Book Your Wedding with Bayou Barn

A BACKYARD IN MARRERO, LA

Rustic and romantic, Bayou Barn in Marrero, Louisiana is the ideal location to host a ceremony and reception with a down-home, southern style. Bayou Barn provides a number of services for stress-free experience that will help the couple treat their guests to a wedding and reception they'll never forget. The 8,000-square foot venue offers several indoor and outdoor settings for couples to host their ceremony and reception.

Located next to the Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve, Bayou Barn provides a beautiful landscape for couples to host their wedding ceremony and reception outdoors. Creole-style walkways and other settings provide excellent photo opportunities to commemorate the day. For something a bit more rustic, the spacious barn makes a great place to dance the night away or hold a ceremony away from the glaring Louisiana sun. The chic, reclaimed wood exterior also makes a great backdrop for wedding photos.

The venue also offers couples the option to hold their reception inside the main building as well. This space's open design is littered with numerous tall windows and glass doors that let in plenty of natural light, while also allowing guests to enjoy the beautiful setting from indoors. Capable of accommodating 288 guests for a seated dinner or 900 standing guests, the venue is conveniently located only 20 minutes from the grand city of New Orleans.

The venue is available to rent in three-hour blocks. As Bayou Barn is quite popular for weekend wedding events, a deposit is required for Friday and Saturday rentals to reserve the venue.

Bayou Barn offers a dedicated event planner to help the day goes smoothly. The venue also offers a variety of other necessary services, including entertainment. Several band and music options are available, including Cajun zydeco bands, swamp pop bands, fiddler bands and more. The music will definitely provide an added touch of uniqueness and an authenticity that more than fits the space.

Tables, chairs and other options, such as extra bathrooms, outdoor air conditioning and more are available for an extra fee. The venue offers five decoration schemes for weddings, so couples can choose the style of their event. Photography services, professional floral arrangements and many more service options are provided at the venue for an extra cost.

To-be-weds can choose from a wide variety of menu items and can save money with special event meal packages. The venue offers Cajun entrées for a genuine Creole experience, including pig roasts, jambalaya and more. Open bar and cash bar options are available, including a bartender serving beer, wine, juice, soda and numerous standard and Creole cocktails.

Bayou Barn also offers genuine Creole entertainment. Couples can choose to include a number of fun games and activities, such as crawfish races, horseshoes, wooden alligator races and bolo toss. As well, the bride and groom can delight their guests with a variety of costumed Cajun entertainers, including:

• Voodoo doll maker
  • Swamp fortune teller
  • Stilt walker
  • Fire breather
  • Voodoo priest
  • Alligator handler

Barn Wedding on the Bayou! Beautiful, Rustic Venue

Beautiful, unique, rustic venue on the Louisiana bayou. Barn Wedding on the Water located in Marrero, just 20 minutes from New Orleans. Large Enclosed Barn with wood tables and white chairs is festoon lighted inside and out. We have expansive outdoor gardens, a huge outdoor deck for ceremonies and over the water wedding pergola. Plenty of parking! In-house catering, with large stage for live music, & full on-site bar service. Capacity from 20 - 1000. We have air conditioning, heating and are fully powered. We also have linens, burlap runners, rustic and vintage decor, discount florist, cake and photography services. Our in house coordinator helps plan, arrange, and schedule your delivery times and ceremony. We'd love to be part of Your Special Day!

• Outdoor - Covered

Backyard, Ballroom, Barn, Waterfront, Garden, Historic Venue, Restaurant, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Shuttle Service, Transportation

7145 Barataria Blvd, Marrero, LA (504) 689-2663

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Mallory C

I had not heard of The Bayou Barn until I started searching for venues. I am so happy that I found this venue. My outdoor ceremony was beautiful. The venue is already decorated with fairy lights, but Mrs. Tammy and the rest of The Bayou Barn staff went above and beyond for... Read More set up. My package had included white table cloths, wildflowers in mason jars, and burlap runners on the table. I did not expect them them to find roses in my wedding colors, hand paint bottles and little mason jars for tea lights in my colors and add flowers to them. They also made little flower arrangements for the groom and I to hand out to our mothers and my grandmother. The food was amazing and the staff was friendly and seemed genuinely happy for me. We choose to go with their DJ, Miss Heide. She was so much fun and also took pictures during the reception and had them projected in real time for the guests. We had 175 guests, and the venue felt comfortable with lots of room to dance and eat. Many of my guest commented that they loved the venue and it was one of the most beautiful wedding they had been to. I fully recommend this venue to any bride who is interested in a venue with a bit of the charm of the bayou country.

