Barr Mansion & Artisan Ballroom

(41)

Austin, TX

Capacity: Up to 400 | WEBSITE | PHONE

Creating the Wedding of your Dreams

Barr Mansion offers a one-of-a-kind setting for indoor/outdoor weddings, featuring versatile and well-manicured grounds, an Eastlake Victorian mansion, sustainably-crafted modern ballroom, full-service planning, and certified organic cuisine.

• Indoor Ceremony Area

• Valet Parking

• Wheelchair Accessible

$$$

Style

Banquet/Reception Hall, Loft/Raw Space, Mansion/Historic Site, Unusual/Alternative

10463 Sprinkle Road, Austin, TX

The Perfect Wedding Experience

11/06/2015

My daughter found Barr Mansion on line, and she and her fiancé came home after their initial visit raving about its being the perfect venue. Since we live in Houston, the thought of a wedding in Austin was a bit daunting, but she was right! It was the perfect venue for us. The environment, from the old mansion full of history, to the pecan tree, the site of the ceremony, to the "barn" with its full glass front, to the grounds and gardens where the herbs and vegetables are grown for the reception meal, was exactly what we were looking for for our "vintage wedding" plans. During the course of the year's planning, several changes occurred at the venue. We changed coordinators as changes were made in the employees at Barr.. That turned out to be the best thing that could have happened to us! Our new coordinator was Shanna Whitaker, and no one could have done the job as magnificently as she. We had very specific ideas about what we wanted, and not only did she make those happen, she added suggestions of her own that improved our plan! She was so amenable to everything we wanted to do and was willing to try several things that hadn't been done before at Barr. She "held our hands" throughout the entire process, including the actual night of the wedding with emotional jitters and ant beds, and nothing was left to chance. She and her staff took care of us and of all the details before, during, and after and allowed us to experience our special event worry free. I feel she became a part of our family. The venue is absolutely beautiful and perfect for any wedding, whether inside or outside. Both Shanna and the previous coordinator made suggestions for florists, photographers, and d.j.'s. Many of the vendors suggested do much repeat work with Barr and were knowledgeable about the venue so were able to give us exactly what we were looking for. The food was great, and though we did have some problems the night of the seasonal tasting, Shanna and Thomas worked with us the make sure we were happy with what we finally decided to serve. Our guests LOVED our food! I can't say enough good things about Barr Mansion in general, and Shanna and her staff in particular!

Outstanding.

10/18/2014 Allison T

Barr Mansion is a beautiful venue with immaculate grounds. The food was ridiculously good...our guests raved. Shanna went above and beyond on our wedding night and was a true professional. They deserve every star.

Best wedding ever!!!!

10/24/2014

We had our wedding a week ago at Barr Mansion, and it was the most amazing moment of our lives. If you have never been to Barr, you really need to visit before making your final decision on where to have your wedding and reception. It's located right outside of Austin, close to many hotels and not a far drive from the airport. The venue itself is absolutely stunning. It's an old, white, picturesque mansion, with the most beautiful grounds. They offer many different locations on the property to have your ceremony; my wife and I chose to have ours under the big, old pecan tree. It was definite memories to last a lifetime. Also, all of the food is organic, and tastes fantastic. They have gardens on the ground, which smell and look amazing!!! Finally, the reception is held in a beautiful barn in the back, with a beautiful glass wall looking out over the grounds and mansion. It is all absolutely stunning! Shanna and the rest of the crew at Barr were unbelievably helpful throughout out entire planning process, which took longer than a year. They answered every question and provided great insight for all the little questions that you wouldn't think of. I could not recommend this place more, and am so ecstatic we chose Barr Mansion!!

beautiful venue-not so great service

1/03/2015 Kristin B

My wedding turned out wonderful and the space that barr mansion provides is amazing. They have a lot of space on where to have the ceremony. The wedding coordinator was rude to my family and friends who were trying to help set up some rentals we brought however. Also what was awful was the cake. We gave them pictures of what our cake was suppose to look like. They did not look like the pictures. One of the cakes was still warm and the icing was melting. However the food was delicious, even though they did not stick to our menu we selected. In the end, the cake and wedding coordinator were little annoyances to an overall picture. The wedding was amazing and the barr mansion is a great space to have a wedding, that is if you don't mind a wedding coordinator with very strong opinions.

