for our mass at Immaculate Conception Jesuit Church, as well as our second line band (THANK YOU, again, Mr. Jerry!). We truly could not have asked for a better band to play for our wedding reception!

2016-03-07T14:40:41 Response from the vendor

Anytime the bride and groom request "Dr. Love" by Kiss, you know the the party will be off the charts! How about Fr. Kyle jumping up and singing "Wonderful World"? There were so many moments...Congratulations Dr. & Dr. Prudhome

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Kasey B

MOST AMAZING Wedding Band ever!!! These guys truly know how to throw down and get the party started. Everyone at my wedding from my 85 year old grandfather to my 6 year old niece was on the dancefloor the entire night. They were simply amazing. I cannot recommend them enough.... Read More Also, they were super easy to work with before the wedding. They played all of my favorite songs and provided guidance and recommendations when making my song list. You will have a guaranteed epic and memorable wedding with Bag of Donuts. In the words of my friends "It's not a wedding, it's a concert"

2017-09-29T08:03:50 Response from the vendor

We had a blast too! The father of the bride speech put everybody in an epic party mood and lit a "fireball" under the band to keep it going.

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Haley N

I LITERALLY CAN'T EVEN!!! Bag of Donuts played for our wedding a week and a half ago, and I kid you not it has been the talk of the town ever since. EVERYONE has been telling me it was the best wedding they have ever been to, and that no one would be able to top it. People were... Read More raving about the playlist. One woman leaned over to me and said "this is the EXACT playlist I want for my 50th birthday party" well...they ended up booking the BOD for her 50th bday party. On the VERY first song the dance floor was full, in fact, our venue had to move multiple tables back to double the size of the dance floor because there were so many people on it. We got comments about how it was the perfect mixture of class and FUN. The Bag of Donuts made my wedding everything I ever dreamed of and more. We wanted all of our guests to have a BLAST at our wedding and with the help of the Bag of Donuts, well I can say with 100000% confidence - MISSION ACCOMPLISHED, tenfold! Thank you guys!! We love you!

2017-09-26T14:01:29 Response from the vendor

Thanks for inviting us to your wedding extravaganza! That was an 8 hour event that flew by. We had some of your guests tell us during our break that they usually can't wait to leave a 3 hour reception, but even after 8 hours of... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 CJ S

Bag of Donuts play the reception at our wedding. The entire dance floor was filled for their 3 hour show. Apart from playing great songs and a really nice variety of music, they are fun, energetic, and they get the crowd involved just enough. They bring the party, that's for... Read More sure. Everyone was raving about the bag of donuts during and after the performance. It was far and away the best band I seen at a wedding. Best night of my life. Now we have to get them back in Minneapolis ASAP to play again!

2017-10-02T11:22:22 Response from the vendor

Can't wait to return to Minnesota! The Super Bowl will be held in your hometown in2018 and The Saints are looking good despite you're Vikings killing them on Monday Night Football for week 1. Hmmm....let's start cooking something up! Who Dat? Schuh Dat!!!

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Jim R

If you are looking for that perfect wedding band that pulls out all the stops from Classic 80's Rock, 2000's Pop and Today's Music.....Then look no further. Our wedding was a full-blown concert and all our guests loved it! My wife and I literally danced the night away and we... Read More couldn't have had our reception any other way. My suggestion for a wedding.....lots and lots of LED lights, Light-Up Sunglasses and Glow Sticks, and with Bag of Donuts thrown into the mix, you can't go wrong with that combo! Excellent group of guys, and even better band! Thanks guys!

2017-09-29T07:55:30 Response from the vendor

And what about the "Fireball Go-Pro"....very cool! When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie that's Rumore!!! Ya'll are going to love Thailand!!!

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Dana N

The Bag of Donuts had every guest and every age on the dance floor ALL.NIGHT.LONG. Our guests raved about the band for days and weeks. We even had a guest book them to come back to Minneapolis for their birthday celebration. The energy and talent that they brought is unmatched!... Read More They were so easy to work with from start to finish. They are sure to make ANY wedding, party, or celebration your BEST event yet!

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Tricia C

Attending a wedding with Bag of Donuts as the entertainment and the party never ended. Well it had to end at midnight, but the crowd was roaring for more. It was an amazing night, everybody was dancing and singing along. Bag of Donuts really know how to put on a show and... Read More engage the crowd!!

