Bay Pointe Inn

Shelbyville, MI

Book Your Wedding with Bay Pointe Inn

A BEACH IN SHELBYVILLE, MI

Bay Pointe Inn in Shelbyville, Michigan, is an excellent wedding venue choice for couples who desire views of the water. The immaculately landscaped property is sure to win you over and the impeccable service will make your special day one to remember. The facility has plenty of ceremony and reception sites and the sales manager and wedding coordinator will work with each couple to create a plan and list of due dates that will eliminate stress while anticipating your ceremony and reception.

Lakefront Pavilion. Enjoy the great outdoors with a ceremony and reception in the Lakeside Pavilion. This space measures 3,000 square feet and is able to welcome 200 of your closest friends and relatives. The pavilion has clear sides that can be pulled down in the event of rain, heaters for the cooler months and a 14-foot by 16-foot dance floor. There’s a granite bar inside for serving alcohol and a patio with a gas fireplace just outside.

Fireside Room. Able to accommodate 72 people, the Fireside Room has a large 12-foot fireplace that is the focal point of the space. Couples are welcome to use the room for a rehearsal dinner or an intimate reception. There’s an adjacent patio with views of the lake that adds a spot to break away from the crowd.

Terrace Grille. There are a few options when it comes to utilizing the Terrace Grille. The bride and groom may make reservations for up to 24 guests for a rehearsal dinner or they may buy out the entire restaurant for use as a reception space. This restaurant has both an indoor dining area and an outdoor dining space.

Boathouse Villa. Built in 1886, the Boathouse Villa is the spot for history lovers to say their “I dos” or have a cocktail-style reception. Ceremonies take place by the lake and welcome up to 80 guests, while the house itself can hold 150 for a reception. There’s a patio and a courtyard for private chats under the warmth of the sun or having first-look photographs taken.

When you book your wedding at Bay Pointe Inn, you’ll receive more than just a beautiful venue with fantastic food and beverages. You’ll receive outstanding personal attention throughout the planning process and on the day of your wedding. Their professional catering sales manager and on site coordinator are your main contacts throughout the planning process, and will be in touch frequently to provide you with all your important dates and reminders.

As you plan, Bay Pointe Inn is happy to provide recommendations on vendors and answer any questions you may have along the way. Their wedding worksheet is a great tool to organize the details of your celebration, and will be sent to you during your correspondence with your Event Coordinator.

If you choose to hold your ceremony at Bay Pointe Inn, they will provide one hour of rehearsal time with the banquet supervisor. Your banquet supervisor will guide you through the rehearsal and will be on site the morning of your wedding to serve as your go-to contact with any questions or concerns. They will oversee the setup of your ceremony and reception site, and will remain on site to assist with the ceremony. Following the ceremony, an evening Banquet Supervisor will be on duty as your new contact throughout the reception. They will ensure all details are executed so that your wedding is a memorable event!

As an extra perk, Bay Pointe Inn will reserve a block of rooms for your out-of-town friends and family members at a discounted rate. There are 39 boutique-style guestrooms, 32 traditional rooms, six lakeside suites, one family suite and space for 15 guests in the Boathouse Villa. More perks include.

• Hand-held microphones
  • iPod docking stations

Bay Pointe Inn Lakefront Resort

At Bay Pointe Inn, we believe every wedding should be unique and special as the couple! Catering to a range of styles and budgets, our personalized wedding packages offer fabulous choices. You will find everything you ever dreamed of at Bay Pointe Inn.

• Outdoor - Covered

Waterfront, Cruise, Historic Venue, Hotel, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

11456 Marsh Rd., Shelbyville, MI (269) 672-8111

Reviewed on 7/14/2016 Olivia S

Our wedding day was absolutely perfect! Bay Pointe is the most beautiful place and everyone loved it. The grounds are spectacular and are very well taken care of. The staff members are all so nice and made sure our wedding day went on without a hitch. We could not have picked a... Read More better venue!