Amazing! Stress Free and Gorgeous!

9/28/2014

I got married in late September at Barr Mansion. I cannot tell you how many of my wedding guests came up to me, my husband, or parents afterwards to let them know how beautiful and fun our wedding was. From the wonderful to the amazing staff (especially the wedding planner), it was such a stress free wedding and planning process. I am one of three girls, so I am no stranger to how crazy wedding planning can be. This was the third wedding planning experience for my parents; and, they were both amazed at how stress free and well run Barr Mansion is (FYI for the budget minded: my wedding was not the most expensive one my parents have had to throw). With Barr Mansion you get the stress free planning of an almost all inclusive venue without getting a cookie cutter hotel wedding. I also really loved the fact that the reception hall there is as beautiful as the grounds, which meant I didn't have to stress about weather ruining my outdoor wedding. I knew getting married in the barn would be just as beautiful and comfortable for my guests (we did luck out and had awesome weather). All in all, I could not have been happier with my wedding. It was beautiful, fun, and unique. Most important, Barr Mansion and Shanna Whitaker, our planner, took amazing care of me, my husband, my family, the bridal party, and our guests.

Great Venue!

9/19/2014 Andrea L

We were married at the Barr Mansion in September and had a very positive experience overall. There were several things I knew I wanted when considering venues: beautiful outdoor and indoor space so that we could get married in a great spot no matter what the weather situation was; ability to bring our own alcohol; an onsite planner; good food that I did not have to coordinate; a big enough space to accommodate our 200-ish guests; an "Austin-ey" vibe. The Barr Mansion met and exceeded all of my needs. Luckily, we had venue who knew what to do in case of rain because it rained and we had to move the ceremony inside to the ballroom. Everything worked out fine and the indoor ceremony was so beautiful and I wouldn't change a thing. I had a ton of people tell me they didn't even realize it was supposed to be outside. Thea and Shanna were our coordinators and they were both super responsive to all of my email/questions. They were helpful, nice and really took care of the details so I didn't have to think of anything. Oh, and the food is delicious - all grown organically onsite at the Barr. You may read about this being an expensive venue, but if you consider everything factored into the "grand total," you get a lot for your money. The Barr Mansion is a great venue, and I highly recommend it!

My dream venue brought to life!

5/04/2014 Sara H

Barr Mansion was the place I wanted to get married from the beginning of my engagement. The first time we visited, our visit was booked at the same time as a wedding party was arriving to get ready. We had traveled from out of town and this meant we had a very hurried first impression, and we were so stressed by trying to stay out of the wedding party's way that we didn't really get to ask all the questions we wanted. We started seriously looking into other venues and almost booked one before realizing it would end up just a bit out of our price range and the location wasn't great. We decided to give Barr Mansion another try. Our second visit was so different from the first. This time we met with Elyse, and she was fantastic and laid back. She even helped us find our florist when STEMS was overbooked, and it was a great recommendation. So I guess our first visit was an honest mix-up. Everything from then on was extremely smooth, even planning from far away. We did feel a little passed on from person to person at times (I think this was due to meeting with two different people for tours), but when we finally signed the contract we got some great material to work with and the coordinators were extremely helpful. The harvest tasting was a blast and we enjoyed meeting the other couples getting married around the same time as us and sharing what our ideas were. We were very lucky to have Thea as our coordinator -- it's my understanding she is now in a different role, but she was the perfect blend of organized while not interjecting herself into every wedding moment, as some coordinators can do. She was very behind-the-scenes and did a lot of work to help pull our day off. You truly get great service from all of the staff the day of your wedding by choosing Barr Mansion. They helped load everything into my mom's car at the end of the reception and off we went! They didn't "shoo" me and my new husband out despite us being a brunch wedding (to be fair we made sure everyone else was gone so they could start preparing for the next couple) and the grounds couldn't have been more perfect and beautiful. If you want a place where you won't see another wedding party coming as you are going or leaving as you're arriving, this might not be the place for you. We honestly didn't care, and there was plenty of buffer time built in between. But if you want good value for your money and just an absolute beautiful venue where people will be talking about the lovely grounds and food for months/years to come, this is the place. I would have chosen it again in a second.

