Barclay Villa

Angier, NC

A Place Where Dreams Come True

Barclay Villa is a secluded chateau-style home located in historic Barclaysville, just minutes from downtown Raleigh. Voted 'The Knot Best of Weddings 2008/2009/2013 Pick,' by real brides who were thrilled with the level of service Barclay Villa brought to their wedding day! Visit us on Facebook.

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Historic Venue

Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

104 Popes Lake Road, Angier, NC

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 5/22/2013 Nicole B

They were very accommodating with our EVERY need. Getting to stay there the night of the wedding was just perfect.

A Fairy Tale Venue

Reviewed on 4/22/2013 Yolanda G

From the first time I saw Barclay Villa on the internet I fell in love with the venue and I knew I wanted to have my wedding there. I didn't even tour any other venues. We worked with Daniel throughout of the process of planning for the venue. She was great and very... Read More helpful. During the our wedding rehearsal we worked with Dreama and she helped make the rehearsal run smoothly. All of our guest loved our venue and were amazed when they first saw it. Barclay is a great venue for wedding photography. The background of all of my wedding pictures looks great because of the scenery of Barclay. This venue helped make my wedding a true fairy tale. I felt like a princess walking out on the balcony making my first appearance during the ceremony. Our package allowed my husband and I to stay the night in the bride and groom suite after the wedding and it was wonderful. They even made breakfast the next morning. I would defiantly recommend this venue.

Unbelievably perfect

Reviewed on 9/29/2012 Courtney A

I could go on and on about the Barclay staff. I love Danielle Cathy and Cindy. just a greatfamily atmosphere. True professionals. I couldnt have asked for better experience. The venue was amazing, a show stopper.

Barclay Villa-My Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 5/28/2015

Barclay Villa is one of the most amazing, flawless, and beautiful wedding venues out there! When we were trying to decide on a venue, Barclay was the only place that we walked in and immediately knew that this was 'the place.' Barclay's staff and management are extremely... Read More accommodating and go out of their way to make sure they provide you with the highest quality of service. My guests could not stop raving about how exquisite Barclay was-from the immaculate landscaping to the timelessly decorated interior. To make things even more special, Barclay is located close to where my husband and I live, so it meant a lot for us to be able to have our wedding at a place so beautiful and close to home-not to mention very close to Raleigh and the surrounding areas. If you want a dream wedding, if you want to feel like a King and Queen, Barclay is the perfect place and they will not disappoint :) We would not change a single thing about our wedding day. Thank you Barclay Villa for making our special day so perfect and memorable!

2015-05-29T12:01:49 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words - it was an honor to work with you on your wedding day!

Reviewed on 5/18/2015 Ashley T

Barclay Villa is a wonderful place to have a wedding and reception. Our guests thoroughly enjoyed the night. I highly recommend this venue!!

2015-05-29T12:02:39 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words - It was an honor to work with your family on your daughter's wedding!

Wonderful venue, wonderful staff

Reviewed on 5/07/2015

Me and my fiance (now husband) were married at Barclay Villa in Angier, North Carolina on 4/26/2015. Barclay Villa is a beautiful place to hold a wedding. They helped make our wedding day everything we could imagine and more. The staff made sure that we were taken care of and... Read More that the day went by flawless. I cannot thank them enough for all of their care. I would recommend Barclay Villa to anyone who is looking a unique and beautiful place to get married.

2015-05-29T12:03:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words - It was an honor to work with you on your wedding!

Amazing venue!

Reviewed on 5/07/2015 Jaime A

Absolutely amazing staff that made sure the entire day went smoothly. Everything was gorgeous, and the whole process of setting up for the wedding was completely stress-free. Highly recommended!

2015-05-29T12:04:04 Response from the vendor

Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 4/23/2015

As soon as I drove up to Barclay, it took my breath away. Then, when I went inside, I knew that this was the place I was going to get married. I fell in love with it. Cathy (wedding planner), was absolutely amazing during the whole wedding process and made sure everything was... Read More perfect. All of our guests were stunned by the pure beauty of Barclay and said that this was a wedding that they will never forget. It is the closest thing that I could get to the Biltmore Estate...on a budget! We got married here on December 6, 2014. I would recommend this venue to anyone looking for something unique. Your guests will never forget it!

2015-05-29T12:04:32 Response from the vendor

Venue of the Century

Reviewed on 3/18/2015 Sabrena B

WOW! My wedding was almost two weeks ago and everyone is still talking about it! Barclay Villa is the most amazing, beautiful, breathtaking, and awe-inspiring venue I have ever stepped foot in. The service was stellar from day 1, before I even stepped on property. Danielle,... Read More Drema, and the owner of the property were an absolute pleasure to work with! The team at Barclay made this great venue the greatest because their level of service and friendliness. I would book them again in a heartbeat! :)

2015-05-29T12:05:04 Response from the vendor

The Wedding of My Dreams

Reviewed on 3/09/2015 Kirsten L

I used Barclay Villa and Barclay Catering and Event Planning for my February 28th wedding. I want to start out by saying that finding a venue was really difficult for me. I didn't have a small budget, but I also didn't have a huge one. However, when I walked in to Barclay... Read More Villa, I knew this was the place for me. It is a bit of a drive from any sort of city area, but I think that is part of the charm. I want to warn future brides to beware of venues that do not come with all-inclusive packages. This means that you get the venue, and that is it--no tables, chairs, table cloths, china, stemware, etc. With Barclay Villa and Barclay Catering, you get everything that they have, and the planner, Cathy, is fantastic. We met with her 4 times before my wedding to work out details, and on the big day, everything was flawless. Cathy and the Barclay staff really have their stuff together. And even though it snowed 3 days before my wedding, they made sure to calm my nerves and make me feel better about having my wedding inside instead of at their outdoor gazebo. It really was a magical day, and my family and I are still receiving compliments about our venue choice and all of our vendors.

