Barr Mansion & Artisan Ballroom

Austin, TX

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Weddings, events + organic, farm to table cuisine.

Barr Mansion offers a one-of-a-kind setting for indoor/outdoor weddings, featuring versatile and well-manicured grounds, an Eastlake Victorian mansion, sustainably-crafted modern ballroom, full-service planning, and certified organic cuisine.

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Barn, Garden, Estate, Historic Venue

Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning

10463 Sprinkle Road, Austin, TX (512) 926-6907

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Susan J

We got married in August and had last minute rain, but Barr Mansion has a beautiful Plan B (the ballroom) and everything turned out great! The food was good and the schedule ran smoothly, our coordinator, Krystal Wigfield, was AWESOME. She went above and beyond to make sure... Read More everything ran smoothly and that I had everything I needed. Thank you Krystal and Barr Mansion!

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 Lori F

We were married at Barr Mansion August 1st, 2015, and we also had our wedding reception there. We absolutely LOVED the scenery. The giant pecan tree was in full bloom, and many of our guests thought it was the most beautiful wedding they have ever been to. The ballroom is great... Read More for a reception; it's big, spacious, and easy to maneuver wherever guests need to be. Some of the tables and chairs were WAY too close to one-another, so it made it hard for us to say hello to some guests in the back without catching our clothing on a chair. The food was delicious; when we went to the harvest tasting, we thought it was a bit lack-luster and cold all-around, but they turned up the flavor at our actual reception. We opted for a late-night snack of pizza in addition to family-style, but many guests did not receive this due to no one telling them it was actually happening. The same thing happened with our passed-desserts. Communication was a bit of an error, I suppose. Shanna Whitaker was great at organizing the evening; the only downside to Shanna's organizing was that she left our reception early, probably around 10 (when it went until midnight), but there were 'interns' left behind. I don't know if it was the interns first night working, but many events were confusing at the end (mainly the sparkler send-off), to where I had to start directing guests where to go (which isn't fun for the bride to stress about at the end of the night!). We would actually give the place 4.5 as a whole, but the beauty is something spectacular! All of our guests had a great time.

My dream wedding!

Reviewed on 8/25/2015 Jenna S

Barr Mansion was the perfect place to hold my dream wedding - gorgeous outdoor gardens to hold the ceremony and an exquisite reception hall allowing plentiful natural light. Unique, bohemian, organic - it was everything we were looking for. That being said, this venue is not... Read More a good fit for any bride or groom. Before I started planning my wedding, my now-husband and I decided that we wanted a stress-free day. We made a list of the things that were critically important to us and left a lot of minor detailing to other people. I would say that, in general, my stress-level as a bride was much lower than average. That is important to think about for brides or grooms looking at this venue. If you are someone who wants to micromanage each and every detail of your wedding, then I would recommend looking elsewhere. The quality and value of Barr Mansion are simply outstanding. Easy five stars. The service, however, is a different story. It can be very difficult to get in touch with anyone at the venue. I generally stuck to email - and although I would usually receive some sort of response eventually, there was no sense of urgency in responding, even days before my wedding. Therefore, if you are someone who needs to be in contact with your venue frequently (like my mother), this is not a good place for you. In my experience, the staff works better with those who are more easy going about wedding details. While we had trouble getting in contact with the staff prior to the wedding, my wedding day was fabulous. Since we were the only wedding that day, the venue was ours. Shanna did an amazing job of keeping everything right on schedule and ensuring I didn't think about anything except enjoying myself. She made sure my husband and I could enjoy a few moments of peace after our ceremony and made sure that we ate before going to our reception. Overall, I ranked Barr Mansion five stars because they helped me create the wedding of my dreams. While they were sometimes hard to reach, I loved getting to know both Lily and Shanna. I would definitely recommend the venue to anyone looking for a casual, vintage, or bohemian-style wedding.

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Sarah S

We used Barr Mansion for both our ceremony and reception and we couldn't have been happier with our choice. As a same-sex couple, feeling comfortable with who we were working with was very important to us and Caroline and Krystal made us feel at ease from the day we met them... Read More both. Caroline was so helpful in the early stages of planning and responded to our millions of emails so quickly! Krystal was our day of coordinator and thought of everything; there wasn't a thing she missed that we were aware of! Her creativity, thoughtfulness and excitement truly made you feel like the most special couple to pass through Barr Mansion's doors. All of our guests raved about the food and you really can't go wrong with any of their food options, it's really that good! The mansion's property speaks for itself, the food is incredible and Caroline and Krystal really push the experience over the top! We couldn't recommend it more!

