Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe

Outer Banks, Ocracoke, Elizabeth City, Corolla, Corova

Basnight's Catering and Events

Welcome to Basnight's Lone Cedar Catering and Events! The foremost catering services on the Outer Banks and a trusted local favorite for over 20 years. When it comes to planning your BIG DAY let Basnight's make it a moment to be remembered. - Serving 100% Local Seafood - Customized Menus - Gluten-Free, Vegan and Vegetarian Menu Options Available On-Site Basnight's Features - Three Private Dining Rooms - Romantic Waterfront Gardens - Covered Outdoor Patio - Driftwood Arbor made from Locally Reclaimed Driftwood - Panoramic Views of the Roanoke Sound - Expansive Waterfront Lawn (can accommodate up to 200) - Located on the Nags/Head Manteo Causeway Off-Site - ABC Licenses - Four-Wheel Drive Areas - Private Chef - Parties from 20-1000! - Full Servicer to Drop-Offs

Cajun, Hawaiian, Northeastern, Southern, Southwestern, American, BBQ, Fusion, Seafood, Specialty

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Buffet, Catering Clean Up, Catering Delivery + Setup, Chef Stations, Family Style, Menu Tastings, Passed Appetizers, Seated Meal, Servers, Food + Catering

7623 S Virginia Dare Trl, Nags Head, NC Outer Banks, Ocracoke, Elizabeth City, Corolla, Corova (252) 441-5405

Reviewed on 12/18/2017 Cynthia B

First i will say that in my opinion there is no better place for fresh local food than Basnight's and I visit every trip I take to OBX. They were the obvious choice for catering my reception, but i never thought i could make it work with my budget. Their catering manager... Read More fielded probably a dozen email throughout the past year from me as I tried to figure out what I could afford, how I could make a small afternoon hors d'oeuvre reception work and fit in my budget. Each time, I was answered promptly, professionally and cordially, even though I felt like a pest they never made me feel like one. Finally, once I got a grasp on what it was I wanted, they gave me options, and we did take out trays. I was fully prepared to have to transfer those items to nicer service pieces at the reception hall and even had family on stand by to help with that. The food was so scrumptious and so beautifully arranged there was absolutely no need!! We supplemented our selections with a few family favorites and made our own cupcakes. I whole heartedly recommend Basnight's whether you can (ideally) have them do a total catering package, or even if you have then prepare a few key pieces, they will treat you very well and will absolutely please the palette!!

Reviewed on 11/17/2017 Bethany A

My Husband and I have always loved to eat at this restaurant, so when we were planning our wedding it was one of the first options we explored. They have a large menu with a wide array of options to meet many different tastes and budgets. They were absolutely wonderful to... Read More communicate and work with and the food was beyond delicious! Food was the second most expensive part of our wedding so we really felt like there was a lot riding on it- they did not disappoint! Our guests raved about the food all night and have continued to talk about it in the weeks following our wedding. I even had a family member email me a month later seeing if I could get a recipe for one of the appetizers. It was a great comfort knowing it was money well spent! We also ended up doing cupcakes from Lone Cedar which we weren't able to taste test in advance which was nerve-wracking but they were also delicious and beautiful. I highly recommend Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe. They are wonderful communicators, kind people, and make delicious food.

2017-11-17T11:10:03 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for you kind feedback! We feel so honored that we were able to be part of your BIG DAY!!!! :)

Reviewed on 4/16/2017 Linda G

Victoria and her staff are amazing and the food was incredible!

2017-04-16T14:26:40 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words! :)

Reviewed on 3/07/2017 Kacie J

The staff is very helpful with planning, everything is reasonably priced. Very friendly staff!

2017-03-10T09:06:15 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for you positive feedback! We loved being part of your special day!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Becky R

OMG! That's about all I can say. The food was so perfect, the staff was fantastic and Caroline and Victoria made the entire process a breeze! You MUST have them cater your next event. Your guests will rave and no one will walk away hungry. I couldn't be happier. The team was... Read More just as amazing as the food. Thank you for making this an easy process and an easy choice for future events!

2017-03-10T09:07:15 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are so happy that you enjoyed having us be part of your big day! :)