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Jessica G

My dream come true wedding! We were wanting a "Michigan vibe" wedding and this was the first place we looked... we fell in love. It's on the lake and your ceremony and reception are all in one spot. There's so much room for guests to enjoy themselves. We loved the you are... Read More outdoors on the lake but still have a romantic outdoor event wedding vibe. This place is top notch. Every person I've since shown pictures too have fallen in love as well. Wish I could do it again! - Jess & David

Reviewed on 7/29/2016 Lisa L

Our wedding and reception was at the Boat House and I have to say everything was amazing! The staff was wonderful, the food was amazing and the boat house was beautiful! We loved every minute of our stay. Planning on visiting this place often.

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Michelle B

We rented BayPointe's Boathouse Villa for our wedding and the entire experience was AMAZING! The boathouse is beautiful and well maintained and the view of the lake is breathtaking! The staff is super friendly and helpful and they go above and beyond to make sure that your big... Read More day is perfect. We would highly recommend BayPointe to any future Bride and Groom. Believe me....you wont want to leave! :)

Reviewed on 6/17/2017 Kara H

We could not be more pleased that we chose to have our wedding at Bay Pointe Inn!!! Every single part of our wedding weekend was perfect. From all of the people that helped us along the way and answered our many questions (Mariesa and Hillary!) to all of the wonderful people... Read More that helped the weekend of (Nancy and Jamie!). I am so thankful for every single person who helped to make our wedding day the beyond amazing day that it was. Three of the four wedding events had to be moved due to rain, but every single one ended up perfectly. Jamie and Nancy were so flexible and accommodated all of our back-up choices for locations (and I know we didn't always pick the easiest one: having the rehearsal dinner in the Boathouse - but it was perfect thanks to all of the staff's hard work and quick set-up!). We got so many compliments on how beautiful Bay Pointe was. I absolutely loved having everything on the water. We chose stations for dinner in the pavilion, and they were delicious!! We also got so many compliments on the amazing food. Every single part of our wedding was perfect, and I know that was thanks to the hard working staff at Bay Pointe, and Jamie and Nancy's help day-of, as well as all of the preparation ahead of time by Hillary! I can't recommend having your wedding here enough!! Thank you for everything, Bay Pointe!!

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Laura M

We had a wonderful wedding at Bay Pointe. Everything was taken care of the whole weekend that we were there. We did everything there from our rehearsal dinner to brunch Sunday morning. They made planning easy and answered every single question that we had along the way. We... Read More planned in only 5 months and when the day came, I wasn't worried at all! From the second that we set foot on the property on Friday for our rehearsal we were greeted with a smile and everything was taken care of. They know exactly what they're doing and are great at it! We loved the all inclusive feel and not having to worry about lots of moving parts! What really made it special for us was our manager on site, Kalynn. She was absolutely fantastic and checked in at every turn.

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Samantha R

Our wedding day was absolutely perfect! Bay Pointe was everything we expected it to be AND MORE! We rented both the Boathouse Villa and The Pavillion out for our wedding weekend (rehearsal dinner held at the BH and Wedding at pavillion) and it was the most amazing experience.... Read More The Boat Hohse was so dreamy and the perfect place for a rehearsal dinner. Not only did we have our rehearsal dinner there but our wedding party also stayed the night there during the weekend since it was so large and held so many people- how perfect!!! When it came to the logistics leading up to the wedding, Stephanie was amazing every step of the way, extremely responsive and always willing to answer any question needed. The weekend of our wedding, Jamie (our coordinator) was absolutely amazing and absolutely blew us away wth her attentiveness and attention to detail. There was not a single flaw during our experience and I would highly recommended this venue to anyone looking for a perfect "Michigan" wedding! The lake added an "up north" feel and made our day extra dreamy and romantic. Guests were able to stay at the hotel right on the property after a night of fun which was so convienet for family and friends who traveled from out of town. I can't say enough about the venue and staff as they did everything to make the whole experience flawless. It was really a dream!! Thank you Bay Pointe for the best weekend and day of our lives! 10/10 would recommend.

