Barr Mansion & Artisan Ballroom

Austin, TX

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Creating the Wedding of your Dreams

Barr Mansion offers a one-of-a-kind setting for indoor/outdoor weddings, featuring versatile and well-manicured grounds, an Eastlake Victorian mansion, sustainably-crafted modern ballroom, full-service planning, and certified organic cuisine.

• Outdoor - Covered

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Garden, Estate, Historic Venue, Loft

Food + Catering, Planning

10463 Sprinkle Road, Austin, TX

Reviewed on 6/08/2015 Morgan P

We got married at Barr Mansion in May 2015 and everything about this venue was perfect! The grounds are gorgeous, and you have full access to the main Victorian-style house, the glass-façade Ballroom, and the outdoor covered Farmstead. The grounds also include a rose garden, a... Read More big beautiful pecan tree, and gardens where they grow their own food. Guests ranted and raved about how spectacular the venue was and how they had never seen anything like it before! Upon signing our contract with Barr Mansion, we were invited to monthly cocktail events where we got to sample appetizers and drinks, view decorations from different vendors, listen to DJs and string groups perform, and ask questions of the coordinators and staff on site. Also included is a harvest tasting, where you get to sample all the food that will be available to choose from on your wedding day. The venue prepares all their food on-site and offers selections based on which season your wedding is in and which foods are in harvest at that time. The food was absolutely amazing and everyone loved what we picked out! The awesome thing about Barr Mansion is how much they do for you. All set-up and take-down is done by their staff, and they provide a full set of staff for the day of. They also provide a day-of coordinator, which was a huge selling point for us. Shanna was our coordinator and she was amazing! She knew exactly what to do and kept the ball rolling all day/night. She was very knowledgeable, personable, and easy to work with. She made the day-of seem like a breeze and we did not have to worry about anything! This place in UNBELIEVABLE and I would HIGHLY recommend it!

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 Lori F

We were married at Barr Mansion August 1st, 2015, and we also had our wedding reception there. We absolutely LOVED the scenery. The giant pecan tree was in full bloom, and many of our guests thought it was the most beautiful wedding they have ever been to. The ballroom is great... Read More for a reception; it's big, spacious, and easy to maneuver wherever guests need to be. Some of the tables and chairs were WAY too close to one-another, so it made it hard for us to say hello to some guests in the back without catching our clothing on a chair. The food was delicious; when we went to the harvest tasting, we thought it was a bit lack-luster and cold all-around, but they turned up the flavor at our actual reception. We opted for a late-night snack of pizza in addition to family-style, but many guests did not receive this due to no one telling them it was actually happening. The same thing happened with our passed-desserts. Communication was a bit of an error, I suppose. Shanna Whitaker was great at organizing the evening; the only downside to Shanna's organizing was that she left our reception early, probably around 10 (when it went until midnight), but there were 'interns' left behind. I don't know if it was the interns first night working, but many events were confusing at the end (mainly the sparkler send-off), to where I had to start directing guests where to go (which isn't fun for the bride to stress about at the end of the night!). We would actually give the place 4.5 as a whole, but the beauty is something spectacular! All of our guests had a great time.

My dream wedding!

Reviewed on 8/25/2015 Jenna S

Barr Mansion was the perfect place to hold my dream wedding - gorgeous outdoor gardens to hold the ceremony and an exquisite reception hall allowing plentiful natural light. Unique, bohemian, organic - it was everything we were looking for. That being said, this venue is not... Read More a good fit for any bride or groom. Before I started planning my wedding, my now-husband and I decided that we wanted a stress-free day. We made a list of the things that were critically important to us and left a lot of minor detailing to other people. I would say that, in general, my stress-level as a bride was much lower than average. That is important to think about for brides or grooms looking at this venue. If you are someone who wants to micromanage each and every detail of your wedding, then I would recommend looking elsewhere. The quality and value of Barr Mansion are simply outstanding. Easy five stars. The service, however, is a different story. It can be very difficult to get in touch with anyone at the venue. I generally stuck to email - and although I would usually receive some sort of response eventually, there was no sense of urgency in responding, even days before my wedding. Therefore, if you are someone who needs to be in contact with your venue frequently (like my mother), this is not a good place for you. In my experience, the staff works better with those who are more easy going about wedding details. While we had trouble getting in contact with the staff prior to the wedding, my wedding day was fabulous. Since we were the only wedding that day, the venue was ours. Shanna did an amazing job of keeping everything right on schedule and ensuring I didn't think about anything except enjoying myself. She made sure my husband and I could enjoy a few moments of peace after our ceremony and made sure that we ate before going to our reception. Overall, I ranked Barr Mansion five stars because they helped me create the wedding of my dreams. While they were sometimes hard to reach, I loved getting to know both Lily and Shanna. I would definitely recommend the venue to anyone looking for a casual, vintage, or bohemian-style wedding.

