Cuisine

Cajun, Northeastern, Southern, Southwestern, American, Chinese, Eastern European, French, Greek, Indian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin American, Mexican, Middle Eastern, BBQ, Fusion, Seafood, Specialty

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Organic, Sugar Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Buffet, Catering Clean Up, Catering Delivery + Setup, Chef Stations, Family Style, Menu Tastings, Passed Appetizers, Seated Meal, Servers, Food + Catering

157 E. 72 Street, New York, NY (212) 888-2664

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Jillian P

Bartleby and Sage was a true pleasure to work with from start to finish. Leslie was attentive, detail-oriented and impressively organized. What stood out to us the most was her enthusiasm to create a menu based on where we were from, our family heritage and our favorite foods.... Read More And the execution of the menu was true to form. It was exactly as we had tasted it at our tasting and we are still receiving complements about the menu. Without having a true wedding planner, Leslie took the lead making sure everything went smoothly the day of the wedding. Greta, her assistant was also a great help and pleasure. We would highly recommend Leslie and her catering company for any couple looking for a reliable, easy to work with caterer.

Reviewed on 8/19/2016 Jacqueline B

Bartleby and Sage catered our wedding in Brooklyn on July 30, 2016 at The Green Building. When we were initially looking for a wedding caterer, we were between them and a different company. We actually went with the other company first but after a few months, we realized the... Read More other company was not a good fit for us, so we canceled that contract and switched to Bartleby. I cannot say enough how happy we are that we made the switch. First, if you are choosing between catering companies (which I am sure you are), just go with Bartleby and Sage - you wont regret it. On to WHY… We worked with Leslie to coordinate the perfect menu, rentals, layout, staffing and everything else related to catering. She was AMAZING. I won’t put it past me that I am a demanding bride. I had a million questions, am very meticulous, and had a plan of my own. Leslie was able to handle all of this with stride, always responding in a timely manner and making me feel like everything was under control. These are not things you always look for in reviews of vendors, but let me tell you – it is very important (and also part of why we canceled the other caterer). The food was fantastic – we had a raw bar, passed hors d'oeuvres, and a cheese station during cocktail hour. Then a plated salad followed by a buffet dinner. The staff was great at making sure everything ran smoothly, wine was poured during dinner and that everyone was getting food during cocktail hour. Food was abundant, delicious, and NO ONE left hungry. Leslie was there the entire night making sure things were running smoothly and that everything was on point. On a personal note, Leslie is also lovely to work with. She knows catering very well, knows what she is doing and is a sweet woman. I really can’t say enough how happy we are that we made the switch to Bartleby and Sage and will recommend to anyone and use them for future events. Thank you!!!

Reviewed on 12/03/2015 Jessie M

We absolutely loved our experience with Bartleby & Sage. They were completely accessible and professional throughout the entire process, worked with us to create a delicious, seasonal menu, and helped us pull of our wedding without a hitch! We hired Greta as our day-of... Read More coordinator, and felt that she went above and beyond her duties. She absolutely took the pressure off of my (now) husband and I, and let us enjoy our day while she took care of every detail. She is definitely, as another poster mentioned, no-nonsense (she gets things DONE), but also understands that a wedding can be stressful for a bride, and was cool (and very sweet) about my barrage of emails! Great food, great staff, we would work with them again in a heartbeat.

Two Champagne Flutes Up!

Reviewed on 4/23/2015 Ashley S

Greta and the team at Bartleby & Sage are wonderful and helped to make our August wedding at The Picnic House in Prospect Park so special. Both she and Leslie were patient with our many questions and helped us design a unique and delicious menu (highlights: chilled gazpacho... Read More shots and a taco bar) that guests are still complimenting months later. Greta is very experienced and has a calming, no-nonsense “I’ve got this” attitude, which is very helpful during the stress of wedding planning and really made us feel at ease, especially on our wedding day. All of the staff who worked our wedding were professional and seemed very experienced. We were on a budget and had been debating between B&S and a caterer that was less expensive but not as personal, but B&S helped us work within our budget and the personal touches, beautiful displays and overall quality really made a difference. Highly recommend them!

Highly Recommended!

Reviewed on 10/13/2014 Lauren O

Greta and her team were fabulous to work with. Planning a wedding is a very unique experience, and sometimes the number of options and decisions can be overwhelming. Greta helped every step of the way, providing advice whenever asked, but allowing our vision to shine through to... Read More the end. Everyone said that our food was delicious, and the room looked beautiful. I barely noticed the staff, in a good way — which to me is the ultimate sign of great service. Would definitely recommend!