Barr Mansion & Artisan Ballroom

Austin, TX

Weddings, events + organic, farm to table cuisine.

Barr Mansion offers a one-of-a-kind setting for indoor/outdoor weddings. We feature versatile and well-manicured grounds, an Eastlake Victorian mansion, sustainably-crafted modern ballroom, day-of-coordination, and certified organic cuisine. For an individual quote and to schedule a tour, please visit us at barrmansion.com/visit. *Please note that we don't schedule tours using the Knot's tour scheduler. Please message us instead.

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Barn, Garden, Estate, Historic Venue

Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

0c8d5aab 564e 4969 83d1 f2c9134807e2~rs 100
A2f84579 05f6 4400 aa0c 4597c7a89d92~rs 100
9f08a459 f4b9 433a 96a4 cf8bc9e1b3dd~rs 100
D692bc15 0755 426d 96a9 fb6ea89c4786~rs 100
Dec9f43f 97e4 40b7 87a9 9d17ceef4785~rs 100
Ca2ef7db d224 45ed bee8 1903676b6ed4~rs 100

10463 Sprinkle Road, Austin, TX (512) 926-6907

Reviewed on 11/28/2017 Cara T

Barr Mansion is a breathtakingly beautiful space. I fell in love from photos online and when I pulled up to tour for the first time I almost cried pulling in the parking lot! I knew it was the place. Our sales contact Caroline was a dream to work with throughout the entire... Read More process, and happily answered any random questions we had. Our coordinator Aislinn was the absolute best and we couldn't have pulled it off without her! She was very attentive and really made sure our ceremony felt like "ours" and didn't bat an eye at any of our non-traditional ideas. I truly cherished having her help us pull it off seamlessly. The head chef was super accommodating, creating an absolutely decadent vegetarian menu. I had multiple come up to me that night (and even more since!) to tell me how incredible the food was. The fact that Barr provides all tables, chairs, dinnerware, linens, staff, and more was a HUGE weight off my shoulders and about 10 less things I had to coordinate. Beyond the beauty of the place, a major selling point for me was the fact that my wedding party wouldn't be responsible for folding up tables at the end of the night! We had a perfect perfect day and I can't imagine us having spent it anywhere else.

Reviewed on 11/16/2017 Helen Q

Uncomfortable chairs, rude owner, dirty bathroom, horrible food.

Reviewed on 11/13/2017 Jana W

Best decision to set the tone of the entire wedding! We had a brunch wedding in October which was visually beautiful and delightful for us and our guests. Great facility, wonderful food and awesome staff! We received fabulous compliments on the event!

Reviewed on 7/29/2017 Courtney H

My husband and I got married at Barr Mansion Friday, May 26th. We had the BEST experience with all of the Barr employees, to name a few - Jessica, Caroline, Aislinn and Heather provided fabulous service throughout the entire 10 month planning process. Our favorite things about... Read More Barr - the property is GORGEOUS (so many picturesque areas), the food is amazing (you get to go to an awesome event with all the other couples getting married in your time frame and try the yummy food to set your menu), Barr has an in house coordinator (Heather aka Wonder-woman) who makes sure your wedding is seamless, they allow animals on property (our golden retriever was in our ceremony and was allowed at the reception!!), and last but not least was our guests' experience - we got told over and over how much fun our wedding was and I am positive it is because of Barr Mansion. Thanks for hosting the best day of our lives!

