Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100

Hawthorne, NY (914) 487-4744

Reviewed on 7/20/2017 Samantha S

Trish was a fantastic dance instructor! She helped my husband and I with our dance "stand by me" for our wedding on July 2nd 2017. She was patient and made our dance feel really special. I didn't want anything too over the top, we just wanted to look like we knew what we were... Read More doing! She is a great listener and we are very fortunate to know her. Cant wait to work with her again!

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Samantha B

I couldn't more strongly recommend Trish at Ballroom Expressions . We had one back to back dance lesson with her a week before our wedding (due to our own poor planning) and were simply hoping to be able to sway back and forth respectably. But Trish had planned out a simple... Read More fun routine (and even edited our song down and gave us an MP3 to use for the wedding day) that we were able to master quickly. More than anything she was fun to work with and genuinely cared about our wedding day and how the dance went. She texted me a congratulations on the day of the wedding wishing us good luck and followed up afterwards to see how the dance went. I know when we looked into dance lessons there were a bunch of groupons for places that wanted to get you in and out, I'm so glad we went with Trish instead, and honestly, the price difference is so insignificant relative to one of the most important parts of your wedding.

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Kim B

Trish was such a great teacher and created an awesome routine. We really enjoyed taking lessons and she was always available and eager to help. Would highly recommend! People are still talking about our dance.

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Jon M

Trish was absolutely amazing. I went into my first lesson with zero skill and even less confidence on the dance floor, and by the time we were done with lessons I was the best I have ever been. Not only did she choreograph an amazing dance, but the lessons I learned have given... Read More me confidence on the dance floor I've never had before. I would absolutely recommend Trish to anybody who wants dance lessons before a wedding ten times out of ten.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Meg H

I don't dance - but I'm getting married on November 25 of this year so it turns out I'm going to have to dance. My dad doesn't dance either. I promised him I'd sign us up for dance lessons - and then filed it away with a long list of other wedding related things that I was... Read More putting off until I had more time to do them (FYI - you NEVER have more time to do these things). When I finally got around to sorting out dance lessons there was a lot to tackle - I live in Washington, DC and my dad lives in Westchester County, NY. My fiancé and I are getting married in northern Virginia and my time in NY over the next few months would be fairly limited. I used the Knot's mobile app to reach out to as many dance studios and instructors as I could. Trish, from Ballroom Expressions was the first person who responded (within minutes). It seemed way too good to be true, she was available, excited to work with us and willing to take us on even though I explained that we were both terrible dancers. While I appreciated Trish's enthusiasm I was very I said - I don't dance....and Trish seemed to be having trouble understanding how great the challenge ahead of her actually ways. I was completely, totally and utterly wrong. Trish is a miracle worker. Somehow Trish managed to transform my father and I into dance machines. She broke things down into manageable chunks, she explained things to us again and again (and again and again). I'm sure we've been the most challenging father/daughter duo she has ever had step foot in her studio but she met us with such grace that it put us both at ease. There aren't enough words to express what Trish has managed to accomplish in just five sessions with us. My dad and I are both amazed at how far we have come. Aside from her technical skill and expertise (she is quite literally an expert) Trish is such a wonderful person that spending time with her has been a pure joy. My dad and I have looked forward to every lesson and we have both enjoyed the time that we have spent learning from Trish. I have been taking lessons in DC with my fiance as well and I can tell you that Trish's style, knowledge and technique is far superior to the other instructors. I have learned more about dancing than I ever thought I would, and more than I ever thought I wanted to....but it has all been a wonderful experience. At first I thought it was all chance - that Trish just happened to respond first which is why we wound up signing up for classes with her but as I have gotten to know Trish I have come to a new understanding. Trish is beyond dedicated to her work and her students. She sends reminders about upcoming lessons in a way that does not create another "to do" item on a bride's long list of things to do. Her emails or texts are informative and to the point and it is always nice to hear from her. In terms of scheduling she is able to provide instruction at two different locations (Danubry and Hawthorne) and she has been super easy to schedule with. I cannot put all of Trish's wonderfullness into words - I can say that I am lucky to have had her involved in such an important part of my special day. I only wished that she was local to DC and my fiance and I could have signed up for lessons with her as well...other instructors really do not compare. I would recommend her to any bride for either the father/daughter dance or the first dance with their new husband!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Kristen M

We took one dance lesson with Patricia to prep for our wedding. She was so pleasant and helpful right off the bat, and listened to our song beforehand and came with ideas for the perfect step for us. We learned so much in the 45 minute lesson and had a lot of fun! I would... Read More strongly reccomend Ballroom Expression for couples wanting to prep for their first dance.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 John H