Beautiful space

2/14/2015 Roberta R

Barr Mansion makes any event feel so dramatic and romantic. The staff is great too. I highly recommend it.

Beautiful Setting!

8/31/2015

We had a brunch wedding at the Barr Mansion and our friends have raved that it was the best wedding ever! Shanna, our coordinator, had great ideas and totally helped to make our day as easygoing as possible. Excellent food, too!!

Exquisite

6/28/2014 Blair B

Barr Mansion is a stunning venue. It will blow away you and your guests. We held our wedding reception (about 100 people) there. We had the full service plated dinner. The food and service was excellent. Barr Mansion has a reputation for being expensive, but I think it lives up to the price.

Fantastic venue, wonderful people to work with

4/05/2014 Wendy R

Barr Mansion is a gorgeous venue with wonderful, responsive staff who work hard for you. I worked primarily with Thea, and I can't recommend her enough.

Amazing Venue & Amazing Coordinator

3/01/2014 Genevieve T

I fell in love with The Barr Mansion and Elyse!! I got married at the Barr Mansion on March 1st and my wedding was the wedding of my dreams and went off without a hitch (Thank you Elyse!!). I was an out of town bride from NYC so at first I was a bit apprehensive about planning a wedding from so far away but Elyse made it easy and fun and really held my hand throughout the entire process. She is so knowledgeable on weddings and gave me spectacular recommendations and advice whenever I needed it. She always got right back to me on any question or concern and really kept my mind at ease. This venue is beautiful and the food was divine. Coming from NYC we have a high standard for food and Alan and his team in the kitchen completely surpassed everyone’s expectation. People are still calling to say it was the best food at a wedding they have had EVER!! Thank you Elyse and Team for the best day of my life!!

Amazing coordinator and charming place

10/05/2013 Christine H

We got married at Barr Mansion in early October 2013 and it was a fantastic experience. Barr provided us with everything we wanted in a venue: gorgeous grounds, a unique ballroom, delicious food, and an amazing coordinator. The old Victorian house has such photogenic interiors and exteriors, which really gave the photographs an antique charm. When people see our photos, they always ask us where we got married because of how unique the spaces are especially for Texas. Guests also raved to me about the food, especially the beef tenderloin so I highly recommend having that on the menu. One of the biggest perks of this place is that it comes with a coordinator, which in retrospect, I couldn't imagine the day without. Elyse, our coordinator, was the absolute best-- she's so organized yet low-key and efficient; plus, she's such a great person to be around and it made the wedding day all that more smooth. I miss working with her! Overall, Barr Mansion is a great place to get married in Austin if you're looking for something more unconventional than a hotel reception and more elegant than a ranch. Plus, your photographers will thank you!

could not have been happier!!!!

9/21/2013 alison h

We had our wedding at Barr Mansion in September of this year and everything was WONDERFUL!!! the food, service,and staff all exceeded our expectations in every way. Our coordinator was Elyse Shumsky and she was AMAZING!! All of the details were executed perfectly and she made sure we were able to relax and enjoy our perfect evening with family & friends.. We could not have been happier! Would highly recommend Barr and Elyse to anyone considering a wedding in Austin, TX

Perfect Wedding Venue

8/09/2013 Elizabeth S

This venue is absolutely perfect. They do it all: set-up, coordinate, food, cake, clean up. They made our special day one to enjoy and not stress over. I couldn't recommend this venue enough.

Why would you get married anywhere else?!

