DJs for your Vibrant, Worry-Free Celebration!

Beat Train Productions is a Boston based boutique DJ team. Our award-winning DJs are passionate about making your wedding celebration sublimely fresh, inspired, and wildly successful.

Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, African, Indian, Latin, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Audio/Visual Equipment, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

Serving Boston, and throughout New England!, Boston, MA Serving Boston, and throughout New England! (617) 453-8821

Reviewed on 12/06/2015 Tory S

Greg Lanzillotta DJ'ed our wedding and KILLED IT. We had been told by so many people to go with a band but we knew the right DJ would be SO much better, and Greg made us look good by delivering on that promise. Greg was so friendly, professional and responsive throughout the... Read More entire process, and the end result was a massive dance party that people are still talking about. Not only does Beat Train think about the songs and the dance part of the evening, but they are very responsible and serious about the overall sound quality of the ceremony and reception. We had a very difficult venue acoustically and I am so grateful that Greg came to a walk-through before the wedding to see the space and plan for the tricky echos. This guy is the real deal. We liked Beat Train initially because the DJs had club experience: They are able to read the room and transition into and out of songs if they're not working (or pivot when they see something strike a chord). Greg did this masterfully and was such a delight to work with. We will definitely recommend Greg and Beat Train to others!!

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Courtney B

We were more than thrilled to have DJ Seth Isaacs at our Boston wedding in November of 2016. We would highly recommend him for anyone looking for an honest, reliable, articulate and professional DJ. Seth was easy to get in touch with leading up to the wedding and quick to... Read More respond to our queries. We were planning our wedding from overseas, and we very much appreciated how flexible Seth was in terms of setting up calls and meetings in person when we were visiting Boston. We felt like he went out of his way to accommodate us; it was really important to us that we had certain songs played at our wedding (and equally important that some songs were not played!), and Seth created a simply outstanding playlist that satisfied all of our tastes and requests. My husband is from Ireland, and Seth was able to perfectly intertwine some of our traditional songs and dances into the set list, and our guests literally were on the floor all night. He read the room perfectly, and he knew exactly what would keep our guests smiling and moving. And our guests' ages ranged from 4 to 85 years old! We especially appreciated Seth's recommendations for the type of music we should use during the cocktail hour and meal time, and while we had some suggestions on certain bands, we absolutely loved the additional selections that Seth made. We could not stop smiling during the meal, and our guests even commented on how perfect the music was during the meal. Seth has unbelievable talent and really understands his clients. His professionalism is what sets him apart from many other DJs. He did not try to "steal the show" with jokes or unnecessary chatter between songs. He literally did the announcing he was supposed to do as a DJ (and particularly well, considering we had many traditional and hard-to-prounounce Irish names in our wedding party!) and mixed excellent music without any small talk or those terrible jokes one often hears at other weddings! After the wedding Seth sent us through the full music clips of the songs that he played and also clips of the speeches, which we have very much enjoyed listening to these past few months. It is a fantastic touch and gift to the couple! Seth was an excellent choice, and we would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone planning a wedding.

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Michael P

We recently got married in August and my main job was finding the DJ. I am a huge music nerd so picking the right DJ was the most important thing for me. I thought it was going to be a daunting task to try and find the right DJ, especially because we had a destination wedding,... Read More until I found Beat Train Productions. I knew from the moment I saw the website that this company was legit. All of their DJ's are top notch, and after reading all of the bio's I knew that DJ Jeff Durand was the guy for us. Jeff is a serious DJ that lives and breathes music. Not only is he extremely talented, he is a wedding music expert. He truly understands how the music at a wedding should flow. He has great taste in all music genres and his level of professionalism is something that we were instantly drawn to. Since we were out of town planning this wedding, we were able to Skype with Jeff to go over the details of the music. He was such a pleasure to work with and made the planning the music such a breeze. After our very first Skype meeting, I had complete confidence that he would treat us to a truly memorable night. He could totally read what vibe we were looking for when it came to the music at the wedding. What we loved most about working with Jeff was he was a pro at getting people out of their chairs and grooving on the dance floor. He played everything from Motown classics to early hip-hop and everything in between. Everyone from the younger crowd to our grandparents were telling us how much fun they had on the dance floor. Jeff truly created a magical night for everyone at our wedding. I highly recommended working with Beat Train Productions and booking your next event with Jeff Durand.