Reviewed on 5/19/2017 Meghan C

If you are looking for a wedding venue to host a picturesque, lakefront wedding, look no further, Bay Pointe Inn is it. The location and setting are simply STUNNING without any help needed at all. I barely spent any money on decorations or flowers because the setting by itself... Read More was enough. And BPI is definitely a well oiled machine when it comes to hosting weddings. They will cover everything from details to timing to display, and know exactly the right questions to ask to be sure they are executing the bride's vision as closely as possible. Ashley and Stephanie were super communicative and incredibly helpful to ensure all of my questions were answered throughout the whole planning process. Jami, our day-of wedding coordinator, followed everything throughout the day of the wedding to ensure proper timing and execution, and even went so far as to make sure all of our wedding party had a drink in hand the moment we stepped off the boat to join our cocktail hour! (Yes, they offer a pontoon boat for rental for the day, if that's what you're into!) And as a final touch to cap off a most amazing day, the team left a bottle of bubbles and some chocolate covered strawberries in the bridal suite for us at the end of the night (the suite is complimentary with your booking for the night of the wedding!) Many of my guests had never been to Michigan before, and what better way to introduce them to Michigan than to have my wedding at Bay Pointe Inn. All of those really beautiful "Pure Michigan" commercials really capture everything BPI has to offer. Their pricing is extremely affordable, and the food was also excellent! BPI offers a lot of extra add-ons for brides that are interested, everything from late night snacks for guests (which you have to have if providing more than 4 hours of bar time), colored linens, chair cushions, champagne toasts, day of snacks in the suites while the wedding party is getting ready...tons of things. Weather in the midwest can be somewhat touchy in the early summer months, but I got incredibly lucky and had PERFECT weather for my May 12th wedding. 70, sunny, and just a whisper of a breeze. I imagine it can get much hotter in the middle of summer, but anytime you are right by water I think it's that much cooler. In the event of inclement, or colder, weather, BPI has the built-in back up plan at their Lakefront Pavilion, which boasts built in ceiling heaters, and they have plastic curtains they can drop down to protect guests underneath from wind and rain. Otherwise everything is beautiful open air! One note for brides to consider: BPI is a very small hotel, only about 39 rooms in total, so be prepared that depending on the size of your wedding, all of your guests may not be able to stay at the hotel (which is very cute for those lucky enough to stay!). Though there are plenty of nearby hotel options within 20 minutes and a couple of transport services that can coordinate trolley or shuttle transfers. Thanks again to Ashley, Jami, Stephanie, and the rest of the BPI team who really helped to make my wedding a truly memorable, and special day.

Reviewed on 5/15/2017

Bay Pointe was hands down the absolute best! The staff managed everything perfectly. Even when the weather turned on us, they stepped up and moved everything we had inside. The setting is unbelievable - the lake, boathouse and the grounds of the facility. If you want an... Read More unforgettable wedding venue this is the place!!!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Veronica W

Everything about this venue was perfect, the absolute only reason I took off one star was because of the wedding planner they sprung on us the day of the rehearsal, Friday night. Her name was Melina. I will go into detail below but I'd like to start with the positives... Bay... Read More Pointe was beautiful and the staff was so accommodating. We had our ceremony under the pavilion and I could not have asked for a better experience. Food was wonderful and the scene is just unbeatable. The rooms were so great, they were clean and comfortable. I would happily go back to Bay Pointe and recommend it to any bride! Our wedding day truly was perfect, and we thank you for that Bay Pointe! Now, to unfortunately vent about Melina. I won't touch on every small detail that was disappointing, I won't have room. To start, she made myself and the whole bridal party extremely uncomfortable when she approached us in our hotel room during the guests' cocktail hour and demanded why we were not attending it ourselves. We had the ceremony at Bay Pointe as well (absolutely beautiful) so we took the cocktail hour that we set aside for guests to regroup and relish on the amazing thing that just happened! She ruined it. She was awful and so rude, she came up to the room, asking for me (the bride) personally, claiming she had "done over 200 weddings and had never witnessed a bridal party do this." Telling us there were liability concerns related to us being in the hotel room with alcohol... which was clearly written into the contract as absolutely allowed as long as it was not taken outside of the room, and it was not. I felt angry and embarrassed. It really is an event that sticks out to me about that whole day, and she was personally responsible for those negative feelings. I'm so disappointed in her behavior. We had a wedding around 140 people under the pavilion and there was 1 bartender. She told my father it was because of the other wedding going on at the boathouse, to which he replied is not an acceptable excuse and seems to be something she should have planned for. Another thing she did was pass out a very special gift that I had set aside to personally deliver to each groomsmen, I was crushed. I know the bridesmaids had a facilitating role in that but she should have checked with me. She personally refused the groom a drink just as the bar was closing for dinner. Her overall attitude toward us was annoyance, and we could absolutely feel it. I want to reiterate how much we loved our wedding day. We were so overwhelmed with happiness that we were able to put the issues with Melina out of the way and truly enjoy this beautiful venue.