7/20/2013 Megan L

I had previously been in the wedding business in Austin and was aware of most of the venues that were worth taking a look at before deciding. The moment I actually visited Barr Mansion I felt the most amazing presence there. For starters the historical house. As you walk through the house the colors, wood detail, staircase and history provides such a rich and inviting atmosphere. Then you walk through the front door and follow the wrap around porch to see this beautiful tree. Immediately I knew I would be married under that tree. Along with the garden and arch way in the back yard, Barr Mansion provides many decorative details. This helped when planning decoration. Very little had to be done for the ceremony because the beauty alone was enough to take your breath away. Then there is the Artisan Ballroom. As you walk through an actual garden full of fresh basil and other plants they will use in their catering, you find this amazing building with a head to toe glass front and a beautiful door frame that they had specially designed. We got married underneath the trees on a surprisingly pleasant July evening with 260 guest. The set-up for our indoor/outdoor seating was perfect for the reception and the food was so delicious. YES, I actually tasted the food on my wedding day because I knew before hand it would be amazing. Plus our Barr Mansion consultant had a special plate just for us. None of this would have been worth the money if I they had not had such an amazing staff. I put together my décor in organized boxes and handed them over to Elyse Shumsky, my consultant, on Friday before the wedding and everything was taken care of. I enlisted a few family members to help with tables but Elyse was the major factor in the coordinating. She was awesome! The whole process was easy and her patience made it stress free. After two meetings and a food tasting before the wedding we were set for the big day. Clean up was included so that you or your loved ones didn't have to worry about doing all of that after a long day. 90% of our guest were from out of town and they too could not stop raving about Barr Mansion. Barr Mansion is the best in Austin and they book fast!! Ask for Elyse!

Beautiful venue

6/01/2013 Victoria A

Beautiful venue, great venue coordinator (elyse), food turned out great even though we didn't like it at the tasting, and service was good overall. It can be a bit pricey since they charge for everything (like putting out cocktail tables)

Magical

6/07/2013 Carolyn P

Thanks to Elyse and the staff at Barr Mansion, my daughter's wedding was a magical experience. Everything was orchestrated perfectly. The mansion was a beautiful setting for bride and groom preparations, the grounds were beautifully manicured and the food was delicious. Elyse is simply wonderful to work with! We were able to turn things over to her with complete confidence that everything would be just as we wanted. I highly recommend Elyse, event coordinator, and Barr Mansion.

The Perfect Day

4/27/2013 Kirby V

Our wedding day was absolutely perfect thanks to Barr Mansion. The thing that drew us to Barr Mansion (other than the stunning venue) was that Rick and Elyse would be there throughout the planning process and would take care of us on the day of the wedding. Both Elyse and Rick were very quick to respond and always patient in answering any questions we had during the planning process. It was definitely a great feeling showing up on our wedding day knowing that our day would be in good hands. We were married under the pecan tree in late April and the grounds were STUNNING. If you can snag a date in late April/early May DO IT! The weather was comfortable, the tree had leafed out, the grass was bright green and all the spring flowers were in bloom. The appetizers, dinner and wedding cake were all delicious and we even took advantage of the brick oven to have a late night pizza snack for all our guests. One thing we really liked about Barr Mansion was that we were able to provide the alcohol, which really made a difference in our alcohol budget compared to the pricey "alcohol packages" offered by most wedding venues. Everyone kept telling me that "something always goes wrong on your wedding day" but that couldn't have been further from the truth when it came to our wedding. Elyse ran everything so smoothly that we never had to worry about a single thing. She kept us on schedule but was never pushy and worked with our DJ to make sure everyone knew what was happening. The evening went by so quickly, but we were both able to relax and enjoy the moment with our friends and family which, in the end, is exactly what everyone wants for their wedding. I couldn't recommend Barr Mansion and their incredible staff more. They truly made our wedding perfect. Thank you, Elyse, Rick and Barr Mansion!

Best day of my life!

