The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Close to Chicago between the scenic suburbs of Schaumburg and Elgin, Illinois, Bartlett Hills Golf Club & Banquets has a semi-rural feel and convenient location. The venue's grounds are known for their attractive backdrops, tranquil ponds, wooded areas and elegant fountains, while ample indoor space allows for traditional ballroom receptions.

The Ballroom in the main building can hold up to 230 guests. It has a grand yet contemporary feel, with luxurious drapery and carpeting, as well as expansive windows offering views over a large pond.

The Veranda provides an open-air spillover space for guests to enjoy in fair weather. It can also be outfitted with white garden chairs and used as a dedicated ceremony space for up to 180 guests.

The standard wedding package covers six hours of reception time and half an hour for a ceremony. However, as the venue hosts no more than one wedding party on any given day, scheduling is flexible and additional hours can be arranged. Alongside the space rental, the package also covers a four-hour bar service, champagne toast and choice of dinner options with unlimited wine or champagne.

While there is a minimum spending requirement for Saturday evenings between May and October (inclusive of tax and service charges), a number of discounts are available for other times of the year. Between November and April, for example, complimentary appetizers are offered, along with a 10 percent discount on entrees between Friday and Saturday and 15 percent on Sunday.

A minimum initial deposit is payable for all bookings, followed by a second deposit nine months in advance or, if attending a food and cake tasting session, three months in advance. All deposits are nonrefundable. The final guaranteed guest count is due with ten days' notice. After this number is submitted, it can only be added to and not subtracted from. Unless included in the guest count, outside vendors are strictly prohibited from drinking alcohol or using their phones in front of guests.

The venue assumes the right to freely use clients' wedding photography in their future publicity campaigns. However, couples wishing to keep these materials private can request this.

Couples hosting weddings at Bartlett Hills Golf Club & Banquets can expect the following perks:

• Shuttle service between the venue and local hotels
  • On-site golfing facilities, including a pro shop
  • Linens, skirting and napkins provided
  • Decor supplies, including vase centerpieces, mirrors and votive candles
  • Wedding cake provided

At Bartlett Hills-You're Home.

You would be our exclusive wedding reception for the evening where up to 230 guests will enjoy the ambience of our newly updated and expanded Ballroom. The venue is elegant yet charmingly rustic with mahogany woodwork & beams leading to the vaulted ceiling. Views from the outdoor Veranda and picture windows surrounding the ballroom overlook the sweeping golf course and pond with lighted fountain. Your wedding package includes a 4 hour premium bar, unlimited wine or champagne with dinner, bridal table champagne toast, fresh flower vase centerpieces, colored linens, soup, salad, plated or buffet selections and wedding cake. The club is located near downtown Bartlett just on the outskirts of St Charles, Schaumburg and Elgin. The staff at Bartlett Hills would be honored to host for you.

Ballroom, Waterfront, Country Club, Garden

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment

800 W Oneida, Bartlett, IL (630) 213-3103

Reviewed on 1/17/2016 Michelle G

Our wedding reception was Bartlett Hills Golf Club was great! The room was recently renovated (summer '15), and the space was much more spacious as a result. Mary and Evan were a great help getting everything organized and put together. Many of the things we wanted to do... Read More that made our wedding more personable weren't an issue here, where some other venues may have been apprehensive. They are very receptive! The package is also a wonderful deal, the price was reasonable, and the venue was as good as others with a higher price tag. Beautiful setting. Highly recommend it!

2016-06-24T12:24:22 Response from the vendor

Love your review. Thanks so much for sharing your day with us at Bartlett Hills. We were honored to host your wedding day.

Reviewed on 6/23/2016 Marissa N

I just had my wedding reception at Bartlett hills golf club and I could not be more impressed! The space and views were absolutely beautiful. Mary had helped me for the last year to plan and coordinate my wedding and she went above and beyond to make my day better than I could... Read More ever ask for. The staff was so incredibly nice and attentive to our guests they even interacted with people, I was getting compliments all night. I am still astounding by everything they had done for us to make our day perfect, I would recommend Bartlett hills to anyone it's a wonderful venue with a wonderful staff!

Reviewed on 6/23/2016 Stacy W

Bartlett Hills Golf Club was everything I wanted for my wedding and more - the views were outstanding, the food was wonderful and the space was perfect. Mary and her staff were absolutely accommodating, professional and pleasant to work with at every step of our wedding planning... Read More and wedding day! I loved our experience and would highly recommend BHGC to anyone looking for a personalized and beautiful experience. My guests are still raving about our wedding!