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Carol G

I recently had my wedding at the Bayou Barn and I couldn't have been happier with how it turned out. The venue was PERFECT for myself and my (now) husband. It's so rustic and charming! Every detail in the venue looks like it was taken out of the pages of Pinterest. I loved that... Read More the wedding packages are pretty much all-inclusive. The food is great also. The staff there is welcoming and professional. They kept the food and liquor flowing flowing all night to a rowdy group of 250 hard party goers. Their packages are awesome. You get an open buffet, open bar, full run of the venue (ceremony and reception), set up all of your decorations, servers, bartenders, etc. The only thing you really need to provide is your cake, DJ/band and any additional decorations you choose (but trust me when I say you don't need any). It really exceeded my expectations. If you're thinking of having a wedding here look no further! If you like the idea of an outdoor ceremony by the bayou on a huge wood deck with party lights and an indoor reception in a large barn, then this is your place! The food is delicious, the drinks were flowing all night, the service was impeccable and the decor was "Cajun/bayou" themed (including alligators swimming in the nearby bayou). The size can accomodate a large or small group and you can be as loud as you want (I know we were) without worrying about disturbing the neighbors. Loved having my wedding here and highly recommend it for anyone that is considering it.

Reviewed on 5/31/2016 Kristie V

I recently had my wedding at the Bayou Barn and had a WONDERFUL experience! The food was fabulous and everyone in that place is very friendly and professional. The ambience at the Bayou Barn is very very special with all the little touches and decorations. The staff, the food,... Read More the decor and the detail to which they went to make my wedding special really blew me away. I had a few last minute requests and Tammy was responsive, kind and amazing to work with. My friends and family had such a wonderful time that everyone is talking about how and when we can get back to the Bayou Barn for another go round. It was by far the best experience we had during the wedding weekend. Not only would I recommend this venue to friends, but I will be searching for a reason I can use as an excuse to throw another party here. HUGE thanks to Tammy and her amazing supportive staff for giving me, my husband, my family, and all my friends a night we'll never forget. Truly amazing.

Reviewed on 3/27/2017 Alison A

I am an event manager with ALL ABOUT EVENTS. I managed a wedding and reception at Bayou Barn this weekend. Tammy and all of her staff did a fantastic job. We had some real challenges between the weather and other issues, and these folks really came through! Tammy has a great... Read More eye for décor, and with the help of several of her enthusiastic staff, her ideas for the ceremony site came out beautifully. All of the staff were friendly and energetic. Several of them asked me throughout the night if I needed anything or if they could help me and my event assistant in any way. It was great knowing they were there to lend a hand in between their duties. Thank you, Tammy and crew for partnering with us to create a successful and memorable event!

Reviewed on 12/05/2016 Mary M

I was so lucky to find this venue. Our guests raved all night and all weekend about how fantastic the food was. They let us keep leftovers and almost all of it got eaten the next day. We didn't want to spend a ton of money on our wedding but we wanted to have good food. Tammy... Read More was an absolute joy to work with. We had a few specific food allergies that we had to work with and Tammy and crew were so helpful to make just a few custom plates for us. The staff on our wedding night were so nice to everyone. They even brought my husband and I plates of appetizers and drinks and we didn't even ask! Everything was great - better than I could have asked for.

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Samantha C

I am very perticular and its hard for me to not have my hand in every detail. But the Bayou Barn did not disappoint. We found this gem of a place and it was exactly the look/feel/style we wanted for our wedding. It was so unique, none of our guests had been before. I loved that... Read More they would take care of food, decor, flowers, etc. It was hard for me to be hands off in the details. BUT, I'm telling you from experience trust them! It was flawless. The owners and staff are awesome and helpful. All of our guests loved the venue and staff. Also, if you're trying to pick your menu- get the voodoo shrimp pasta! It is phenomenal!

2016-11-23T10:24:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you Sam for your 5 star review. Your wedding was so special with all the vintage decor and uniqueness. We enjoyed working with you to help create your vision. Thanks for letting us be part of your special day.

Reviewed on 5/09/2016 Jennifer S

Pretty stressful but in the end was beautiful

2016-11-23T10:17:38 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the review. I know having an outside caterer can sometimes be stressful. I hope the extras we offered you helped out. You're wedding really was beautiful and you were a stunning bride.

Tammy Friloux

Tammy Friloux, owner of Bayou Barn, says " As a professional wedding & event specialist, I believe that our customers’ needs and desires are of the utmost importance, no matter how simple, how extravagant or how unique, and I am committed to meeting those needs. I welcome the opportunity to earn your trust and deliver the best service in the industry." Tammy and her team has assisted in planning and managed numerous weddings at Bayou Barn for over (10) years and keeps each unique and intriguing. Contact Tammy for all weddings. She walks you through planning to make your event stress free.