Reviewed on 10/06/2015

before you consider Barr Mansion for your wedding venue please know that my family was a victim of burglary during our sister's wedding and not only that but we were lied to when they failed to disclose at any point that this is not that firs time this has happened. Although... Read More they provide a beautiful and private venue to celebrate with your family and friends they are rather frivolous with their guests belongings, and their well being. They do not have adequate security protocols in place.

2015-10-09T21:41:21 Response from the vendor

We have deep regret that recent burglaries at Barr Mansion have violated all that we know and love about the unique experiences we strive to achieve on your most special day. The Barr Mansion family has been deeply affected by this, and we understand the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 Dana T

While the venue was gorgeous, I am completely disappointed by how certain events at my sister's wedding were handled. We were promised that the house with the bride & groom's rooms would be completely LOCKED up following the ceremony and family photos, and would not be... Read More accessible to ANYONE until the night was over. Following dinner, my mom (mother of the bride) needed her jacket, so I asked an employee for access to the house to get her jacket. Unfortunately, what I found was that my purse, my mom's purse, the maid of honor's purse and several of the newlywed's presents had been stolen from the house because at least one of the windows to the house had NOT been locked and one or more persons trespassed an stole our belongings. They even took my sister's signed marriage license! Adding insult to injury, it has come to my attention that an IDENTICAL theft has occurred LESS THAN A MONTH before my sister's wedding. Sept 5, 2015 was the date of the incident I am now aware of, and my sisters wedding was Oct 3, 2015. Not a single person made an attempt to warn us ahead of time to hide our belongings, remove them from the house, or even just let us know that there had been a theft at the house less then a month before. Even after we discovered the theft, STILL no one made any mention that this had happened before. Everyone acted as if this was a complete fluke. I am shocked, disappointed, sad and angry that I had to miss the second half of my sister's wedding (memories that I can't ever have) due to a situation that SHOULD HAVE BEEN AVOIDED. There should have been a warning to hide our belongings. Someone should have double checked the locks to the house. There should have been someone sitting in the house for security KNOWING that a theft had recently occurred. It's really inexcusable.

2015-10-06T16:36:07 Response from the vendor

I want to personally respond and express how sorry I am with the unfortunate thefts that have recently occurred at Barr. With over 34 years of operation, such occurrences have been rare - and to this degree it has never occurred. Nevertheless, we did have... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/11/2015 Hallie K

Everyone at Barr Mansion was friendly, helpful, accomodating, and made sure our wedding was fun and stress free. I couldn't imagine any other group of people to help me have one of the best nights of my life.

beautiful venue-not so great service

Reviewed on 3/02/2015 Kristin B

My wedding turned out wonderful and the space that barr mansion provides is amazing. They have a lot of space on where to have the ceremony. The wedding coordinator was rude to my family and friends who were trying to help set up some rentals we brought however. Also... Read More what was awful was the cake. We gave them pictures of what our cake was suppose to look like. They did not look like the pictures. One of the cakes was still warm and the icing was melting. However the food was delicious, even though they did not stick to our menu we selected. In the end, the cake and wedding coordinator were little annoyances to an overall picture. The wedding was amazing and the barr mansion is a great space to have a wedding, that is if you don't mind a wedding coordinator with very strong opinions.

Amazing! Stress Free and Gorgeous!

Reviewed on 11/03/2014

I got married in late September at Barr Mansion. I cannot tell you how many of my wedding guests came up to me, my husband, or parents afterwards to let them know how beautiful and fun our wedding was. From the wonderful to the amazing staff (especially the wedding planner), it... Read More was such a stress free wedding and planning process. I am one of three girls, so I am no stranger to how crazy wedding planning can be. This was the third wedding planning experience for my parents; and, they were both amazed at how stress free and well run Barr Mansion is (FYI for the budget minded: my wedding was not the most expensive one my parents have had to throw). With Barr Mansion you get the stress free planning of an almost all inclusive venue without getting a cookie cutter hotel wedding. I also really loved the fact that the reception hall there is as beautiful as the grounds, which meant I didn't have to stress about weather ruining my outdoor wedding. I knew getting married in the barn would be just as beautiful and comfortable for my guests (we did luck out and had awesome weather). All in all, I could not have been happier with my wedding. It was beautiful, fun, and unique. Most important, Barr Mansion and Shanna Whitaker, our planner, took amazing care of me, my husband, my family, the bridal party, and our guests.

