Bar Harbor Catering Company

Operates within a 1.5 hour driving radius from Bar Harbor

Island Based Food & Events

At Bar Harbor Catering Company, we’re foodies with an extreme case of wanderlust; our mission is to produce extraordinary events with legendary customer service and modern Maine cuisine, created by happy people. Armed with the motto “good enough, isn’t enough”, we have successfully composed, since 2009, hundreds of events from intimate cocktail parties and dream weddings, to detailed corporate events for 700+. With a passionate team of experienced professionals, we’re large enough to handle the biggest and most complicated of off-site events, but small enough to offer personalized, concierge style service to each and every client, throughout the entire planning process. At Bar Harbor Catering Company we’re so much more than just caterers. We’re passionate individuals who’ve built an

Cuisine

American, French, Greek, Italian, Latin American, Mexican, BBQ, Fusion, Seafood, Specialty

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Halal, Kosher, Nut Free, Organic, Sugar Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Operates within a 1.5 hour driving radius from Bar Harbor (207) 801-9382

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Christine C

If you are planning a wedding in Bar Harbor you MUST hire Bar Harbor Catering Company as your catering company. I contacted at least 5 caterers in the area and BHCC was hands down the most professional caterer in the whole process. Jennifer helped us from the beginning to meet... Read More our budget while not sacrificing our wishes, quality of food or anything else. Working with Jennifer and the team was a pleasure and they were so much more than just a catering company. We met with them the day before the wedding to talk through everything and the day of the whole BHCC team was almost like our day off wedding planner team. They set everything up, helped with the decoration and made everything look and feel perfect. The food and service were outstanding and we are still getting compliments for that from our guests. Bar Harbor Catering Company contributed a lot to making our day as special and perfect as it was for us! Thank you!

Reviewed on 8/18/2016

The events person at our untraditional venue suggested looking into Bar Harbor Catering Company. She suggested it a few times. Despite having our minds made up to go with another vendor, we looked at BHCC's website. I'm so glad we did. Had we not, the full-service, blissfully... Read More worry-free, perfect wedding we had would never have taken place. The food was delicious. Unbelievably good. My last-minute "Ah, one of our vegetarians is a vegan," got yet another warm smile and a "We'll take care of it," and they did. Our cake was also baked by the amazing BHCC baker, and we opted not to save a layer, because we'll just order a cake next year...it was that good. But the exquisite food--while it's the best around--isn't what makes us adore BHCC beyond compare. It's the people. Mandy and Jennifer met us to discuss our menu, and we had a lovely meeting, and a very smooth menu working-out process. Then Jennifer took over, and she is already a legend in her field. The director of our venue was thrilled to see her, having worked with Jennifer a few years ago, and knowing her to be uber-capable and responsive. Anytime I had a question about anything, Jennifer answered it promptly and told me that's what she was there for. If you hire this catering company, they will set your new standard for full service. Event coordinating, dealing with nerves, solving any and every problem you might have before your wedding, providing the most excellent recommendations for other service providers...my wife and I will never be able to thank them enough. We also had a fairly small wedding--smaller than we thought, due to some family and medical issues, and we were certainly not a huge money maker for them. They never treated us as anything less than royalty. Food standouts: lobster rolls, bacon-wrapped scallops, blueberry/Brie bites, pollo al matton with risotto, steak frites, limonada, just everything.

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Emily W

I wish there were more than 5 stars to give Jennifer Mandy and the entire Bar Harbor Catering Company crew. This amazing team made our dream celebration come true. They were so patient with all of our many detailed requests and they totally got and made a reality out of our... Read More outer island, field day, vegetarian wedding dream!!! I can not thank them all enough or recommend them more highly. They are a pleasure to work with and the food and professionalism are unmatched!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Benjamin F

We worked with BHCC this past summer to plan our daughter's wedding and Wow! We couldn't have been more pleased with the service, the level of professionalism, the yumminess of the food. The entire planning and execution process was easeful and fun. They made it look easy.

Reviewed on 9/04/2017 Julie O

Finding a caterer for my wedding was probably the thing that scared me the most when I was planning. My husband and I are both vegan, so we knew we'd want all vegan food at our wedding. However, we were planning from far away, so not being able to go to tastings or meet with... Read More caterers adds an extra challenge. BHHC went absolutely above and beyond to ensure our food was nothing short of spectacular. Jennifer was always very responsive to my likely obnoxious amount of questions and menu changes! On the day of, since it was a small affair, we were able to get the food dropped off and also borrow some warmers and trays. She even came and picked them up the next day. The food was absolutely delicious. I didn't have a single complaint about how anything turned out. I couldn't have been happier with the service we received and how accommodating they were with our somewhat unique request.

Reviewed on 8/10/2017 Lindsay T

I was so pleased with my decision in hiring Bar Harbor Catering Company for my wedding! Their food was equisite and all my guests raved about it! The staff made me feel so special and I never had to worry about anything! I think one if my favorite parts was when they came down... Read More to where we were doing photos and delivered drinks and appetizers! So thoughtful <3

Reviewed on 8/09/2017 Jaclyn K

Bar Harbor Catering did such an amazing job; they catered to our needs and did everything in their power to make our requests become a reality! We had an elegant/glam wedding with Disney touches and Bar Harbor Catering went above and beyond with the Disney touches that I know... Read More our guests will be talking about literally FOREVER!!! Thank you VERY much!!!