2015-05-29T12:08:09 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words - It was an honor to work with you on your wedding!

"Most Beautiful Wedding I've Ever Been To"

Reviewed on 1/25/2015 Cally D

All of my guest were completely enthralled with the venue and nearly all of them stated that it was the most beautiful wedding they'd ever been to. It really had everything you could need and it was absolutely the perfect venue for us. Both inside and outdoor ceremony options... Read More are gorgeous which is very hard to come by in most venues. There really wasn't anything sacrificed by choosing Barclay and we loved every minute!

2015-05-29T12:08:44 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 12/30/2014 Stephanie H

My wedding at Barclay Villa was an absolute fairy tale! My guests loved having the entire venue to explore and they are still telling me how much beautiful it was. The Christmas decor created such a festive atmosphere; I did not have to add much to the room! I highly recommend... Read More this space if you're looking to feel like a princess. I always received prompt responses from the staff and friendly service. Thanks for making my wedding day so special!

Reviewed on 12/16/2014 Jackie B

My wedding at Barclay Villa was perfect. The venue was magical and everything came together smoothly. I would not change a thing.

Reviewed on 7/22/2012 Amber W

The Barclay villa was perfect. All of my dreams of having a princess wedding came true.

Perfect Venue

Reviewed on 5/15/2012 Ashley B

Beautiful venue. I liked the fact that I could have an outside wedding in the garden, but if there was rain or bad weather, my wedding would be just as beautiful inside in the ball room.

Beyond Beautiful, a little pricey

Reviewed on 1/24/2012 Rebecca W

This place is so amazing, and Danielle is so great to work with. Everything is beautiful, spacious, and breath taking. The venue is a little expensive though, so make sure it's in your budget. That really is the only downside I can think of. I'd highly recommend it.

Beautiful venue

Reviewed on 1/09/2012 Jessie R

I grew up around this area so I've always wanted to get married here. The inside is as gorgeous as the inside. I love the fact that the venue can be used for both the ceremony and reception site. They also have a great 'bad weather' contingency plan. I wish I could get married... Read More HERE every year!

Reviewed on 11/14/2011 Asekesai A

Absolutely beautiful and everything we wanted!

Absolutely Wonderful

Reviewed on 1/15/2011 Lindsey M

Barclay Villa is a beautiful European style home. It is elegant, secluded, and you will feel like a princess on your wedding day. Cathy and Cindy were wonderful to work with. Quick with responses, and they knew all the answers! They have been in the wedding industry for... Read More awhile, so they know most vendors in the area and they do all of the coordinating with them on your wedding day so you won't have to worry about a thing!

Simply Beautiful Location, Top-Notch Service

Reviewed on 12/20/2010 Lia L

My husband and I visited several wedding venues before we visited the Barclay Villa. Honestly, on the drive out to the site, we thought it was way too long of a drive from Raleigh. Once we arrived though -- the minute were greeted by the friendly Teresa and stepped through the... Read More majestic doors -- we knew this place would be our wedding locale. We couldn't be more pleased with our selection. The house itself is beautiful and beautifully kept. It had the "old world" feel we desired. Step outside, though, and you are surrounded by lush greenery and tall trees, as well as several glistening pools. There are even several fire elements available, including an outdoor fireplace. The grounds are just spectacular. While the cost may be on the high end for some, the price is spelled out for you, with no hidden "gotchas." The value for the cost is excellent. We were able to make a weekend event out of our wedding. We stayed at the luxurious house, and we even had my in-laws and my mother and sister stay with us. It made for a truly special weekend. There are different packages available, however. So, don't bypass this location before examining their packages. We were fortunate enough to be able to splurge on a weekend package, but I know the service you would receive with any package would be top-notch. We were provided breakfast each morning, and the house was clean and just a treat to stay in for the weekend. We were encouraged to make it our home for the weekend and the staff catered to our needs. We truly felt like royalty. If you book the Barclay Villa, you will have to use their caterer at an additional expense (based on what you want them to prepare), and you will have to pay a "coordinator" fee as well. Again, every cost is spelled out for you in advance, so you can decide what works for you. The staff at both the house and the catering company (which I will review separately - Barclay Catering and Event Planning) are so gracious, friendly and provide such attention to detail that you will be glad you chose them. We are. We still think back on how perfect the weekend was for us and how special the staff made us feel.

A Dream Come True

Reviewed on 11/05/2010 Sophia H

The place is fantastic. All my guests loves it. We loved it too. The only thing is that it's a bit pricey and not very accommodated to us as people who lived out of town. We paid for 50% deposit. After that, you suppose to meet with them to go through final details 2 weeks... Read More before wedding. At the end, they can't meet with you, but they will take your credit card over the phone 2 weeks prior. It made us feel like you only care about money, but not really thinking for us as married couple. They "required" you to paid coordinator fee of $800 and ONLY use their own catering company. If you are a budget bride, you will still need to paid about total of $30,000 for your wedding (including everything like your gown, accessory, rings, etc.) if you want to use this venue. However, they do have a lot of selections in terms of their linens and materials (bird cage, etc) fit into the style of your wedding. If they have it, you definitely don't have to worry about it. They set up and tear down the chairs and everything for you. So, you don't have to worry about that.

TO Barclay Villa