Reviewed on 3/28/2016 Ben S

This was an excellent, beautiful venue that took us in on relatively short notice and worked with us to fit our budget. The amenities were great, the staff was great, and everything went very well. I loved that we were able to have our reception here -- it was a perfect place,... Read More and the people we worked with (especially Mary) were all very professional, polite, and wonderful. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 2/06/2016 Nicole M

My husband & I had our wedding reception at Bartlett Hills Golf Club in September of 2015. We worked primarily with Mary, and Evan, yet all of the staff we had contact with were extremely helpful and kind --- all through the planning stages and wedding day. We had 200 guests,... Read More which fit comfortably in the room, even with the dance floor and tall boy tables by the corner bar area. Everything was taken care of (table cloths, chair covers, decoration set-up, and more), at an affordable price -- we did much research, and BHGC's package is tough to beat! Even more so, I brought my own decorations for the entry area and all the table centerpieces of which Mary and her team graciously arranged. When I walked in that day, the entry area and reception room was more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. Honestly, I was stunned. Mary did such an incredible job. And, the dinner served was delicious! Our friends and family still rave of what a fun reception it was. We look back to the day, and are so thankful for how absolutely perfect and flawless it was. Overall, a DEFINITE recommendation. I was referred by my aunt who attended a prior wedding here, and I am so glad that we checked it out. Thank you to everyone at BHGC!

Our Wedding Day

Reviewed on 1/27/2016 Chelsea S

Our wedding day at Bartlett Hills could not have been more perfect! From the moment we met Mary (the coordinator), we knew our wedding details were in great hands. The club house is only big enough for one wedding so you don't need to worry about there being multiple weddings... Read More that are being taken care of at the same time. You get all the attention :) We received nothing but compliments on everything from the food, to the service, to the reception itself. I especially loved how the price you pay includes so many things (like the cake, linens, centerpieces, etc.), which means there are less things for you to worry about. Thank you again Mary for making our special day the best it could possibly be!

2016-01-28T09:40:49 Response from the vendor

Wow, thank you so much for sharing your experience here at Bartlett Hills from your August 2014 wedding. I'm so happy that you have such fond memories of your day!!

Fabulous!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Maddie H

Choosing to have our wedding reception at Bartlett Hills was the right choice. Mary was amazing to work with. She was prompt and answered all questions we had. She was willing to work with us on our budget and was flexible with us as we tried to reduce some costs. The venue... Read More is beautiful. The wooden beams fit perfectly with our fall wedding and the fireplace was a nice touch. Additionally, there are large windows with beautiful views of the golf course. The wait staff was attentive to us all night and the food was delicious! The wedding morning was very stressful and I knew I could rely on Mary and the staff at Bartlett to provide an awesome reception. The room looked beautiful and everything was perfect.

Reviewed on 7/28/2015 Kim S

We recently got married and had our reception at Bartlett Hills Golf Course! I am one to constantly look at reviews before making decisions, and this is one of the best decisions we made during our wedding planning! Mary was fantastic at responding to my many e-mails and for... Read More helping ensure my day ran smoothly. Evan also did a fantastic job! They definitely know how to make sure the room looks exactly how you hoped it would (even better!). The food was AMAZING and everyone complimented me about how much food they received and how beautiful it was. Thanks to Mary and Evan for helping make my wedding perfect! :)

Our perfect day

Reviewed on 6/09/2015

We recently had our wedding at Bartlett Hills and we couldn't be happier! Everything was absolutely perfect. We had our ceremony and reception there and our wedding turned out to be even more beautiful and perfect than we had ever dreamed of. The personnel catered to our every... Read More need with detail, incredibly helpful throughout the entire process. The place looked beautiful and the food and cake were delicious. Our friends and families were incredibly impressed by it all. Thank you Bartlett Hills for making our dream wedding come true. Jose and Lourdes Rodriguez 6-9-15

2015-08-08T13:53:08 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your fantastic review Lourdes! It was so wonderful to work with you and Jose and helping you create all the magic. Mary

Reviewed on 5/03/2015 Kelly N

Mary, Evan and the staff at Bartlett hills made our wedding day the best it could be! They helped us plan from the very beginning. They were beyond helpful and flexible with our needs. Their expertise was put to use when we didn't know how to do something. Mary and Evan... Read More allowed us to come in numerous times to look at the baby and it helped us plan every detail. Our tasting was amazing, and the food at our reception was equally amazing! The staff helped with every minor detail, to re-lighting candles, to clearing plates. They worked as a great team to make our wedding day so special! We can not thank them enough!

