Bakery Gingham

(22)

Columbus, OH

Cupcakes, Cakes and Dessert Buffets

Show your personal style with our many wedding dessert options! We will help you create the wedding of your dreams, no matter what your budget. Planning shouldn't be a chore, so give us a call and let the fun begin!

$$$

189 Thurman Ave, Columbus, OH

Delicious and flexible

6/30/2012 Elisabeth C

I got cupcake centerpieces for my wedding. The staff was super helpful in choosing flavors, we could have as many flavors as we wanted and they were delicious (a month later we still are getting comments about their deliciousness). My only small problem with them was that, for whatever reason not all the stands arrived at the reception location, so some of the cupcakes were not on stands in the center of the table. If you are looking for amazing tastiness, however, this is the place to go. Make sure to taste the Buckeye cupcakes!

The BEST cake I've EVER had!

7/06/2012 Kim D

Bakery Gingham did such a wonderful job of making our dream wedding cake display a reality (and it tasted even better than it looked)! We wanted to have lots of variety for our guests, so went with a cake/cupcake combination. We ended up with seven different cake flavors that all tasted amazing! They also let us borrow a cake stand and six matching cupcake stands to make it all come together. They were so flexible with our indecisiveness and made everything look and taste great in the end! Looking forward to visiting them every year for a cupcake on our anniversary :)

Delicious! Our crowd went home happy!!

10/29/2011 Ashley B

I am SO happy we went with Bakery Gingham for our wedding reception! I wanted a lot of variety in the cake at our wedding, so I thought it would be perfect to do cupcakes! We went back and forth between companies, but we loved the flavors available at Bakery Gingham. We had a fall wedding and chose Buckeye Nation, Twice Chai, Apple Streusel, and Pumpkin Roll for our flavors. Before the wedding, they called us and discusses what kinds of colors and decorations we wanted for our cupcakes. Bakery Gingham delivered the cupcakes and brought cupcake pedestals and set up the whole cake table for us. It was BEAUTIFUL! We were so happy with the set up. And our guests loved the cupcakes! Would recommend them to anyone!

Unaccommodating and rude!

8/31/2012 Jennifer C

I contacted Bakery Gingham to schedule a cake tasting. The hours they provide are unaccommodating for anyone who works full time. When I said it was difficult for me to schedule something before 6 PM I was told 'most people make planning their wedding a priority!'. We have decided to go with Piece of Cake in the Short North which makes fabulous cakes and has been very easy to work with and accommodating.

Best Ever!!

5/12/2012 Lauren H

After speeches, I was expecting a lot of people on the dance floor ready to get down (we had a live band and that usually gets people dancing) however, I looked out onto a sea of people actually sitting down and eating the cake!!! Guests said to me "you shouldn't have had such a delicious cake if you wanted people to get up and dance right away!" It was delicious cake :)

Best Bakery in Columbus!

4/14/2013 sascha n

I have been to this bakery several times for their cupcakes, and loved them. This was in my top 2 for my wedding cake, and my #1 lost out before I even scheduled a tasting because of their attitude. I scheduled 4 tasting, and this was the second and last stop. I wanted a non-traditional flavor cake, and had come up with 2 flavors I really wanted. When I walked in the door the staff was extremely helpful and friendly, and to my amazement... one of their cupcake flavor that day was one of the flavors I wanted for my cake, Destiny! Their price for a custom flavor was the same as everyone else's traditional flavors, and their cakes were absolutely delicious. if you can try the Short & Stout. Chocolate stout cake with a chocolate stout ganache with bailey's buttercream frosting.

Superb!

3/26/2011 Pam M

We have had nothing but amazing service w Bakery Gingham, from the first few emails to the wedding cake to now placing various cake orders for other events. We went for our tasting and tasted some extremely scrumptious flavors. We are now lifelong fans! We have stopped by numerous times just to get some cupcakes We had a themed wedding cake (fire truck) and it was a hit at our wedding!! Bakery Gingham did a great job w all the fine details and the presentation was superb. We received many compliments on the cake and the taste too! Best wedding cake I've ever tasted. We were extremely pleased w our wedding cake from Bakery Gingham and would highly recommend them!

Best Bite of Cake!

9/24/2011 Melanie M

Although my husband and I only had the bite of cake during the cutting, it was everything we had hoped for. We did the traditional look of a cake but the cake/icing was like a pumpkin roll, all of our guests loved it! Cant wait for our first anniversary to eat a whole piece :) Definetely have it delivered, it was well worth it, and it looked perfect!

wedding cake

8/06/2011 Jessica L

great tasting cakes and cupcakes, but the pricetag was too high for us

delicious

6/18/2011 Annette E

We spoke with Amanda and she was so helpful and recreated something we saw in a magazine. In fact, she did it better!! the cake was so good and actually we had three different flavors in our cake and the coconut with coconut buttercream... DELICIOUS! would recommend for sure!