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Erin F

Our June 23 wedding at Barr Mansion was above and beyond our wildest dreams! When beginning the venue search, we were looking for something peaceful, romantic, “garden-like” and just all around lovely. From the moment we stepped foot on the property, we knew that it was... Read More something special! My hubby and I really loved the “all-inclusive” type of feel with Barr--food, venue, help, etc. Their list of preferred vendors was super helpful for filling in the gaps, especially since Barr Mansion has great relationships with them! The mansion and surrounding areas are absolutely beautiful, especially in the spring and summer months. Because we were married in the middle of summertime and had family coming in from Chicago, we opted to do the ceremony inside of the ballroom and have dinner in the farmstead, then back to the ballroom for dancing. Though it turned out to still be quite hot everywhere (103+!), it was the best night! From the incredibly delicious food to yummy Steel City Pops, to a beautiful setting and a surprise birthday cake for my hubby’s Grandpa, everything was absolutely wonderful! The grounds, the staff, the chef--EVERYONE--is eager to help, attentive to whatever you may need and willing to go the extra mile to make it all happen. The VIP award, though, would definitely go to Heather Winnika. She is incredibly organized, thoughtful, and all around remarkable! Heather was a joy to work with and always made us feel like her priority. We are forever grateful for the kindness, expertise and dedication from everyone at Barr Mansion! Thank you all for making our wedding day the very best day!

Reviewed on 7/16/2017 Karla B

Hands down the best decision we made for our wedding was getting Krystal Wigfield as our wedding planner via the Prestige Package at Barr Mansion. She was absolutely fantastic. Her services included budgeting, researching and booking all the vendors, all of the timelines, day... Read More of coordination, managing all the payments and SO SO much more. She even stuffed and mailed the invitations and made and delivered the welcome bags. She enabled us to make decisions quickly and then she would manage all the details. She provided fantastic advice and always made us feel comfortable with our decisions. She was so personable and professional and extremely organized. Her day of execution was impeccable and we had so many guests compliment us about her, at the rehearsal and the wedding. She went above and beyond to make our day perfect. I would HIGHLY recommend Krystal. I honestly don't know what we would have done without her.

Reviewed on 4/02/2017 Taylor C

I could talk forever about how much I love Barr Mansion. We don't live in Austin and they took so much stress out of the planning process. Caroline was by far the most transparent (!!!), kind understanding "sales" person at the MANY venues we looked into. More importantly, they... Read More delivered on everything they promised us. We had about 150 people for a December wedding. All of our guests were taking pictures outside because the grounds are so beautiful, even in December! Krystal was our "day of" planner and graciously walked me through every little detail. She even bustled my (way too complicated) wedding dress! If you want to stay in Austin and you're not looking for a "hotel ballroom" feel - this is your venue. They will take great care of you and they're worth every penny!

Reviewed on 1/24/2017 Joan B

As mother of the bride I was very pleased with Barr Mansion as my daughter's wedding venue. Krystal Wigfield was instrumental in providing Laura with the wedding of her dreams. Krystal's professionalism, attention to detail, expertise, and caring demeanor are just a few... Read More attributes she possesses. Barr Mansion was the perfect venue for so many reasons; the beautiful mansion, the grounds, the Artisan Ballroom and last but not least the food. I have never had such delicious food at a wedding. The beef tenderloin was by far the best I've ever had, EVER!!! The preferred vendor list was an added plus as it provided the Best of the Best in Austin from which to choose. Laura stated over and over to me that she had the wedding of her dreams and that was made possible by Krystal and the entire Barr Mansion staff! A heartfelt thank you doesn't seem to be enough as words cannot express how grateful I am that Laura and Adam were able to experience their special day at Barr Mansion. Thank you again for everything you did for them!

