Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Cakes + Desserts

Bow2010

3503 Courthouse Road, Richmond, VA (804) 745-0441

Reviewed on 11/09/2015 Samantha S

My husband and I were very excited when we booked Baker's Kitchen for our wedding but a few things happened with them that made our experience with them not so great. When we initially met with them we had expressed interest in having one of the layers of our cake be pumpkin... Read More and asked if they could do that, if not, it wasn't a problem. The lady we were working with said let me talk to the baker and see what she said. She came back and told us the baker was willing to try it out but we would need to taste it before our wedding date to ensure we were okay with it. If not, we would just choose another flavor for that layer. Jump months in advance and they call and tell me they cannot do pumpkin and no one talked to the baker but at the end of our phone call after I reiterated what was on our receipt about the pumpkin cake she changed her tone and went back to the original agreement. Jump to our wedding night and I finally get around to eating what should be pumpkin spice cake and find that Baker's Kitchen didn't even give us the right cake flavor. These experiences that we had with them are what drives us to give them a 3.5 out of five stars. Don't get me wrong, the cake is delicious and our cake was beautiful but we didn't get what we paid for and had unnecessary stress caused by them.

Tasty and Beautiful

Reviewed on 2/01/2015 Brandi N

We used Baker's Kitchen in Chesterfield for our rehearsal cake as well as our wedding cake. The rehearsal cake had our two dogs drawn on in icing- it turned out fantastic and the detail was unreal! Our wedding cake turned out tasty and beautiful. I only have one complaint- that... Read More is because one of the lines of icing that went around the cake was not straight...I'm a bit of a perfectionist. Other than that, everything was great. During our meeting I had specific ideas. I wanted a 3 tier cake and I wanted ribbon around the bottom. Well, they suggested I not do that, because the ribbon would have to come off to cut the cake and would only be on for a short time. I hadn't thought of that, and was happy they pointed that out. I suggested we do a ribbon made of icing, and it turned out great. We were happy the way it turned out!

Wedding Cake Gone Wrong

Reviewed on 6/25/2014 Danielle L

We were planning an out of town wedding. My husband and I met with the woman in charge of handling the wedding cakes in January of this year. We went over all of the designs and colors and left feeling excited. Of all things in the wedding, I was most excited about the cake... Read More because I'd never seen one like it before. The day before the wedding, they called and wanted to deliver it 30 minutes before the wedding started. After arguing back and forth, they agreed to drop it off an hour and a half before. My husband ended up seeing it before the ceremony...three layers, ALL WHITE! The middle layer was supposed to be ombre of our wedding colors. The topper I had my mom take them was no where to be found. And no cake decorator on site as promised. My husband, my mother, and my father in law tried calling before the ceremony and could not be connected through to the woman in charge, and did not receive a call back. The cake tasted AMAZING, but I would never trust them with something as important to me as a wedding cake ever again.

Great Groom's Cake

Reviewed on 6/16/2014 Alexis R

At the last minute, I decided to surprise my fiance with a groom's cake as our dessert at the rehearsal dinner. The people at Baker's Kitchen were friendly and able to help me out just two weeks before the rehearsal dinner. They worked with my design thoughts and were able to... Read More turn out a fantastic looking cake that tasted great too!

the best wedding cake ever!

Reviewed on 6/14/2014 Brenda b

Affordable, tasty and eye catching!

Delicious cake!

Reviewed on 2/04/2014 Lesley-ann R

My wedding cake was amazing! It was so delicious and looked exactly like the picture we provided! There was a little snafu with the ribbon, but they made it work and it looked great!

Wonderful Wedding Cake Baker

Reviewed on 1/09/2014 Kristy J

Baker's Kitchen made our most delicious three tier cake (fresh strawberry on the bottom, lemon in the middle and almond on top). We had a great/relaxing tasting session before choosing flavors. I like the fact they will be giving us a cake on our one year anniversary.

Perfect Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 12/30/2013 Jennifer M

My groom and I had a vision for our wedding cake and Baker's Kitchen did it better than we thought! It was beautiful and exactly what we wanted! They were very easy to work with and the cake was delicious!

Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 7/24/2013 Stephanie C

We enjoyed working with Baker's Kitchen for our wedding cake and LOVED the cake at the wedding!