Reviewed on 6/12/2017

Bag of Donuts played for our daughter's wedding June 3, 2017 in New Orleans. My experience from start to finish was fabulous. Making arrangements with the band's manager, Jerry Christopher, Jr., was very professional and quite timely (he would get back with me right away with... Read More any questions I had when planning the wedding). Also, we wanted a jazz band for the hour prior to The Bag of Donuts, and arrangements were made with Jerry's father for this. A second line was also organized through The Bag of Donuts. There is no supervising this band during their performance, they are on top of it all! Enough about planning the event, The Bag of Donuts are so talented and entertaining. They have a wide range on their playlist and are open to your suggestions too. Book them for your event today if they have an opening!!! Mother-of-the-Bride

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Debra L

Bag of Donuts is a terrific band - great music, engaging, and just plain fun with a crowd. We could not help but dance! So glad they played at the wedding - we had so much fun it should be against the law!

Reviewed on 6/12/2017

I'm the father of a beautiful bride who was married on 3 June 2017 in New Orleans and we made the very wise decision to hire the Bag of Donuts to headline our reception that was held in the Blue Room of the Roosevelt Hotel that evening. What a BLAST everyone had! We had... Read More attendees from all over the U.S. who had never heard of the Donuts beforehand, but now can't wait to see them again. From start to finish, beginning with our very first discussions last year, we found them to be very professionally managed, trustworthy, flexible and reliable. What more can the father of the bride ask for. I have had no hesitancy in recommending them to you and very pleased to do so. Archie T.

2017-06-12T12:39:59 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the review and feedback, Archie. You gotta come on the road with us and do "Sharp Dressed Man"....we brought down the house with that improvisation and it's now a keeper. Your folks were ready to party too!

Reviewed on 4/29/2017 Lindsey S

If having a memorable wedding is most important to you, quite simply you cannot go wrong with Bag of Donuts. These guys were absolutely amazing and set the bar at a whole new level!! They made our reception and the evening. Even our older guests did not want to leave the dance... Read More floor. Their timing was brilliant and they played a fantastic set. Jerry is genuinely one of the nicest and most professional people I have ever worked with. You’re in great hands with Bag of Donuts and they treat your event like it is the most important event they have played. They are worth every penny. Trust them and your wedding will be an unforgettable experience - 100% recommended!!! Matt and Lindsey

2017-05-01T07:43:25 Response from the vendor

Hey Matt and Lindsey: Your reception was like the cast of Ocean's 12 taking a break from their caper to party...what a throw down and we're proud to have been a part of it! BOD

Reviewed on 4/08/2017 Kasey S

For starters, there are not enough stars on here to accurately represent how amazing Bag of Donuts is in general...let alone for a wedding! I’ve always been a huge fan and knew they were key to making the wedding reception of my dreams! They posted on Facebook before our big day... Read More that they would “send our reception into the stratosphere” and they did exactly that and beyond! BOD always exudes this energy that is nothing but contagious! You can’t help but whip out your party pants and boogie shoes when they play! All of our guests were feeling that BOD magic at our wedding! Throughout wedding planning, you have so many details to worry about and little stressors here and there. One aspect I knew I would never even have to think twice about was the band. I knew I could count on BOD to deliver and I was positive they would be absolutely phenomenal. That being said, BOD by far exceeded how great I knew they would be! I envisioned my wedding with a packed dance floor and my guests having the time of their lives. That is exactly the atmosphere BOD created! Our dance floor was blowing up the entire time! Our guests didn't want it to end even after 4 hours of nonstop dancing! The dance floors at most weddings you go to usually fill up towards the end when the party just starts to get going. If BOD is your band, the party starts the second they step on stage and doesn't stop! They are nothing but a good time and bring the best vibes to the crowd wherever they play. It’s obvious they enjoy what they do and that shines in their performance. Throughout the night, and still now even after the wedding, we are being flooded with compliments on how fabulous the band was. Our guests said they have literally never had so much fun at a wedding before and that’s all thanks to BOD! These guys are truly one of a kind. Incredibly entertaining on stage and a double whammy…they are super cool off the stage too! They are personable, easy to work with, and overall just fun! BOD, we can’t thank y’all enough for “sending our reception into the stratosphere!” We can’t wait for y’all to play at our future wedding anniversaries/parties! #BOD4life Love, Mr. & Mrs. David Simon

2017-04-10T17:28:41 Response from the vendor

We had a faaaantastic time with you and your guests as well. Thanks for review and coming to continue the celebration at French Quarter Fest. Wedding, Honeymoon, and then FQF. Ya'll some party animals, and ya'll sure know how to party.