4/26/2013 Emily N

Absolutely loved Barr Mansion! It's only been a month since our wedding but my husband & I are still receiving comments on our beautiful venue! The food was amazing & the staff was so professional. I had to worry about NOTHING. The night was magical & very organic, in the sense that everything seemed to flow very naturally. I appreciated that very much. I would recommend Barr Mansion hands down above any other venue! I was the happiest bride in the world! :)

Amazing Wedding Venue Despite Behind-the-Scenes Problems

4/21/2013 Page F

We were married at Barr Mansion last weekend. It was the first of more than a dozen venues we looked at, and it was honestly love at first sight. The mansion, ballroom, and the property as a whole, is gorgeous. Hannah was the only person in our venue search that took the time to sit down with us after the site tour and go over options and pricing in great detail. She was the one who earned our business. We chose the pecan tree for our ceremony. We found comfort in the fact that if the April weather didn’t cooperate, the rain plan was still very appealing. We planned everything from out-of-state, so it was awesome to have a venue that handled the day-of coordination, food, cakes, tables, chairs, linens and dinnerware in-house. We have fairly discerning tastes in beer and wine, so we enjoyed having the freedom to bring in our own alcohol. We did, however, run into some issues. After Hannah’s departure from her job at Barr, Rick informed us that he would be our new coordinator. Then, we were promptly reassigned to work with to Elyse instead, “since our wedding was on a Sunday.” After the Elyse hand off, I e-mailed her and Rick to confirm the time of our rehearsal. Rick said our rehearsal would be held on Saturday, the day before our wedding (naturally). Elyse e-mailed us the same day informing us that the rehearsal would have to be on Friday, since Saturday was booked all day with events. Since 85% of our guests were coming to Austin from out of town, moving the rehearsal to Friday would have caused major problems. We decided to call Rick about everything (why wouldn’t he call us?). The rehearsal was on for Saturday, and I was assured everything would be fine. One week later, we were informed that our day-of coordinator would be Nicole instead. Now on our fourth coordinator, all the small details we talked about with Hannah on day one had been completely lost. We feel we were continuously handed off because we were having a small wedding on a Sunday. The good news is that Miss Nicole totally saved the day. She was in touch with us immediately and put two in-person planning meetings on the calendar when she knew we would be in town visiting. She did an awesome job of making sure all the small details were perfect. She even helped us get a custom cake flavor that was not on the tasting menu, even though Rick told us he would research it when we saw him at the harvest tasting (where we saw him drinking alcohol). We submitted our guest count two days before our contracted deadline, and when I asked to add our vendor meals the day before the final count was due, Rick wrote back saying that it was too late to add them. He suggested we call Jason’s Deli to deliver food for them. We honestly thought he was kidding – he wasn’t. Luckily, the chef was able to add to our food order to accommodate us. All that said, our day was amazing. We are still getting compliments on the gorgeous venue and the food. Nicole seriously worked her butt off to make sure everything was perfect. She kept the evening running smoothly, and made sure we were comfortable from the second we arrived until right before the send off. THANK YOU, NICOLE!!! If you book an event at Barr, be prepared to be extremely proactive about communication. Double check the costs and payment due dates on your paperwork before you sign anything (ours was wrong). Based on our experience, you will likely be the one to confirm details, receipt of paperwork, deposits and payments.

beautiful but expensive

3/23/2013 Elizabeth K

beautiful just out of my price range

best venue ever

5/18/2012 Megan K

We really enjoyed Barr Mansion! The food is amazing and the staff is so great! We enjoyed all the detail that Rick put into getting our day setup. I fully recommend Barr Mansion to everyone! From country weddings to vintage weddings it is the perfect venue!

Our Vintage Brunch Wedding Was Amazing!

5/12/2012 Chylin C

This venue is beautiful! Our wedding was great, there were a few things that went wrong with minor details (i.e. the champagne wasn't set up in our rooms before and the ice cream bar for the groom's cake didn't make it out before the cake was served) but really nothing major to complain about. Our guests could not stop talking about how great the food was and how much fun they had! You can do so much with the decorations for this venue so it's fitting for any style of wedding (especially if you're a fan of Pinterest crafts!). Hannah and Rick went out of their way during the entire 1.5 yrs we were planning the wedding (yep, for that long they remained truly committed to outstanding customer service!). Thanks Barr Mansion! Our wedding was everything we imagined and more!

Barr Mansion

12/30/2011 Chrystie P

I loved everything about Barr Mansion! They do all the catering and cakes so I didn't have to waste time trying to find someone I liked. They use local, organic ingredients too. The staff was incredibily friendly. My wedding wouldn't have been what it was without the help of Hannah, my Barr Mansion coordinator!

Send Email