Reviewed on 1/10/2017 Laura B

There are not enough stars in the world to reflect how amazing and wonderful Barr Mansion was for our ceremony and reception. It is a stunningly gorgeous venue; the house, grounds, and ballroom need very little additional decoration (if at all; for example, we did not get any... Read More additional lighting as the ballroom does not need it!). Our day-of coordinator, Krystal, was amazing. She kept everything on track even though I was 30 minutes late to the venue because hair and makeup ran long. She perfectly timed and coordinated all the events during the reception and adapted when we took to long to greet our guests during dinner. She also drove out to the B&B we stayed at on Lake Travis on our wedding night to bring us my purse which the bridal party missed in packing up our getaway car. Above and beyond!!! The food was the best food I've ever had at a wedding and some of the best food I've had in my life. Seriously, The, Best, Food! If you are a foodie this is the venue for you. I have food allergies and they were able to work around them for the meal and accommodate my gluten allergy by having the top tier of our wedding cake be gluten-free! I was so surprised and happy that I could participate in the custom of feeding my new husband cake and being feed cake by him (I really didn't think that was going to be possible!). The venue's ethics were one of the top reasons we chose to look into Barr Mansion. I love everything about their organic, recycling, and composting! They made planning a lot easier by answering the numerous emails I sent throughout the process and by providing a vendor list (the list is not vendors you have to use, but their recommendations). We were also contacted when some of the vendors were having promotions which helped bring costs down on spectacular vendors. There are not enough words to express how perfect our wedding ceremony and reception were. I cannot recommend Barr Mansion enough. I would relieve our wedding day over and over again... and I wish I could eat the food everyday (Krystal made sure we got the passed appetizers during our Yichud; and had us served our dinner plated first before bringing out the family style meal for our guests). We had the most perfect, amazing wedding thanks to Krystal and the entire staff and Barr Mansion. Note: The venue has dealt with the issue mentioned in other reviews from the fall of 2015 about break-ins to the mansion while everyone is over at the ballroom. In addition to keeping the doors locked they include two security guards who show up during cocktail hour (they came up and introduced themselves to my husband when I was having pictures taken with my family).

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Sarah O

We used Barr Mansion for both our ceremony and reception and we couldn't have been happier with our choice. As a same-sex couple, feeling comfortable with who we were working with was very important to us and Caroline and Krystal made us feel at ease from the day we met them... Read More both. Caroline was so helpful in the early stages of planning and responded to our millions of emails so quickly! Krystal was our day of coordinator and thought of everything; there wasn't a thing she missed that we were aware of! Her creativity, thoughtfulness and excitement truly made you feel like the most special couple to pass through Barr Mansion's doors. All of our guests raved about the food and you really can't go wrong with any of their food options, it's really that good! The mansion's property speaks for itself, the food is incredible and Caroline and Krystal really push the experience over the top! We couldn't recommend it more!

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Nicole D

Barr Mansion was such a wonderful venue to work with. My husband and I only looked at 3 venues total and I knew instantly that Barr Mansion was going to be my choice. It had everything I was looking for. I knew as soon as I saw the historic house and beautiful grounds, that it... Read More fit my vintage style perfectly. They also have a new ballroom, which is just as beautiful, and they designed it perfectly for weddings. I could not be more happy with my choice. I love that they are a package deal. You get the ceremony site, the reception site and a full menu to choose from! The food was amazing. We got SO many compliments from our guests at just how amazing the food was. We also got numerous compliments at how beautiful the venue was, how friendly and helpful the staff was, and how smoothly the entire even went off without a hitch. Everyone was truly satisfied. The staff was very responsive to my phone calls and emails leading up to the big day. They are very experienced and will take care of everything for you. They also have a long list of suggested vendors that they usually work with, which can be very helpful. They are well organized, prepared and professional. Just a side note, you can not beat Barr Mansion in the Spring time, it is truly beautiful. Also, they are a pet friendly venue, which is very popular these days. I wish I could do it all over again! There is no stress when you book this venue. They walk you through it every step of the way and will take care of everything. Thank you to Barr Mansion and their wonderful team for helping make my dreams come true.