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Nicole D

Barr Mansion was such a wonderful venue to work with. My husband and I only looked at 3 venues total and I knew instantly that Barr Mansion was going to be my choice. It had everything I was looking for. I knew as soon as I saw the historic house and beautiful grounds, that it... Read More fit my vintage style perfectly. They also have a new ballroom, which is just as beautiful, and they designed it perfectly for weddings. I could not be more happy with my choice. I love that they are a package deal. You get the ceremony site, the reception site and a full menu to choose from! The food was amazing. We got SO many compliments from our guests at just how amazing the food was. We also got numerous compliments at how beautiful the venue was, how friendly and helpful the staff was, and how smoothly the entire even went off without a hitch. Everyone was truly satisfied. The staff was very responsive to my phone calls and emails leading up to the big day. They are very experienced and will take care of everything for you. They also have a long list of suggested vendors that they usually work with, which can be very helpful. They are well organized, prepared and professional. Just a side note, you can not beat Barr Mansion in the Spring time, it is truly beautiful. Also, they are a pet friendly venue, which is very popular these days. I wish I could do it all over again! There is no stress when you book this venue. They walk you through it every step of the way and will take care of everything. Thank you to Barr Mansion and their wonderful team for helping make my dreams come true.

Reviewed on 11/12/2016 Laura H

Absolutely perfect! I was an out-of-town (Brooklyn) bride planning my wedding in Austin. I also decided to bring in several outside vendors for lighting and decor. We wanted a venue where we could stay as late as we want and play music as late as we want. We had our ceremony,... Read More cocktail hour, and dinner all out on the lawn and dancing in the ballroom. The venue is absolutely stunning as backdrop. There are tons of options for setup and the staff is open to creative, new ways of working. The food was delicious and commented on by the guests. I particularly loved the cake, the chocolate one with caramel drip. We also loved the group tasting they had. It was a perfect opportunity to taste the options and also speak to other couples getting married around the same time. Although I loved how the day turned out and I wouldn't change it for me, what I learned from those conversations is you really can do most of what you need to do within the offerings from Barr, without bringing in outside vendors. So if you're on a budget, definitely consider that. Now I have to talk about Krystal, our coordinator. She was absolutely amazing!! Planning the wedding from across the country was challenging but I had so much confidence in her that I knew the day would be flawless, and it was. She was super organized and provided helpful suggestions. She was great with follow-up. I really trusted her. Actually, it felt like planning a wedding with a friend. I chose to have a planner in addition to Krystal to help with contracts and day of, mainly because I was planning from afar. If you can handle your own contracts, Krystal is more than competent to handle your day of. You don't need anyone else. The staff and service was also great. I had no interaction with them which means that Krystal managed the team well. I do have to mention one incident, because I would want to know as a bride. We did have a wallet stolen out of the mansion. They provided a security guard but it still happened. My guess is that it's hard for the guard to know who to let in and who not. If you're going with Barr, maybe try to work out some sort of entry list for the guard or something. Barr was helpful in resolving the issue. If I had to do it all over again, I would choose Barr over and over. Thank you to all the Barr staff and a special thank you to Krystal! Our day was perfect!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Sam C

LOVE this place!! It could not have been more perfect. From the awesome staff to gorgeous venue to delicious food - we could not have been happier. I could go on and on, but this is what dreams are made for weddings. We couldn't have picked a better venue. Happy to answer any... Read More questions because everyone would be fortunate to get married here!