Reviewed on 11/12/2017 John F

Jeff is an all-star DJ, he kept the dance floor packed all the way til 1 AM. Jeff and the Beat Train crew made the planning process as low stress and easy as possible. We had so many things to plan for our wedding, the last thing that I wanted to do was to spend hours... Read More building out a playlist for our big night. I put my trust into Jeff's professional hands, gave him few genre suggestions, and asked him to "run with it". Run with it he did - we had fun, danceable music from all eras playing all night. Big thanks to Jeff for being a HUGE part of what made our wedding so fun!

Reviewed on 11/05/2017 Alexandra S

We worked with Spencer Henderson from Beat Train Productions, and he was exactly the type of DJ we hoped to work with. Spencer took the time to meet with us about one year before the wedding. He was very easy to talk to, we spent an hour just chatting out how we met, styles of... Read More music we liked, and were able to get to know each other. When we met closer to the wedding date, we completed Beat Train's questionnaire and Spencer was very attentive to our answers as we discussed each question in detail. Our venue was a restaurant, rather than a single ballroom, so he even took the time to visit beforehand and ensure he would have the right setup the day of which was above and beyond what we expected. The day of, we could tell Spencer really understood what type of music we were looking for throughout our cocktail hour, dinner, and late night. He kept everyone dancing until the night wound down around 1am! It is worth noting he worked really well coordinating with a live band which played two short sets of Greek music, and kept the atmosphere lively throughout. He kept the night moving, announcing speeches, introducing the bridal party, etc. without being over the top. You could see throughout the night how much Spencer enjoys what he does, he seemed to feel the mood of the room, and in addition to the music was himself an enthusiastic presence at the reception. He is a model professional, and we would highly recommend him to anyone.

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Erma Rose S

Working with Perry, our DJ from Beat Train, was an absolute pleasure. Easy-going and professional, he maintained the style that we wanted, and was completely adaptable when little hiccups, unavoidable as they were, happened. His MC-ing was impeccable, and his playlist and dance... Read More mix were downright fun. I would highly recommend these guys, especially Perry, for anyone's wedding!

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Marissa M

Seth Isaacs was our DJ and he was unbelievable! He called us beforehand and asked us questions we hadn’t thought of, he was fabulous the night of our party and did a great job adapting to the crowd. Guests reached out to me days later telling me how much they liked Seth. He did... Read More an excellent job and I highly recommend!

2017-10-22T15:31:30 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much!!

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 Emily H

Our experience with Beat Train Productions was perfect. Our DJ, Jeff Gilbride, was phenomenal. Jeff took the time to make sure that the announcements and music for our reception were exactly as we wanted them. He made the planning process smooth and easy; he was proactive in... Read More communication and took care of everything that needed to be done. At our reception, he was professional, kind to all of our guests, and kept the dance floor completely filled all night. We got so many compliments from guests on our DJ choice throughout the evening. We highly recommend Jeff and Beat Train Productions - thank you for making our reception so much fun!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Todd R

We first heard Seth Issacs DJ at another friend's wedding. He had the dance floor packed the minute the music started and kept it that way all night. We know that our friends and family love to dance and we had to have the best. We knew exactly who we wanted for our wedding, and... Read More booked Seth the same day we set the date. Seth was very easy to communicate with while we planned our wedding. He listened to what we wanted, gave us great advice, and even met with us on location to help us understand set up and lighting. His preparation document was very thorough and very helpful as we planned the reception. He was a great sounding board as we considered options, and he took each and every one of our requests professionally, and incorporated each of those requests seamlessly in to our evening. Just as we hoped, Seth had the dance floor completely packed from the first to the last song. Seth is a huge reason our wedding was so wonderful. The top comment from our guests was the quality and energy of the music. We would not have changed a thing.

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Eliza L

Greg Lanzillotta was the DJ at our wedding and was amazing! He DJed my sister's wedding 2 years ago and as soon as I got engaged my first decision was to hire Greg again. He was super helpful with timing of everything that had to get done throughout the night (i.e. speeches and... Read More parent dances) and discretely came over to us to make suggestions to keep us on track, knowing what our goal timeline was for the evening. We didn't have to think about anything or keep on eye on the clock because we knew we could rely on him. He had many questions about our music preferences--questions we didn't even think about needing to answer until he asked them--because he was just that thorough with making sure he knew what music we wanted. We had some very specific requests (no top 40) and some more broad requests (specific genres). We also made some sample Spotify playlists with examples of what we would like played and he played several specific songs from those playlists. We left the rest up to him to fill in the blanks and he did an amazing job; people told us after the wedding that they wanted our playlist for their own wedding! I suggested they reach out to Greg because he was so great. He didn't talk unless necessary (making the introductions, announcing each event, announcing the buses, last call, etc) which is nice because some DJs can talk too much. He kept a large crowd dancing the whole night! It was a great price and I would recommend Greg to anyone who asked!

