Barclay Villa

(16)

Angier, NC

Capacity: Up to 200 | WEBSITE | PHONE

A Place Where Dreams Come True

Barclay Villa is a secluded chateau-style home located in historic Barclaysville, just minutes from downtown Raleigh. Voted 'The Knot Best of Weddings 2008/2009/2013 Pick,' by real brides who were thrilled with the level of service Barclay Villa brought to their wedding day! Visit us on Facebook.

• Indoor Ceremony Area

Banquet/Reception Hall, Mansion/Historic Site

104 Popes Lake Road, Angier, NC

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 5/22/2013 Nicole B

They were very accommodating with our EVERY need. Getting to stay there the night of the wedding was just perfect.

A Fairy Tale Venue

Reviewed on 4/22/2013 Yolanda G

From the first time I saw Barclay Villa on the internet I fell in love with the venue and I knew I wanted to have my wedding there. I didn't even tour any other venues. We worked with Daniel throughout of the process of planning for the venue. She was great and very helpful. During the our wedding rehearsal we worked with Dreama and she helped make the rehearsal run smoothly. All of our guest loved our venue and were amazed when they first saw it. Barclay is a great venue for wedding photography. The background of all of my wedding pictures looks great because of the scenery of Barclay. This venue helped make my wedding a true fairy tale. I felt like a princess walking out on the balcony making my first appearance during the ceremony. Our package allowed my husband and I to stay the night in the bride and groom suite after the wedding and it was wonderful. They even made breakfast the next morning. I would defiantly recommend this venue.

Unbelievably perfect

Reviewed on 9/29/2012 Courtney A

I could go on and on about the Barclay staff. I love Danielle Cathy and Cindy. just a greatfamily atmosphere. True professionals. I couldnt have asked for better experience. The venue was amazing, a show stopper.

Venue of the Century

Reviewed on 3/18/2015 Sabrena B

WOW! My wedding was almost two weeks ago and everyone is still talking about it! Barclay Villa is the most amazing, beautiful, breathtaking, and awe-inspiring venue I have ever stepped foot in. The service was stellar from day 1, before I even stepped on property. Danielle, Drema, and the owner of the property were an absolute pleasure to work with! The team at Barclay made this great venue the greatest because their level of service and friendliness. I would book them again in a heartbeat! :)

The Wedding of My Dreams

Reviewed on 3/09/2015 Kirsten L

I used Barclay Villa and Barclay Catering and Event Planning for my February 28th wedding. I want to start out by saying that finding a venue was really difficult for me. I didn't have a small budget, but I also didn't have a huge one. However, when I walked in to Barclay Villa, I knew this was the place for me. It is a bit of a drive from any sort of city area, but I think that is part of the charm. I want to warn future brides to beware of venues that do not come with all-inclusive packages. This means that you get the venue, and that is it--no tables, chairs, table cloths, china, stemware, etc. With Barclay Villa and Barclay Catering, you get everything that they have, and the planner, Cathy, is fantastic. We met with her 4 times before my wedding to work out details, and on the big day, everything was flawless. Cathy and the Barclay staff really have their stuff together. And even though it snowed 3 days before my wedding, they made sure to calm my nerves and make me feel better about having my wedding inside instead of at their outdoor gazebo. It really was a magical day, and my family and I are still receiving compliments about our venue choice and all of our vendors.

"Most Beautiful Wedding I've Ever Been To"

Reviewed on 1/25/2015 Cally D

All of my guest were completely enthralled with the venue and nearly all of them stated that it was the most beautiful wedding they'd ever been to. It really had everything you could need and it was absolutely the perfect venue for us. Both inside and outdoor ceremony options are gorgeous which is very hard to come by in most venues. There really wasn't anything sacrificed by choosing Barclay and we loved every minute!

Beautiful!

Reviewed on 12/30/2014 Stephanie H

My wedding at Barclay Villa was an absolute fairy tale! My guests loved having the entire venue to explore and they are still telling me how much beautiful it was. The Christmas decor created such a festive atmosphere; I did not have to add much to the room! I highly recommend this space if you're looking to feel like a princess. I always received prompt responses from the staff and friendly service. Thanks for making my wedding day so special!