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Kelly N

From the moment we walked onto the property during our initial visit my family and my hubby's family feel in love with this place! It's the perfect mixture of modern and romantic. Our wedding was in October of 2016 and everything was beyond my (high) expectations. Their onsite... Read More coordinator Krystal Wigfield is THE BEST. She made sure our wedding day went smoothly and was always one step ahead. They also take care of catering and the food is delicious, you can't do better. My husband is allergic to nuts and I wanted him to be able to eat everything at our wedding without worry. They went over every single ingredient with us multiple times to make sure we were 100% nut free. I am so appreciative to the whole staff at Barr Mansion. Our friends and family are still talking about what an amazing day it was and we have to agree!! Thank you Barr Mansion for giving us the setting to our happiest day. 10 stars!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Teri T

Gorgeous venue, makes for perfect pictures. Krystal is a phenomenal planner and will make your wedding planning and day of execution a dream. She's a thoughtful, decisive, "get shit done" sort of lady and you will be glad you chose Barr for her services alone. If I had to dock... Read More Barr for anything, it would be a fraction of a star for the food. It's good, but not excellent (though the cake was superb). We'd still get married there again if we could :)

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Ronda K

The Barr Mansion was amazing in every way! Such a beautiful Venue the mansion, glass barn ballroom and the grounds with the huge Pecan tree! Everything went smoothly from start to finish. Our Coordinator, Krystal I can't say enough about...so organized and kept us all on track... Read More leading up to the big day. The day of the wedding Krystal made sure everything was perfect! The food was so good! Our guests committed over and over how delicious the food was. Best salmon we have ever had! The wedding cake came out exactly like the picture we gave them and tasted great! I would highly recommend The Barr Mansion! Mother of the Bride

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Rebecca D

We got married at Barr Mansion in early October and it is without question one of the most beautiful wedding venues in Austin! Even though we didn't need it, we loved that they have a great "plan B" location in case of rain (the Farmstead). On top of that, they provide food... Read More (delicious), cake (beautiful), furniture, bartenders, clean-up, and an amazing day-of Coordinater (Krystal). Highly recommended!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Jenny M

My brother and his wife had their beautiful wedding at Barr Mansion on March 26, 2016. What initially sold the bride (and all of us) were the obvious gorgeous grounds, mansion and ballroom. But what made the whole experience so magical was the staff. They were on call at any... Read More time we needed them and made the entire process extremely stress-free for the bride and everyone involved. The wedding was traditional and every part of the night was on schedule. Each transition from the speeches to the groomsmen dance to the flower toss were so natural. The food and cake were delicious and I love that everything is organic and a lot of the produce is from their garden. After all of us had danced the night away, my feet were aching in my heels so Shanna brought me flip flops to ensure the partying would continue. Little details like those are what any bride should look for in a staff for her special day. I can't recommend this venue more not only for the stunning property but the ease the staff allows all of us to feel. It was truly one of the best nights I've ever had.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Hollis E

If the gorgeous tree and glowing ballroom are not enough, then check out the plantation house and talk to the staff. This venue was the best decision my husband and I made for our wedding (other than the "I do's"). The staff is quick to answer any questions, they are on top of... Read More decorations and wedding party/family, and are just downright fun! I felt stress-free throughout this experience due to open communication, friendliness, and the fact that they offer organic and locally grown delicious food and cakes. I could not be more thrilled with the way this day worked out due to the accommodations of the venue/staff. You need tables and chairs? They supply them. You are worried about rain? They have multiple back-up plans. You have a tight budget? They work with you (also try reading 'Practical Weddings' by Meg Keene this melts your stress). Ultimately what I am saying is this is the BEST venue complete with staff in Austin!

Reviewed on 6/06/2016 Emily H

Amazing. I cannot write enough about how perfect this venue is and how much more helpful the staff was! Shanna and her staff were amazing! She was ALWAYS on top of everything. I was an out-of-town bride, so a lot of my questions through email were random and about details I... Read More could've seen while there -- but she was very patient with me and answered everything with enthusiasm. She made sure that EVERYTHING was taken care of on the day-of and set-up day. I am so glad to have had her there on the day...I she just made everything so easy and I could focus on the beautiful moments that were happening in front of me. The spaces are so perfect. Really, anywhere you look there is picturesque moment to capture. I am from Texas, but didn't want to have a "texas" wedding. This was just the right amount of southern charm but very elegant and able to be dressed up. One thing that really sold me on the location, was the many different, equally beautiful options of locations on premises to have the ceremony and reception. I didn't have to worry about weather ruining my wedding, because I knew we could move inside to somewhere that I would love just as much. The food is amazing and so unique! I could tell the chef so passionate about the food and the principles behind it, so I did not have to worry about having that "blah" wedding food. I really loved what they are doing with being certified organic -- it is not easy! I had the perfect wedding thanks to the Barr Mansion and Shanna :)

Reviewed on 4/17/2016

No other words than excellent. Everything they did was done with pure excellence. I will recommend them a hundred times over to anyone who asks! Thank you Barr Mansion for helping make my wedding day the best day of my life!!