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Jennifer L

DJ Sam Turner and Beat Train Productions were simply the best! DJ Sam killed it at our wedding - such an amazing playlist and you couldn't get our guests off the dance floor. It was truly a pleasure working with this team and would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Lisa P

Nick Ferrington performed at our Sept. '17 wedding and was exceptional. Personally, the DJ is the most important part of the wedding guests' experience -- accordingly, I had high expectations/standards. Nick exceeded expectations and delivered on every aspect of the job. It... Read More started with Nick's responsiveness & reliability leading up to the wedding day and continued with his day-of performance. Nick's music selection and read of the crowd was spot-on as he created a lively dance floor. It was clear that Nick took into account our music tastes/preferences relayed during consultation: his song choices and timing were perfect. Moreover, Nick's energy, announcing, and articulation were flawless, seamlessly transitioning in and out of all formalities. Last but not least, Nick was professional and easy to work with. Multiple wedding guests commented on the dance floor and music selection, and one guest even asked for Nick's contact information. My wife and I could not have been happier with our DJ experience - excellent all around.

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Rebecca F

DJ Spencer Henderson was perfect for our wedding. He was professional, engaging, fun, kept the dance floor full, and most importantly, listened exactly to what we wanted for our big day. He was very responsive, helpful, and thorough in the lead up to the wedding. Day of the... Read More wedding he was genuinely happy to be there to celebrate with us and made sure everything went according to plan. Everyone who interacted with him from our families, friends and other vendors had nothing but great things to say about him. If you are looking for a DJ who is not all over the mic, but is truly there to make your event as fun and "about you" as possible, we highly recommend DJ Spencer from Boston Beat Train Productions! Thanks, Spencer!

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Nora M

We hired Beat Train Productions and Greg Lanzillotta to DJ our wedding this past July at Shining Tides in Mattapoisett, MA. We cannot say enough good things about working with this company and Greg! After a previously disastrous interaction with a DJ that we almost hired, we... Read More felt extremely lucky to have found Beat Train. From the very beginning, Beat Train was professional, communicative and thorough. They put us directly in touch with our DJ, Greg, who was always prompt and helpful in answering our questions. We met with Greg in person about 2 months before the wedding to go over everything. Greg was so personable and easy to get along with. He went above and beyond to meet our requests and work with our ceremony musicians to ensure that everything went smoothly. On the day of our wedding, Greg was the perfect emcee- classy and not at all invasive to the overall “feel” of the day. Greg was amazing at reading the crowd (we had quite the diverse bunch!) and our dance floor was packed all night long. Our guests are still raving about what a great job Greg did! We would HIGHLY recommend working with Beat Train and Greg Lanzillotta!

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Brianna S

We absolutely loved working with Spencer and the Beat Train Production team! Music was definitely one of our top priorities and Spencer exceeded all our expectations! Spencer is so nice to work with and he took the time to meet with us before our wedding for a few hours to... Read More discuss our musical tastes and all of the wedding logistics. He also sent a really helpful worksheet before our big day and did an amazing job fielding everyone's song requests. We had a lot of different age groups at our wedding and he was able to get everyone on the dance floor! All of our guests were telling us they loved our DJ and had so much fun dancing at our wedding. We highly recommend booking Spencer from Beat Train!

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Elyssa B

We hired Sam Turner to DJ our wedding in Brooklyn. Sam could not have been a better choice. He met with us on more than one occasion, hopped on the phone and promptly emailed us back when we reached out. He took our wedding seriously and executed our vision. He edited... Read More processional songs, and honored our requests. Everyone complimented the music throughout the night, saying it was the best music at a wedding they have ever heard. We have Sam to thank for that. As soon as we met him, we knew we were in good hands! Thanks Sam and Beat Train!

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 B M

Tim Ahler is amazing. Kind, professional, responsive--I would highly recommend his services. Also worth noting is that Tim's presence was relevant and subtle--I have been to weddings that end with the DJ doing the worm on the dance floor--not cute.

