A Dance to Remember

Ballroom in Boston has years of experience preparing couples for their first dance. No matter what you want for your first dance, we will help you achieve it in a stress-free, fun environment. Try our Introductory Lesson or Wedding Dance Crash Course (if you're in a hurry) today. Call to get started

300 Western Ave, Allston, MA (313) 288-2784

Amazing Studio!

Reviewed on 10/17/2013 Priya M

We decided about three weeks before our wedding to take dance lessons with Ballroom in Boston. The experience was great and we are so pleased with our decision! We worked with Sara Zirolla during three private lessons to work on our technique and practice our first dance.... Read More Scheduling lessons was a breeze as they have various times available that fit into any schedule. We highly recommend this studio and especially Sara. She has a great personality, was easy to work with and helped us become more confident with our first dance!

wonderful dance teacher from this studio

Reviewed on 10/04/2013

We had beginner ballroom, which consists of one private lesson and one group lesson, then four private lessons with Sara Zirolla to prepare for our first dance. It was a fantastic experience. Sara is the best dance teacher we've ever met. She is passionate, funny and very... Read More patient with her students. And more importantly, she is a great dance teacher. Not only she can dance beautifully, she knows how to teach her students. My wife and I had a little experience long time ago. So we are relatively quick at picking the basics up. While Sara started to teach us this more complex but beautiful move (several turns followed by a "butterfly ending"), we had difficulties in getting it right. However, Sara didn't just give up on us and switch to a easier move, she believed in us that we can do it! She kept encouraging us and working with us to figure out where the problem was. In the end, after many repeats with me and why wife, we finally got the gist of it and was able to complete the move on our own. Thanks to Sara, later this move became the grand ending of our first dance and our guest were impressed. Not only Sara, everybody else in this studio are very nice people too. They allowed us to use the studio space to practice even after we finished all our classes. We really appreciated that because it's very hard for us to find a good place to practice. So, definitely would recommend this studio, especially private lessons with Sara Zirolla. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

Amazing help before our wedding!

Reviewed on 8/16/2013 Kate B

Ballroom in Boston was an absolutely invaluable help to my now husband and me in preparing for our wedding dance. As the two of us had extremely little to no experience at all in ballroom dancing, we were what you would definitely call novices. After three lessons with Sara,... Read More however, we wowed everyone with our impressive skills in dancing to Adele's "One and Only" at our outdoor wedding in Sun Valley, Idaho. Not only did we receive many compliments and gorgeous pictures of our spins and dips whilst dancing, it was also so much fun actually attending lessons with Sara. We looked forward to every minute of it, and our only wish was that we had been able to spend more time with her! We both plan to refer all our engaged friends, both now and in the future, to Ballroom in Boston in order to get ready for their upcoming weddings. Truly, we couldn't have asked for a better way to prepare for our wedding!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Zack F

We took lessons with Ballroom in Boston for our weeding and definitely recommend it. My wife and I started with a groupon but then ended up getting some private lessons with Vlad and they were fantastic. They got us ready for our first dance and took it from something... Read More nervewracking to an experience we were totally comfortable with and actually enjoyed! Would definitely do this again.

2017-10-19T17:55:15 Response from the vendor

I'm so glad you had a great time dancing with us! I would love to pass on your praise to Vlad so if you are comfortable, please email me at lilia@ballroominboston.com to let me know your name. Thanks and happy wedding!

So fun!

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Sara W

We took dance lessons with Lilia with only a few weeks until our wedding and had a great time! She was extremely patient and made learning to dance to our song very easy and understandable. We had a great time working with her and she was very flexible on times, etc. We're... Read More considering going back for a few date nights!

We loved it!

Reviewed on 10/08/2014 Sherrie C

We are so happy that we went to Ballroom in Boston to help us prepare for our first dance! We got to work with Sara and our first dance was so much fun! We enjoyed it and all our guests enjoyed it too! We had no idea dancing would be so much fun and it was the only part of the... Read More wedding planning that wasn't stressful. Sara helped us with our moves, gave us lots of advices and also threw in a couple of other dances for us to help us relax on certain days. She was so much fun to work with, extremely professional and fun!

Great first dancing experience

Reviewed on 7/09/2014

We wanted to learn some basic dancing skills before our wedding. We contacted a few different studios, and we were impresses by the prompt responses to our emails. My fiancée and I have been learning from Lilia, and the experience couldn't be more pleasant. Lilia is a... Read More wonderful teacher. Her positive, and extremely professional behavior really put us at ease. The way and manner Lilia put’s herself forth really shows the level of experience she has with dancing. We were told this studio is new, and it is very nice inside -- open and clean. I would recommend Ballroom in Boston to anyone!!