I suggested my daughter sign us up for dance lessons at Arthur Murray or Fred Astaire. It turns out they were difficult to get a hold of and we wound up signed up for lessons with Patricia at Ballroom Expression. As someone who is not a dancer I was a little worried that the... Read More father/daughter dance would not go off without a hitch. Patricia quickly put those concerns at ease. In just five lessons my daughter and I found ourselves dancing across the floor with ease and enjoying ourselves. At our most recent lesson Patricia took a video of my daughter and I dancing to the song we will dance to at her wedding. When we shared it with my wife later that day she was so moved that she insisted we sign up for lessons as well. Patricia is easy to work with, and she breaks things down into manageable pieces so that non-dancers are able to understand. I have great confidence that the dance with my daughter will be a show stopper - all thanks to Patricia!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Carrie D

My husband and I knew we wanted to have a choreographed first dance. We wanted to surprise our guests with our dance moves. We met Trish at the bridal show at Ethan Allen (which ironically ended up being our venue) and we hit it off with her and decided to start our lessons with... Read More her over the summer. She did a great job with explaining the moves to us. I was not as comfortable with the idea of taking dance lessons as my husband was. But she reassured me and made me feel very comfortable doing something I was initially uncomfortable with. She cut down the song we chose to dance to our first dance to about 3 minutes since it was well over 4 minutes in length. Although we were very nervous during our first dance we were much comfortable knowing exactly what it is we were supposed to do for each move. We transposed a few steps during our actual first dance but no one knew but us and we didn't let it stop us in our tracks. I would highly suggest taking dance lessons with Trish! She is a great teacher and is very patient with newbies learning steps, and counting beats and learning everything she already is a pro at.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Jacqueline D

Such a wonderful experience. We were so nervous for our first dance but Trish was great! She taught us a beautiful first dance and made sure that we were comfortable every step of the way. Thanks for making our first dance so special and memorable!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Lynne B

My husband and I were not sure what we wanted to do for our first dance, all we knew was that we didn't want to be the couple up there swaying and counting the seconds until others joined us or the song ended. We had picked our song and came across Ballroom Expressions from a... Read More search on the Knot. As soon as I spoke to Trish on the phone to book our first dance lesson, I knew she was going to be so much fun to work with and create the perfect first dance for us. We had a total of 6 lessons and during every one of them, we felt how dedicated and genuinely excited Trish was in making our dance special to us as a couple. We always ended the lessons feeling so accomplished and surprised at how fast they flew by! We had a blast working with her and highly recommend her lessons if you are looking for the most wonderful teacher and dance all in one. I'm already trying to plan when else we can do a choreographed dance! Thank you again Trish!!

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Jenna M

Trish was absolutely amazing and choreographed a perfect first dance for us! My husband wanted it to look natural, while I wanted to have fun moves. She came up with something that we both loved and went perfectly with our song! We really enjoyed going to each of our classes,... Read More looking forward to what we were going to learn next. We are so grateful we decided to take lessons with Ballroom Expression, and have a dance that we will remember forever.

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Daniela N

she is a fantastic person wonderful your work is just beautiful a very responsible and serious teacher, learned straight and did not ugly, all our guests loved

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Jessica S

We were referred to ballroom expressions by a friend. We contacted Trish 10 weeks before our big day and told her we wanted to take 6 dance lessons. She was really great at teaching us based on a song that we had previously chosen and she worked with us at our speed! Best part... Read More was the 6th dance lesson was at our wedding venue which worked wonderfully because we needed to make a couple of minor changes to make sure everyone got to see the highlights of our dance. It was a wonderful experience and we would definitely recommend for any couple looking to have some fun and bond during a very hectic time!!

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 C S

Trish at Ballroom Expression is an excellent teacher! We weren't planning on taking dance lessons for our wedding, but we met Trish at a wedding expo and after speaking with her, decided to give it a try. We've been having so much fun with the lessons that we've decided to... Read More continue them after the wedding. More importantly is that through Trish's patience and guidance, we were able to work through some of our nervousness and insecurity about being able to pull off a first dance and be successful. We were married in July and our first dance was perfect! We had fun, looked good, and now have another wonderful memory of our day. If you want to learn how to dance in a stress-free and enjoyable way, Ballroom Expression is money well-spent. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 6/19/2016 Rachel B