Affordable and Great Location!

Reviewed on 4/22/2015

This venue was just perfect for our special day. Weather was fantastic for April and we were able to have it outside on the veranda. It is newly remodeled and looked fantastic. I dealt with Mary mostly along the way and let me tell you, she is amazing. Evan helped as well on... Read More the wedding day and he was equally amazing! He called my photobooth company to see why they were running late. Handled everything. I would highly recommend this place!

Bartlett Hills was PERFECT!

Reviewed on 3/15/2015 Jaclyn P

My husband and I had our wedding reception at Bartlett Hills in October 2014. From our first meeting to the wedding day, Mary and Evan were beyond helpful! They helped us through every decision and ensured that our day was everything we dreamed! I have a gluten allergy, and they... Read More made sure I had several options to choose from. We received a ton of guest compliments on the food, service, environment, and overall atmosphere! The room looked beautiful and surpassed anything we expected! I honesty would not have changed a thing about our reception at Bartlett Hills. They were excellent!

Best Venue

Reviewed on 12/26/2014 Jenna W

From day one, Mary at Bartlett Hills has been nothing but helpful leading up to our wedding day. With her help, our wedding looked amazing and it was everything we've asked for. I would recommend Bartlett Hills to anyone who is looking for a perfect wedding venue!

Better than Perfect!!

Reviewed on 11/05/2014 Jen B

What can I say - the reviews hold true. The place is perfect and the wedding was flawless. Mary was beyond amazing and did an outstanding job. The staff was on key - they were fantastic throughout the whole night! As for the food - outstanding!! We received... Read More compliments all night on how tasty everything was. The place is gorgeous and immaculate - it is the PERFECT place to have a wedding. I couldn't have been happier with the turn out. Thank you everyone at Bartlett Hills for making my day beyond perfect!!!!

Awesome and easy!

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Shannon P

We were married in October of 2014 and used Bartlett Hills for both the ceremony and reception. Mary and Evan were so helpful, not only during the process of planning the wedding, but also on the night of the wedding itself. Originally, we were to have an outdoor wedding (the... Read More grounds are beautiful) but the weather was not with us. Mary made the transition super easy to deal with the morning of the wedding. Throughout the entire planning period, each time I'd come up with an idea, Mary was right there making sure it would go smoothly. The food was excellent, and very well priced! We were able to bring in some of our own items that they displayed flawlessly. Overall, the night of my wedding was so easy for me, that I really didn't worry about anything. Everything was done for us which made it possible to simply relax and enjoy the day. I would highly recommend Bartlett Hills!

Beautiful venue! Attentive Staff

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Jaclyn R

Our wedding was on 10-3-14. Mary, Evan & staff are fabulous! We chose Bartlett Hills for our wedding reception because we loved the overall ambiance. The leaves changing colors in the background, the veranda allowed those that smoke to go outside and still be a part of the... Read More party, the whole set up of the venue...Everything was perfect! Also, you cannot beat the price and all that is included. The price included a wedding cake (we preferred to use a different bakery as I have food allergies), linen tablecloths, chair covers with white sashes (colored sashes are extra), centerpieces with candles and mirrors. We definitely saved on costs which was a HUGE plus. The food was delicious and our guests raved about the meal and are still complimenting! The staff was attentive and professional...we could not have asked for better service! DEFINITELY will recommend Bartlett Hills to those that are looking for a venue for a special occasion. Keep up the AWESOME JOB that you do!

2014-10-22T10:30:59 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Jackie. You waited a long time for your wedding day and I'm so happy it was everything you dreamed of. Bless you both always!!

The Bartlett Hills organization is incredible!

Reviewed on 10/10/2014

If you are looking to have your wedding in a Chicago suburbs location, then I cannot recommend highly enough using Bartlett Hills! The service given to us was first class throughout the whole process! Even from day 1, when we explained to Mary that we couldn't guarantee our... Read More wedding date as it was all dependent on a visa for myself, she told us not to worry, she'd make it work and we would not lose our deposit. That was a huge relief, and relieved so much stress from us, not to mention a much better response than we received from another venue of 'well you could just have a party on that date if it didn't work, right?' Mary was someone who shows an incredible attention to detail, as well as being incredibly calming and supportive throughout our whole experience. As for the venue, it offers great views and our pictures were a testament to that! We were even luckier that everything was so green in August! The food too was absolutely delicious, and every one commented on how delicious the red velvet wedding cake was, not to mention how impressively decorative it was! We couldn't thank Bartlett Hills enough for making our special day perfect, and we would highly recommend choosing this venue! You will not regret it!