Reviewed on 11/12/2016 Laura H

Absolutely perfect! I was an out-of-town (Brooklyn) bride planning my wedding in Austin. I also decided to bring in several outside vendors for lighting and decor. We wanted a venue where we could stay as late as we want and play music as late as we want. We had our ceremony,... Read More cocktail hour, and dinner all out on the lawn and dancing in the ballroom. The venue is absolutely stunning as backdrop. There are tons of options for setup and the staff is open to creative, new ways of working. The food was delicious and commented on by the guests. I particularly loved the cake, the chocolate one with caramel drip. We also loved the group tasting they had. It was a perfect opportunity to taste the options and also speak to other couples getting married around the same time. Although I loved how the day turned out and I wouldn't change it for me, what I learned from those conversations is you really can do most of what you need to do within the offerings from Barr, without bringing in outside vendors. So if you're on a budget, definitely consider that. Now I have to talk about Krystal, our coordinator. She was absolutely amazing!! Planning the wedding from across the country was challenging but I had so much confidence in her that I knew the day would be flawless, and it was. She was super organized and provided helpful suggestions. She was great with follow-up. I really trusted her. Actually, it felt like planning a wedding with a friend. I chose to have a planner in addition to Krystal to help with contracts and day of, mainly because I was planning from afar. If you can handle your own contracts, Krystal is more than competent to handle your day of. You don't need anyone else. The staff and service was also great. I had no interaction with them which means that Krystal managed the team well. I do have to mention one incident, because I would want to know as a bride. We did have a wallet stolen out of the mansion. They provided a security guard but it still happened. My guess is that it's hard for the guard to know who to let in and who not. If you're going with Barr, maybe try to work out some sort of entry list for the guard or something. Barr was helpful in resolving the issue. If I had to do it all over again, I would choose Barr over and over. Thank you to all the Barr staff and a special thank you to Krystal! Our day was perfect!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Sam C

LOVE this place!! It could not have been more perfect. From the awesome staff to gorgeous venue to delicious food - we could not have been happier. I could go on and on, but this is what dreams are made for weddings. We couldn't have picked a better venue. Happy to answer any... Read More questions because everyone would be fortunate to get married here!

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Kelly N

From the moment we walked onto the property during our initial visit my family and my hubby's family feel in love with this place! It's the perfect mixture of modern and romantic. Our wedding was in October of 2016 and everything was beyond my (high) expectations. Their onsite... Read More coordinator Krystal Wigfield is THE BEST. She made sure our wedding day went smoothly and was always one step ahead. They also take care of catering and the food is delicious, you can't do better. My husband is allergic to nuts and I wanted him to be able to eat everything at our wedding without worry. They went over every single ingredient with us multiple times to make sure we were 100% nut free. I am so appreciative to the whole staff at Barr Mansion. Our friends and family are still talking about what an amazing day it was and we have to agree!! Thank you Barr Mansion for giving us the setting to our happiest day. 10 stars!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Teri T

Gorgeous venue, makes for perfect pictures. Krystal is a phenomenal planner and will make your wedding planning and day of execution a dream. She's a thoughtful, decisive, "get shit done" sort of lady and you will be glad you chose Barr for her services alone. If I had to dock... Read More Barr for anything, it would be a fraction of a star for the food. It's good, but not excellent (though the cake was superb). We'd still get married there again if we could :)

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Ronda K

The Barr Mansion was amazing in every way! Such a beautiful Venue the mansion, glass barn ballroom and the grounds with the huge Pecan tree! Everything went smoothly from start to finish. Our Coordinator, Krystal I can't say enough about...so organized and kept us all on track... Read More leading up to the big day. The day of the wedding Krystal made sure everything was perfect! The food was so good! Our guests committed over and over how delicious the food was. Best salmon we have ever had! The wedding cake came out exactly like the picture we gave them and tasted great! I would highly recommend The Barr Mansion! Mother of the Bride

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Rebecca D

We got married at Barr Mansion in early October and it is without question one of the most beautiful wedding venues in Austin! Even though we didn't need it, we loved that they have a great "plan B" location in case of rain (the Farmstead). On top of that, they provide food... Read More (delicious), cake (beautiful), furniture, bartenders, clean-up, and an amazing day-of Coordinater (Krystal). Highly recommended!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Jenny M

My brother and his wife had their beautiful wedding at Barr Mansion on March 26, 2016. What initially sold the bride (and all of us) were the obvious gorgeous grounds, mansion and ballroom. But what made the whole experience so magical was the staff. They were on call at any... Read More time we needed them and made the entire process extremely stress-free for the bride and everyone involved. The wedding was traditional and every part of the night was on schedule. Each transition from the speeches to the groomsmen dance to the flower toss were so natural. The food and cake were delicious and I love that everything is organic and a lot of the produce is from their garden. After all of us had danced the night away, my feet were aching in my heels so Shanna brought me flip flops to ensure the partying would continue. Little details like those are what any bride should look for in a staff for her special day. I can't recommend this venue more not only for the stunning property but the ease the staff allows all of us to feel. It was truly one of the best nights I've ever had.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Hollis E