Reviewed on 9/03/2017 Jacki M

These guys are amazing! We had Greg Lanzillota DJ our wedding at Mount Hope Farm in Bristol RI and everyone LOVED him. We let him play what he felt was right (and a couple must plays) and it was great, he had the dance floor packed all night. And he helped us set up microphones... Read More for our ceremony too. Such a great company. Don't hesitate. If you want people to dance and you want a DJ who will listen to you, choose Greg! Also my husband feels the same way--not your typical wedding DJ, he says.

Reviewed on 8/31/2017 Sara F

I absolutely LOVED working with DJ Sam Turner of Beat Train!! They are great because they do not play cliche wedding music or line dances and do not talk all night - they focus on the music, and most importantly, the music that you and your partner want to hear on your special... Read More day! Sam was so helpful and accommodating and very responsive as we put together our list of favorite songs and do not play songs. He really got our vision and took his time to ask us plenty of questions to make sure that he did a great job. I really loved how he coordinated directly with the wedding venue to sync up on the intros, timing of cake cutting, etc. He made it really easy for us! The music choices he picked could not have been more perfect! Our wedding will be remembered for years because our guests DID NOT STOP DANCING. You will not be disappointed with Beat Train - I highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 8/16/2017 Chelsea D

Tim Ahler was simply amazing to work with!!! My husband and I met up with him before the wedding at a coffee shop to go over the types of music we would want from start to finish. He really listened to what we wanted, but used his expertise to put together the perfect selection.... Read More I told him that my main goal was to make sure people were always dancing at the reception, and he really made it happen. Guests who I never thought I would see dance in my life were up moving the entire night! Everyone had a blast, which made the night absolutely perfect.

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Tara Z

Words can't even begin to describe what an amazing job Ari did. From our first meeting with Ari, he made us feel comfortable and trust that he would do everything possible to make our wedding special. He was super accommodating with toss outs/announcements and his attention to... Read More detail was amazing. My husband and I have an eclectic taste in music, and Ari did an incredible job incorporating everything. Our wedding was a nonstop dance party. We also hired the photobooth which was a fantastic addition! Our guests had tons of fun in the booth and we have a great collection of gifs and photos to remember the zany parts of our wedding. Overall an amazing DJ company and Ari rocked it.

Reviewed on 8/04/2017 Derrick B

Our experience with Beat Train Productions was excellent! Jeff Gilbride was the DJ for our wedding and he was amazing! Before the big day, our communication with him was seamless and he was very open to all of our requests. On the day of the event, everything went very smoothly... Read More and narration was perfect. The music that he played was exactly what we were hoping for with awesome transitions. The dance floor was completely packed the entire night; largely due to his efforts! If you are looking for a DJ for your wedding (or any other event I would guess) look no further than Beat Train and Jeff Gilbride!!

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Tori G

Jeff had the dance floor crowded ALL NIGHT. He did an amazing job. We were worried about having a cheesy DJ or a traditional wedding DJ and Jeff was so so so far from that, we felt like we were at a club and all of our favorite songs were on. He was super communicative, friendly... Read More and extremely professional.

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Paris L

We had DJ Sam Turner as our DJ and wedding emcee for our wedding. He was awesome and kept the crowd dancing during our reception. We met with him before the wedding and he was clearly on the same page with us with the vibe we wanted for our wedding and totally executed. On the... Read More day-of, he adjusted his playlist accordingly based on last-minute timeline changes and had the wedding run smoothly with his cues and announcements. We highly recommend him!!

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Chelsea D

We worked with DJ Jeff Durand from Beat Train Productions and were blown away by his music and professionalism at the wedding. He did an amazing job seamlessly transitioning songs and keeping everyone on the dance floor. We have been getting so many compliments from guests about... Read More how great the DJ was, we had people on the dance floor that said "they never dance at weddings". We also used Jeff for uplighting, he used wireless lights from his personal collection and the lights were able to time up with the music perfectly, which added a great vibe to the dance floor. We also used Beat Train for their Photo Booth. This was a great hit, there were fun props and we received all the photos digitally within a week. It was great having everything through one vendor and helped save costs.

Ari Rosenfield

In 2006, as an eclectic club DJ, I started Beat Train Productions with the goal of offering the finest DJs available for weddings and private events. Since then, we've become one of the most acclaimed in the business, and our couples have come to rely on us to understand their vision, provide personalized service, and to throw amazing celebrations, all the while, keeping it classy.