Wonderful!

6/18/2011 Annie M

Our cake was beautiful and delicious! And the owner and staff couldn't have been more helpful. Highly recommend!

Yummy!

5/29/2011 Cherie R

The cupcakes were a hit and they were very easy to work with!

amazing cupcake tower!

4/09/2011 Tiffany W

We loved our cupcake tower! 5 different flavors. Colors were beautifully matched and tasted amazing!

LOVE

5/14/2010 Becky R

Amanda is amazing. My husband and I had called a few other locations and none were nearly as friendly and helpful as Amanda. She is extremely talented and was able to work within our budget. Our wedding was in May 2010 and we still receive tons of compliments on our cake. It was absolutely beautiful...it fit our rustic theme perfectly :) I can't forget to mention the taste...the cake is as delicious as her cupcakes...just yum! I appreciated the fact that I was able to check "cake" off my list after one, short meeting. Bakery Gingham took care of everything for this super picky bride.

The best ever!

10/09/2010 Jessica W

We used Bakery Gingham for our wedding that was this past October! Bakery Gingham was the first bakery that I met with and I didn't want to go anywhere else! As soon as I met Amanda, the owner, I knew that this where i wanted our wedding cake to be made. She was very flexible, fun and personable! Amanda's personality was very down to earth and easy to get along with:) Not only was she great to work with, but the cake tastes amazing!!! The cake is very moist and flavorful and the icing is creamy and very delicious! We still go back and get the cupcakes to get our Bakery Gingham fix! I recommend Bakery Gingham not only for a wedding but any occasion that you have going on!

Best frosting ever.......

12/11/2010 Jamie F

Our event coordinator at COSI had suggested Bakery Gingham. So we went there after at consult/tour at COSI and feel in LOVE. Our cupcakes/cake were the first thing we secured for the wedding. We had themed tables so we got themed cupcakes to match them! They were amazing! We had a little cake made for us to cut into. When we fed cake to each other we both commented on how great the frosting was. Bakery Gingham is always a favorite to stop into when we are up in Columbus. Highly recommended for any event, wedding, or if you are in the mood for a cupcake!

DELICIOUS!

10/09/2010 Aubrey U

I had cupcakes for our wedding and they were amazing!... great customer service.

All I can say is Yumm-O!!!

9/11/2010 Raven D

This bakery is known for their cupcakes but their wedding cakes are to die for as well. I did my research and this bakery was not only better tasting but the price tag was nice as well!! They now have two locations one off of Thurman Ave and one in the Short North... call and schedule a taste testing and you will be SOLD!!!

THE BEST TASTING WEDDING CAKE EVER!!!!

8/20/2010 Christy S

Amanda Ellis is the owner of this wonderful bakery and the nicest person you will ever meet!! Her cakes are even more amazing! I have been to hundreds of weddings and dozens of bridal shows and none of the cake I have ever had could hold a candle to flavor & freshness of her cakes. She completely designed my cake just as I wished it to be no problem! The price was also VERY reasonable. I had several guests at my reception ask me where I had purchased my cake because it was the best tasting wedding cake that they had ever had. I would HIGHLY recommend her to any Bride or anyone else needing a wonderful cake for a special occasion!! -Christy Stuhldreher Turner, Columbus, OH

Amazing Bakers

6/04/2010 Marianne R

When deciding on a desert for my wedding I was pretty clueless about what I wanted expect for the fact that I wanted cupcakes. They made the most delicious cupcakes I've ever had, and when it came to designing our personal cake I told them I liked birds and would like something like two sparrows on top, and gave them our wedding colors and they created the cutest cake I've ever seen! Very memorable.

Most delicious cupcakes

7/04/2010 Sarah P

Being an out of town bride, I having vendors who were reliable was very important. When I drove the 9 hours up to Ohio around the holidays, I wanted to meet with some vendors. Bakery Gingham was one of the few bakeries open on the date I was there. Amanda was ready for us when we got there, and we got to try 5 cupcakes at no cost and take the halves we didn't eat home. We wanted to book them right there, but we went to a few other places in town. A few weren't open and the ones that were didn't even compare to the cupcakes at Bakery Gingham. Not only is the flavor in the icing like most places, but it is throughout the entire cupcake part as well. Plus, they have soooo many fun and unique flavors to choose from. We were quickly sold. The arrived promptly the day of and set-up the cupcake tower. Our guests just loved it, and really devoured the cupcakes! Many people still talk about our "gourmet" cupcakes!

Fantastic Cake

6/06/2010 Eric D

Amanda is an awesome baker and an awesome person. She has a great personality and style that makes her perfect as a baker. She delivered our cake the day of and we were amazed that she did a lot of the decorating on site, but it looked fantastic. It was exactly the way we wanted it, not to mention that she's a really cool person as well. We actually got engaged in her shop in German Village and have been so happy to have her involved in the wedding, too. Definitely go with her if you're looking!

Send Email