Reviewed on 2/22/2017 Melinda H

This was my one and only time to be a MOB, and BOD made our reception at The Jaxson so absolutely incredibly perfect and fun! Jerry was always available and open to our ideas and preferences in our planning phases and incorporated what we wanted beautifully into what they do... Read More naturally anyway...GET all of us on the dance floor and celebrating in great musical style! I can't thank all of you enough for making our wedding celebration so fun! And big shout out to our priest...Father Kyle Dave....!!!! Who delivered the most beautiful homily at Ashley & Matthew's marriage ceremony and then delivered on stage with BOD in the most Wonderful Worldly Way! Thanks again! See you SOON!!!!

2017-02-23T07:11:24 Response from the vendor

We appreciate the feedback, Melinda. Lots of highlights for us too, particularly "Chantilly Lace." You think we could bring Fr. Kyle and coach on the road? They really know how to keep a party going.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Mike S

Simply put, BOD sets the bar so high no other band can reach it. No matter the number in the crowd, 20, 200 or 2000, these guys keep the same energy and showmanship. My daughter and her husband and all of those that attended will never forget this party!!! We actually... Read More had people coming off the street asking to join us and wanted contact info so they too could live a night like we had. I can't wait to see you guys again! Much respect!! Mike

2016-10-31T15:34:40 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the endorsement Mike. That felt like more like a festival or frat party than an intimate reception with your closest family and friends. We knew it was going to be a throw down and the food off the charts. One question: Who's faces... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/04/2016 Sarah S

Bag of Donuts played at my wedding reception and they were an absolute BLAST!! If you want your wedding band to pump up the crowd, engage with your guests, and keep the party going, this is your band. I had been to a few BOD concerts around town and was worried my wedding... Read More reception would end up being more of a concert atmosphere than a wedding band, but it wasn't that way AT ALL. The band did a great job interacting with the crowd. They also do a fantastic job accommodating special requests. My family has a tradition of dancing/singing along to Sweet Caroline, so I requested the band play it twice, once toward the beginning to pack the floor and once towards the end just for fun. They also did a great job accommodating the special first dances. I emailed them the songs ahead of time and they had them ready to go via ipod or something when it was time. I would absolutely recommend this band for anyone who wants a fun, upbeat, party-like reception. They know their stuff, are prompt with email responses, and extremely helpful in planning the musical aspect of your wedding reception.

Reviewed on 7/23/2016

Awesome performance. The highlight of the wedding reception. Very professional with the whole event from start to finish.

Reviewed on 6/08/2016

If you're looking for an unbelievably fun party, just stop looking and book the Bag of Donuts! Their song selections (both old and new) were perfect, and were performed with the kind of enthusiasm that only comes from people who really enjoy what they're doing. I think the... Read More band may have had as much fun as we did! We all danced and sang from the first note to the last encore. These guys helped make our reception the best night of our lives, and we've been told by most of our guests that it was the most fun wedding they've ever attended. Jerry was an absolute pleasure to work with from the first phone call, and the entire band made us all feel like we were hanging out with the band instead of just listening to them. Bag of Donuts did everything they promised and more, professionally and stress-free. You will not regret a night with these guys -- and please, invite us to the party!

2016-06-08T21:39:10 Response from the vendor

You are correct Mr. and Mrs. Maddox....we had a blast too. Those Photo Booth pics are a riot. We appreciate your endorsement and have to add that the bride pulled off a spectacular firework show as a surprise during the intermission which just took the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/20/2016 Kate C

Bag of Donuts has been one of my favorite party bands since I was in high school so, now as an adult and wedding planner, to find out that they perform at weddings is just a dream come true! We had our first wedding together on April 9, 2016 and they were everything that a... Read More wedding planner could ask for. They were prompt in responding to emails and phone calls and incredibly organized on their end - you don't find this with all bands. On the wedding day, they brought the house down! The dance floor was PACKED from start to finish. Speaking of the finish - the crowd was just not having it - they did not want the party to end! The cheered for an encore and boy, did they deliver! They pulled out Callin' Baton Rouge and rocked it! I can't wait to work with Bag Of Donuts again and again!