Great Venue!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Andrea L

We were married at the Barr Mansion in September and had a very positive experience overall. There were several things I knew I wanted when considering venues: beautiful outdoor and indoor space so that we could get married in a great spot no matter what the weather... Read More situation was; ability to bring our own alcohol; an onsite planner; good food that I did not have to coordinate; a big enough space to accommodate our 200-ish guests; an "Austin-ey" vibe. The Barr Mansion met and exceeded all of my needs. Luckily, we had venue who knew what to do in case of rain because it rained and we had to move the ceremony inside to the ballroom. Everything worked out fine and the indoor ceremony was so beautiful and I wouldn't change a thing. I had a ton of people tell me they didn't even realize it was supposed to be outside. Thea and Shanna were our coordinators and they were both super responsive to all of my email/questions. They were helpful, nice and really took care of the details so I didn't have to think of anything. Oh, and the food is delicious - all grown organically onsite at the Barr. You may read about this being an expensive venue, but if you consider everything factored into the "grand total," you get a lot for your money. The Barr Mansion is a great venue, and I highly recommend it!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Allison T

Barr Mansion is a beautiful venue with immaculate grounds. The food was ridiculously good...our guests raved. Shanna went above and beyond on our wedding night and was a true professional. They deserve every star.

2014-10-31T17:20:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you!!

The Perfect Wedding Experience

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

My daughter found Barr Mansion on line, and she and her fiancé came home after their initial visit raving about its being the perfect venue. Since we live in Houston, the thought of a wedding in Austin was a bit daunting, but she was right! It was the perfect venue for us. The... Read More environment, from the old mansion full of history, to the pecan tree, the site of the ceremony, to the "barn" with its full glass front, to the grounds and gardens where the herbs and vegetables are grown for the reception meal, was exactly what we were looking for for our "vintage wedding" plans. During the course of the year's planning, several changes occurred at the venue. We changed coordinators as changes were made in the employees at Barr.. That turned out to be the best thing that could have happened to us! Our new coordinator was Shanna Whitaker, and no one could have done the job as magnificently as she. We had very specific ideas about what we wanted, and not only did she make those happen, she added suggestions of her own that improved our plan! She was so amenable to everything we wanted to do and was willing to try several things that hadn't been done before at Barr. She "held our hands" throughout the entire process, including the actual night of the wedding with emotional jitters and ant beds, and nothing was left to chance. She and her staff took care of us and of all the details before, during, and after and allowed us to experience our special event worry free. I feel she became a part of our family. The venue is absolutely beautiful and perfect for any wedding, whether inside or outside. Both Shanna and the previous coordinator made suggestions for florists, photographers, and d.j.'s. Many of the vendors suggested do much repeat work with Barr and were knowledgeable about the venue so were able to give us exactly what we were looking for. The food was great, and though we did have some problems the night of the seasonal tasting, Shanna and Thomas worked with us the make sure we were happy with what we finally decided to serve. Our guests LOVED our food! I can't say enough good things about Barr Mansion in general, and Shanna and her staff in particular!

2014-10-31T17:21:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you!!

Best wedding ever!!!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

We had our wedding a week ago at Barr Mansion, and it was the most amazing moment of our lives. If you have never been to Barr, you really need to visit before making your final decision on where to have your wedding and reception. It's located right outside of Austin, close to... Read More many hotels and not a far drive from the airport. The venue itself is absolutely stunning. It's an old, white, picturesque mansion, with the most beautiful grounds. They offer many different locations on the property to have your ceremony; my wife and I chose to have ours under the big, old pecan tree. It was definite memories to last a lifetime. Also, all of the food is organic, and tastes fantastic. They have gardens on the ground, which smell and look amazing!!! Finally, the reception is held in a beautiful barn in the back, with a beautiful glass wall looking out over the grounds and mansion. It is all absolutely stunning! Shanna and the rest of the crew at Barr were unbelievably helpful throughout out entire planning process, which took longer than a year. They answered every question and provided great insight for all the little questions that you wouldn't think of. I could not recommend this place more, and am so ecstatic we chose Barr Mansion!!

My dream venue brought to life!