Reviewed on 4/12/2016 Bekah

I got married here in March and everything was amazing! Shanna and the Barr Mansion staff did such a great job helping us plan and not get stressed out. I would highly recommend this dream venue!!

Reviewed on 1/25/2016 Nicole S

I cannot say enough good things about Shanna and the rest of the staff at The Barr Mansion! They truly try to make your wedding planning experience as easy as possible. Our wedding was everything we could have hoped for and more because of the people at The Barr Mansion! No... Read More matter where you decide to have your ceremony on site, every single inch of this place is stunning! We initially wanted to have our ceremony outside by the tree, but the weather decided otherwise. Our plan B in the farmstead was still as beautiful as the tree would have been. Shanna and the team were so quick to help rearrange things and make the area look exactly how we wanted. Everyone that has commented to us about our wedding, the common thing that everyone had to say was how amazing the food was. They could not stop raving about it and saying that it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding! We would recommend The Barr Mansion to anyone ten times over!!

Reviewed on 1/20/2016 Jan B

Our wedding at Barr Mansion was absolutely perfect! The grounds looked beautiful, the day-of coordinator ensured the timeline ran smoothly, and the guests are still raving about how tasty our dinner was! A truly magical day - I would recommend Barr Mansion to any bride!

Reviewed on 10/06/2015

before you consider Barr Mansion for your wedding venue please know that my family was a victim of burglary during our sister's wedding and not only that but we were lied to when they failed to disclose at any point that this is not that firs time this has happened. Although... Read More they provide a beautiful and private venue to celebrate with your family and friends they are rather frivolous with their guests belongings, and their well being. They do not have adequate security protocols in place.

2015-10-09T21:41:21 Response from the vendor

We have deep regret that recent burglaries at Barr Mansion have violated all that we know and love about the unique experiences we strive to achieve on your most special day. The Barr Mansion family has been deeply affected by this, and we understand the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 Dana T

While the venue was gorgeous, I am completely disappointed by how certain events at my sister's wedding were handled. We were promised that the house with the bride & groom's rooms would be completely LOCKED up following the ceremony and family photos, and would not be... Read More accessible to ANYONE until the night was over. Following dinner, my mom (mother of the bride) needed her jacket, so I asked an employee for access to the house to get her jacket. Unfortunately, what I found was that my purse, my mom's purse, the maid of honor's purse and several of the newlywed's presents had been stolen from the house because at least one of the windows to the house had NOT been locked and one or more persons trespassed an stole our belongings. They even took my sister's signed marriage license! Adding insult to injury, it has come to my attention that an IDENTICAL theft has occurred LESS THAN A MONTH before my sister's wedding. Sept 5, 2015 was the date of the incident I am now aware of, and my sisters wedding was Oct 3, 2015. Not a single person made an attempt to warn us ahead of time to hide our belongings, remove them from the house, or even just let us know that there had been a theft at the house less then a month before. Even after we discovered the theft, STILL no one made any mention that this had happened before. Everyone acted as if this was a complete fluke. I am shocked, disappointed, sad and angry that I had to miss the second half of my sister's wedding (memories that I can't ever have) due to a situation that SHOULD HAVE BEEN AVOIDED. There should have been a warning to hide our belongings. Someone should have double checked the locks to the house. There should have been someone sitting in the house for security KNOWING that a theft had recently occurred. It's really inexcusable.

2015-10-06T16:36:07 Response from the vendor

I want to personally respond and express how sorry I am with the unfortunate thefts that have recently occurred at Barr. With over 34 years of operation, such occurrences have been rare - and to this degree it has never occurred. Nevertheless, we did have... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/11/2015 Hallie K

Everyone at Barr Mansion was friendly, helpful, accomodating, and made sure our wedding was fun and stress free. I couldn't imagine any other group of people to help me have one of the best nights of my life.