Reviewed on 8/09/2017 Boo B

Wonderful, amazing, delightful, funny, professional. THE Best ! Jennifer Wright & her team outdid themselves at my son's rehearsal dinner. The menu was a hit! The chicken in the waffle cone - we could not get over how yummy those were! Everybody wanted more. Jennifer was a... Read More pleasure to work with from start to finish. Being a 'local' up here on MDI, she knew her suppliers, the area, and most important - she knew the venue and the space she had to work with. Jennifer - WOW ! Thank you !

Reviewed on 6/24/2017 Elizabeth M

Bar Harbor Catering, Mandy and crew are truly the best. The food and presentation were fabulous, and the staff and bartenders helped make sure we had a great time! They handled every request perfectly, including some very last minute tricky diet limitations - going the extra... Read More mile to go purchase fish in the middle of the event to make sure the guest was taken care of. You will get knowledgeable, dedicated service and they think of every detail so you don't have to. Can't recommend them enough!

Reviewed on 8/21/2016 Kristin B

We were incredibly impressed with Mandy and Bar Harbor Catering through the entire process! Mandy made things so easy and she was always available through the entire wedding planning period. She worked really well with the venue and other vendors, and was really creative with... Read More presentation. Above all, the food was amazing!! We would very highly recommend Bar Harbor Catering!

Reviewed on 7/17/2016 Jessica D

There are not enough words to describe how amazing the entire staff at Bar Harbor Catering Company are! We planned a small intimate wedding on Mount Desert Island at a private rental home and really wanted our food to be a highlight. Residing in NJ, we took a short weekend trip... Read More to Bar Harbor a year before our big day and met with Jennifer for some coffee and to go over our vision. She is one of the nicest individuals you will ever meet! Right away, she was on board with our ideas and excitedly jotted them all down. That just made us even happier with our decision to hire them. It's one thing to find a good catering company, it's another to find one that is genuinely EXCITED about your menu. We continued communication throughout the year using emails and scheduled phone calls. Everything came together. A few days before the wedding, Jenn visited the site with her adorable dog and walked us through how everything would work. She even took a look at the table centerpieces and had the staff match the theme with their equipment the day of. Those are the details that make a wonderful vendor! Day of was magical. The staff handles everything you may need.(Ceremony chair set up, table settings, etc) The food was unbelievably good. Even the personalized menu we asked for was beyond what we expected. Fresh lobsters, mussels, mini cuban sandwiches, etc. It was all so good. Our family was so impressed and kept saying how wonderful the staff was as well as the delicious food. Jenn and staff did an exceptional job of making sure that we were taken care of first and foremost. We didn't need to worry about anything, which is exactly the way it should be. Need a wedding cake!? Look no further than their baker on staff, Kirsten. We had this out of the box idea of having a lavender lemon honey CREPE cake as our wedding cake. We had never tasted one but, somehow felt fine taking a chance and having it on our big day. We are still having dreams of that cake a month later. Kirsten did such a great job with the cake and all of our guests (even the picky ones) had a piece. And, don't get us started talking about the blueberry pie! During cleanup, the staff packaged up any left over food (and cake!) for us and stored it all in the fridge in the house. We had leftovers for the rest of our time there. Above and beyond what we expected. So thank you Bar Harbor Catering Company for making our day so effortlessly special! You are the best at what you do and it shows in every way.

2016-11-28T14:11:30 Response from the vendor

Thank you, thank you from the bottom of our hearts for this amazing review! We really do love what we do and are so thankful for gracious clients like yourselves! Congratulations from all of us at BHCC (including Nell, the wonder dog), and best wishes... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/23/2016 Carol A

Bar Harbor Catering Company catered our daughter's small, intimate wedding reception in the VRBO that we rented on Mt. Desert Island. They were wonderful to work with and very accomodating. We changed our reception time three times, the last time change occurring the day... Read More before, and they were very willing to work with us. My daughter and her husband were an hour late for the scheduled dinner time as they got caught up in taking pictures and Jennifer and her team took it in stride. They were wonderful to work with and the food was excellent. We were so happy with the quality. Good food is very important to our family and we were not disappointed.

2016-11-28T14:12:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for choosing BHCC and for your lovely review. Your group was a pleasure to work with and we wish you all the best for a fantastic marriage!

Amazing all around!

Reviewed on 10/03/2015 bree w

Mandy and her team were wonderful. I couldn't recommend them enough. From the start, Mandy worked with us to create a menu for our tight budget. Not only did she answer any of our catering questions, she even helped with the rentals (she reviewed everything and let us know... Read More exactly what we would need) and answered any questions we had about general things as well. On the day of the wedding, people would not stop commenting on how good the food was and how great the drinks were. And there was tons of it! (We had a buffet style dinner). Most of the wedding was DIY and after we had set up most of the decorations there was quite a lot left over. Mandy and her team did a wonderful job of using everything and incorporating little touches into the bar, cake table, cheese table etc. At one point during the speeches, one of the tables collapsed and Mandy's team was there immediately to replace spilled drinks and mop of the wine. I am not sure anyone even noticed! Her staff is great, very helpful and professional. They all made sure everything went smoothly and even helped to move tables out of the way for the dancing later on. I was so impressed and grateful to have Mandy be part of our day!