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Sara H

Barr Mansion was the place I wanted to get married from the beginning of my engagement. The first time we visited, our visit was booked at the same time as a wedding party was arriving to get ready. We had traveled from out of town and this meant we had a very hurried first... Read More impression, and we were so stressed by trying to stay out of the wedding party's way that we didn't really get to ask all the questions we wanted. We started seriously looking into other venues and almost booked one before realizing it would end up just a bit out of our price range and the location wasn't great. We decided to give Barr Mansion another try. Our second visit was so different from the first. This time we met with Elyse, and she was fantastic and laid back. She even helped us find our florist when STEMS was overbooked, and it was a great recommendation. So I guess our first visit was an honest mix-up. Everything from then on was extremely smooth, even planning from far away. We did feel a little passed on from person to person at times (I think this was due to meeting with two different people for tours), but when we finally signed the contract we got some great material to work with and the coordinators were extremely helpful. The harvest tasting was a blast and we enjoyed meeting the other couples getting married around the same time as us and sharing what our ideas were. We were very lucky to have Thea as our coordinator -- it's my understanding she is now in a different role, but she was the perfect blend of organized while not interjecting herself into every wedding moment, as some coordinators can do. She was very behind-the-scenes and did a lot of work to help pull our day off. You truly get great service from all of the staff the day of your wedding by choosing Barr Mansion. They helped load everything into my mom's car at the end of the reception and off we went! They didn't "shoo" me and my new husband out despite us being a brunch wedding (to be fair we made sure everyone else was gone so they could start preparing for the next couple) and the grounds couldn't have been more perfect and beautiful. If you want a place where you won't see another wedding party coming as you are going or leaving as you're arriving, this might not be the place for you. We honestly didn't care, and there was plenty of buffer time built in between. But if you want good value for your money and just an absolute beautiful venue where people will be talking about the lovely grounds and food for months/years to come, this is the place. I would have chosen it again in a second.

Beautiful space

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Roberta R

Barr Mansion makes any event feel so dramatic and romantic. The staff is great too. I highly recommend it.

Beautiful Setting!

Reviewed on 9/09/2014

We had a brunch wedding at the Barr Mansion and our friends have raved that it was the best wedding ever! Shanna, our coordinator, had great ideas and totally helped to make our day as easygoing as possible. Excellent food, too!!

Reviewed on 8/12/2014 Blair B

Barr Mansion is a stunning venue. It will blow away you and your guests. We held our wedding reception (about 100 people) there. We had the full service plated dinner. The food and service was excellent. Barr Mansion has a reputation for being expensive, but I think it lives up... Read More to the price.

Fantastic venue, wonderful people to work with

Reviewed on 4/23/2014 Wendy R

Barr Mansion is a gorgeous venue with wonderful, responsive staff who work hard for you. I worked primarily with Thea, and I can't recommend her enough.

Amazing Venue & Amazing Coordinator

Reviewed on 3/14/2014 Genevieve T

I fell in love with The Barr Mansion and Elyse!! I got married at the Barr Mansion on March 1st and my wedding was the wedding of my dreams and went off without a hitch (Thank you Elyse!!). I was an out of town bride from NYC so at first I was a bit apprehensive about planning a... Read More wedding from so far away but Elyse made it easy and fun and really held my hand throughout the entire process. She is so knowledgeable on weddings and gave me spectacular recommendations and advice whenever I needed it. She always got right back to me on any question or concern and really kept my mind at ease. This venue is beautiful and the food was divine. Coming from NYC we have a high standard for food and Alan and his team in the kitchen completely surpassed everyone’s expectation. People are still calling to say it was the best food at a wedding they have had EVER!! Thank you Elyse and Team for the best day of my life!!

Amazing coordinator and charming place

Reviewed on 1/31/2014 Christine H

We got married at Barr Mansion in early October 2013 and it was a fantastic experience. Barr provided us with everything we wanted in a venue: gorgeous grounds, a unique ballroom, delicious food, and an amazing coordinator. The old Victorian house has such photogenic... Read More interiors and exteriors, which really gave the photographs an antique charm. When people see our photos, they always ask us where we got married because of how unique the spaces are especially for Texas. Guests also raved to me about the food, especially the beef tenderloin so I highly recommend having that on the menu. One of the biggest perks of this place is that it comes with a coordinator, which in retrospect, I couldn't imagine the day without. Elyse, our coordinator, was the absolute best-- she's so organized yet low-key and efficient; plus, she's such a great person to be around and it made the wedding day all that more smooth. I miss working with her! Overall, Barr Mansion is a great place to get married in Austin if you're looking for something more unconventional than a hotel reception and more elegant than a ranch. Plus, your photographers will thank you!

could not have been happier!!!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2013 alison h

We had our wedding at Barr Mansion in September of this year and everything was WONDERFUL!!! the food, service,and staff all exceeded our expectations in every way. Our coordinator was Elyse Shumsky and she was AMAZING!! All of the details were executed perfectly and she made... Read More sure we were able to relax and enjoy our perfect evening with family & friends.. We could not have been happier! Would highly recommend Barr and Elyse to anyone considering a wedding in Austin, TX

Perfect Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 9/04/2013 Elizabeth S

This venue is absolutely perfect. They do it all: set-up, coordinate, food, cake, clean up. They made our special day one to enjoy and not stress over. I couldn't recommend this venue enough.