Reviewed on 6/08/2015 Morgan P

We got married at Barr Mansion in May 2015 and everything about this venue was perfect! The grounds are gorgeous, and you have full access to the main Victorian-style house, the glass-façade Ballroom, and the outdoor covered Farmstead. The grounds also include a rose garden, a... Read More big beautiful pecan tree, and gardens where they grow their own food. Guests ranted and raved about how spectacular the venue was and how they had never seen anything like it before! Upon signing our contract with Barr Mansion, we were invited to monthly cocktail events where we got to sample appetizers and drinks, view decorations from different vendors, listen to DJs and string groups perform, and ask questions of the coordinators and staff on site. Also included is a harvest tasting, where you get to sample all the food that will be available to choose from on your wedding day. The venue prepares all their food on-site and offers selections based on which season your wedding is in and which foods are in harvest at that time. The food was absolutely amazing and everyone loved what we picked out! The awesome thing about Barr Mansion is how much they do for you. All set-up and take-down is done by their staff, and they provide a full set of staff for the day of. They also provide a day-of coordinator, which was a huge selling point for us. Shanna was our coordinator and she was amazing! She knew exactly what to do and kept the ball rolling all day/night. She was very knowledgeable, personable, and easy to work with. She made the day-of seem like a breeze and we did not have to worry about anything! This place in UNBELIEVABLE and I would HIGHLY recommend it!

beautiful venue-not so great service

Reviewed on 3/02/2015 Kristin B

My wedding turned out wonderful and the space that barr mansion provides is amazing. They have a lot of space on where to have the ceremony. The wedding coordinator was rude to my family and friends who were trying to help set up some rentals we brought however. Also... Read More what was awful was the cake. We gave them pictures of what our cake was suppose to look like. They did not look like the pictures. One of the cakes was still warm and the icing was melting. However the food was delicious, even though they did not stick to our menu we selected. In the end, the cake and wedding coordinator were little annoyances to an overall picture. The wedding was amazing and the barr mansion is a great space to have a wedding, that is if you don't mind a wedding coordinator with very strong opinions.

Amazing! Stress Free and Gorgeous!

Reviewed on 11/03/2014

I got married in late September at Barr Mansion. I cannot tell you how many of my wedding guests came up to me, my husband, or parents afterwards to let them know how beautiful and fun our wedding was. From the wonderful to the amazing staff (especially the wedding planner), it... Read More was such a stress free wedding and planning process. I am one of three girls, so I am no stranger to how crazy wedding planning can be. This was the third wedding planning experience for my parents; and, they were both amazed at how stress free and well run Barr Mansion is (FYI for the budget minded: my wedding was not the most expensive one my parents have had to throw). With Barr Mansion you get the stress free planning of an almost all inclusive venue without getting a cookie cutter hotel wedding. I also really loved the fact that the reception hall there is as beautiful as the grounds, which meant I didn't have to stress about weather ruining my outdoor wedding. I knew getting married in the barn would be just as beautiful and comfortable for my guests (we did luck out and had awesome weather). All in all, I could not have been happier with my wedding. It was beautiful, fun, and unique. Most important, Barr Mansion and Shanna Whitaker, our planner, took amazing care of me, my husband, my family, the bridal party, and our guests.

Great Venue!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Andrea L

We were married at the Barr Mansion in September and had a very positive experience overall. There were several things I knew I wanted when considering venues: beautiful outdoor and indoor space so that we could get married in a great spot no matter what the weather... Read More situation was; ability to bring our own alcohol; an onsite planner; good food that I did not have to coordinate; a big enough space to accommodate our 200-ish guests; an "Austin-ey" vibe. The Barr Mansion met and exceeded all of my needs. Luckily, we had venue who knew what to do in case of rain because it rained and we had to move the ceremony inside to the ballroom. Everything worked out fine and the indoor ceremony was so beautiful and I wouldn't change a thing. I had a ton of people tell me they didn't even realize it was supposed to be outside. Thea and Shanna were our coordinators and they were both super responsive to all of my email/questions. They were helpful, nice and really took care of the details so I didn't have to think of anything. Oh, and the food is delicious - all grown organically onsite at the Barr. You may read about this being an expensive venue, but if you consider everything factored into the "grand total," you get a lot for your money. The Barr Mansion is a great venue, and I highly recommend it!

Start a Conversation!