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Julie H

We held our wedding at Bay Pointe Inn on October 6 2016. All day, the weather looked sketchy. The staff were so diligent in checking the radar to see if we could pull off the outdoor ceremony, or use our reception site in the pavilion. We delayed the start of the ceremony in... Read More hopes a clump of rain clouds would move out of the area. Unfortunately, just as we got started, the skies let loose and it poured! We paused the ceremony, the staff helped all our guests into the pavilion, helped us get everything reset, let our guests get settled, and then we picked up where we left off. The staff provided our guests with umbrellas prior to the ceremony, which we were very thankful for. The staff even set up extra tents so that our guests could be covered while walking from the pavilion to the buffet tent. They placed carpet on the ground so our guests wouldn't slip and fall. And they worked to soak up the rain water so our guests had a dry place to be. The entire wedding planning process was made so easy by Mariesa and Hillary - they answered every question I had, and rolled with all my ideas. I felt completely taken care of the entire time, and the weather - which would have otherwise caused me great stress - turned into a positive, memorable event for our guests. Our family and friends booked rooms the day before and of our wedding. This allowed us to have time together as a family, relax, swim, have breakfast the next morning, and experience a calm wedding day. My mom and mother-in-law prepared lunch in our suite, brought food to the guys' room, and it was absolutely perfect. I look on this day as something completely magical. I would recommend Bay Pointe Inn to anyone getting married, especially those interested in a "destination wedding" without wanting to travel far. Everything exceeded my expectations. I seriously could not be happier!

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Leah R

We were so thrilled with our entire wedding weekend. I felt so taken care of as the Bride, they run their business like a well oiled machine. Bay Pointe now has such a special and meaningful place in our hearts. We are so grateful.

Reviewed on 9/19/2016

This was the most beautiful venue. We could not have asked for a more stunning location or better hospitality. The staff was absolutely phenomenal for the entire year prior to the wedding and outdid themselves on the day. As the bride I had zero stress. They had organized and... Read More taken care of everything before I had time to even give it a thought. My guests couldn't say enough about Bay Pointe. I would recommend this venue to everyone. Professional and personable in every sense!

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Morgan M

We had the greatest day! I could not have asked for a better place to get married. It was BEAUTIFUL. The staff were wonderful and left me with nothing to worry about. Our onsite coordinator took care of everything. leaving me to relax and enjoy this special day. Our wedding was... Read More more than we could have ever asked for and I would 10/10 recommend getting married here. We plan on coming back and visiting!

Reviewed on 8/25/2016 Brooke B

We can not say enough to good things about our wedding! Bay Pointe has an amazing wedding planning crew who helped us every step of the way in planning our special day. Marissa and Hillary walked us through the planning process and were up to the challenge of honoring our... Read More special requests to personalize our wedding. Melina was an excellent day of the wedding coordinator. I sent her a couple of text messages with a few minor changes the day of during set up and it was taken care of immediately. The food was fantastic, the bar was great, the dessert (phenomenal) and the location was perfect for us. (I would recommend the berry shortcake if you're not into the whole ceremonial cake thing). All of the Bay Pointe staff was amazing and helped make our special day PERFECT! Thank you!

Reviewed on 7/22/2016 Nicole B

I loved everything about Bay Pointe. We had an amazing wedding and weekend at the resort. This was the best find. Our guests all loved it and everything was just beautiful. The food is wonderful!

Reviewed on 7/07/2016 Christina B

The venue is absolutely gorgeous! The staff is a pleasure to work with. They are friendly, professional, efficient and knowledgeable. We would definitely recommend this venue and would host another event in the future!

Reviewed on 7/04/2016 Bethany F

I could not have picked a better place for our wedding. Incredible service and people.