2016-04-21T09:18:18 Response from the vendor

Kate Cook, you did an amazing job too and it was a pleasure working with you as well. Every wedding we are a part is rocking, but this was the first time we have ever seen a bride and groom crowd surfing while sitting in... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/12/2016 Danyele G

Bag of Donuts is the BEST BAND IN NEW ORLEANS!!! Our wedding was a blast and the band set the tone. The BOD were the first vendor that I booked. I actually booked them before officially booking the church and the reception because we wanted to make sure that they were a part of... Read More our big day. We have seen them play countless times over the years and I am so glad that we were able to have them for our wedding. They will not disappoint. Very professional and an absolute pleasure to work with. All I asked of them was: 1. Make sure they were in full BOD attire ;) and 2. Play whatever they thought would keep everyone dancing the whole night. And they did just that and more. EVERYONE was dancing, having a great time, and smiling from ear to ear. EVERYONE, even the staff at the reception! I received many compliments about how fun our wedding was, even months after. Our wedding was a BLAST and it all has to do with the BOD. They were so much fun! I can't wait to have another big event, just to have them play!

2016-04-13T06:52:40 Response from the vendor

Thanks Danyele. Your wedding was a blast for us too. Hope to see you and Christopher at a show soon...festival season is here. Ya'll pease swing by and say hello and give our best to Jimmy too.

Reviewed on 3/22/2016 danielle c

All I can say is WOW!!!! Bag of Donuts was the perfect band for our perfect wedding! We were looking for a fun band to keep guests on the dance floor for the entire night and we picked the right band. They kept us dancing until the very end. They had people on the dance... Read More floor that never dance. My groom and I had the best time ever. My in laws were a little skeptical when I told them about the band I hired. The morning after the wedding she told me I couldn't have chosen a better band. By far the best wedding ever!! The band members interacted with the crowd and they worked with us with every detail. We got married 11 days ago and we still have not stopped getting messages about how fun our wedding was and how great the band was. They were very professional, and made all my special requests happen. We would definitely request them to any of our family and friends for their wedding or any event and I can't wait for my next event. They will definitely be there.

2016-03-22T13:31:34 Response from the vendor

Danielle, everybody in the room was smiles the entire night, and nothing makes us happier that a beaming bride and groom along with the in-laws. We had a blast with Zoe too. Thanks for sending the pics.

Reviewed on 3/13/2016 Molly H

Bag of Donuts made our wedding reception unforgettable and so much fun! Their energy helped everyone relax and have a good time - from our teenage cousins to our 80 year old grant aunt. We got so many compliments from our guests about what a blast the band was. They were also... Read More courteous and communicative in planning for the event. I'd highly recommend Bag of Donuts!

2016-03-14T07:04:10 Response from the vendor

Hey Molly and Raphael, thanks for the review. Quick shout out to Paris for singing the first dance. What a way to kick it off!

Reviewed on 3/09/2016 Rose R

Best band around!!! They played at my daughters wedding and everyone had a blast!! So many people approached us weeks after the wedding on how much of a great time they had and loved the band! They interacted with the guest and made the night so memorable. We could not have... Read More chosen a better band for our daughter's wedding. The entire band went above and beyond...Would highly recommend them for any function!!

Reviewed on 3/08/2016

We had Bag of Donuts at our daughter's wedding. We hated for the night to end!!!! Everyone had a fantastic time and we were told it was the best wedding they had ever been to. Our family and friends were still talking about the wedding a week later about how much fun they had.

Reviewed on 3/07/2016

Jerry, Rebecca and Matthew’s reception was sensational. The music was great. You guys had the wedding couple and our guests so engaged. Our guests still tell us it was the best wedding ever. My heart is full knowing my daughter and her husband had such a fantastic... Read More time. Wanda (The mother of the bride)

Reviewed on 3/03/2016

Bag of Donuts was the best wedding band we could have hoped for. Everyone was on the dance floor from the time they started playing. The costumes were perfect and the music kept everyone involved. They have a great range of music from classic rock to pop. The band members were... Read More very professional and showed up on time and ready to rock! People still talk about our wedding and Bag of Donuts. They definitely set a benchmark hard to top. Don't forget to add the toilet paper gun!!

Meet The Manager

Jerry Christopher, Jr.

Jerry Christopher, Jr. is the Band Manager and Bassist for Bag Of Donuts. Growing up with a guitar in his hand, this 3rd generation musician and band leader learned very young that a performance is about the audience, not the performer(s). Since 1988, Jerry has booked and performed thousands of shows leaving most of those audiences craving more and still finds plenty of time to spend with his wife and children. Jerry also has a 15 year career as an independent financial services professional and insurance agent. Businessman by day...Rock-Star by night...Family Man Always.