Trish is a great Dance Instructor!! I highly recommend her. I originally reached out to her because my husband and I had no experience dancing and wanted to feel confident during our first dance. Trish taught us in pieces different steps and moves to make our lessons easier... Read More to remember. She taught us how steps originated which was extremely interesting. She knew how to get my husband and I out of our shells to have fun learning our routine. Throughout our sessions she built up our confidents. I could not thank her enough. Having a incredible moment that will be imprinted in our minds forever is priceless. I highly recommend Trish if you want to impress your guests and have a beautiful memory. Thank you :) Rachel & Jarrett

Reviewed on 4/19/2016 Angela S

Trish is an amazing instructor! We knew she would be great for us from the moment we met her at a bridal show. We really loved her teaching style and how patient she was with us. During our first dance, everyone was amazed at how my husband was moving. He has gained so much... Read More confidence since then and now we are thinking about taking lessons as a hobby.

Greatest Dance Instruction ever!

Reviewed on 10/15/2015

Trish is an excellent dance instructor. She makes it fun and easy to follow the steps. She breaks it down and it is very easy to follow. My husband and I had been invited to a few weddings in the past 6 weeks and we were able to enjoy ourselves on the dance floor feeling very... Read More confident.

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 mark f

We chose Trish to help us prepare for our first dance at our wedding and we could not have been happier with the results. While my wife danced for much of her life I had zero experience and was not a very good dancer. Trish was extremely patient, encouraging and walked through... Read More the routine as many times as it took for us to be comfortable. She also chose the perfect routine to accompany our music choice. Our family and friends were in awe of our routine(or more at the fact I was dancing properly) at our wedding and it made our night complete. I also took my wife dancing a few times after our wedding and I successfully showcased my newly learned foxtrot skills -we had so much fun! Thanks Trish for making our wedding night amazing and for teaching me dance skills that make weddings, and all events so much more enjoyable. We highly recommend Trish for whatever dance needs you have.

Reviewed on 10/13/2015

I took lessons from Patricia because I never felt comfortable dancing in public even though the desire was there. She really helped me get over that initial fear of being concerned about how I was doing. Now I feel very comfortable dancing in front of a room of people. She also... Read More has a unique ability to provide analogies between what I am feeling as I move compared to the movements and steps I know in my mind I am supposed to be doing. She is not only a beautiful dancer, but also an excellent, caring teacher.

Amazing Instructor

Reviewed on 10/08/2015

Patricia is an amazing ballroom dance instructor. She able to explain the steps of a "dance" simply and demonstrates them gracefully. After a couple of lessons, the steps come easily and your love for ballroom dance grows. If you have an event coming up, book your dance lesson... Read More with Patricia at Ballroom Expression. You won't get off the dance floor. Donna R.

Trish is amazing!

Reviewed on 10/04/2015 Amy R

Trish delivered on our choreography request for our first dance. She did a great job and every move was well thought out. She is so sweet and worked very well with us. You can tell her goal is to make sure the couple is happy!

Trish is AMAZING!

Reviewed on 10/02/2015 Nicole G

My fiance and I are taking some lessons with Trish at Ballroom Expression before our wedding. Neither of us had any dance experience but with Trish that didn't matter at all. She made us feel like super stars. She is an excellent teacher. She broke down every move as many times... Read More as we asked with so much patience and encouragement. I am already recommending her to other couples. I can't wait to show off our skills on the big day!

knowledgeable friendly and detail oriented!

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 Jennifer N

We met Trish through Thumbtack. She was professional and helpful, and started working with us in our first dance song before we even set foot in the studio. She sped our very slow song up and created a simple, visually interesting yet easy to learn routine that we were able to... Read More get down with only a bit of practice. Trish is fun, a born teacher, and very easy to work with. I'm so glad she found us and we found her!

Absolutely Amazing

Reviewed on 9/15/2015 Rachael L

Trish was the most patient dance instructor with Jeff and I! We went to her with a wedding song that was too long, zero experience, and high expectations and she far exceeded every one of them! She cut our song (who knew that music cutting was part of the package), she dealt... Read More with our crazy schedules, and she worked around our lack of confidence. I cannot begin to explain how happy we were with the dance on the wedding day and I think anyone who passes up on using Ballroom Expressions for their wedding dance or any dance lessons for that matter is truly missing out! So happy!

First Dance & Father-Daughter Dance

Reviewed on 7/08/2015 val m

We absolutely loved taking lessons with Trish. We loved the dance she coordinated for us. She made us feel relaxed and comfortable. By the time the wedding came we had our steps down and were able to really enjoy the song. It was a great part of our wedding preparation and we... Read More look fowarded to each lesson. Our guests loved the double dips!! Thank you Trish :)