Reviewed on 6/23/2016

Wow!! This is all I can say about having a wedding at Bay Pointe. From the time we took the initial tour and our daughter decided this was the venue, the service was over the top. The grounds are beautiful, the property is clean and well maintained, and the food is very good.... Read More Our wedding planners-Hillary, Melina, and Mariesa were incredibly supportive, attentive, and made sure every detail was addressed. As the mother of the bride, you could not find better wedding planners!!! The ancillary staff from the front desk, to the housekeepers, to the set up and serving staff were gracious, courteous, and made sure that your wedding party was happy and without any concerns. In addition to exceptional service the day of the wedding, Hillary made sure every detail was spelled out and the pricing clear! We got quick and clear responses to any question we asked. On the wedding rehearsal and wedding day, Melina made everything run so smoothly, we had no stress at all!!. All of our guests commented on how gracious and conscientious all the staff was at all times! We could not have had a venue that was any better!!

Reviewed on 9/22/2015 Carrie K

GORGEOUS! My husband and I couldn't have picked a better wedding venue. EVERYTHING was absolutely perfect - the view, the landscape, the staff, the food, the decor, the party, the memories!! Thank you Bay Pointe for the absolute perfect day!!

Best Day Ever

Reviewed on 9/21/2015 Jessica P

Bay Pointe Inn was absolutely stunning! They were so helpful in making my day the best ever! All of my guest kept commenting on how nice everything was! They were so helpful every step of the way!!

Reviewed on 7/29/2015 Fiona V

I was an out of state bride and so I booked this venue site unseen and based on reviews. I was not disappointed. Even though it is a little out there and a drive from anywhere, it is well worth it. It was like an oasis getaway for all my guests. I did not stop getting... Read More compliments at how gorgeous the venue was. The food was delicious, the drinks yummy and the service was amazing. The staff made sure my husband and I were taken care of and always had a full drink and not hungry. This venue may be on the pricier side, but believe me you will not regret spending the extra money. My husband and I are already planning an anniversary getaway in coming years.

Reviewed on 7/16/2015 Amy A

Bay Pointe was everything I could hope for as a venue for my wedding. The staff was extremely helpful from touring at the very start, all the way through the end. It ended up pouring on our wedding day, a fear of mine from the start having an outdoor venue. However, we still... Read More wouldn't do anything differently. The Bay Pointe team was responsive and helpful in coordinating our ceremony during a brief dry spout, then moving everything under the pavilion. The food was fantastic, for both our rehearsal and wedding day. The views at Bay Pointe are astounding. Even through the rain, guests continued to rave about how beautiful the landscaping and sights were. I would absolutely recommend Bay Pointe for a wedding or any event. It's beautiful, romantic and you're guaranteed a staff of people ready to work for you.

The PERFECT Lakeside Venue

Reviewed on 10/13/2014 Chelsea B

I cannot imagine a better place to get married!! Bay Pointe Inn is not only a BEAUTIFUL location but the food is great and the service is OUT OF THIS WORLD! The best decision my husband and I made during the panning process was deciding to get married at Bay Pointe Inn. Working... Read More with Mariesa and Kari to plan the weekend was an absolute breeze. They were always available to explain something about the contract, show us around and even recommend local vendors. They were absolute gems! We decided to make a weekend out of the wedding and rented the Boathouse Villa for the wedding party to stay at and to also to host the rehearsal dinner. First of all, words cannot express how stunning the villa is. It is the perfect place to host all of your loved ones and welcome them to your wedding. Its three floors of comfortable elegance; the perfect place to relax and get ready for the big day! Bay Pointe Inn's staff show up the day of our wedding with huge smiles on their faces and were ready to go out of their way to help. I was shocked at how excited and willing to help every single person was. They made our wedding day better than anything we could have ever imagined!! Before I could even think about asking for something to be fixed or changed, Andrew and Jeffery were on it. They were fast on their feet and incredibly helpful!! Since the wedding I have had SEVERAL guests call me to rave about how amazing everything was at Bay Pointe Inn; the staff, the food, the rooms, THE VIEW, everything blew our wedding guests away. If you are looking for a beautiful venue on the water with a phenomenal staff and delicious food, then Bay Pointe Inn and Restaurant is your wedding location. You will not be disappointed!

Beautiful Venue!

Reviewed on 9/11/2014 Abbey G

This place had everything we were looking for! It was a beautiful setting on the lake on a perfect day. The staff was exceptional and very helpful. It was great to have so many friends and family staying at the Inn with us so we could celebrate even longer as well. Great... Read More place!