Wonderful

Reviewed on 7/16/2013 Lindsay

My fiance and I ordered a 3 tier wedding cake. I took an image from Pinterest to the tasting and they were able to modify it and make it our own. We chose two almond flavor tiers and a chocolate tier, and that was the best decision! Every one of our guests LOVED our cake!

great job

Reviewed on 5/23/2013 Hanna Z

a fine bakery. good service.

Yummy!

Reviewed on 4/25/2013 Kara G

Cake was delicious! The lady that designs the cakes made my cake from what I told her I wanted, with no pictures and drew it up herself and it was beautiful. Very nice to work with.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 3/29/2013 Sarah H

Bakers Kitchen created our dream wedding cake. They were able to fully grasp exactly what we had in mind and delivered a beautiful and delicious cake!! We loved it and so did our guests. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a bakery for their wedding.

Great cake!

Reviewed on 11/05/2012 Chamise J

Thier cakes are delish!I wanted a cake that not only looked phenomenal, but tasted great as well. My was all of the above. They aren't that great with out of the box type of designs, but you'll have a cake that tastes great!

Awesome!

Reviewed on 11/03/2012 Erika W

Love my cake + it was so tasty! Awesome company!

A pretty pink cake!

Reviewed on 11/02/2012 Emily B

Baker's Kitchen did an outstanding job in creating my dream cake. I had searched the internet and found a cake that I fell in love with. They were able to recreate this for me in our wedding colors. Cake was delicious and grooms cake looked great too!

Amazing Groom's Cake!

Reviewed on 10/19/2012 Maria S

I used Baker's Kitchen for a groom's cake for my husband. I wanted to surprise my husband with a cake that looks like our dog. I brought in a few pictures and talked to them about it and the finished cake was 100x better than I could have ever imagined!! The cake looked exactly... Read More like our dog and was delicious. Baker's Kitchen was friendly, professional and easy to work with ( I worked with Brandi). I highly recommend Baker's Kitchen for a grooms cake and wedding cake. The only reason we didn't go with them for the wedding cake was because it was included in the venue package.

Best cake I have ever had

Reviewed on 10/15/2012 Lauren T

I want to eat this everyday!! Can't wait to eat the top tier!!!!

Delicious AND Gorgeous Cake!!

Reviewed on 10/11/2012 Lori B

We used Baker's Kitchen for our wedding cake and it was amazing!! We met with Jean and she gave us little test bites of each flavor - we immediately loved the almond flavor cake. We also decided to have a layer of red velvet cake as that's my personal favorite. The cake was a... Read More 3 tier square and it was just gorgeous. They worked with our florist to add the fresh flowers and topper to our cake and placed it on a nice board with ribbon edging that matched our colors. Everyone loved the cake and since we didn't keep our topper we had some leftover which we got to take home and enjoy before leaving for our honeymoon. Great cake, great prices!!

Out of the box design came true

Reviewed on 9/25/2012 Sherron S

When I went to Baker's Kitchen with my design, they assured me it could be done although they had never designed a cake like mine before. My cake had 4 tiers with the 3rd tier being cake pops. They were able to design my cake as such and it turned out beautiful. Everyone there,... Read More especially Jan are great to work with.

bride

Reviewed on 8/28/2012 Meghan D

Loved the cake! It was delicious and beautiful. Thank you for making the cake for the wedding such an easy experience!

Best cake by far!

Reviewed on 7/10/2012 Amy W

Brandie was great to work with and the cake was absolutely delicious! My guests were raving! The cake looked so beautiful that I didn't want to cut into it. I went to 2 expos sampling every cake and this was by far the best!

Chose this vendor for the cakes only!

Reviewed on 6/25/2012 Holly R

I chose this vendor for the cakes only! I realized closer to my wedding that the service towards customers/brides is not good.

My cake was beautiful!

Reviewed on 6/24/2012 Cristina C

My cake looked amazing! I had a 3-tier square cake with black and silver swirl designs and purple flowers on each tier. Also had black bands around the bottom of each layer. Exactly how I pictured it! It tasted great too, at least the part that was smeared across my face.... Read More All the guests liked it as well, we had a mint chocolate layer, a vanilla layer, and a peanut butter and chocolate later.

Delicious!

Reviewed on 6/11/2012 Carrie M

Bakers Kitchen did a wonderful job with our wedding cake. And most importantly, it was very delicious!