Great choice for our wedding!

Reviewed on 6/20/2014 Brittany N

We both felt very comfortable during our lessons, and Ballroom in Boston was very accomodating with our schedule. We were a little concerned finding the location initially as they do not have their own building or outside sign, but we were given very clear and thorough... Read More directions and recognized it easily; plenty of parking was a plus. We received a lot of compliments on our flawless first dance- thank you Ballroom in Boston!

Great for wedding "First Dance" lessons!

Reviewed on 6/18/2014 Vanessa M

My husband and I signed up for a very last minute dance class to prepare for our first dance at our wedding. The end goal was to feel more comfortable dancing in front of all our guests and to have rehearsed our "plan" a few times. We first worked with Vlad who made us feel... Read More really comfortable, kept us laughing while providing us with a simple dance we could do and practice at home. He encouraged a second dance lesson to help us feel more comfortable. With only a week to go it was a long shot, but Ballroom in Boston was very flexible and we were able to fit one more lesson in. Our second lesson was with Sarah who was also great, funny, professional and comforting. We were able to get through our routine several times to get ready for the big day. Overall, it's worth the money, was a fun experience that helped us prepare to dance in front of people. The cost of the lesson is really a "drop in the bucket" as they say, compared to all other wedding costs. I would highly recommend Ballroom in Boston.

Wonderful experience

Reviewed on 8/16/2013 James S

Prior to our wedding, my then-fiancee was quite nervous about the prospect of 200 people standing around us and watching our first dance. To help calm her nerves, we decided to take a set of classes with Lilia. After the five sessions with her, we could not have been more... Read More happy - we felt like experienced professionals (at least for one song)! While it may seem hard to carve out the time while you're planning the wedding, we were so glad we took the lessons, as we now remember the moves forever and can always replay that special moment together whenever we hear the song we danced to. Really can't say enough about Lilia - she was wonderful! We were true novices but within a few hours of her time we had an (almost) flawless routine set and were confident enough to do it in front of all our friends and family. Thanks so much!

johaniaton

Reviewed on 8/15/2013

hi everyone, we just got Married early July of 2013. I was a shy person and unable to dance. i was worried because there is always a first dance at all weddings. three months before I went to register for a private dance lesson for me and my wife. The folks at "the ballroom... Read More dance in Boston" were so professional every single one of them thought us the moves so well that we were able to master our first dance lesson in just a short time. Also, they even helped us edit our chosen songs. we will recommend them to all of our friends. Hilton and Johane

Love Ballroom in Boston!

Reviewed on 8/12/2013 Katie K

This studio is amazing! My husband and I felt so welcome by not only all the teachers, but also the other patrons. Between group and private lessons we got to learn from all the teachers and we would gladly take lessons from any of them. I got a free private dance class... Read More that I took with Sara back in October. I had a great experience with Sara - she has a very sweet personality and an amazing smile! My husband and I signed up for private lessons in Feb for our wedding. When we went in for our first lesson, Sara recognized me from before which was very was surprising and really impressed me. We took our lessons with Lilia. Lilia is a great teacher! She's patient and very easy to work with. She sets realistic and achievable expectations for your dance at the beginning of your lessons. You'll be amazed at what you learn and how comfortable you become! We also went to an open house and a social. We were surprised at how supportive the other dancers were. We had an awesome time at these events. It made us feel apart of the studio and the community and made us want to come back and take more classes. You can not go wrong taking classes at this studio! I would highly recommend this studio to everyone.

Take Lessons here!

Reviewed on 6/22/2013 Jen S

We recently got married, and our dance was practically perfect thanks to the confidence we gained from Ballroom in Boston. Sara is an excellent teacher, and her positivity and upbeat personality made every lesson fun. If she can teach us how to dance, she can teach you! Our... Read More guests were impressed by our moves, and if you take lessons here you will be impressed too. :)

Great Studio!

Reviewed on 5/19/2013 Erin S

My fiance and I bought a 5 private lesson package to learn some basic dancing skills before our wedding. We contacted a few different studios, and what really sold us on this one (beside the excellent reviews) was their prompt responses to our emails and their ability to fit us... Read More in on the weekends. We requested a female teacher and we got Sara. She is a wonderful teacher. Her positive, fun personality really put us at ease. The studio is very nice inside -- open and clean. We had a great experience working with Sara and the other teachers there seem great as well.