Happy Bride and Groom

Reviewed on 10/07/2014 Rebecca W

We had our ceremony and reception at Bartlett Hills in September 2014 and it was absolutely lovely. I had the pleasure working with Mary, she was so very easy to work with and was very helpful through the entire process. She definitely made the wedding planning go smoother,... Read More less stressful and enjoyable. The venue is beautiful and the food was delicious. I would highly recommend this venue for both your ceremony and reception. Thank you so much for making our day so special, we couldn't ask for anything more!

Best Wedding Ever

Reviewed on 10/06/2014

My husband and I selected Bartlett Hills for our July wedding because from the first moment we walked in it felt so warm and inviting. Just what we were looking for. Very friendly staff, fantastic views, the food was oh so good. We are still receiving tons of compliments from... Read More our guests months later. The whole experience was truly amazing and it was the best wedding ever.

Amazing Reception - 6/21/14

Reviewed on 7/22/2014

Thank you to Mary Gearhart and her staff for helping make our son and daughter-in-law's wedding reception a night to remember. Many of our guests advised that this was the best reception that they had ever experienced. Mary her staff were very personable and attentive,... Read More often anticipating our needs before we could communicate them. A sincere thank you! Keith & Jane

Amazing Wedding Reception!!

Reviewed on 2/18/2014 Sarah H

Bartlett Hills was the most perfect location for our wedding! The setting is gorgeous, no matter what season you decide to marry. Working with Mary was such a treat. She was so gracious and patient throughout the entire planning process. She was quick to answer questions and... Read More was genuinely excited and happy for us. Also, the food is amazing! You can really tell that everything is made fresh-my guests are still talking about it. Bartlett Hills staff were incredibly nice and accommodating. I can't say enough good things about Mary and Bartlett Hills. Thank you for helping make our wedding day so special.

Beautiful venue with exceptionally trained staff

Reviewed on 11/17/2013 Kimberly L

What a great place! Food was delicious, room has beautiful picture windows to frame the rolling hills outside, and staff is wonderfully trained and organized with Mary leading the team. Bartlett Hills made our wedding a warm, memorable, worry-free experience ,

June Wedding

Reviewed on 10/07/2013 Megan K

My wedding on June 7th 2013 at Bartlett Hills Golf Club was even better than I could have imagined! Mary is a fantastic planner and the entire staff there is so friendly and welcoming, not to mention fun! I never recieved a negative complaint from any of my guests about... Read More anything! In fact everyone had to keep telling me how wonderful everything was! The entire staff caters to your needs, especially Mary. She was available to answer my questions all hours of the night, even when I would send her emails at 10 p.m. It was almost like she was my personal planner. People still tell me to this day how amazing our wedding was there. The food was also so good!!! We opted for just doing appetizers and a pasta bar and i'm so happy we did because there was plenty of food and everyone loved it!! They even packed some of of the leftovers togo. Even if I could plan the whole day over again I would still pick Bartlett Hills Golf Club! Thank you staff for making our wedding so perfect, you are all amazing and your hard work was very much appreciated!!

Amber & Jacks Wedding

Reviewed on 10/07/2013 AMBER J

I just got married September 1, 2013 at the Bartlett Hills Golf Club and had a perfect wedding. Mary was with me every step of the way and talked me through every little detail. She added ideas and put her magic touch on everything to make my day so perfect! The food was... Read More incredible and we got to pick what we wanted and not just what was on a menu. The grounds are beautiful and our pictures turned out amazing. Mary was so patient and made sure we had everything perfect for our special day. The staff was polite and helpful if we needed anything they would bring it to us with no questions the night went very smoothly. I would recommend this place to everyone it’s the perfect fairytale wedding. I am so thankful to Mary and Dominick for all their hard work I had the perfect wedding thanks to them and the staff at the Bartlett Hills Golf Club. Love, Amber & Jack

Reception

Reviewed on 10/06/2013 Nadine Z

Mary went above and beyond to make our reception perfect!! The food was amazing too!

Meet The Events Director

Mary C Gearhart

I'm looking forward to helping you create a magical wedding day for you and your guests.