If the gorgeous tree and glowing ballroom are not enough, then check out the plantation house and talk to the staff. This venue was the best decision my husband and I made for our wedding (other than the "I do's"). The staff is quick to answer any questions, they are on top of... Read More decorations and wedding party/family, and are just downright fun! I felt stress-free throughout this experience due to open communication, friendliness, and the fact that they offer organic and locally grown delicious food and cakes. I could not be more thrilled with the way this day worked out due to the accommodations of the venue/staff. You need tables and chairs? They supply them. You are worried about rain? They have multiple back-up plans. You have a tight budget? They work with you (also try reading 'Practical Weddings' by Meg Keene this melts your stress). Ultimately what I am saying is this is the BEST venue complete with staff in Austin!

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Susan J

We got married in August and had last minute rain, but Barr Mansion has a beautiful Plan B (the ballroom) and everything turned out great! The food was good and the schedule ran smoothly, our coordinator, Krystal Wigfield, was AWESOME. She went above and beyond to make sure... Read More everything ran smoothly and that I had everything I needed. Thank you Krystal and Barr Mansion!

Reviewed on 6/06/2016 Emily H

Amazing. I cannot write enough about how perfect this venue is and how much more helpful the staff was! Shanna and her staff were amazing! She was ALWAYS on top of everything. I was an out-of-town bride, so a lot of my questions through email were random and about details I... Read More could've seen while there -- but she was very patient with me and answered everything with enthusiasm. She made sure that EVERYTHING was taken care of on the day-of and set-up day. I am so glad to have had her there on the day...I she just made everything so easy and I could focus on the beautiful moments that were happening in front of me. The spaces are so perfect. Really, anywhere you look there is picturesque moment to capture. I am from Texas, but didn't want to have a "texas" wedding. This was just the right amount of southern charm but very elegant and able to be dressed up. One thing that really sold me on the location, was the many different, equally beautiful options of locations on premises to have the ceremony and reception. I didn't have to worry about weather ruining my wedding, because I knew we could move inside to somewhere that I would love just as much. The food is amazing and so unique! I could tell the chef so passionate about the food and the principles behind it, so I did not have to worry about having that "blah" wedding food. I really loved what they are doing with being certified organic -- it is not easy! I had the perfect wedding thanks to the Barr Mansion and Shanna :)

Reviewed on 4/17/2016

No other words than excellent. Everything they did was done with pure excellence. I will recommend them a hundred times over to anyone who asks! Thank you Barr Mansion for helping make my wedding day the best day of my life!!

Reviewed on 4/12/2016 Bekah

I got married here in March and everything was amazing! Shanna and the Barr Mansion staff did such a great job helping us plan and not get stressed out. I would highly recommend this dream venue!!

Reviewed on 1/25/2016 Nicole S

I cannot say enough good things about Shanna and the rest of the staff at The Barr Mansion! They truly try to make your wedding planning experience as easy as possible. Our wedding was everything we could have hoped for and more because of the people at The Barr Mansion! No... Read More matter where you decide to have your ceremony on site, every single inch of this place is stunning! We initially wanted to have our ceremony outside by the tree, but the weather decided otherwise. Our plan B in the farmstead was still as beautiful as the tree would have been. Shanna and the team were so quick to help rearrange things and make the area look exactly how we wanted. Everyone that has commented to us about our wedding, the common thing that everyone had to say was how amazing the food was. They could not stop raving about it and saying that it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding! We would recommend The Barr Mansion to anyone ten times over!!

Reviewed on 1/20/2016 Jan B

Our wedding at Barr Mansion was absolutely perfect! The grounds looked beautiful, the day-of coordinator ensured the timeline ran smoothly, and the guests are still raving about how tasty our dinner was! A truly magical day - I would recommend Barr Mansion to any bride!