Ballroom Dance Lessons

Reviewed on 2/05/2013 Vincenzo L

My fiancé signed us up for dance lessons this past January to prepare for our wedding next year. I had only been to a couple lessons during college so I wasn't sure what I'd remember. Our first lesson was with Lilia who was very helpful. She started with all the basics and... Read More walked us through each dance step. Through our month of lessons we really enjoyed working with Vlad and Sara. They were both very nice, patient, and fun to work with. We definitely progressed within one month of lessons. During our last class of the month Sara encouraged us to take intermediate 1 lessons!

Amazing staff!

Reviewed on 1/30/2013 Nicoletta B

I signed up to take ballroom lessons with my fiancé through a Gilt City offer. I was extremely impressed with the fun, encouraging, patient, and friendly staff. Sarah and Vlad made me look forward to every class. In just one month of lessons I can already see the progress I've... Read More made!

A Dancing Success!

Reviewed on 10/22/2012 Jenn H

We had a great experience with Ballroom in Boston. Our teacher, Wayne Ong, helped us prepare for a rumba first dance at our wedding (which went well!). He had his work cut out for him - not only are we not dancers, we are also not big fans on being in the spotlight, so Wayne... Read More had to teach us to dance, and get us comfortable enough to follow through with our first dance. His casual style made us comfortable, and he was great at getting to know how each of us would most effectively learn the steps, and teaching us each in those ways. We have Wayne to thank for a great first dance!

Amazing experience!

Reviewed on 9/20/2012 Mary Winn N

My husband and I were preparing for our first wedding dance, and we decided to try out a few classes at Ballroom in Boston. I had some ballet training (so I was really excited to try something new), but my husband had *never* danced at all and was initially very skeptical and... Read More nervous about taking classes. We took private lessons with Wayne at Ballroom in Boston and are so glad we did! Wayne made us feel totally comfortable from Day 1, explained the steps clearly so we could quickly learn them, and made us look like we had been dancing ballroom for years. We literally just returned from our wedding, and everyone was saying that it was the best first dance they had ever seen. Wayne taught us to do 2 lifts in the dance after only 5 lessons -- amazing. We are so, so happy we started dancing here and are planning to continue taking classes at Ballroom in Boston -- this is a fabulous studio!!

we learned to dance

Reviewed on 8/30/2012 Jacqueline R

My husband was very nervous for our first dance so he got us dance lessons! we did 3 lessons and our first dance is something i will never forget!! i got spun, dipped, kissed, and never once was my dress stepped on.. thank you for making it amazing! and my husband wowed! his... Read More friends!

Thank you Wayne!

Reviewed on 6/14/2012 Melissa J

My husband and I were a bit ambitious when we picked a Vieneese Waltz for our first dance. Wayne was honest about the challenge we fast, but he was willing to take the risk with us. We ended up with a beautifully choreographed waltz that wowed our crowd! Wayne was patient, and a... Read More great teacher. We're actually considering continuing to take dance classes in the future. The facility is really nice and clean, lots of space. I was a little concerned at first that multiple lessons are happening in the same room, and sometimes you had to compete to use your song on the sound system, but you just get used to it. I highly recommend this studio, and Wayne especially!

What a great experience

Reviewed on 5/29/2012 Nicole T

I never had so much fun!!! Vladimyr was our instructor and what a perfect match for us. He ewas entertaining, professioanl, and overall a gentleman. I would suggest to anyone, please try dance lessons with Ballroom in Boston. We always left with a smile on our face!!!

Helped us nail our first dance!

Reviewed on 4/10/2012 Margo S

I think my husband initially dreaded dance lessons, but after our first class, he didn't seem to mind it much! We worked with Wayne who was patient and kind. He taught us the Foxtrot, and he tried to mimic the day of elements by using the same size space and song. He even showed... Read More us a fancy entrance and a grand finale move! He made suggestions for group classes we could attend to practice outside of the private lessons, and he offered to show us other moves so we could dance the night away. I'm thrilled we picked to use Ballroom in Boston!

Best 1st dance EVER thx to Ballroom in Boston!

Reviewed on 2/17/2012 Catherine M

Wayne is incredible! My fiance and I showed up one week before our wedding asking for help with our first dance. We fit in four lessons before the wedding and had the best first dance I could've ever imagined! We didn't want something that was too structured and fully... Read More choreographed - our goal coming in was to learn some steps that would work well with our song and to gain some comfort on the dance floor. Wayne was our instructor and he listened to our song, learned about our dance experience (which was nonexistent) and then taught us some basic swing steps (steps that are easy to do, work well with our song, and look great). He also helped put together an intro and an ending. We came out at the end of the week with just what we wanted. All of the guests were blown away by our dance, which was simple but looked great and was a lot of fun. I could not recommend Ballroom in Boston and Wayne more highly.