Why would you get married anywhere else?!

Reviewed on 8/08/2013 Megan L

I had previously been in the wedding business in Austin and was aware of most of the venues that were worth taking a look at before deciding. The moment I actually visited Barr Mansion I felt the most amazing presence there. For starters the historical house. As you walk through... Read More the house the colors, wood detail, staircase and history provides such a rich and inviting atmosphere. Then you walk through the front door and follow the wrap around porch to see this beautiful tree. Immediately I knew I would be married under that tree. Along with the garden and arch way in the back yard, Barr Mansion provides many decorative details. This helped when planning decoration. Very little had to be done for the ceremony because the beauty alone was enough to take your breath away. Then there is the Artisan Ballroom. As you walk through an actual garden full of fresh basil and other plants they will use in their catering, you find this amazing building with a head to toe glass front and a beautiful door frame that they had specially designed. We got married underneath the trees on a surprisingly pleasant July evening with 260 guest. The set-up for our indoor/outdoor seating was perfect for the reception and the food was so delicious. YES, I actually tasted the food on my wedding day because I knew before hand it would be amazing. Plus our Barr Mansion consultant had a special plate just for us. None of this would have been worth the money if I they had not had such an amazing staff. I put together my décor in organized boxes and handed them over to Elyse Shumsky, my consultant, on Friday before the wedding and everything was taken care of. I enlisted a few family members to help with tables but Elyse was the major factor in the coordinating. She was awesome! The whole process was easy and her patience made it stress free. After two meetings and a food tasting before the wedding we were set for the big day. Clean up was included so that you or your loved ones didn't have to worry about doing all of that after a long day. 90% of our guest were from out of town and they too could not stop raving about Barr Mansion. Barr Mansion is the best in Austin and they book fast!! Ask for Elyse!

Beautiful venue

Reviewed on 6/18/2013 Victoria A

Beautiful venue, great venue coordinator (elyse), food turned out great even though we didn't like it at the tasting, and service was good overall. It can be a bit pricey since they charge for everything (like putting out cocktail tables)

Reviewed on 6/11/2013 Carolyn P

Thanks to Elyse and the staff at Barr Mansion, my daughter's wedding was a magical experience. Everything was orchestrated perfectly. The mansion was a beautiful setting for bride and groom preparations, the grounds were beautifully manicured and the food was delicious. Elyse... Read More is simply wonderful to work with! We were able to turn things over to her with complete confidence that everything would be just as we wanted. I highly recommend Elyse, event coordinator, and Barr Mansion.

The Perfect Day

Reviewed on 6/05/2013 Kirby V

Our wedding day was absolutely perfect thanks to Barr Mansion. The thing that drew us to Barr Mansion (other than the stunning venue) was that Rick and Elyse would be there throughout the planning process and would take care of us on the day of the wedding. Both Elyse and... Read More Rick were very quick to respond and always patient in answering any questions we had during the planning process. It was definitely a great feeling showing up on our wedding day knowing that our day would be in good hands. We were married under the pecan tree in late April and the grounds were STUNNING. If you can snag a date in late April/early May DO IT! The weather was comfortable, the tree had leafed out, the grass was bright green and all the spring flowers were in bloom. The appetizers, dinner and wedding cake were all delicious and we even took advantage of the brick oven to have a late night pizza snack for all our guests. One thing we really liked about Barr Mansion was that we were able to provide the alcohol, which really made a difference in our alcohol budget compared to the pricey "alcohol packages" offered by most wedding venues. Everyone kept telling me that "something always goes wrong on your wedding day" but that couldn't have been further from the truth when it came to our wedding. Elyse ran everything so smoothly that we never had to worry about a single thing. She kept us on schedule but was never pushy and worked with our DJ to make sure everyone knew what was happening. The evening went by so quickly, but we were both able to relax and enjoy the moment with our friends and family which, in the end, is exactly what everyone wants for their wedding. I couldn't recommend Barr Mansion and their incredible staff more. They truly made our wedding perfect. Thank you, Elyse, Rick and Barr Mansion!