Barrow Mansion

Jersey City, NJ

Historic Mansion - perfect for your vows

The Barrow Mansion, an 1837 Greek Revival style building, is the perfect place to have your wedding. Listed in the National and New Jersey Register of Historic Places, it has three adjoining rooms that may be rented separately or in any combination for an intimate gathering or combined for larger affairs. There is a large kitchen with a ten burner Garland stove that may be used to stage food from caterers. We even have the country's oldest bowling alley!

Historic Venue

83 Wayne St, Jersey City, NJ (201) 432-5858

Reviewed on 2/16/2018 Allison R

Beautiful, unique venue in the heart of Jersey City! It is in walking distance from everything. It is such a great space and the staff is amazing! They cater to your every need, they are in constant contact with you and they truly care about you and your event. I have hosted... Read More several events at the Barrow Mansion, and I never regret it. I love this space and so will you!

Reviewed on 12/31/2017 Gina V

I hosted my wedding ceremony here in the front parlor room, and it was a lovely place for our intimate gathering of family and friends! Jim worked with me throughout the week leading up to plan for decorations, including a meeting for my florist to see the space, and design a... Read More custom arrangement. He provided a table and chairs as well as beautiful rug. The space was just perfect for us to have our families witness our intimate ceremony, and partake in a champagne toast and photo session afterwards. We also had access to the old bowling alley in the basement for some fun and unique shots of our group! We are really pleased with the day and the whole experience of working with Barrow Mansion!

Reviewed on 12/29/2017 Oona M

The Barrow Mansion offers a beautiful historic template for creating a special event! The mansion makes you feel at home, yet its large enough for everyone to be comfortable. Its really a unique and wonderful place for a wedding as the pictures can attest. ---So conveniently... Read More located in the lovely historic Van Vorst Park neighborhood of downtown Jersey City; close to the Turnpike, Holland Tunnel and Grove Street PATH station. Its a hidden gem that is an amazingly affordable option for a uniquely special event!