Perfect

Reviewed on 12/16/2014 Jackie B

My wedding at Barclay Villa was perfect. The venue was magical and everything came together smoothly. I would not change a thing.

Beautiful

Reviewed on 7/22/2012 Amber W

The Barclay villa was perfect. All of my dreams of having a princess wedding came true.

Perfect Venue

Reviewed on 5/15/2012 Ashley B

Beautiful venue. I liked the fact that I could have an outside wedding in the garden, but if there was rain or bad weather, my wedding would be just as beautiful inside in the ball room.

Beyond Beautiful, a little pricey

Reviewed on 1/24/2012 Rebecca W

This place is so amazing, and Danielle is so great to work with. Everything is beautiful, spacious, and breath taking. The venue is a little expensive though, so make sure it's in your budget. That really is the only downside I can think of. I'd highly recommend it.

Beautiful venue

Reviewed on 1/09/2012 Jessie R

I grew up around this area so I've always wanted to get married here. The inside is as gorgeous as the inside. I love the fact that the venue can be used for both the ceremony and reception site. They also have a great 'bad weather' contingency plan. I wish I could get married HERE every year!

Perfect!

Reviewed on 11/14/2011 Asekesai A

Absolutely beautiful and everything we wanted!

Absolutely Wonderful

Reviewed on 1/15/2011 Lindsey M

Barclay Villa is a beautiful European style home. It is elegant, secluded, and you will feel like a princess on your wedding day. Cathy and Cindy were wonderful to work with. Quick with responses, and they knew all the answers! They have been in the wedding industry for awhile, so they know most vendors in the area and they do all of the coordinating with them on your wedding day so you won't have to worry about a thing!

Simply Beautiful Location, Top-Notch Service

Reviewed on 12/20/2010 Lia L

My husband and I visited several wedding venues before we visited the Barclay Villa. Honestly, on the drive out to the site, we thought it was way too long of a drive from Raleigh. Once we arrived though -- the minute were greeted by the friendly Teresa and stepped through the majestic doors -- we knew this place would be our wedding locale. We couldn't be more pleased with our selection. The house itself is beautiful and beautifully kept. It had the "old world" feel we desired. Step outside, though, and you are surrounded by lush greenery and tall trees, as well as several glistening pools. There are even several fire elements available, including an outdoor fireplace. The grounds are just spectacular. While the cost may be on the high end for some, the price is spelled out for you, with no hidden "gotchas." The value for the cost is excellent. We were able to make a weekend event out of our wedding. We stayed at the luxurious house, and we even had my in-laws and my mother and sister stay with us. It made for a truly special weekend. There are different packages available, however. So, don't bypass this location before examining their packages. We were fortunate enough to be able to splurge on a weekend package, but I know the service you would receive with any package would be top-notch. We were provided breakfast each morning, and the house was clean and just a treat to stay in for the weekend. We were encouraged to make it our home for the weekend and the staff catered to our needs. We truly felt like royalty. If you book the Barclay Villa, you will have to use their caterer at an additional expense (based on what you want them to prepare), and you will have to pay a "coordinator" fee as well. Again, every cost is spelled out for you in advance, so you can decide what works for you. The staff at both the house and the catering company (which I will review separately - Barclay Catering and Event Planning) are so gracious, friendly and provide such attention to detail that you will be glad you chose them. We are. We still think back on how perfect the weekend was for us and how special the staff made us feel.

A Dream Come True

Reviewed on 11/05/2010 Sophia H

The place is fantastic. All my guests loves it. We loved it too. The only thing is that it's a bit pricey and not very accommodated to us as people who lived out of town. We paid for 50% deposit. After that, you suppose to meet with them to go through final details 2 weeks before wedding. At the end, they can't meet with you, but they will take your credit card over the phone 2 weeks prior. It made us feel like you only care about money, but not really thinking for us as married couple. They "required" you to paid coordinator fee of $800 and ONLY use their own catering company. If you are a budget bride, you will still need to paid about total of $30,000 for your wedding (including everything like your gown, accessory, rings, etc.) if you want to use this venue. However, they do have a lot of selections in terms of their linens and materials (bird cage, etc) fit into the style of your wedding. If they have it, you definitely don't have to worry about it. They set up and tear down the chairs and everything for you. So, you don't have to worry about that.

Send Email